L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[Dogma]Hagiography of Saint Origène

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Archive of the Vatican Library
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 26, 2018 4:45 pm    Sujet du message: [Dogma]Hagiography of Saint Origène Répondre en citant

Citation:
Hagiography of St. Origène
Chapter I - "The Early Years of Origène"

1 Origen was born in Alexandria, 185 years after the birth of Christos.

2 As his father, Léonide, was Aristotelian, the child had the rare, good fortune to grow up in an atmosphere immersed in the teachings of the Aristotelian Church.

3 He received his first lessons from his father and learned, like him, to meditate on the sacred texts. He was immediately fascinated by what he read and his ardor and zeal quickly revealed a great intelligence. When the Alexandrian priest met him at the request of Léonide, he was so impressed by the knowledge and mastery of the sacred texts that the child had already developed, he baptized him at the age of twelve.

4 A few years later, the Emperor Severus decided to prosecute Aristotelianism and its followers. Origène then saw his father arrested, tortured and executed. This tragic event profoundly affected his life.

5 He met Porcinia a rich woman of the city who proposed to keep him financially in exchange for his favors. Origène, who had other ideas in mind, rejected her. This one, who wanted revenge, fell into a pigs trough and died shortly after of violent stomach pains.

6 Instead of earthly possessions, the young man preferred a pure faith and above all respect for the Aristotelian Friendship which desires that every man should be concerned about the fate of others with empathy, charity, mutual help and love of their neighbour.

7 Some accused him of a lack of reciprocity in his relations with others because he gave a lot and received little in exchange. To those, he said:

8 "I certainly receive no riches in my relationships with others, but what I do not gain in obols, I will gain in love in my next life. All those who are destitute and whom I help give back to me a hundredfold by the friendship they return. My ultimate reward, I do not look for it down here, but in the Solar Paradise.”

9 And indeed, his greatest virtue was his generosity. To help the poorest, he funded the free distribution of bread and clothes, opened his door to those who had no roof to sleep under, and one day Origène even made perhaps the most difficult of sacrifices for a friend: at that time he had a large library of manuscripts, many of which were beautifully written, and in order to help his friend who had lost everything in a house fire, he sold them and received in exchange for these treasures a large sum which he gave to his friend.

10 His life, as a result of his generosity, was very simple. He dressed without luxury, ate only what he needed to live and slept on a simple pallet bed with only one blanket.

11 Some thought then that Origène rejected pleasure, namely man’s choice to work to create the conditions for his own happiness.

12 To these, he said:

13 "My taste for life exists more than ever, in any case I am not inactive and spiritually depressed, on the contrary, I am the happiest of men. By living simply and giving to others what I don’t need in my life, I can enjoy my time studying the sacred texts, there is nothing to distract me from what is the essence of my life and from my pleasure in knowing I am deepening my faith. Henceforth, to separate me from the material goods not key to my survival is nothing compared to what I can bring to my next life through my generosity. As it is written in Apathy by Spyosu, "Thus did the humans involuntarily discover the first sin. It later bore the name of Apathy. This sin consisted of being diverted from divine love, to give oneself over to the material life by neglecting the spiritual life, to be concerned with the present without thought for what Jah had designed us for." I refuse Apathy, for me, the key lies in the spiritual life, and by removing myself from the temptation of material goods, I am closer to Jah and his will."

Cardinal-Deacon of the British Isles -Bishop In Partibus of Lamia - Prefect to the Villa of St.Loyat - Expert to the pontificial collages of Heraldry - Assessor to the Developing Churches
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 26, 2018 4:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of St. Origène
Chapter II - "Origène the Professor of Theology"

1 Then the Bishop of Alexandria, Démétrius, met Origène. Dazzled by the young man’s knowledge, he placed him at the head of the Catechetical School of Alexandria.

2 And it was a wonderful sight to see this young man, barely an adult, teaching the Aristotelian doctrine to the catechumens and neophytes.

3 The reputation of Origène quicky reached beyond the limit of the Aristotelian circles. Soon one saw flocking to his lessons the pagans and people who had turned away from the faith for a long time and even the heretics sometimes attended his lessons, trying not to be seen.

Thus the school experienced an unprecedented period of fame: so great was the multitude of students that he had to split the classes: Origène personally retaining the instruction of the more advanced.

4 The number of conversions was then numerous.

5 To students who sometimes indulged in laziness when reading the sacred texts, he said:

6 "Suppose someone wants to acquire a skill or art, such as carpentry or medicine, to possess it fully, it will never happen for him to fall asleep ignorant and wake up a scholar. It is instead acquired over a long time, by the education received and by exercises, then with the daily practice of his art he becomes reasonably instructed and retains the knowledge of his discipline; but if he does not exercise and if he fails to apply his knowledge, he will remember little more than a few things, and then even less, and so on ... After a long time, all is lost to oblivion and completely disappears from his memory.

Consider now those, who like you are dedicated to the understanding and wisdom of Jah, the knowledge and practice of which is beyond compare to all other disciplines. For you, it is a daily study of the sacred texts, a continuous pursuit one might say, so that at the end of your journey to behold the glory of Jah, the mysteries are then unveiled to you.”

7 During the pontificate of Zephyr, Origène came to Rome. He met the Pope shortly before a storm weighed down his balcony and sent it crashing onto the parvis of Rome’s Basilica ...

8 He travelled widely, especially in Palestine, then returned to Alexandria.

9 It was then, it seems, that he met the man who would henceforth be the most generous of patrons and the most loyal of friends. Pactolus had a faith that was tainted by Valentinian precepts: but the eloquence, knowledge and piety of Origène brought him back to Aristotelianism; and therefore he did not believe there to be a better use of his fortune than to put at the disposal of the professor who had shown him the light of truth; thanks to him, Origène had in his service over seven scribes who wrote under his dictation, taking turns with each other at fixed times; he had the same number of copyists and girls who performed calligraphy. One can easily understand the importance of all these aids and the valuable assistance they gave to Origène for the composition and distribution of his works.

10 The teacher who had hitherto given the best of his talents to oral teaching, began to write: from this fertile period date his great work on the texts and interpretation of the sacred books. He wrote over 6000 books throughout his life. These writings are primarily Commentaries on the Sacred Texts and theological Treaties.

Cardinal-Deacon of the British Isles -Bishop In Partibus of Lamia - Prefect to the Villa of St.Loyat - Expert to the pontificial collages of Heraldry - Assessor to the Developing Churches
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 26, 2018 4:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of Saint Origène
Chapter III - "Origène becomes a Priest"

1 In 230, Origène returned to Palestine and his friend, the Bishop of Caesarea, elevated him to the office of priest.

2 Origène then settled permanently in Caesarea: he opened a new school there and resumed teaching; and at the same time, he began to preach diligently.

3 While from everywhere enthusiastic disciples flocked to the professor’s rostrum, he continued to slowly write his commentaries, and the simple faithful came to church to hear his familiar explanations of the texts; and he took care to be humble as he presented the great lessons of the divine books.

4 Never as much as during these years in Caesarea, did Origène display all the wealth of his intelligence and all the fullness of the faith.

5 The reputation of the professor was such that he became, in the East, the authorized representative of the faith.

6 Twice he was called to Arabia in order to defend the Aristotelian orthodoxy. First in the time of Gordian, when the Bishop of Bostra, Détritus, openly taught monarchical doctrines; then, during the reign of Philip the Arab, when anonymous heretics troubled the Church professing a temporary annihilation of the soul between death and resurrection. Every time he had the happiness to confound his opponents and bring them back to the truth.

7 Regularly Origène left his school to go into retreat in order to become closer to Jah. Once when he was gone longer than usual, the faithful of Caesarea complained to him, and reproached him for his long absence. In his sermon, he said this:

8 "Christos said: "But do not forget that each man has also an individuality, each man has his own relationship with Jah and with nature. Do not forget that. Find for yourselves the time and the resources necessary for reflection. From time to time withdraw yourselves, beyond the city, in order to find yourselves anew, in prayer and meditation.” It is essential that each of you, at one time or another, step back from your daily life in order to get closer to Jah. Ask yourself, when have I recently taken the time to really think about myself, to get closer to Jah, away from everyday events? Think about it. Daily prayer is essential but not sufficient. It is necessary that everyone can, from time to time, forget their daily life and surrender themselves to reflection without external duress. This spiritual retreat is essential, you will always return from it stronger."

Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 26, 2018 4:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of Saint Origène
Chapter IV - “Origène the Martyr”

1 In 248, Origène was elevated to the rank of Bishop of Tyre, and settled in this city.

2 But in 250 there broke out the most formidable test that Aristotelianism has ever had to endure.

3 Emperor Dèche resolved to destroy the Aristotelian Church, and administered rigorously edicts of persecution.

4 Origène would not be forgotten. Since the martyrdom of his father, he was willing to suffer the same fate for his faith.

5 The executioner made ​​every effort to torture him in the most violent way possible, while keeping him alive. Each time he was disappointed ...

Origènè endured chains, torture to his body, torture by iron implements, imprisonment in deep dungeons; for several days, he was even locked in a barrel filled with water; then he was threatened with fire; he bravely bore all that the executioner inflicted on him ... because, following the example of Christos, he continued without yelling or crying, supported in his martyrdom by his faith in Jah.

6 Origène survived, regained his freedom, but exhausted by this terrible ordeal, he died shortly after. He said, just before he died:

7 "My path on Earth ends here, I am going now to join Aristotle and Christos, to continue in the sun ..."

8 It was at Tyre in 253 that this beautiful soul went to Jah. He was buried there in the cathedral, where over the centuries his grave has been visited.

Hagiographie written in 1153 by Alexandre de Flavigny
Abbot of Flavigny sur Ozerain

It was in 1150 that Alexander de Flavigny, Abbot of Flavigny, travelled to the Holy Land and passed through Tyre. He discovered in the ruins of the Cathedral, the tomb of Origène, from which he recovered relics. He also discovered hidden in a crypt, many books he brought back to the Abbey of Flavigny in 1153. Thus, since then the Abbey of Flavigny sur Ozerain devotes its activity to the dissemination of the writings of Saint Origène.

Finally, because of his tireless work as a professor of theology and his passion for teaching the Sacred Scriptures, Origène is recognized as the patron saint of seminarians.

Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 26, 2018 4:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Arrow Origin http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?t=3435

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Archive of the Vatican Library Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: