L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Sainte Illinda, patron of Flandern

Poster un nouveau sujet   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Policarpo

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 08, 2018 11:29 am    Sujet du message: Sainte Illinda, patron of Flandern Répondre en citant

Citation:

"But it's finally Flanders to which my heart belongs, having been the Bishop of Bruges and the Archbishop of Mechelen there."

Illinda is presented to sainthood as a Doctor of the Church because of her deeds that helped revive our Church.

IN SERVICE OF THE CHURCH

Born in Valencia, Illinda showed herself to be very early on, as spokesperson for her village, a talented orator, a talent that made her famous, as the mysteries of the Vatican often vibrated to the sound of her words.

Raised in the Faith, she naturally took part in the life of her parish and she met a man whom she always considered to be her mentor: our late Brother Norv. Following his teachings, Illinda became still further involved in the life of the Church and naturally became a deaconess of Embrun.

Close to the parishioners, as she was throughout her life, her commitment let the religious life rediscover this parish’s worthy radiance.

Her work was quickly recognized by the prelates and Illinda was appointed abbess, the first abbess of the era of the renewal of faith, though this was not unchallenged by the narrow-minded. Illinda is remember to this day by all women who work for the Glory of our Church.

Not resting on her laurels, she left her place of birth so dear to her to become the parish priest of Saint-Pol-de-Leon, on the borders of Brittany. Having left behind the support and experience of her mentor, she found herself alone in a place populated with hearty but rough believers.

Benefitting from a strong character and a desire to bring to life once more a forgotten fervor, she built the church of Saint-Pol Aurélien still standing to this day.

Her kindness and her passion which she conveyed to the parishioners allowed her to gather together a number of Bretons who had sworn on her arrival to never set foot in church. As she would often say:
    “When the shepherd stays close to their flock, I must confess that miracles can happen.”

Belonging to the growing college of exorcists in the kingdom, with sadness Illinda left the Breton moors that had become her home to meet the people of Flanders. It was in effect her very worthiness that had sent her to these Northern lands, to take charge the diocese of Bruges, a position she held until her death.

There, too, the impression she placed on the religious life will remain indelible. Yet despite her great worth, Illinda was always humble, only considering her dedication as the one path open to her.
    "I question whether most of the things I say make an impression ... Because when I look at the history of some of our brothers and sisters, I only feel like a twig. But I only have the desire to do more and more for the Aristotelian Church …”

Whenever a title was awarded to her, she never sought any associated honors. She only saw these responsibilities as a means to achieve ever more important work for the Church.
    "The only church that can exist is one for which so many good men and women sacrifice their lives.”

THE WORD OF THE CHURCH IS CLEAR

Illinda often showed the following to be evident; that parishioners were never as involved in the practice of the Faith as when they understood the Word given to them. She spoke to them in simple terms that would not confuse the Sacred Teachings. She delivered to them the divine Word

A cistercian Sister, she benefited from the work done in the Abbey of Noirlac, then the radiant center of Aristotelian theology and she leaned in particular about the catechism completed by the late father Fairway, parish priest of Gueret. Similarly, the priory of Morancourt, founded by Moile of Suzémont often received visits.
    “Know that in Morancourt priory, at the Abbey of Noirlac, and in many other places we do not only pray tirelessly. There are also some who think and who make advances for our Church. Relentlessly, they work for your Salvation.”

NOTHING IS AS STRONG AS THE ARISTOTELIAN FRIENDSHIP

Overcoming differences to live a united faith.

Illinda was one of the faithful who knew our early church, and the lives of those who worked constantly for its edification. Reform that resulted from the death of Pope Nicolas V affected her too, she who had given so much to establish the foundations of our Family.

Fears assailed her of losing what had already been done. She participated in the heated debates when then animated Aristotelianism, by focusing her voice and defending the questions of the faithful. But she never believed in the possibility of leaving the Church. She preferred to stay and try to place her beliefs within our family, refusing to see a conflict erupt between brothers.
    “I can not believe in a Church that tears itself apart after all we experienced ...

Do you really think we pay tribute to the founders of the Church by dividing and creating the first religious conflict of the kingdoms ...?”

Illinda threw all her weight into this episode of our Church’s life, initiating talks between the different parties, with the sole purpose of unifying the two visions of the same faith to abort this fratricidal war ... She was one that took part in the Unity of our Church, and her joy was great to see Aristotelianism strengthen once again.
    “There are no winners or losers, there's just the Church which grows and becomes stronger.”

Do not forget the past to build the future

“Jarkov left, Arnvald retired ... and so many others that died broken ...

These names that were respected when I entered the service of the Church and above all else showed the true strength of his servants, not by titles or ornaments but really and truly by a faith that a few righteous people could achieve ...

Names that still command respect in the light of new ideas, their actions having made our Church more important still .. .

Names that in the dark future looming on the horizon, will still command respect for the greatness of their accomplished works carried out in order to make sense of the different words we use: kindness, generosity, altruism, defense of the faith, that without the clear example of the lives of these great characters resonate like a hollow well in our hearts.”

A great respect for the founders of the Church dwelt within Illinda. She had known these men, they had met her, and they had passed on their sacrifice for the Church. Illinda knew what these men had brought to the Church. And just as she did not want to see her brothers torn apart, neither did she want to see the memory of her fathers be forgotten.

This memory gave Illinda the strength that all recognized in her. A visionary, she knew that the Church would still experience adversity, that the agents of heresy would rise to impede the inevitable march of our Family. And Illinda knew that the trials which met Aristotelianism could only be crossed by remembering the sacrifices made by the Fathers.

ARISTOTELIANISM IN THE KINGDOMS

The Church at the center of life in the Kingdoms, serving the Kingdoms

For Illinda, no other place existed for the Church than being at the center of parish life. She believed that senseless weak heterodoxies were too often due to the Aristotelian Family being too distant. According to her, fighting for Aristotelianism did not mean that the clergy were mere representatives. For her, the clergy could not act better than being present in the heart of the problem, being on the ground to show that the church is important, but above all that it is present.
    “But here, I learned in my early days that one has a lot more clout when one is in the tavern rather than outside …”

This eloquent metaphor, in addition to revealing once again the evident closeness of Illinda with her parishioners, also expressed the wish of this saint to see the Church not hesitate to act within the temporal power. Because who is better than the clergy to bring to life the Divine Teachings in policy decisions
    “I see much wrong when a layman, be they Aristotelian or not, is allowed to say what we should do.”

Moreover, Illinda had some responsibilities within the County Council of Flanders, and did not hesitate to defend, in the name of the Church, the interests of the regions where she felt at home. In particular, she defended the Tastevin monastery project known to us all today.
    “Yet it is obvious … Everyone knows that in the past the best beer was made on Flemish soil ... so it would be logical that a monastery was created between Flanders and Artois …”

Aristotelianism as the only way

The Word was Illinda’s best weapon and she disapproved of violence. But Brother Norv decided to welcome her as a disciple in a closed circle of Illuminati Aristotelians, to be her mentor, and while she did not always share his radical methods, his beliefs were hers.

She feared nothing more than to see heterodox religions threaten the Aristotelian Faith and she urged the Church to use its weight to eradicate heretics. Her wish was to finally see the laws of the Kingdom of France compel the impious elected to recognize that the Church as their own.
    “In the name of the King’s religion, who is still master of the kingdom according to the latest news, we can not let this kind of thing proliferate, or come the future one will do our Masses in honor of Braknou the beaver who stopped the river, or instead of Ostia one will distribute pints of beer in honor of the blood of Sheptal, etc

We are the religion of the Kingdom, we must continue as such!”

No doubt the Royal Concordat will fulfill her wishes.

TO DIE AMONG THE FAITHFUL

Illinda labored hard for the life of our Family. And many of the stones of our church bear her mark.

But the pains she took throughout her life weakened her. Although her health was not the same as in her youth, she kept on touring Flanders in order to bless each of its inhabitants. Yet she still showed a lively spirit, being tough-willed, and through her example, restored the faith of the weak.

Already greatly affected by the disappearance of her friend Arnvald, this last gift of selflessness for the faithful and the Church was the reason for her sainthood, and this exemplary woman left us in the cold month of January 1454, not without having experienced the delirium of agony ...
    “I must confess that Bouboule was right …”

For many days in Flanders, where those who had adopted this holy servant of Jah, the steeple bells tolled every hour. Even today, in Malines, one can see the monument erected to the memory of St. Illinda.

A few months after her death, some Flemish fishermen were caught in a storm off the coast of Dunkirk. Terrified, they thought their last hour had come and one of them saw a mast falling onto him. That's when a woman of great beauty appeared to him, suffused with a heavenly light. She spoke to the Flemish with these words:
    “You still have much to accomplish young layman, so I will save you.”

The storm then stopped and the fishermen, safe and sound, were left stranded without understanding what had happened to them.

Saint Illinda had performed her first miracle.

PRAYER OF DEDICATION

Jah is my shepherd.

I shall not want.

In pastures green ...

He soothes my soul.

Even when I go into the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your support comfort me.

My cup overflows.

Goodness and generosity followed me all the days of my life

I will dwell in the house of Jah, to the end of time.

TRIBUTES
    You were someone to admire, dear Illinda.
    The Church should hire you as a ray of light in the religious life of Breton and indeed, everywhere.

Jarkov

We will miss you and your tenacious spirit, which filled our admiration.
    Arikel

Rest in peace. It was a triumph for the church: the first ordained woman and the first bishop too. Without doubt, the Curia would have received her in time. She knew to speak up when necessary. She was a great woman and the Cistercian Order can be proud to have witnessed her rise! Glory to Jah and Illinda who henceforth dwells at the side of the Everlasting! Amen.
    Anonymous

Rest in peace, Illinda, the Aristotelian Church has lost a strong character.
    Gloth

May the Lord welcome you close to him, Lady Illinda...
    Abysmo

Illinda, I have always supported you and I have just lost a friend, who has always shown courage and determination.
    May Jah welcome you as you deserve.

Fredstleu

We will miss your frequently beneficial rants.
    Moile of Suzémont

Rest in peace, Illinda, we will certainly meet again one day up there close to our Lord where we can laugh at the whims of this world.
    And maybe it will be faster than you think, because I feel tired too. The hard knocks, the spitefulness, the insults wear you out and finally one only thinks of meeting the Sun.

Egmont

MAXIMS
    O my Lord, help your country shepherds so they do not slip ...

I will continue, yes, without yielding, for it is well known that under the shirt, it is the ear of corn that scratches the most.

Do not pour plum brandy on those embers already slumbering.

RELICS

Her megaphone, her sun glasses. The recumbent Sainte Illinda is kept under the protection of the Cistercian Order in the Abbey Noirlac.

PATRONAGE

Illinda is proposed as the patron saint of Flanders.

German archivist for the Roman registers of Sacraments
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: