L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

WOS: Heretics

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Darn6766

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 04, 2007 12:17 am    Sujet du message: WOS: Heretics Répondre en citant

Are the wolves still heretics
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 04, 2007 1:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yes
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Zabouvski

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 04, 2007 2:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Just by curiousity, who are the wolves? Question Question

Archevêque de Bourges & Seigneur d'Aize
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur MSN Messenger
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 04, 2007 2:41 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A group of criminals that promote the worship of a mysterious figure called 'Loki'.
loyats

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 04, 2007 7:52 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I thought a heretic was someone who used the Church's words for their own meaning? Although I do see a definition of the word that would describe them.

I can declare with all certainty, that if a Cardinal tells me to do a thing, it will be done, or my life will end in the attempt.
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 04, 2007 10:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ooc: About the IRL definition of heretic you're not wrong. The aristotelian church in the canon law defines it diferently. You're not the first to notice and it's one of the things that is being kept in mind for the english revision of the canon law.
Riktin

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 05, 2007 12:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Until a good, solid definition is reached (and probably even after that), I tend to say that the terms of Heretic and Heathen/Pagan can be used pretty interchangeably, but one must be mindful of whether or not they ever have been a professing, baptized Aristotelian (which, to me, is the main difference, anyway).
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 05, 2007 1:15 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Riktin a écrit:
Until a good, solid definition is reached (and probably even after that), I tend to say that the terms of Heretic and Heathen/Pagan can be used pretty interchangeably,

'Heretic' and 'pagan' are defined seperate in the canon law. 'Heathen' isn't mentioned at this time.

Riktin a écrit:
but one must be mindful of whether or not they ever have been a professing, baptized Aristotelian (which, to me, is the main difference, anyway).

It is a legal difference. The baptised who leaves the faith is called 'apostrate'.
Lorudce

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 05, 2007 4:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

If this refers to the recent proclamation, it was aimed at Aristoeans associating with them If a baptized churcjh member is in the wolves they have become apostate and my face discipline.

To All Aristotelian Faithfuls

Citation:
The Episcopal Assembly desires that you should be aware that membership in the organisation that is known as the "Wolves of Sherwood" is forbidden to all Aristotelians. This loathsome group has publicly declared that one of it's goals is the forming of a heretic religion. If an Aristotelian freely joins this criminal band and if he does not repent of this egregious fault, he shall be excommunicated.

Anathema is proclaimed from this day against all members of this organisation.

All members of this organisation have two weeks from this day to leave the Wolves of Sherwood and ask repentence to their parish priest.

Woe onto he that has entered on an evil path

However, if the whole group showed fruit of repentance and was baptized, they would be welcomed I am sure.

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 05, 2007 5:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

we'd better post that where some wolves can see it.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 05, 2007 10:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Darn6766 a écrit:
we'd better post that where some wolves can see it.

It has been.
Aishling O'Niall

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 9:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A question further on this if I may. The story I am told is that because of actions taken by the NNGO long ago in which they sided with WoS has them also anathema. Am I saying that right? If anyone of them wished to repent what would they have to do?
There is a discussion in Ireland about the church and while it may worry some at least there is a discussion. I will quote a small bit of it here for you. One person said they'd had a relative that wanted them to be baptized into the URAC. The were told no, as this person was on the list of those who were forbidden baptism as they were at one time NNGO. They were also told at a later date that they could be baptized but could never talk to another NNGO member again, could not sell things to them, interact with them, hire them, have them in my taverns etcetera. If it was proven that they talked to or interacted with them, well their soul would be lost and they would be kicked out of the church. So they wondered, how many who have been baptized have had that same spiel given to them. Do they get threatened with eternal damnation for talking to someone? For having a friend who is not allowed in the church? For not yourself having ever done anything wrong, but because someone you know or associate has? They thought it a rather stupid way to run an organization that is supposed to be about love, respect and showing people the right path.

My question here is what do I as an Archdeacon reply to this? You see we in Ireland live with the NNGO. They were part of our first council when we were establishing it so not associating with them is entirely impossible in Ireland. This is not to say that we condone all of their actions, it simply asks the question what do I reply to such things.
Lordwilb

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 10:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I agree with Sister Aishling. If they are not themselves advocating heresy, or condoning the actions of the heretic groups (WOD/NNGO), I feel they should be welcomed. As Sr. Aishling said, in Ireland, people have to live with the NNGO. Yes, they may be on council; yes, they may have positions of authority. We cannot blame someone wishing to be baptized for that. We are here to show people the light, not to keep them away from Jah's love and mercy merely because of a tenuous association with a heretic.

If they are no longer a member of Nox Noctis Gentis Obscurum, I see no obstacle to their baptism upon repentance.

[OOC] We should also bear in mind we cannot choose who we sell to or hire.

ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY + SENESCHAL OF THE HOLY AND CHIVALROUS ORDER OF HER SACRED ROSE
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: