L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[RP]Request for a clarification about a CoA

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Les Collèges Héraldiques pontificaux – The Pontifical Colleges of Heraldry -> Accueil des collèges héraldiques pontificaux – Welcome of Pontifical Colleges of Heraldry
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
leonardo_de_chenot

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 21, 2018 9:40 pm    Sujet du message: [RP]Request for a clarification about a CoA Répondre en citant

Buonasera, posso gentilmente parlare con un Araldo? Sebbene io non sia un Nobile pontificio, devo chiarire una questione sul mio blasone matrimoniale, dato che mia moglie Alienor.catherine è una Contessa Palatina.

---

Good evening, can I kindly talk to a Herald? Although I am not a papal noble, I must clarify a question about my marriage's CoA, since my wife Alienor.catherine is a Contessa Palatina.

hull
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 21, 2018 9:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A shadow emerged from one of the customary passages.

"Kindly you may not." said the voice, who now was walking around Leonardo, showing a tall man of broad shoulders. Naturally, dressed of black.

"Buonasera, my son. We offer Heraldic services; as such, we tend to be respectful and not necessarily kind. Nuances, nuances."

A short smile was on his lips.

"What is your request, my son."

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 22, 2018 8:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Leonardo, who was also an Episcopal Guard, greeted the Cardinal with a respectful bow and then said in kind tones.

Good evening Your Eminence. As you know, my wife Alienor.catherine became Contessa Palatina. Some days ago, she has requested for an update of her personal coat of arms, which being the one of marriage, so it has the same motto of my coat of arms. We have discovered that someone from the pontifical Heraldy has said that our motto is wrong. Kindly, could I know the reason?
hull
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 22, 2018 8:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A curt nod of the head followed.

"Ah, yes. So, let me be to the point, as we both have other matters on which to attend. I am to be your interlocutor as the Grand-Officer, and expert in Roman laws, is of short temper today... and busy.

He has qualified the motto, and the explanations give by your wife, that came from you, as... how to say... inaccurate?

His trained eyes are horrified that there is no grammar in the motto, which is sometimes excusable but... there are singular and plural forms that are mixed together.
Furthermore, more uxorio is a latin form that means "As it is custom for a wife". This, however, is a word that refers to the female partner. Thus, that means it's not a married couple, but a couple that acts as if it was married. To be clear, this is a particular form of partnership, prescribed by Roman laws. Monsignor the Grand-Officer is an expert in the field, per his studies.

You see, in this status of more uxorio, the female partner was called a concubine specifically. And, once again, in this specific point. Even if did not mean what we mean, nowadays, it is basically not a marriage nor wedding. Nor an union in front of the Church. So, in canon law terms, it is a concubinage and a sin. If your wife is to be a Pontifical Noble, she cannot be seen bearing arms with a motto reflecting a grievous sin. That would be an insult to His Holiness the Pope, and would render the vassalage impossible.

I am sure that you understand this fact, considering Roman laws and the joys of Latin.
"

He smiled.

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 22, 2018 10:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Leonardo, with a calm tone of voice, replied to His Eminence:

I am sure of my knowledge of Latin, but it is not my intention to put myself against the decisions of the Church and above all I do not want her to be treated like a "concubine". I respect the Church and my wife. And I protect them. So, can I know what other motto you propose?

hull
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 22, 2018 10:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Cardinal smiled.

"Monsignor had proposed In nuptiis fortiores coniuges. Which means that spouses are stronger in marriage."

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 23, 2018 8:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

All right. If my wife likes it, I will like it too.
hull
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 23, 2018 8:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hoche la tête et laisse l'homme partir.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Les Collèges Héraldiques pontificaux – The Pontifical Colleges of Heraldry -> Accueil des collèges héraldiques pontificaux – Welcome of Pontifical Colleges of Heraldry Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: