L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Preaching
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Riktin

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 06, 2007 6:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you very much.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Zaltvyksle

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 21, 2007 12:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Preach on the market from early morning on till the end of the day. It's the place in town where most citizens pass by, at least once a day.

Have many skills in ontotheology (Aristoteles, logic, ...) at 100%, the more, the better:

Citation:
Each preacher have a certain degree of conviction, equals to the lowest of these 2 numbers:

* difference between belief degree and 80 (so 20 if you have an idea at 100%)
* A number given by the number of knowledge (!!Knowledge ! not ideas !) in the "ontotheology" domain (metaphysic)
- 0 knowledge => 2
- 1 knowledge => 4
- 2 knowledge => 6
- 3 knowledge => 10
- 4 knowledge => 16

Though, if you have an idea at 100% and only know 2 knowledge in this domain, then you'll have a Conviction power of 6

Exception :
If someone have 5 knowledge (or more) in this domain, then the conviciton power is automatically 32

Henceforth have 201+ in intelligence, so that you are able to read the adequate books for boosting your level of understanding to "You are sure that ..." (=100%; 201 Int. divided by 2) concerning the idea you'd like to preach:

Citation:
* difference between belief degree and 80 (so 20 if you have an idea at 100%)

The amount of PVD collected calculates from:
Citation:

Consequences for preacher:
The preacher gains PDT at the end of the day, for each person having listened to his preach. This number of PDT is equal to the belief added, multiplicated by a certain number (depending of the belief level of this person before the preach)

This number is equal to:
* 2 if the person had the idea between 0 and 19% (or didn't have it)
* 3 if the person had this idea between 20 and 29%
* 5 between 30 and 39%
* 4 between 40 and 49%
* 3 between 50 and 59%
* 1 between 60 and 69%
* 0 above 70%

Examples:
* I preach an idea to a guy who had this idea in mind but only at 38%. My conviction power is 6
-> After the preach, I gain 6x5=30 PDT
-> The person now have this idea with a belief of 44%

* I preach the same idea, with the same conviction power (6) to someone having this idea at 78%
->After the preach, the guy have this idea at 79% (ceiling), he only gained 1%
-> I gain 1x0 = 0PDT

Important, special case :
In case of preach to a lvl 0, the person doesn't gain ANY PDT.

Where can I find it? Just around the corner.

Take this advice to heart and follow the instructions, you soon will score amounts of PVD Yohann65 already does.

Cool
Arynna

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 02, 2007 5:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I can now preach on "metaphysics is the study of first principals"

It says that my preach must RP the idea I am preaching about. But I have absolutely no idea what that statement means... so I can't really type an RP sermon on it!!!
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 02, 2007 9:17 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

My Sermon on "metaphysics is the study of first principals".

Citation:
The Philosopher states that, "It is clear, then, that wisdom is knowledge having to do with certain principles and causes. But now, since it is this knowledge that we are seeking, we must consider the following point: of what kind of principles and of what kind of causes is wisdom the knowledge?" This is the 'first philosophy' what is called Metaphysics. What is metaphysics? "It is universal and is exclusively concerned with primary substance. ... And here we will have the science to study that which is just as that which is, both in its essence and in the properties which, just as a thing that is, it has." Here again are the words of Aristotle. What he says here is that primary knowledge that we are seeking is the 'primary substance' of which as has has been revealed by Christos finds its source in Jah.

Again the words of the Philosopher, "Metaphysics involves intuitive knowledge of unprovable starting-points which are both concepts and truth; and demonstrative knowledge of what follows from them." An interesting statement for it is a preview of the call to faith. Faith is a belief, a certain possessive understanding, beyond the provable. You may say it is irrational, ill suited to the seeker of knowledge, the man of science. Yet the Metaphysics is called by the theologians the 'Queen of Sciences'. For it is a deep study most methodical and measured. In this controlled study we come to greater understanding of the Divine. Here once more Aristotle's wise words, " There must then be a principle of such a kind that its substance is activity. We know that it is impossible that the primary existent, being eternal, should be destroyed. We also know that among entities there must be some cause which moves and combines things. We therefore have knowledge about its coming into being and its doings and about all its alterations we think that we have knowledge when we know the source of its movement." That the Most High, though unprovided in assumption, is the logical and most constructive Idea by which our existence is experience. That is to say it is an understanding that in no way contrary to the scientific principle.

Please feel free to use it for ideas. In fact if you can improve on it that would be nice. I never quite molded it to the form I wanted.
Arynna

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 02, 2007 1:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Perhaps we could start a collection of sermons on each of the existential questions that priests can refer to when sermonizing. Because, in my opinion, only about half of those ideas make sense. Not sure if it is because they lost something in the translation.

For my sermon today (I wanted to get it up right after reset to maximize PDT) I just used the dictionary definition of metaphysics and went from there. I'm going to work on rewriting my sermon so that it is less rambling bs off the top of my head and more sensical.

Also, my brother painted a picture of me preaching. I was disturbed to see that while I was preaching I never paused for breath between paragraphs, it all ran together. There is no formatting when other players read the sermon.

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 19, 2007 4:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Whooo- hooooo

14-03-2007 04:22 : Your preaching enables the people to learn the truth (+1128 PVD).

Master of Latin: 29%
    Mastery of ancient Greek: 100%
    Mastery of English Language: 10%

Aristotle's Moral Principles : 100 %
    The Good : 100 %
    Virtue : 50 %
    Temperance : 50 %
    Logic : 100 %
    The sense of being : 100 %

syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 19, 2007 11:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Laughing Laughing

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 23, 2007 11:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

i've noticed recently in my events an increase in the amount of negative faith pvd. I travelled to dorchester so that explains the big drop, but even while I have been out of chard I have seen increases in the faith of my flock.

23-03-2007 04:25 : The faithful of your parish doubt and distance themselves from the divine message. You should introduce a little more order (-183 PVD).

22-03-2007 04:22 : You maintain the faith of your sheep, errr, of your parishioners. Some grace has been returned to you (+493 PVD).

22-03-2007 04:22 : Your preaching enables the people to learn the truth (+832 PVD) (a preach on metaphysics)

21-03-2007 04:25 : The faithful of your parish doubt and distance themselves from the divine message. You should introduce a little more order (-27 PVD).

anyone experiencing similar? or am I getting influenced by preaching on other topics from other priests. Hopefully it is just a coincidence
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 23, 2007 11:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

That last one is fairly large. When I was a parish priest I never got more then -100. It could be someone preaching contrary. Though you should have been able to see them. So it could be just a coincidence.

How PVDs work is based from the overall belief level of your sheep, errr, of your parishioners. Wink However the exact details are not really known at this time.
Zaltvyksle

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 24, 2007 9:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Be careful! Preaching on metaphysics pushes faith of those believing in the corresponding idea ... and lowers faith of those believing the contradicting idea day by day until one of both complementaries will have disappeared.

This depends on your preaching skill (number of mastered knowledges (100%) in ontotheology domain).

Example: preaching skill may be "6" - you mastered Aristoteles and logic, then anybody listening to your preach will get 6% increase in the idea preached.
Having the complementary idea in transcendental menu, too, will lead to these two ideas "fight" one another and decrease both of them by 3% each day until one vanishes. A decrease of 3% lowers faith by 1 faith point. In this example the affected parishioner will end up in faith decrease of 2 points (twice 3%=6%).
trontor
Excommunié

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 08, 2007 8:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I can preach metaphysics now!

I was gonig to but got turned off by the RP part and cause i barely understand what it means irl Laughing

Cousin Dralon, if you don't mind i wish to use yours as a study with other stuff for mine, it'll still be awkward but hey i'm in oxford who cares Laughing
wheeler

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 12, 2007 4:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I have three concepts I could preach on now.

Citation:
You're sure that metaphysics is the study of first principles.

You're sure that the Holy Being is Almighty.

You're sure that sensible beauty is an image of Eternal Beauty that any Soul has already contemplated once.

I had read that Plato's Symposium could teach several different ideas, so I tried to read it a second time, but I received no additional changes to my transcendental menu. Might be a bit of wrong information floating around.

Now that I'm convinced of a few things, I should go and educate myself a bit so I can convince others. Smile
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 18, 2007 5:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Here is my 'God is Almighty' sermon:

Citation:
Dearly Beloved, life results from only one fact: God. This God, is the Father, who is supreme and Divine for He is the One who reigns over the world. God created the earth, the stars, the whole cosmos. We find in the chapter of 'Creation' of the Book of Virtues: "But God is higher than all, including the Void. He has neither beginning nor end. He is thus the Infinite One and the Eternal. He is Perfect Being, on which nothing can take hold, on which nothing can act, on which nothing can interfere. It is enough for Him to simply think a thought so that something passes from Nothing to Existence and another simple thought so that that it goes from Existence to Nothing. All is thus possible for Him and all thus owes Him its existence.

From God has come all that has been created. Matter, energy, movement and time are themselves composed by Him. All that exists, as well as nothing itself, belonged to Him from the beginning. He is also the Creator of all things. It is He that creates all that exists and gives it its form and its contents. He is finally Most High, because He is the cause of the existence of all things, including nothing." Therefore the Almighty God, is the Highest, He has created all that you see, those that are alive and those that are not. God is the Father of each and everyone, He is for all. He aids us with all problems, helps us to persevere and keep confidence. What God gives us, He gives with love. Take for example Christos, who died for us, the son of God, that which came to teach us true life. God gave the life of His son to show us the level of His love for us. Christos said several times: "That all men and women follow the way which I traced, and God will reward the right ones when He gives His judgement." Why do you wait? Follow God, follow the Word, the Truth. Follow the Way if you will believe all that God promises to you, a better life... Believe that His is the greatest way of all on earth. If you follow it and you believe in Him, He will reward you and at the time of Judgement, you will be saved and brought towards the place called Paradise, with the Almighty.

That God keeps you and protect you all your life
That Aristotle guides you and illuminate you at the time when you mind becomes obscured in uncertainty.

Recognize your true Father, admit that the Divine Being.... God, your Father loves you.

If you wonder how to follow Him listen well: Act in love, friendship, peace, and reconciliation. If ever you feel that you want to be more close to the Father work for Him and help His children, you can always become baptised the beginning of the road to heaven. If ever you are called to give more service and greatly dedicate your life to God, the priesthood is a blessed calling.

latan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 15, 2007 6:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
had read that Plato's Symposium could teach several different ideas

as far as i know it teaches : Sensible Beauty is an Image of Eternal Beauty
latan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 15, 2007 6:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

about PVD: I earned 16000 PVD in 2 months. So it should lead to 100 000 PVD in 1 year. Question is, how many PVD the admin will decide to fix the limit at for upper levels. 1 Million PVD??
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
Page 2 sur 5

Sauter vers: