L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

The Siege of Aornos - Chapter III

Poster un nouveau sujet   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Policarpo

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 08, 2018 11:37 am    Sujet du message: The Siege of Aornos - Chapter III Répondre en citant

Citation:
The Siege of Aornos - Chapter III

The temple of the cosmic serpent Manitou was an immense, imposing edifice, with architecture devoid of frills. The décor was extremely simple and limited to a few images representing scenes from the life of the serpent deity of the Assacene. Only the dome of the temple contrasted with the severity, it was covered in gold leaf and precious gems. We intruders followed our guide to a sort of counter that was held by people that appeared to be monks. They questioned us on our names, our homes, our families, our income, and after several hours, we were finally allowed to meet the Manitou.

The Cosmic Manitou was a peculiar individual. We expected to meet a sovereign, arrayed in splendor and majesty, instead we were faced with a man that was devoid of charisma. The Manitou was small, lean, and rather old, and wore a ridiculous little mustache. We were greeted rather coldly with these words, “Foreigners are not always welcome here, but we make an exception for you because you are involved in the prophecy.” I longed to ask the question, but Aristotle asked before I had the chance, “What prophecy do you speak of?” The Manitou told us that he had seen in a dream that armies from the west would destroy Aornos, but a philosopher by the name of Aristotle would first come into the city to immortalize the city in his writings. Aristotle said that he would not waste his precious time to write even two lines about Aornos, "insead it should die; or better still, Aornos should be totally forgotten”. The Manitou was appalled by the words of the philosopher, “Ah, no, no, no! We cannot be forgotten! We are the political ideal!” Aristotle burst out, “What! You’re joking? An ideal, surely you jest, all I see here is sin.

“I see a only the lust of the hordes, wallowing in their abuse of things of the flesh, leading to the contamination of the soul, becoming a black landscape full of fantasies where bodies mingle in unspeakable positions. These damned come and go in a sinister dance, in search of new unclean experiences in order to calm their ferocious appetite that cannot be appeased. Nothing else is important to them except the satisfaction of low cravings, and soon, their obsessions become so heavy that they sink into a black madness.

“I see only the anger of poor devils who give themselves over to their primitive tendencies of raising voice or fist against their brothers, and the sinister marauders who enjoy the violence of their crimes. They are pushed by their brutish desires, or their propensity for the perverse, to feed on human flesh and drink the blood of their victims, before spreading death and then forgetting in an orgy of viscera and bodily fluids.

“I see only the greed of those who pretend to command but do nothing but exploit, ignoring the most basic interests of their subjects, those who take pleasure in their small comforts, ignoring the vital needs of their labouring brothers, and who deny a loaf of bread to hungry mouths. They, in truth, show such selfishness with all of their money going towards a single point that they all become stunted, hunchbacked, and twisted over time.

“I see only the greed and extraordinary wealth of the citizens, who are fat from eating too much at the table, rosy from drinking to much wine, and laid-back from their excess of sleep. Their tongues will soon be covered in pustules that will swell like balloons, then burst like ripe fruit, dispersing their flesh to the four winds.

“I see only the pride and conceit of the citizens, who rejoice in the study of their own reflection, and convince themselves to live in physical, moral, and political perfection. They will become the ugliest and most deformed of all as they age. They will end up as madmen, desperate to be returned to the state of crawling monstrosities; sticky grubs that bear no likeness to humans.

“I see only the desire of those at the bottom who wish to posses as much as those that are above them, they are licking their lips for what they might have of their neighbors, and the lustful greed of the accumulation of coinage for its own sake, being the instrument of this pernicious system. They love only to possess and possess others, they think they are free to want, and they become slaves to their own desires, subject to the vagaries of wealth: their lives become hell, an unbridled quest to for ever greater earthly things.

“And finally, I see only apathy, the worst of all the vices, if it is in fact one, because these are people who, in the name of an obscure prophecy, abandon the absurd contemplation of what they believe to be destined for them, in order to disappear under the blows of the gauntlet of Alexander. Citizens who instead of acting watch passively; citizens that ignore the fact that action would be the product of heroism, the most noble instrument of virtue. They, in truth, no longer deserve the name of citizens, and therefore deserve no more the name of man, they are vegetables!”

And then Aristotle was silent. The Manitou’s eyes were wide, and myself, I knew not what to say after such a diatribe. Time was suspended, then the sovereign suddenly had a violent reaction. Aristotle and I were thrown out of Aornos, after being insulted by the small king who had gone into a hysterical anger.

German archivist for the Roman registers of Sacraments
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: