L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

A question from the British Islands

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Chancellerie Pontificale – Pontificia Cancellariae – Papal Chancellery
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Cinead

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 28, 2023 4:01 pm    Sujet du message: A question from the British Islands Répondre en citant

For the first time in his life the young Bishop is in these halls to speak with someone. He has been here a number of times to look for things that he couldn't find elsewhere. But now he's been in the dark for a week or so, and he figured his searching skills are not as good as he had thought they'd be. So time to see if he can find someone here with more experience or keys that can unlock doors that he's not allowed to know of.

Erhm, My name is Cinead of Twynholm and I am here with a question concerning an In Partibus position. Is there anyone around that may be able to help me?

Patiently the young Bishop waits for someone to appear from one of the offices.

Bishop of Whithorn, Priest of Kirkcudbright, Archivist for the Registers, Translator at Order of Saint Jerome, Witer at the Holy Office 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Cinead

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 30, 2023 11:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The young bishop enjoys the peace and quiet in these halls. This must be one of the forgotten places in Rome. A place that used to be packed with activity and has now become more and more quiet over the years. Cinead finds it disturbing that the happens at so many places in the world, not just Rome and he prays that His Lord will give him the strength and guidance to battle this somehow. Maybe time to call out one more time.

Hello, I am still here, here with a question concerning an In Partibus position! Is there anyone around that may be able to help me?

He hears his voice resonate through the empty halls and hopes that he can somewhere hear a door open...

Bishop of Whithorn, Priest of Kirkcudbright, Archivist for the Registers, Translator at Order of Saint Jerome, Witer at the Holy Office 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Felipe...
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 30, 2023 1:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Books, many books, hundreds of dust-covered books piled up in the corners of the offices, on the tables, on the shelves. The Chancery was an administrative congregation where many kinds of records were kept: the sacraments, the index of forbidden books, the cadastre of the city of Rome, as well as the safeguarding of dogma and canon law treasured in the Vatican library. There were no great liturgical ceremonies there, only the soft sound of quills on paper and, usually, silence.

Felipe walked with his secretary, each laden with several bulky and heavy books, and as they entered the room they placed them on a table. The cardinal noticed the presence of a clergyman: it must have been he who called to be attended to. With a wave of his hand, the prelate ordered the secretary to leave

- Dominus tecum, venerabilis frater - the cardinal greeted with an outstretched hand.

Felipe did not know the cleric, but when he said his name was Cinead of Twynholm, he knew who had just arrived at the Chancery offices.

- The Bishop of Whithorn, I suppose. Welcome to the Chancery, Monsignor. I am Felipe, the new Vice-Chancellor. Please tell me how I can help you-. Felipe invited the English bishop to take a seat in one of the armchairs in his office. - Would you like a drink? It is a particularly hot day in Rome today.

_______.______Sanctae Mariae Rotundae cardinalis episcopus | Archiepiscopus Burdigalensis
__________..Secretarius brevium ad Principes | Sanctae Sedis Vice-cancillarius et Magnus Auditor
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Cinead

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 30, 2023 3:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It surprised the young Bishop to be greeted and welcome by a Cardinal, he'd expected an aid of a lesser rank and stature. He had known about Cardinal Felipe's promotion that happened the previous month. Hearing the Cardinal speak he smiled, the man had a similar accent as His Eminence Adonnis has, what a coincidence. When the Cardinal stretches out his hand, the young bishop bows and kisses the ring on his finger with the utmost respect. After that he replies the greeting by the Cardinal.

Your Eminence, it is a honor to meet you. I am surprised that a man of your stature has the time to answer a simple question of mine.

Having said that, the young bishop sits down in one of the armchairs in the office that the Cardinal has taken him. This is a very nice seat, the bishop thinks, very comfortable. Then he speaks up to answer the Cardinal's questions.

If I may, your Eminence, allow me to congratulate you first of all with your elevation to the position of Vice Chancellor of the Papal Chancellery. An important position and probably a lot of work as well. And then to answer your question, if I may I would like to have a glass of water, please.

The Cardinal is correct, it is a hot day. Much hotter than it would ever be in the Scottish summer. And here in late April it is already hot. Then he gathers his thoughts and formulates the question he has been trying to get answered.

Your Eminence, I was doing some administrative work, something I enjoy doing. So I was working at the British Library and figured it was time to update the list of active clergy on the British Islands. And then I bumped into something that made me ponder. It is concerning Catriona_mackenzie - Bishop in partibus of Ephesus. It is the In Partibus bishop seat that I ponder about. In the Archives I have found the Naming of Bishop on April 26th 1465 (2017). However, on a more current list of all In Partibus that of Ephesus no longer exists on November 5th 1470 (2020). So I have been through all announcement done by the Papal Chancellery since the nomination of Catorina to that position and I was unable to find when and why this was taken from her. My question to you is can you explain to me what happened here? Is she still a Bishop in Partibus of Ephesus, and is just her record of it missing? Or is Ephesus no longer a seat someone can have? Or did she lose the honorary title for some reason and is the communication about that missing? I hope to find an answer about this, so I can make certain that we have all things correct.

That is about it, what he wanted to ask. The bishop still ponders a bit and then adds the following to it.

I am somewhat of a person whom likes to have these details in order and also able to find the correct documentation about it in the right place. I am also responsible for the British Church Libraries, and enjoy trying to have everything complete and accurate.

When he's done speaking he is thinks, that has hardly anything to do with the question, better stick on topic he thinks to himself. He hopes that he was not too long in his question, but he did share all the information that he was able to find.

Felipe...
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 30, 2023 7:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

- A man of my stature? - Felipe smiled amused - I never considered myself a particularly tall man - he said jokingly, although he understood perfectly well what Monsignor Cinead meant. - We are understaffed at the Chancery, so I must personally work on all the unfinished issues, including attending to the visitors. Although I can confess that it is edifying to meet new people, and I also have the excuse to rest for a few minutes.

Felipe also sat in one of the armchairs by the large fireplace, which was unlit that day. The cardinal smiled and nodded gratefully at the bishop's congratulations.

A lot, a lot of work. You see, since I have been in office I have hardly seen the sunlight; I am forced to remain in the shadows, surrounded by books in the library and in the registry. But I'm not complaining, I've always enjoyed administrative work, even if it is repetitive and monotonous.

The vice-chancellor rang a silver bell on his desk and the office door opened, the secretary and a servant re-entered.

- Water for the monsignor, please. And I also need the registers of the In Partibus bishoprics.

While the two clerics waited, Felipe said: - I must apologise, monseigneur, because I have offended you in my mind. For a moment I thought your diocese was English, and then I remembered that Whithorn is much further north in Scotland. God forgive me for mistaking Scots for English!

A few moments later, both the servant and the secretary returned. On the table they laid a book and a tray with two Murano cut crystal goblets and a small lead coffer. Felipe poured both goblets and opened the coffer, taking from it a few chunks of crushed ice. - The ice is extracted from the top of Monte Velino, east of Rome, and then kept in deep pits underground to maintain the temperature so that it doesn't melt. A small, brief pleasure in our mouths. As you can see, this is one of the ways we Romans fight the heat on summer days.

The Cardinal then took the book and spent a few minutes reading the annotations in silence.

- Uhmm, I'm afraid the case is a little more complex than we thought. Indeed, the diocese of Ephesus was granted in 1465 to Monsignor Catriona. A year later the diocese was granted to Cardinal Richelieu. But it is strange, that should not have happened. When a diocese is already granted, there must be a decree of revocation, and we have no record of it. I think it is due to a administrative error, perhaps Monsignor Catriona's appointment was not on the list, and Cardinal Arnarion thought it was vacant.

Felipe stroked his chin, thinking about possible solutions.

- I am afraid I cannot give you a solution today. I certainly believe that Monsignor Cinead should have a bishopric, as should His Eminence Richelieu. Considering that this circumstance is unprecedented, I will go today to consult with His Holiness and the members of the Curia. As soon as I have an answer, I will personally send you a message.

_______.______Sanctae Mariae Rotundae cardinalis episcopus | Archiepiscopus Burdigalensis
__________..Secretarius brevium ad Principes | Sanctae Sedis Vice-cancillarius et Magnus Auditor
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Cinead

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 30, 2023 8:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hearing the Cardinal speak makes Cinead listen with the greatest attention, because he is truly interested in how this happened. But before he has time to consider everything he is puzzled by what the Cardinal said in the end, therefor he best ask about that before replying in full.

But, your Eminence, Monsignor Cinead, I mean I, me, I have a bishopric. Maybe you mixed up Catorina's name up with mine?

Felipe...
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 30, 2023 8:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Errr... yes, yes, sorry. I meant that Monsignor Catriona and His Eminence Richelieu should each have an In Partibus bishopric. Obviously they cannot share Ephesus.

Cinead

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 01, 2023 11:17 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Cinead smiles reassured when he hears the Cardinal correct what he said previously. He wasn’t sure what was being said and experience has taught him it’s better to ask then to assume. So he replies to the Cardinal.

Thank you, Your Eminence, for explaining the situation. I do wonder, what are the odds that out of so many bishopric two people would chose exactly the same one within a years time? I have great confidence in these being resolved in accordance with our Dogma and I am pleased that I have brought this to your attention.

The young bishop then takes a sip from his water, and it is like the Cardinal said, a very nice refreshment that he enjoys a lot.

Thank you for the water, it is like you said a very nice and refreshing drink on a hot day like this! You did put a smile on my face when you shared your thoughts with me on where I am from. Usually my Scottish accent gives it away, and many English cannot understand a word I say when I speak with people from my own village. But it is true what you say, between the English and the Scots is a big difference, even when we share the same island. Also, I have to admit, that in my thoughts you sound similar to Cardinal Adonnis. But I have no idea if you are also from Portugal, or maybe from Spain, I can never place the accents with certainty.

Time for another sip of the refreshments before continuing with answering the Cardinal.

You mentioned that the Papal Chancellory is understaffed. I have been looking for something to do in Rome for many months, but I am unable to find a congregation that has accepted me. So I am wondering, do you have place for someone like me? I mean I am not asking for a position, just for something to do. I could be a trainee archivist or something like that if you have that kind of work to do? Maybe I could help you out with some things then. Like I said, I love Libraries, so maybe I can dust off some books for you there? Maybe that way you could have some sunlight and I could have something to do. Of course I fully respect your decision in this, and understand that I may not be deemed experienced enough to work at a Papal Chancellery.

Waiting for the Cardinal’s response the young bishop enjoys the water. He is proud that he dared to speak up and ask if he could be of service as well. He finds it difficult to speak up in these matters, specifically because he had so many unanswered attempts. Isn’t there a saying about this somewhere.

Felipe...
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 02, 2023 12:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am also confident that we will resolve this mistake. In addition to reporting it to the Curia, I will personally write to our sister Catriona to ask her about it. I do not know of any precedents on similar cases, although as we are human, we can make mistakes when we proceed with the registers.

Felipe drank some water, and regretted not having offered something better, such as lemon or orange juice, or even a glass of wine.

Portuguese and Spanish are quite similar languages as they come from Latin, as are Spanish and Italian, but they certainly have many differences and their accents are also very different. But it is normal that to the ears of a Scotsman they can be almost the same. - He smiled - I was born in the city of Burgos, in the kingdom of Castile, in the centre of the Iberian Peninsula.

Then the conversation changed course. The cardinal smiled with pleasure at the bishop's proposal.

I always have vacancies in the chancellery, and I will be happy to find you a position that is to your liking. However, I still have a small problem to solve: our registers are out of date, including the hierarchy. I need a few days to sort all that out and find out exactly which positions are vacant. By the way, aren't you the archivist of the English Register of Sacraments?

Cinead

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 02, 2023 2:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Your Eminence, you are most kind to write to Catorina as well, I am convinced she will appreciate this.

As for my current job, yes I am the archivist for the English Register of Sacraments! And I have had this position for over two years. But this gives me just something to do once ever 2-3 months or so. And I am looking for something to do that will be a little more responsibility and things to do. I am also a professor in training. But these things progress at a slow pace.

The young bishop smiles at the Cardinal and says.

I understand that you have to get a clear idea of the internals of the congregation first. And please do take you time for that. I just wanted to let you know that I am here and willing to work.

Time for another sip of the water, before it becomes at hot as the outside temperature is.

Cinead

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 02, 2023 3:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

After a while, the Bishop noticed some publications on the matter, that resolved the issue. After carefully examining the publication he smiled, and was pleased that this was resolved in a suitable manner for all parties involved.

Your Eminence, I would like to thank you for your time and hard work. I noticed your earlier publication and from that I can tell that my question has been answered. On behave of the Episcopal Assembly of the British Islands, I would like to thank you for this.

He smiles to the Cardinal and is appreciative of what he had done. Time to announce this back home.

Felipe...
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 02, 2023 5:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Some time after his meeting with Cinead, Felipe met the Bishop of Whithorn again in the corridors of the Palazzo della Cancelleria. He greeted him with fraternity and respect between brothers of faith.

- Good morning, Bishop. Please don't thank me; in any case it is I who must apologise for the mistake that was made and the harm done to our sister Catriona. Thank God the matter was resolved without further difficulty. I already informed her last week of her new appointment as Bishop In Partibus of Ephesus.

- By the way, I take this opportunity to remind you, although I know it is not necessary, that if you have any questions regarding the registration of the English-speaking sacraments, I am at your disposal. Do not forget to be strict and exhaustive when the priests or bishops give you the certificates, they must be perfectly filled in: name of the person receiving the sacrament, priest who officiates, place, date, witnesses, godparents, etc etc.

Cinead

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 05, 2023 9:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The young bishop listens to the Cardinal, as is required. It is nice that he send the letter to Catorina as well.

Thank you for writing to mother Catorina and for the reminder on how to do the job within the Archives.

Respectfully he walks away from the offices of the Pontifical Chancellery. The business that he came for is concluded. That solves that case, unfortunately the offer he extended has remained unanswered for a month now, so that is off the table. It's good to know that the part of the church is overcrowded with people working it.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Chancellerie Pontificale – Pontificia Cancellariae – Papal Chancellery Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: