L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Italian wedding in Scotland

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
ventular

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 24, 2011 11:25 pm    Sujet du message: Italian wedding in Scotland Répondre en citant

Greetings,
as I tend a church at the town with so little people that I thought that there will never be a need for me to perform any rites I was quite depressed about it for a while. But it seems that Jah heard my sighs and prayers and from faraway Itally a couple of visitors arrived and they expressed a wish to be married at our little church.
Even with language barrier (my Italian is no better than my French, which is absolute zero level) eager groom already reserved time and now is (as much I can understand) overjoyed and extatic. I asked if they were baptised but he said he is not sure and asked if I could baptise them before the wedding.
So, I am here at Rome, asking for help on so many levels that I am not sure where to start..

I have this at my church:
Citation:

Wedding of Jonrod and Odilla planned on 2011-03-27 20:00:00

And I have this at my mailbox:
Citation:
* Date : 24/03/2011 - 22:14:39
* Titre : Re: Re: Re: Re: sorry

I speak little and bad english.

Write a few, But I understand you.

"Do you have any wishes regarding the oaths or procedure?"

Mmm... yes! My lady is a spinozista. Odilla love nature.

you decide, you are a woman Smile

Help.

Embarassed

Ventular, Parish of Stirling

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 24, 2011 11:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dear sister,

Firstly let me welcome you into these halls! I'm glad that you've found a road that leads to rome.

Now lets get to the topic, shall we

I always find it helpful to take the book and read it in this case it would be the following book

Canon Law - 1.3 Wedding a écrit:
2) That the engaged are faithful Aristotelians and that their certificates of baptism are up to date with the registers of Rome before the ceremony.

So you did the first thing correctly, asked if they were baptised and if not then offering the rite. Now but the groom (as I got it) said that the fiance is a spinozista now that goes against the dogma. So you can not marry them, unless the fiance renounces her faith and converts into arisotelianism there is nothing much you can do.

I hope that you've got your answer and if you need more help please, don't be afraid to ask we are all here to help!

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 25, 2011 10:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you very much. Smile
I will talk with Jonrod and ask him if his bride is willing to accept not only his hand in marriage but also his faith.

I was visiting Rome before, but as I never had anything to ask and my French is really non-existant I always felt weak at heart about speaking up here. [thank you google for very helpfull translator tool]

I do hope that this marriage will go through. Would be a nice example for my silent parishiners that church really DO have some other use except walking around it. Very Happy

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 25, 2011 11:15 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am with you in prayers my sister.

Fear not the french that is around this labyrinth of rome we have english sub sections almost everywhere! That should not stop you from achieveing anything. And if you find that your life is a bit too quiet how about joining a congregation?

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 26, 2011 9:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I got confirmation from Jonrod that his future wife Odilla is ready to accept belief of Aristotle. Smile I am so looking forward to going through with this all Very Happy

So, further question, after Baptism and Wedding rites, to make them official, I have to note them here at apropriate threads, and that is it?

About joining congregation, what does that mean? I mean, what does congregation do?

((early morning, still did not finished my coffee))

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 26, 2011 12:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'm glad to hear the good news my sister.

Let us open the book again, shall we.

have you done this?

the couple must be composed of two faithful not subjected to prohibition and must make their request for engagement by publishing the banns at least 15 days before the date of the marriage.

This is how the banns must be published

The banns must be published by the two parts, in the church of the parish of residence of those engaged. This publication must be made with the parish of the two parts, or each one of them if they do not have the same residence. The publications of the banns state the given and family names, the professions, the residence of the future couple and the place where the marriage will proceed. The cleric who will celebrate the marriage must be warned and will bless the couple at the time of the advertisement by declaring that the period of engagement is official.

Don't forget this

The presence of two witnesses, minimum, selected among the faithful ones is obligatory.

So, lets sum up- You need to publish banns 15 days before the wedding, and make sure that there are atleast 2 faithful ones in the wedding to witness.

Ones all this is done they are married and then make sure that you fill the registers.

We have the following congregations:

Congregation of External affairs, that deals with diplomatic links, so if you feel that there is a diplomat in you I suggsest you join it.

Saint office, which deals with texts, translating, writing and so on hagiographys and so on. So If you have a good hand at writing I suggsest you to join.

If you are multilingual go to Villa San Loyats

I hope this helps, if you need help don't hesitate to ask we are all here to aid you my sister.

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 27, 2011 12:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

uhhhm lets see...

I live in a village with 77 people of which there is like 5 who are showing signs of religious life (showing up on Sunday sermon occassionally when Big Brotgher watches them) but none of them shows any interest in anything I speak about (advertising advantages of being baptised and such) during sermons (so I kinda gave up so just do readings from Book of Virtues every now and then).

Then a week ago those 2 came by boat and expressed desire to be married and bought a right for it via "Publication of banns" and then I published it at my church bilboard at the village town square and came here seekeng for advice.

so what is a prohibition and how can I find out if they are sublected to it or not?
is 7 days enough?
is "attending the sermon" good enough to be considered "Faithful"?
And, for the end, their token will open up the church tonight, and I kinda cannot tell them now to wait one more week and spend one more token for the wedding.. can I bless them now and do RP wedding during the course of the week and then make it official? (with nice pictures from the church and all ) Embarassed

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 27, 2011 12:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

ventular a écrit:
so what is a prohibition and how can I find out if they are sublected to it or not?

If they have done something wrong, I don't think that they are subjected to any kind of prohibition so let's not get distracted by that

ventular a écrit:
is 7 days enough?

Canonicly no

ventular a écrit:
is "attending the sermon" good enough to be considered "Faithful"?

Nope again

Canon law - 0.3 Classification status a écrit:
The faithful one is a believer which received the sacrament of baptism.

ventular a écrit:
And, for the end, their token will open up the church tonight, and I kinda cannot tell them now to wait one more week and spend one more token for the wedding.. can I bless them now and do RP wedding during the course of the week and then make it official? (with nice pictures from the church and all

Do the In Game actions earlyer and then do the Role Play later after the period of 15 days. Hold it in a more public place (Glen, URACSI main forum) and ask for your bishop or other clergy members to show up and you'll get your 2 witnesses

I hope it helps

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 27, 2011 6:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yes, this helps a lot. Smile Thank you very much for your patience and guiding. Embarassed

I should have learn about all this things before, but I really did not think I will ever have oportunity to really perform any rites. Keeping doors of the church open was all I was needed for over a year since I chose to walk this path.

I will try my best to do a proper job. Very Happy

Just checked, my bishop Bennet is in retreat. I will message Kitialeah, second member of Diocesan council. Confused

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 27, 2011 6:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ventular a écrit:
Keeping doors of the church open was all I was needed for over a year since I chose to walk this path.

As I said before, if you want some more activity try joining a congregation.

I am glad that I could help and you are not alone my sister, if you ever run into a problem you can always ask every bishop and clergy member is here to help, we all are brothers and sisters walking in the path of friendship.

Alanna_Kyles another bishop in Scotland could help out I suppose if you ask her and if you are going to hold it in a public place..

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 01, 2011 8:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am sorry for not replying sooner. No matter how much I like doing all this things, my daily schedule is too unpredictable and simply does not allow me to get involved more than what I can do during weekends.

Last sunday I baptised Jonrod and Odilla and now we will prepare the wedding for the two.

I will register their baptism at apropriate thread Very Happy
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: