L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Orders in England and Scotland
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
loyats

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 29, 2007 6:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

OOC: The only current monastatic order is the the Order of Saint Loyats, but being as priories and such are still awaiting full implementation (ie there is still only one in game, and it is in France) there is not much that can be done outside the scope of RP.

The Order of Saint Jerome is indeed a worthy pursuit, and you would just have to begin by contacting Father Wheeler, the Order is always seekign translators and creative writers.

I can declare with all certainty, that if a Cardinal tells me to do a thing, it will be done, or my life will end in the attempt.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Navarre

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 29, 2007 2:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

loyats a écrit:
OOC: The only current monastatic order is the the Order of Saint Loyats, but being as priories and such are still awaiting full implementation (ie there is still only one in game, and it is in France) there is not much that can be done outside the scope of RP.

So how does one join?
loyats

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 29, 2007 7:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

For the Order of Saint Loyats you could apply through it's forum from within the Church subforum on the main RK forum. There you will find the particulars of the forum as well as some of it's guiding principles and such to find out if that is an Order that is agreeable to you.

Joining and Order is much different that joining any other type of group, there is much more involved (in most cases) and so I believe it would be in your best interest to ensure you would find it as a home, rather than a burden. Not every Order is for every Aristotelian, but we strive to ensure there is an Order for every woman and man should they seek one.

I can declare with all certainty, that if a Cardinal tells me to do a thing, it will be done, or my life will end in the attempt.
trontor
Excommunié

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 30, 2007 1:25 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As Loyats has said (man it always feels weired) the Order of Saint Loyats is still mostly RP as the isles have no monastery.

You have to find an order you can have fun being apart of (like you enjoy it and what it does) Or their work. It's all a personal question of what interests you and after getting a more vivid look do you like it. Smile
loyats

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 30, 2007 9:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

...yes, it does feel weird, but at least I'm not a member.

There is also the option of seeking to found your own Order. None of these Orders just popped into existence. If you see a niche needing to be filled feel free to pursue the filling of it. I know I would be happy to help (ooc: having helped create two of them) if you would seek this option.

There is a long and involved process, but it can be kept fairly simple. It's all about what you wish to accomplish, and how you wish to accomplish it. And know that you would have support should you choose this route as well.

Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 01, 2007 3:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ooc:
trontor a écrit:
the Order of Saint Loyats is still mostly RP as the isles have no monastery.

You know Trontor if you can recurit 20 to 25 players we can possibly have one built IG in England or Scotland.
trontor
Excommunié

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 02, 2007 4:16 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Confused ya make it sound so easy Razz Laughing

I'm trying in Scotland, if anyone wants to do anything in england for the Order it'd be helpful.
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 16, 2007 4:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I have asked the censor to sticky religious GOAS.
Eraine

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 02, 2007 9:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

loyats a écrit:
There is also the option of seeking to found your own Order. None of these Orders just popped into existence. If you see a niche needing to be filled feel free to pursue the filling of it. I know I would be happy to help (ooc: having helped create two of them) if you would seek this option.

There is a long and involved process, but it can be kept fairly simple. It's all about what you wish to accomplish, and how you wish to accomplish it. And know that you would have support should you choose this route as well.

I am seeking to found an order in England, a cenobitic monastic order that celebrates Jah through religious festivals, document translation/duplication, charitable works, and (of course) beer production.

I would appreciate advice, assistance, suggestions, etc. from any and all Aristotelians. I've been plugging away at a Working Paper, and it's published through google documents here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddf455pn_0gw8nf5. I've also set it up for collaboration (joint editing/writing), but to give access to these features I require an email address. So, please send me a private message with your email if you're interested in collaborating. I'm Eraine here, on the RK forum for England, in the game.

Also, in the Appendix of the working paper, I've translated many of the French documents on monastic life. If an existing Order or another branch of the URACE would find it useful to distribute this translation, please feel free to do so--all I ask is that you provide the links to the source documents (the French) so that I won't be labeled a plagiarist. Crediting me for the translation is absolutely not necessary, unless you wish to say something like "errors of translation are Eraine's, corrections are welcome."

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Page 2 sur 2

Sauter vers: