L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Dogma: Saint Antioch

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Archives of the Church in England, Scotland and Ireland -> The Dogma of the Holy Church
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 22, 2013 5:22 pm    Sujet du message: Dogma: Saint Antioch Répondre en citant

Citation:
Saint Antiochus - Destiny of a Seleucid King

Antiochus I Soter, "The Saviour", Seleucid King

Citation:
"Young Antiochus, your fate will be inspired and determined by God. Because of you, thousands of men of different nations will be converted to the true word of God. And among all these peoples will eventually be born the one to finish what I started. "

These were the words of the prophet Aristotle to Antiochus when he was a barely a few weeks old, after Aristotle had summoned him and his father Seleucus to Chalsis; thus sealing the fate of an unusual life.

A Life Guided by theology

-322 Born at an undisclosed location in Greece, the son of Seleucus and Queen Apama, Antiochus I Soter * was half Persian. His father, a former soldier and friend of both Alexander and Aristotle had the revelation from the Prophet:-
Citation:
"Raise up your son with the faith in God, teach him the lessons that I have taught you, preparing him for the mission that God has entrusted to him. To help you, I give you my son, Nicomachus, who will tutor your son."

Thus from his earliest childhood, Antiochus benefited from learning of the message delivered by the Most High through the first prophet. It was therefore full of lessons on friendship and virtue. Nicomachus taught him the precepts he had himself received from his father.

At that time, shortly after the death of Alexander in -323, Greece is experiencing a period of unrest and conspiracies to monopolize the distribution of land had done in the Macedonian generals of the Emperor. Seleucus made the right choices and allied with Ptolemy, king of Egypt, who was victorious over his opponents, giving him the title of Master of Mesopotamia.

Antiochus and his tutor, Nicomachus followed the new master Seleucus in his military campaigns for the greatness of Babylon. The young man spent the whole period learning the military strategies and tactics of his father, keeping in mind the values ​installed in him in the writings of Aristotle.

The territories of Seleucus expanded more, including the domination of the high satrapies of Asia, until the beginning of India. The childhood of the young man was thus shared between councils of war and theological learning with Nicomachus. With an incredible natural talent, Antiochus soon became expert in military strategy and theology. Where most children spend their time with other children, he rubbed shoulders with the leaders of the adult world and was already aware of his destiny, reminded often by his father who was constantly telling him the prophecy of Aristotle.

In -307, at the age of fifteen years old, Antiochus watched the coronation of his father, who took the title of Basileus (King), which had the effect of starting the Seleucid empire. The young man then assisted his father as general counsel and theologian. Seleucus had always been receptive to the teachings of Aristotle with whom he had shared many adventures, and his son was even more encouraged by this aspect of the personality of the king. The young man and his tutor Nicomachus then settled with Seleucus to Seleucia, which he had founded in -311. The son of the Prophet gave him a book that contained all the writings of Aristotle, "From the One God and his commandments," and a sealed envelope Aristotle had given Seleucus to the attention of the young Antiochus. The latter then discovered its enigmatic content:

Aristotle wrote:
Citation:
Self-sacrifice is a condition of virtue.

Antiochus with his brilliant mind, interpreted this sentence as sacred and he was now convinced that he should disregard his person to the greatness of the Most High, even if he should die.

Over the years, Antiochus became a perfect aide to his father, always acting in a rational manner and giving prominence to his perception of the divine message. He encouraged Seleucus to not sow terror among the conquered lands, rather to raise them up to the advantage of Greece. Under his guidance, the peoples had schools and were learning medicine, and economics and theology. It was indeed an important purpose for the young man, to improve conditions for those who fell into the hands of his father.

The coronation of a king

A new period of unrest emerged in the Babylonian empire, indeed, Antigonus, then King of Macedonia, desired to extend its domination over Greece. It is under the guidance of Antiochus that Seleucus allied once again with Ptolemy to eventually emerge victorious from the conflict that ensued. The Kingdom of Antigonus was divided between the winners. Seleucus received Syria and the eastern part of Asia Minor. Possession of Syria gave him an opening to the Mediterranean. Believing that this victory was due to the informed advice of his son, he immediately founded the new city of Antioch on the Orontes, which became the seat of government. While Seleucia on the Tigris became the capital of the eastern satrapies.

Antiochus was now well prepared to fully serve his father and had reached the age of 28. Nicomachus remained in Seleucia alongside Antiochus in order to give even more instructive. With his experience, the young man managed to take an important place in the heart of his father and had the esteem of his generals, so that in 294 Seleucus set up his son Antiochus as viceroy in Antioch. His management of the kingdom of Syria and current affairs brought serenity and stability to the territories under his management. It was at this time that he began to know more of the Prophet Aristotle and the teachings he delivered to men. Thus, he chose five men and one woman among his faithful friends, he explained the divine prophecy appointed to him at a young age. His charisma and excellent public speaking skills soon convinced his followers who then rushed through the Seleucid lands to spread the word of the Viceroy. Throughout, his reputation grew, the lessons were relayed and became part of the daily lives of the peoples of satrapies of Seleucus.

The Babylonians who lived in the region of Seleucia had in them their own entrenched beliefs. Indeed, they worshiped Oane, the man who answered the question of God.

The Church Oaniste, witnessing the spread of Aristotle's words, was intrigued by his teaching and introduced them into its own dogma, making Aristotle one of their prophet.

Antiochus then noticed the convergence achieved by the Church Oaniste and was also interested in the mythology of Oaniste, which he felt was deeply memorable, interesting and integrated well with the teachings of Aristotle. Thus, with the consent of his father, he invited the high priests of the cult of Oane into his palace and he listened to the voice of Oane and Aristotle. All were amazed and excited by the proposition that made them so.

Antiochus: -
Citation:
"My friends, you are the heirs of a great religion You could be closed on yourself and refuse to see what is happening around you, like so many of these conservative religions. But no, you have heard the Holy Word of Aristotle, that Nicomachus and I have been broadcasting. Not only will you have heard, but you understand this teaching and have incorporated them into your dogma.

Aristotle was aware of the Most High, but he did not know your church, if you had met him, he would have regarded you as the only and true heirs of the True Word of the Most High. He could not do it, but I do.
That is why I propose to you, the high priests of the Church Oaniste, to incorporate your Church and your dogma and with the teachings of Aristotle, proclaim the official church of our Empire under the name of the Church Oaniste Aristotelian. "

Thus the official church of the Empire began to spread his teaching in large regions of the Empire, with immediate success in Babylonia, but much harder elsewhere.

Antiochus then began to stand apart and on his own, distinguished from the conquests of his father, but always giving subtle advice, but taking more time to address the issue of the Most High. His father knew that Antiochus and must take his place in the prohecy concocted by the Almighty and that he was still encouraged to expand his territories. In Antioch, the young man had become a curiosity, we listened to his long speech about friendship, about virtue, justice or morality. His aura also extended beyond the Seleucid empire, as far as the eastern satrapies and even west to Greece. The prophecy that Aristotle had stated was relayed and in the spirit of old faithful prophet grows the hope of a new prophet in the person of Antiochus. Thus Theophrastus, the first scolarque ** High School, came to Syria to meet him that in the eyes of the Greeks, was the successor of the Prophet.

Theophrastus: -
Citation:
"Young Antiochus, I salute thee, the man of prophecy. Athens has doubts about you, and there are many who will claim you are the new prophet. I know that this is nothing but you.. are you aware? "

Citation:
"Dear Theophrastus, scolarque and renowned theologian, we both know I'm not the prophet of the Most High. We both know I am not the instigator of His Faith in distant lands that have not yet been reached. By the consciousness of His greatness! Aristotle gave me the mission that God had assigned me from my childhood. I am responsible for preaching to the kingdom so that they know the nature of the Most High, and thus are prepared for the arrival of a new prophet. I would constantly expand the Faith to the one God beyond our territories. My life will be devoted to His message, I'd do anything to illuminate the world of God's love for mankind, even should I die for His glory. "

Theophrastus: -
Citation:
"I am glad to hear you are so wise, the precepts taught you by Nicomachus and the wisdom your father instilled in you are serious values ​​and your faith is great. Be sure of that, I will relay your fervent words to the Athenian scholars. May the the Almighty support you for a long time. "

The scolarque then returned to Athens to further spread a little more the aura of Antiochus, who already enjoyed a revered reputation beyond the shores of the Mediterranean.

The years passed and Antiochus spent his time managing the kingdom, spreading the message of God and providing strategic advice to the conquests of his father Seleucus. It is - 280, and he is now 42 years old, when his father was killed on the borders of Asia Minor. It takes more than a month before the news of his death spreads to Antioch, and the prodigal son was devastated by the sudden death. Antiochus was wounded in the depths of his soul, and devastated that he could not be with Seleucus when he had his last breath.

Normal Succession applied and Antiochus was crowned Basileus in turn and became king of Syria, claiming the territories gained by his father throughout his reign. His first speech, which he gave from the balcony of the palace of Antioch, before a huge crowd that had gathered to cheer the new King. His fervor and conviction that he had a more important mission to accomplish on behalf of the Most High made this speech exceptional and memorable in the minds of the people. He concluded with these words, as dictated by the Almighty:

Citation:
"I, King Antiochus I, order that the temples be built around our kingdom, on solid foundations that will never be destroyed, I will accomplish this to prove my faith towards the Almighty .. so that at the end of my life, I will come right here to my eternal rest and join my spirit with the Almighty in the solar sphere. "

The advent of a reign dedicated to the Most High

The first action of Antiochus to accomplish his promise was the laying of the first stone of the building which he dedicated to the Most High in Antioch, hoping to honor the creator and perpetuate the message he had sent to humans through his prophet Aristotle. In the same year he married Stratonice, the daughter of King Demetrius of Macedonia, for whom he had loved for a long time. She bore him five children: two sons and three daughters. He also decided to strengthen the new church of Oaniste Aristotelian by encouraging the recruitment of indigenous youth in all parts of his empire by priests, so that ut became a religion of the Empire rather than an external religion thrust on the people.

That's why he began to travel through his kingdom, through Persia, Media, Susiana, Parthia, the Drangiane the Arie, Bactria, Sogdiana, Hyrcania, Arachosia and up to the India. Everywhere he launched into a long speech worthy of the best speakers, and assisted by the Most High, his words could convince even the most reluctant of the one God, the friendship and virtue.
Thus, there were many who joined the ranks of the clergy of the Church Oaniste Aristotelian and allowed it to grow exponentially.

Antiochus enjoyed an aura so much through his people that they often repeated his greatest sentences. Thus, the idea of ​​a creator Almighty deeply moved the people. He built large cities in Asia Minor based on the Athenian model, and in each of the capitals of the territories in which he was king, he built a temple to the Most High with the strongest of foundations. He granted the former Generals of his father who had led the majority of past campaigns by appointing them as Governors of large provinces, leaving them to their management of the remote regions.

Antiochus had kept in touch with Theophrastus up until the death of the latter in - 288, sharing with him for six long years, long letters and treatsies on the uniqueness of the Almighty, discoursing on morality, on friendship or virtue. It was the same with the second scolarque- Strato of Lampsacus. So that when Antiochus was King of the Seleucids, he asked that the School sends his best disciples in theology. He set each disciple in the cities where the temples were constructed and they became the advisors to the governors (former Generals) to guide the policy of the provinces. So Antiochus managed to achieve both the loyalty of Governors around by rewarding the Generals of his father, and also to Spread the Basics of the Aristotelian religion, anchoring it around the idea of ​​one God, creator of all things.

But it is in his own territory that turmoil came. Antiochus had to face a revolt that broke out in Syria, fomented by those who did not care for his divine mission or what they laughingly called, the great King of "crazy ideas." So he chose to stop the expansion campaigns, and he was again forced to battle to save what his father had built. Antiochus knew that losing Syria amounted to losing that which cemented his kingdom. But despite a victory that allowed him to retain his throne, Antiochus opposed the offensive tendencies of his adjacent kingdoms. He sent his best warriors armed with his best strategies to prevent the worst generals of the adjacent kingdoms from taking over.

Not wanting to drag on in endless conflicts, he preferred to repeatedly sign peace treaties and ensure the survival of his own kingdom. The value of a life was too much for him, so he would rather lose some territories rather than insisting on misplaced pride. Anyway, he knew, and often said, as when he lost against Eumenes in Sardis.

Eumenes: -
Citation:
"I have a question Antiochus, why do you sign this treaty today, when while we may have superior numbers today, in 6 months or a year you will have enough to send us all six feet under? "

Antiochus: -.
Citation:
"Eumenes, now you're the winner, these lands belong to you, but I have no fear because what has been done can not be undone as in each of your new subjects is anchored the Faith in the one God, and whatever you do, whatever you say, it will never be silent. "

Antiochus was well, he had buried deep within his soul and his heart, the indescribable and powerful faith towards the Almighty. He was primarily interested in the transmission of His Almighty's message. The mission entrusted to him by Aristotle from his earliest childhood had raised the Faith in God in much of the world. He thus sowed the soil, so that the Kingdoms of Asia and the Middle East would be fertile for the arrival of the second prophet of the Most High.

A life ends

While the Seleucid empire became weakened due to multiple attacks and revolts of which he was a victim, Antiochus while philosophising on this fact still managed to find the positive. Whatever became of the provinces, these Kingdoms and the faith in one God had grown to point of becoming the indispensable and the natural faith everywhere. As he reached sixty-four years, the temples he had built to last forever neared completion and in each were apppointed the theologians of the High School using rituals left by the people of Oanylone. The Great King inaugurated the majestic temple of Antioch which was the last to be completed as its size and scale were immense. Antiochus, on the last step of the court that overlooked the square by more than ten meters high, gave another bombastic speech, always addressing the same issues that were dear to him. As he spoke, his eyes shone, and tears ran down his cheeks, for he had completed the work of a lifetime.

Citation:
"I, Antiochus the first ordered that the temple be built on foundations that will never be destroyed. I have done this to prove my faith towards the Almighty at the end of my.. life, I will come right here in my eternal rest and join my spirit with the Almighty in the solar sphere. "

It's just when he finished this sentence that Antiochus was hit by an arrow in the heart that struck him down on site. The King fell to his knees, holding the arrow in his right hand, with his other hand he pointed to the sky while directing his final words toward the crowd who were stunned to be present at his death:

Antiochus: - "
Citation:
Remember what I taught you, love him as he loves us, love you like he loves you ..."

His body stiffened suddenly in this position, the hand outstretched toward the sun, a pool of blood lay on the marble plaza drawing a perfect circle in the center of which sat the King. A bright light came down from heaven and made shine brightly the body of Antiochus. When it disappeared, the man slumped back, eyes shining with tears again. The people of Antioch remained in shock at this event, convinced that it was the intervention of the one God come looking for the one that had served so well.

His killer was never found.

The funeral of the great King was lavish and his son Antiochus Theos, who succeeded him, vowed to continue the work of his father. The arrow that had pierced the heart of Antiochus was kept as a sacred relic and the corpse was buried in the foundations of the temple of Antioch.

A huge statue was sculpted in bronze representing Antiochus at the time of his death. It was located on the forecourt of the temple and on its pedestal was noted:

Citation:
"Antiochus I Soter - Seleucid King and Son of the Most High"

Translated from the Greek by Bishop Bender.B.Rodriguez. and into English By Cardinal Teagan In July 1461

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Archives of the Church in England, Scotland and Ireland -> The Dogma of the Holy Church Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: