L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Catholicism vs Aristotelism
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Concile HRP - OOC Lounge
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Nicolino

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 31, 2015 11:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I think the admins of the game sent us an explicit message to change some things in the way we looked the Church, but the church players decided to ignore it...

It was the Will of Aristotle's ^^

In my opinion, that document urged us to change some of the points the catholic and the aristotelic were similar:

-priests can't marry
-there is too much bureaucracy
-only through ceremonies we allow the characters to have some kind of RP like priest when you can be theologian IG anyway
-RP authorities are over and not always related to the IG mechanisms
-etc

Citation:
RK is an uchrony, I agree, but not an ex nihilo one. I think many players, and I, wish to have their character live in a universe which is not exactly faithful to what was actually the XVth century, but a universe which would at least roughly reproduce its context and its more or less fantasized principles. Which an "imitation" catholic religion is part of. That is why I (and I hope not to be the only one Cool ) would be upset to have an Aristotelian Church frankly without any link with historical catholicism. Even worse if it is only to replace Christian roots of that Church with a purely Greek/Latin philosophy-centered religion.

However, I also like this point of view.

RK is supposed to be a realistic roleplay game, so we should consider that.

But it would be interesting the game admins tell us what they expect us to do, and finish to code the IG Church, at least, to add a real Pope like they did with the Kings.

A schism? Just try it. I will strip you of all you have...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Adso
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 01, 2015 10:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Suffragan/metropolitan bishops are IG features coded by the Celsius admins. Aristotle's and other Greek's influence is also IG coded, with the books in the IG libraries and the "ideas" in the transcendental menu.

To modify all those things that you mention, we need first a consensus among all players (good luck^^) AND to convince the admins, who probably have other projects than recoding the Church IG... I don't see how this could happen...

The only topic remaining in what was said that doesn't a priori involve Celsius is excommunication. So what would you suggest ? We suppress this possibility to excommunicate?
Baudouin de Puyslaurent

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 06, 2015 1:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

All the characters that I have played, if they ever had any relation to the Church of the game, did it for the power related to it . Period.

Unlike many players here, i'm not a big fan of the RR religion : i'm myself a Christian, thought Orthodox, and the imaginary Dogma is always on the verge of blasphemy. Yet again, i'm super hyper tolerant, and i use the preaches, the dogme and the whole religion that are here used by others because it is suppose to be a F*CK*NG GAME (a concept many tends to forget).My main concern about the RR religion, is, however, absolutely not the constant insult/inspiration to the real medieval catholicism. Nope, absoluty not. It is that the whole religion is a complete intelectual fraud that does not stand on his own feet and crumbles under its own mistakes.

To just take an example, it is almost impossible to impose RP the religion in any way without people answering back : you should be a loving person. And they're right, the whole religion is a kind of histerya of loving everybody without searching the true. It's a freaking hippie religion. Not a surprise, since it came from France (you know, communist, laicism, blabla, religion is bad and so ), but still, the RR religion was at first glance a good idea, since it avoids the main problems of the French laws (that today do not exist anymore,so technically the admins could switch back to medieval catholicism), but, in the long shot, it's heavely problematic.

The problems, in my opinion, and those are the reason that the RK are emptying themselves slowly, are the following :
- By creating a religion that is neither Not the Medieval Catholism nor a totally new religion the game repulses both the religious people and the mad atheists/totalitarian laicists. And that is a big problem since you know... religion is a big deal The RR religion tends to be always misleading and give the players a sense of insatisfaction. Yes sure, for most of French players, which constitute a big chunk of the game, since most modern French are really both ignorant and apathic about any sense of sacred, this could be not a problem. But this is not for the rest of mankind (The English and the Swedes could follow French, but i'm going too far). This is in my opinion true for almost any aspect of the game.
- The uchronia has gone, in my opinion, too far. It is supposed to be inspired by a period in the history. Yet again, it seems not.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Concile HRP - OOC Lounge Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Page 2 sur 2

Sauter vers: