L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[EN]Hagiography of Blazingfast, OFM
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Holy Office and Causes of the Saints - Saint-Office et Causes des Saints
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 26, 2018 9:48 am    Sujet du message: [EN]Hagiography of Blazingfast, OFM Répondre en citant

Greetings to you,

I bring forward the request for the recognition of our Brother's relic. Normally, it is up to our Superior General [Rehael] to present this request.

But since he is quite occupied, I have brought this request myself.

Feel free to contact for further details.

Citation:
Request for relic validation

We, Brother William Blazing, OFM,
As Franciscan Grey Friar of Liverpool,

In light of the facts coming to our knowledge,
In accordance with the powers vested in us by the Holy Roman Curia,

We ask for the official recognition by the Congregation for Diffusion of Faith the following relic of Brother Fastoner Blazing, OFM [IG: Blazingfast]:

Quill of Koinonia

Hagiography of Fastoner Blazing, OFM

Peace and Goodwill,

Brother William Blazing, OFM
Franciscan Grey Friar of Liverpool
Roman-Aristotelian Bishop of Portsmouth

26 day of May 1466 at the Franciscan Liverpool Convent

Metropolitan Archbishop of Canterbury | Marquess of Exminster | Earl of Bassetlaw | Viscount of Osney
Prefect of the office of Relics

Dernière édition par Blazingwill le Lun Juil 06, 2020 5:26 pm; édité 2 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Cathelineau
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 26, 2018 10:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello dear brother. I will take notice of all this and I come back to you to tell you what I think.

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 26, 2018 10:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you Brother, I shall wait for your answer.

Metropolitan Archbishop of Canterbury | Marquess of Exminster | Earl of Bassetlaw | Viscount of Osney
Cathelineau
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 27, 2018 9:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

All right, you're not mistaken for a congregation?
For me it seems to me in order, I will let others speak on the subject.

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 28, 2018 10:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Cathelineau a écrit:
All right, you're not mistaken for a congregation?

Would you care to explain the meaning of this. I do not quite understand you.

Cathelineau a écrit:
For me it seems to me in order, I will let others speak on the subject.

Thank you.

Cathelineau
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 28, 2018 10:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I saw that you asked for recognition at the congregation for the Diffusion of faith, is that it?

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 28, 2018 12:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ah, yes I understand now. I have taken the form that can be found here.

Cathelineau
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 28, 2018 1:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ah very good, I understand better! I will let others give their opinion

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 16, 2018 11:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

After being informed by a secretary of the Congregation, the Chancellor appeared in the Antechamber of Saint Theodule:

- Dear brothers, such a pleasure to see you both! We shall reactivate this part of the Congregation, with the help of our next Prefect. I don't see why the request for the relic can't be accepted. However, it'll take some time until we have a final verdict since we have to assemble a team of heuristics for this office.

Once the High Council has a decision, you'll be the first to know.

His Excellency NReis Ribeiro de Sousa Coutinho | Archbishop of Braga | Vice-Primate of the Kingdom of Portugal | General Secretary of the Roman Registers | Writer of the Saint Office | Translator on Villa San Loyats

Diploma Curso Professoral
Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 07, 2019 5:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Is it possible to have an update of the situation, please?

Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 06, 2020 5:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I present to you the new hagiography of Blazingfast, OFM. I have brought the corrections requested by the Holy Office regarding Mother Eraine. Also, I have added the English texts that were mentioned before but only published in the Grey Friars' convent.

Citation:
    Hagiography of Blazingfast OFM
    Blessed of the Franciscan Brotherhood

I. Origin of Blazingfast

For the Blazing family, the twenty-first day of May 1438 was marvellous, a day always to be reminisced about. The town of Launceston, Cornwall, witnessed the birth of Fastoner Blazing which history will remember as Father Blazingfast OFM of the Oxford Franciscan Grey Friars. [1]

Due to great poverty, his peasant parents could no longer feed him, so they left him in a tunnel next to his parish church. He was only five years of age. He was nourished by the breadcrumbs which the parishioners gave to the beggars. At the age of eighteen 1456 A.D., he decided to leave his hole and set out for adventure. The first person he met was Mother Eraine the parish priestess and a woman who worked at the renewal of the British Church. He felt the warmth in her way of welcoming him, she had a peaceful nature. Compelled by her radiating peace he followed in her footsteps by choosing her as his mentor. On the twenty-fifth day of May 1456, he was baptised by her, but never entered the Order of Saint Dwywai she had founded, as then he did not feel the call to consecrate himself entirely to Jah and their charism did not attract him.

II. On his call

His first job was to renew benches in his parish church. One day he heard a voice that invited him to repair his church. He did not know the full meaning of this call. His first reaction was to work daily in his parish. However, with time he came to grasp that his mission was not to repair a church but to participate at the renewal of the Universal Church divided by many heresies. He perceived the calling of Jah.

Back home, he had heard many Church people speak of the Roman Curia. Marvelled by the Church's hierarchy, he decided to get into contact with them. It is here that he learned the French language and came across the Franciscan brotherhood. He was seduced by their spirituality that he made up his mind to consecrate himself entirely to Jah through this spiritual family. A call can be answered because there has been those who are certain of the authenticity of the call. Mother Eraine believed in him, his Franciscan community believed in him, so, he was able to believe in himself.

III. On his life in England

In his time, England was undergoing many wars, his people were no longer interested in the spiritual life but only what was temporal. He worked as a selfless blacksmith preparing weapons for the many wars. With time he realised that the war was not a mean to attain peace. He decided to consecrate himself to the transmission of the Aristotelian faith to his people.

The greatest obstacle he encountered was the fact that few Church documents were translated into English. He dedicated himself to the translation of the Dogma from French to English. He also worked on the translation of the Franciscan documents. He devoted himself tirelessly to this great work. Never neglecting his duties to serve his beloved kingdom of England as mayor or part of the great council for Cornwall. It is through these engagements that he saw the thirst of so many souls for something greater, infinite. He realised that they were seeking Jah but did not know it.

IV. On his Franciscan life

He became a member of the Franciscan Brotherhood in the year 1456 and the chapter gave him the charge of the assistant novice master, a responsibility he took at heart. Many remember him as a humble and joyful brother. His faith was nourished by his charity and his prayer life.

He was ordained priest by Latan, his Franciscan mentor, on the twentieth day of May 1457. Latan and Fastoner Blazing shared a common desire, that of spreading the Franciscan spirituality in England by the foundation of an English speaking convent. The project was prayed and accepted as the will of Jah on the twenty-seventh day of July 1457.

As the first superior abbot of the Oxford Grey Friars' convent, he dedicated himself to the construction of the latter. Everything was new. He consecrated hours on the translation of many Franciscan writings such as the Vita of St Francis.

V. On his death

Driven by his burning desire that all souls may be saved, he decided to deepen his call for the transmission of the Faith. Between his work in the Franciscan Convent, serving the poor and his many quill works, he travelled in his country as an apostolic nuncio and inquisitor. But this life was too hectic for him, so he took the resolution of teaching. On the second day of July 1458, he graduated as a professor from the St-Benedict Seminary in Berry, France.

The soul is willing but the flesh is weak. Sadly, he went to meet Jah in December 1458, a few days after receiving his diploma. Blazingfast died of weakness as he spent most of his time in retreat to gain more time for his writings and the translation of the Canon Law into English.

VI. His Relic: The Quill of Unending Koinonia

The quill is a gift given to Fastoner Blazing by brother Latan upon the foundation of the Oxford Grey Friars' convent, as a sign of their friendship and of the unity between the convent of Bruz and that of Oxford. Thus, Fastoner Blazing named it the Quill of Unending Koinonia. For Latan the quill was a simple souvenir of one of his many voyages.

The quill is a phoenix feather. It has the characteristic of gliding across the page without much effort. Fastoner Blazing discovered that the more he used it the lighter the quill became and it remained perpetually trimmed. It was only used for religious purposes such as the writing of his letters and the translation of the sacred documents of the Church.

Today the quill is exposed in the studium of the Oxford Grey Friars convent to remind us of the wholehearted free service Fastoner Blazing offered to the Church for the salvation of souls. Praying before this relic offers consolation and peace of heart in one’s solitude. Some speaks of receiving a burning desire to search for Truth and Beauty, and firm hope that a day will come when everything will be restored.

VII. His writings

To the Church of England, Scotland and Ireland he leaves behind English translations of the official documents such as the Canon Law and official announcements. He has also given help to the writing of the hagiography of Mother Eraine. Lastly, to his Franciscan family, he leaves the following texts:

*Speech on Charity
      *Treaty on Hope
      *Letter on the Essence of Religious life

VIII. Sayings on him

Drak a écrit:
    The name or our brother Fastoner Blazing will remain forever attached to two major poles of our Order: the novitiate and the Oxford convent.

Since his novitiate, he wanted to spread the Franciscan faith and vision in his country, England, which he did by founding the Oxford Grey Friars' convent and became the first superior abbot. He was the architect for the convent, he translated almost all of the Franciscan texts in English such as the Vita of St Francis of Genoa and many other documents.

He was also a key element in the Church of England, Scotland and Ireland by the English translation of the Canon Law, as inquisitor and apostolic nuncio to Cornwall.

Blazingwill a écrit:
    What a cousin! I hated his secretiveness. But he has been an inspiration for me in times of trouble. He always had a word of compassion that gave me hope.

IX. His sayings

Blazingfast a écrit:

• Share your bread and the others will share their friendships, knowledge and understanding and with that, we will have the chance to be faithful to the Church.

• The act of charity brings joy to the giver and the one who receives.

• I think we should take the time to educate vagabonds. How? By our preaching, our support and our good examples. As a result, they can better love our Church.

• There are not only one way of preaching. We can preach by words. This is done by the clergy. But clergy or not, there is another way of preaching that is by example, not only in words. It is one thing to preach, but it is another thing to live what we preach. So someone of faith, I believe, is the one that practices them both.

X. The healing of the dumb

Blazingwill a écrit:
    Brother Will had spent days seeking the intercession of Brother Fastoner Blazing for the healing of Dumb. Then as some sort of divine inspiration, he took the relic of Brother Fastoner, the Quill. He called upon Dumb who joined him in the small chapel.

--Dumb a écrit:
    Dumb arrived at the chapel wondering what the friar will do next. He saw the man, so he approached. He knelt and took a time of prayer with the friar.

Blazingwill a écrit:
    Welcome here Dumb. Please, let us pray to Jah. I have an idea but before let us pray.

He took the Quill of Unending Koinonia, a relic of Brother Fastoner Blazing, OFM. He placed it on the altar and before it he prayed for the poor boy.

Fastoner, you said that "The act of charity brings joy to the giver and the
    one who receives." Please, see this boy who suffers from his inability to speak. I pray that you may grant him this faculty. Like Christos who helped all the people in he met, like our founder Francis whom you loved well, be charitable on Dumb.

Brother Will took a moment of silence and prayed for the boy in his heart.

--Dumb a écrit:
    In his head Dumb began to think. He prays well. Me thinks that he has power to save me. Me feels the peace coming. I think that I need to have faith in friar. Fastoner I no know you. But I tell you heal me now fast.

Blazingwill a écrit:
    Brother Will saw that the boy was deep in prayer. He could see that his face was radiating with a certain calm.

His prayers were pursued with him taking the quill and rubbing it on the boy's tongue. He drew the Franciscan sign on it and then placed it back on the altar.

With hands in the air, his gaze in heaven, he implored some aid,
    "Fastoner, ask Jah please to heal this boy." As he said that the was a loud crashing sound outside. It was a sound of thunder. There was lightning also, which struck through the windows of the chapel and landed next to the boy.

--Dumb a écrit:
    The lightning that struck close to Dumb, scared him. He was so shocked that he began to scream uncomprehensively. Arrrgggghhhh..... Wagagaga.... Ititititit..... He was so scared that he fell to the ground out of shock, his face was pale without life.

Blazingwill a écrit:
    Seeing the lad fall, Brother Will was a bit shaken. He had spent many times in the slums and he had seen youngsters die. However, this one was particular. He was attached to the boy. He could not believe that it was the end.

He rushed to the sacristy, he took a parchment and called for a physician, hoping that one will come.

After which he returned to the chapel and kept on praying for the boy.

Diayania a écrit:
    Receiving a letter from Brother Will, Dia put away her books and made her way to the Franciscan Hermitage. Her studies were progressing, but slowly, as the university had stopped offering hardly any medical courses lately. She was finding herself up late every night, pouring over her medical books in the candlelight, hoping she didn't miss anything that a teacher could have helped with.

This was the first time she had been called to help a patient as a doctor, in fact. Dia found that she was a little nervous, her heart beating faster than usual and her hands a little clammy. She approached the little house and knocked briefly before entering.
    "Brother Will? Are you here?" she called out, stepping inside.

Blazingwill a écrit:
    Brother Will praying for the lad heard a familiar voice. He rose and went to the door. As he opened he saw his friend and physician who had arrived. He greeted her with his gentle smile.

Dia, thanks for joining me. I hope that the journey here was good. Please, enter.

Diayania a écrit:
    "Yes, fine, it's quite convenient to Southampton," Dia said. She followed Will further inside. "You said you had a patient for me to see? What exactly is the problem?"

Blazingwill a écrit:
    Yes, the boy came here seeking a help. He cannot speak. I have prayed for him and then he collapsed. Would you see if he will be okay? Brother Will points to the room where the boy is. You will also have to examine if he is still dumb.

Diayania a écrit:
    Dia frowned, following Will's pointed finger to the next room. She had never checked if anyone was really mute before. She wasn't even sure she could do it. "Hello," she called out to the boy, trying to keep her voice friendly and light. He seemed to be lying very still, so she approached the bed and looked over the boy to see if he was awake or fully unconscious. "What happened before he collapsed?" she asked Brother Will, opening her medical bag and pulling out a few tools.

Blazingwill a écrit:
    Brother Will looked at the physician at work. He observed her as she approached the lad. He cleared his throat and began to explain the lad's situation. Well, he came here I feel looking for a miracle. I only thought that he was tired and needed some rest. I offered him a place to rest and some gardening work. With time, I figured through his gestures that he could not speak.

He took a pause and smiled gently at the lad. Then he looked back at Dia, I began praying for him, so that he may have some peace of heart since I am no miracle maker. I prayed that my late cousin Fastoner would seek his healing before Jah. Something happened during prayer. He began screaming and having convulsions, after which he fell in this state.

Do you think you could do something for him? I desire that he may live.

Brother Will had a moment of grief. He could not stand that such a boy would die. He is so young and so tender...

Diayania a écrit:
    Dia listened to the tale with a frown. Screaming and convulsions? He must have been in pain, but why? And if he could scream, why couldn't he talk? She looked back to the boy, laying a gentle hand on his wrist. His eyes were closed, and his face deathly white. The pulse was there, but extremely weak. He was on the border of life and death. "He is very close to death. Whatever happened to him, it was very strong and painful."

Dia took a smoothed stick from her bag and pried open the lad's mouth, looking inside. "Will you draw the candle nearer?" she asked Brother Will. She pressed down on the boy's tongue with the stick, and looked back down his throat. "His voice-chords are intact. That is how he can scream." She now looked at the tongue itself, lifting it gently with her instrument. "Oh!" she cried, seeing the underside of his tongue for the first time. It was as if the tongue was affixed to the bottom of his mouth. She could not even get the stick farther underneath than an inch. "I think I found why he cannot speak. It seems like it would be fixable, too. I wonder he did not see a doctor for it earlier."

Dia put the stick aside and opened one of the boy's eyes. She took the candle from Brother Will and held it over his eye. The pupil shrunk with the new light. "He does not seem to have gone blind, at least. His brain is working." She checked the other eye, with the same result. Frowning, Dia continued her exam, checking for fever, heartbeat, and lumps. Finally she stepped away to speak to Brother Will, putting her tools back in her bag.

"I cannot find any injury or problem, other than the tongue making him dumb. He has a slight fever, and his heart beats irregularly and slightly quickly. I will make a potion for you to help with both of these problems, and you should give it to him twice a day. But I think, the real problem may be in his mind and soul. I think perhaps he gave up on life for some reason, maybe because of his tongue. I recommend you sit with him each day, and talk to him. Tell him about wonderful things in life, like the flowers and animals and nice people. And above all, tell him that I can fix his tongue when he wakes, if he wants. If he is still in there and hears you, these things might draw him back to us. Otherwise..." she shrugged. "Otherwise all we can do is pray."

Blazingwill a écrit:
    The instructions given to Brother Will by the physician was followed to the letter. He wanted that the boy could be saved. The news that the lad was not dumb after all was a good thing. However, Brother Will wondered why the lad was in this state.

The soul and mind... I know many who had given up on life. It is a way for them to forget the pangs of life. He stopped talking to himself and turned to Dia. Dia, I will do anything to have his life back. If the potion could be ready I shall give it to him. I shall pray and hope he gets better. By the way, what is the matter with his tongue?

Diayania a écrit:
    Dia nodded solemnly. "I will prepare them as soon as I get home, and have them sent back here straight away." She mentally reviewed her herb stocks, trying to think if she had all the necessary ingredients at hand. If not perhaps Baudet would have some, he seemed to be a most resourceful scrounger. "His tongue seems to be fused to the bottom of his mouth. Likely it happened before birth. Sometimes in the womb babes grow too much skin in one area. You have perhaps before seen someone with 'webbed fingers' before? It is similar to that effect. I can cut away the extra skin, separating the tongue from the jaw. It will be painful, but it should heal easily since it is simply extra flesh."

Diayania a écrit:
    Dia went home to brew the potions and brought them back the next day. As she was showing Brother Will how to administer them to the dumb boy, she reexamined his tongue to show the attachment to the monk. "Oh! Hmm..." she said, looking closer as she lifted the tongue. "This is not as simple as I first thought I'm afraid. To cut it would cut this big vein here. It would be too dangerous." Dia shook her head sadly. "I am sorry to have given you false hope yesterday, Brother Will. It seems you will simply
    have to pray for his mouth to be fixed as well.
    " She handed him the potions that would hopefully remedy the boy's heart and fever, and bade the monk goodbye.

Blazingwill a écrit:
    Weeks had passed on now that Brother Will was administering the potion to the lad. He happened to be gaining his strength back. The fever had left him and the lad was now spending time in the Chapel and the gardens.

--Dumb a écrit:
    Days went on and Dumb was feeling lost. He was happy to be back again to life. He could not remember much of the past months. But his desire to speak was stronger than ever. Going up to the Friar he made signs to show him that he wanted to find his voice.

Blazingwill a écrit:
    I think that it is now time to pass on to the healing process., Brother Will thought to himself. I will now pray for him. Come my boy and bench by my side. The boy did as he was told. Brother Will took a moment of silence then he began praying for the lad.

Fastoner, you who during your journey here had the burning desire to serve the poor. I thank Jah for your generosity and for the love you show to us all. Today I pray you. Interceded for us before Jah and ask him to grant this boy his voice.

He took the lad's tongue out and with the Quill he wrote three time on it, Laudate. After which he said, Praise be to Thee Jah. Praise be to Thee for the voice that call's on you and praise you. May his voice be use to praise Thee foreever. Amen.

--Dumb a écrit:
    Friar did things on me. I don't know what it is. But I feel a warmth in me heart. What is it? I don't know.

Feeling confidence in himself he tried to say something. It is at this point that he began singing.

Praise be to Jah,
    The Almighty Creator of all.
    It is with joy that me sing this hymn to you.

Dumb was overjoyed for what he was hearing. He had gained his voice and it was a beautiful one. Turning to the Friar he began to cry with joy. Then he went before the altar. He knelt and prayed by singing hymns.

This letter belongs to the Franciscan Convent of Bruz. In memory of one of them.

[1] After the death of Father Fastoner Blazing, OFM the convent was moved to Liverpool.

Dernière édition par Blazingwill le Sam Juil 11, 2020 6:13 pm; édité 1 fois
Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 06, 2020 5:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

On The Essence of Religious Life a écrit:

On The Essence of Religious Life

Dear Franciscan Brothers and Sisters,
Dear novices,

“Light, Light, you are the light within the light. Your faith makes you luminous and saves you!”
Chapter 9: Life of Christos

With all that is happening today, I have decided to write this letter. I write to you as your superior, to whom Jah has given the duty to guide his brothers and sisters in faith, also I write as your brother, consecrated to Jah like you. I am overjoyed to see so many of you who have chosen this path.

To begin with, it is no secret that the nameless creature is at work in our society. This is seen through the invasion of England, Scotland and Ireland by the many heretical groups. To name some we have the Wolves of Sherwood (WoS), and the Ordo Negrum Concilium (O.N.E). Due to this invasion, many Orders, be it that of the Church (such as the Order of Her Sacred Rose) or temporal society (such as Knight of Phoenix) have tried to respond to their attacks. I have taken up arms to defend our country. However, with time I have realised that before me laid another path that—that of our founder St Francis of Genoa. We have chosen to dedicate our lives to Jah in religious life. Thus, our sword is the message of Aristotle and Christos. Our shield is the grace given by Jah.

This act of dedication to Jah requires that we are in union with Him. As puny humans, we are bound to be faced with many hindrances when we try to unite ourselves to Jah. The first hindrance is our attachment to earthly things. We all have different cultural backgrounds. Some of us were born rich, some poor. Look at brother Francis. He had all the richness of his merchant father. Yet he rejected all these earthly riches. It is here that we obtain our vow of poverty. Poverty both in spirit and material life.

It is in our nature to be more mindful of ourselves. As a result, it separates the creature with the Creator. We think that we can satisfy all our needs by ourselves. We have our part to play but, Jah alone can fulfil all our needs. To heal this broken bond, we turn to the vow of chastity. That is complete chastity of the body, heart and spirit.

The last hindrance is our attachment to our will. This causes the will of men and that of Jah to be in discord. Pride leads us to feed our desires with false hopes thinking that we can take the place of Jah. It is because of this that we take our vow of obedience to follow the will of our Superior which represents that of Jah.

In conclusion, religious life is not a transition, but a state. These vows are indispensable in our life. We should never lose hope. When others think that the nameless creature has taken over, we will become a beacon for others. Doing so we will be able to exhort with Christos, “Light, Light, you are the light within the light. Your faith makes you luminous and saves you!”.

PAX & BONUM,
Abbot Blazingfast OFM
Superior Abbot of the Oxford Grey Friars

The treaty on hope entitled, Never lose hope a écrit:
Cornwall, deserted as the war with the NNGO's grew intense. Abbot Blazingfast OFM, had had enough with the war which only led to the death of many. However, he did not forget that at the moment, many brave men and women were risking their lives for a free England. The words of Aristotle came to mind, making him smile.

Citation:
"Seek a single God, search for Truth and Beauty, and then a day will come when everything will be restored." Book of Virtues II, Chapter II: The Revelation

It has been noted that a man is never, "satisfied with what he has and what he knows." Always seeking greatness. One example is our current social system. To succeed in this day and age, one is bound to move up the social ladder from: vagabond, peasant, artisan to an erudite. Is it wrong to do so? Of course not. Men should always look up towards wisdom and strength. Be careful though! The authority that I have through my responsibilities comes not from my strength, but from the wisdom that I have gained through life's experience. Hence, I understand my strength and do not abuse my power. In fact, Strength without Justice is Violence. Justice without Strength is worthless.

The revenge of Anto_Capone on England through his army the NNGO has become known to all. This makes me wonder if the nameless creature has taken over our world? To some extent, this seems to be the truth. Or is it? Jah has not forgotten us. Since the beginning, he has loved us and continues today. In every generation, He endows great human beings with talents and they arise to prove this. Let us look at some of these people. Oane can be learned of in the pre-history of Creation. "Gradually, he gained consciousness of the true love that God carried to His creation." He was the purest among all of Jah's creation. Aristotle was a prophet of Jah. He was blessed with divine revelations. Christos made known the message of Aristotle through his example of firm faith. St Francis of Genoa, the founder of my Order, preached in the kingdoms fighting against heretics. Lately, we have had Eraine. Her motherly affection for us brought many back to Jah.

If the above is true, then some may wonder, where is the next great man or woman to rise? I tell you, it is you and I. Yes, at this very moment, England needs us more than ever. Peace is neither a utopia nor an unattainable ideal. War is not an inevitable calamity. Peace is possible and because it is possible, it is our duty and our supreme responsibility.

Brothers and sisters, Arm yourselves. Not with swords and axes, but by the Divine Words that have been revealed to the prophet Aristotle and Christos the Messiah. Keeping them aflame in our hearts; we fear nothing. If your hearts are touched by these words, if you seek a deeper meaning to your life, you can join the Grey Friars. We welcome all state of life. From vagabonds, peasants, artisans to erudite. Send me a letter and I will get back to you. Remember always, "Seek a single God, search for Truth and Beauty, and then a day will come when everything will be restored."

After exhortation, the abbot headed back to the construction site.

Disputatio on Charity (The original and validated text is found here: http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?t=20728)

Citation:

Speech on Charity

What should be the place of charity in the life of an Aristotelian? And how can it be implemented as effectively and efficiently as possible?

What is Charity?

Charity is the translation, in our everyday life, of our commitment to others, our love of others. It is defined as the act of giving to others what it needs and aims at equity among all in the community. This is what Chapter Two of the book "On the Education of Francis of Genoa and the Discovery of Aristotle" tells us.

Citation:
Away from God was moving away from virtue. Away from virtue were away from the foundations of human society and its laws.

Thus he recognised the greatness of the soul of some and asking for alms he called unto the Aristotelian community as a whole, to the universal charity of the Church and the faithful. His survival depended only on the community, and he placed all his confidence, his own life in the hands of men, in the hands of God.

Why is charity important?

Charity is important because God has given us life. Through the Book of Virtues, we learn that we are precious to His eyes and that He loves us.

The Book of Virtues, Book 1. Aristotelian myth, The creation - Part VII - Love:

Citation:
7 “Therefore You gave talents to all Your creatures, each more beautiful than the last. Each one of them has its place in Your creation. Their talents make it possible for each one of them to find that place. So, there is no creature preferred of You, Oh Most High. You similarly love us all in the same way and we all must ourselves love You in return. Because, without You, we would not exist. You created us while nothing obliged You to do so and we must love You to thank You for this gesture.”

Jah was the first to do an act of charity towards us. We rejected his love but he did not reject us. He sent Aristotle and Christos to bring us back to Him, and that is why we must do charity among ourselves, human beings. By doing this, we thank Him for all the wonders He created for us. Jah has also given life to animals, but they do not practice charity. He has given all creatures different talents to serve them in different ways.

How to practice charity?

The notion of charity passes through the virtue of the gift of self as Saint Miguaël tells us.

The Book of Virtues, Book 1. Aristotelian myth, Archangels - Hagiography of St. Miguaël the Archangel:

Citation:
"God Almighty,
Father of mankind
And divine Omnipotence,
Close my ears
to the temptations
And open my eyes
to endless love you give me,
that I can then give to those who must receive
Love those who should be,
Always knowing,
If I was not there,
Someone else would be there to do
For it is You who speaks through my mouth
And work with my hands.

Forgive my brother and all the others
For they do not know what they do."

The gift of self is the foundation of the charitable act, given to those who need it, without waiting for anything in return. It is because of friendship and love that we bear to our peers that we behave thus, that we give to others.

Charity is practised at all levels as, for example, hiring a vagrant for 18 pounds when this wage could pay a far more qualified worker. It can still be manifested by giving to beggars after mass but also by offering low-priced products on the market. Also, our charity can be manifested in the attitude we have towards lost souls that we can enlighten and help.

Some inherent problems to the concept of charity

The question of charity, if not practised righteously, may be a problem. If the primary motivations are wrong, that they are not purely virtuous, the charity has more to do with an act of pride and self-interest.

Ch IV: Francis meets the Pope:

Citation:
Francis then explained that the enemy of the Church was not outside but within. Everything that is preventing us from becoming a friend of our neighbour is our real enemy. The friendship taught by Aristotle and shown to us by Christos by the light of God has to live in our hearts.

That is why we must keep in mind the virtue of the gift of self, friendship and love. Only these principles will guarantee a charitable act, any other consideration leads to sin disguised as a charity.

If one wants to give money to charity, this poses a material problem because it requires financial means. Therefore, as in all things, we must follow the precepts of Aristotle and be moderate, even in charity. This only serves to support the action we produce, the measured charity becomes less risky and often prevents someone from losing himself in doubtful and sinful considerations.

Charity, a matter of happiness?

The act of charity should make the joy of the giver and the receiver. But, the act of charity has more to do with justice than with the notion of happiness. The one who gives seeks to do justice and render the life of the receiver more equitable. it is here that we see the notion of happiness, both should be joyful because it helps to make life more just. For example, if, after days of illness, a person is hungry. If the latter has little money, he/she will have to buy low-priced food to regain strength. Low-priced food will procure a greater joy than expensive food. Whoever has given, by selling at a lower price and cutting back on the profits, will be happy because he/she has helped a patient to regain his/her health. Both will have contributed to making life more just in the community, one by practising self-giving, the other by accepting and thanking the one who helped.

What should be the place of charity in the life of an Aristotelian?

There are no particular scales of values, we must all strive to cultivate, with constancy and conscience, a right balance just as St Francis taught us.

Ch III: The teaching of St. Francis:

Citation:
Francis, therefore, spent much of his time studying and teaching. It seemed important to always balance the two. He liked to recall that Aristotle warned against extreme tendencies and that for him the virtue lies in a balance. Who could be arrogant to pretend to know everything? Who would be stupid enough to pretend to know nothing? Thus Francis liked to learn as much to teach. Combining the legitimate self-worth of the master and the necessary humility of the student, he had found the right balance.

Christos has shown us the virtuous way to reach Solar Paradise, so the act of charity contributes to our salvation. In addition to this, it also contributes to the improvement of life in the city, and by this means it improves the daily life of all, making life juster.

How can it be implemented as effectively and efficiently as possible?

We must keep in mind the finality our conception of life. It is up to us to choose whether we want to practice charity or not, but we must understand that what we do for others, the latter we will render it. Only man can live without solidarity. In the community, and by friendship, man can count on his neighbour to help him in the case of need. Through our behaviour, we can choose to practice self-giving and charity.

Let us re-read St Francis who evokes how man realises himself in the city by living with others:

Ch III: The teaching of St Francis:

Citation:
But he did not dedicate all his time to knowledge and scholarship in the academy. This seemed contrary to the Aristotelian message. Here is what emerges from another dialogue with a student:

Student: Master, could you help me with an ethical problem?

Francis: Sorry, but it is time for me to go into town to do the secular part of my job.

Student: But, master, your time is too precious to be squandered in the worldly affairs!

Francis: I think I'll give you some advice. You need it. What does Aristotle tell us in relation to man and the city?

Student: He teaches us that man does good only by being fully integrated into the city, by participating in the life of the city, and by doing all that is possible to maintain harmony.

Francis: You see, you know! So why not put it into practice?

Student: But what we do here is useful to the city.

Francis: Certainly, I see that you are not stupid. But whom would hear our message if we are never to come out of these walls? The people need us, the city needs us. It is the duty of everyone to participate in the city according to his abilities. And our education gives us a great responsibility. So we have to regularly go out and remain in touch with the city.

Student: You, therefore, condemn the hermit?

Francis: This is not for me to condemn. But I totally reject those who believe in waiting for God in isolation. Christos, did he choose to isolate himself? Of course not! What Aristotle preached, he did. What reason orders, wisdom applies.

Student: Then what is the use of monasteries?

Francis: You pass from one extreme to another! It is a matter of finding the middle path between isolation and immersion in the affairs of the world. And this middle course may be different for everyone, even if one should not cross some limits. Silent contemplation of the Rule is useful for reflection and therefore is useful to apply the Virtue in the affairs of the world. And knowledge of the affairs of the world is a basis for thinking, that keeps us from sinking into the abyss of abstraction.

We see that to be charitable, we must live with others and participate in the life of the community.

Written by Abbot Blazingfast, OFM with the help of Monsignor Bender.B.Rodriguez

Gianvitus

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 11, 2020 5:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It is the final text according to you?

Just, as we have already said to you, this should be the text for a beatification, not for a canonization, since this person has lived after the Age of the Renowal of Faith.
Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 11, 2020 6:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Eminence, this is the final text, unless there are other things to rectify. Kindly let me know, thanks.

Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 12, 2021 2:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Is there any news on this text that was given for the beatification process of Father Blazingfast, OFM please?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Holy Office and Causes of the Saints - Saint-Office et Causes des Saints Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers: