L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[EN] St.Valentin

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Policarpo

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 25, 2019 10:45 pm    Sujet du message: [EN] St.Valentin Répondre en citant

Citation:
Hagiography of Saint Valentin

Little is known of the life of Saint Valentin before the year 268. Many know that he was the in vicinity of Aristotelism in Rome and that he passively exercised his priesthood for many years.

It was that year, when a new head for Imperial Rome was enthroned whos name was Claude II. This strong, military, pagan chief issued a bad and cruel law: with the pretext of providing forces to the new army using those young people of the right age to fight, he had prohibited them of marrying.
The Emperor justified it by affirming that the people who are engaged in a married and familiar life do easily turn into bad soldiers, given that their intressts in family could not be left behind them.

But the Priest Saint Valentin gravely violated this antinatalistic prescription. In fact, the stated imperial edict was openly derided by him, by marrying in turn all the young people who asked him for it, his church being invaded by couples of lovers.

To the young lover that had come to visit Valintin, it was this he said to him:

Citation:
God created man and woman so that they would form a couple. But the happiness experienced by the couple in love is divine because it comes from God. If you understand that ardent love has its beginnings in God, then it is like the love of God, for the love of God, whom they say is most high, is uniting those in front of him in his Church through the sacrament of marriage. Therefore on the day of your marriage, your entrance into the church is a thanksgiving to God, because your love has its source in God and it will be him who will be the center of this religious celebration.

Then this happened: the good priest Saint Valentin, probably denounced from a non-reciprocated lover, had to appear before the Emperor Claudio. The latter asked, "What is this, Valentin. Why have you disobeyed my edict that forbade marriage?"

At which Valentin answered:

Citation:
"Man and woman united by a pure and disintrested love must be married, because by marriage, which is one of the divine sacraments, it is god himself, the source of all love who is glorified. By asking me to give up marrying those who love each other, you make me act against God, and that is something I can't do. If you knew the grace of God, you would never speak that way, but you would give up your idols to worshop the true God who is in the sun."

Therefore the Prefect of Claude said, "What do you say Valentin about the holiness of our gods?"

Citation:
"I have nothing to say if there are miserable men and men without honor."

Faced with this blasphemous fight in the eyes of the pagan Claude, he called on of his cruelest officer, named Asterius, and ordered him to take him outside the walls to behead him.

Asterius could not hold back a grimace of despair. For some time, he had promised his wife, a nosy and rather bland female, to spend the evening with the family. If he could not return in time, the wife of the prefect could imagine any number of things!

He then decided to take Saint Valentin to his house and to face his suffering the next day.

When Valentin entered the house, he said:

Citation:
"Father God, that you are the true light, illuminate this house, so that they can recognize you as the true God.

The prefect said, surprised, "You leave me speechless when I hear you say that your God is the light. If my daughter, who is blind for some time, recuperates her sight, I will do all that you ask of me."

They brought the girl to Saint Valentin, who, placing his hands over her eyes, made this prayer:

Citation:
"God, creator of all things, permit the girl to contemplate that which is the beauty of your creation, and that the things are copies of ideas."

Therefore at these words, at once she reacquired her sight, and Asterius and his wife, running to the feet of their benefactor, supplicated themselves before him, given that they knew the true God for his grace, to say their thanks so that they could be saved. The Saint reccomended them to abandon all their idols that they had followed, and to pardon all those who had offended them, so finally they could be baptized, guaranteeing them salvation. Asterius did all that he had reccomended, freeing all the Aristotelians made prisoner, and was baptized with all of his family, composed of forty-six people.

Valentin made friends with Asterius' daughter and gave her some sheets of paper that resembled the form of a heart and he signed it: from your Valentin

Unfortunately, the Emperor, informed of this change, was afraid of the uprising in Rome, and took Asterius and all those who had been baptized, and condemned them to death by means of various types of torture.

For Valentin, the father and master of these blessed children and disciples, after having been imprisoned for a long time in a narrow prison, he was beaten and broken with knotted sticks and finally beheaded on the Flaminian way on February 14 of the year 270.

The Emperor Claude was punished by God for his slaughtering, and died of the plague the following August.

Because he was honored for his sacrifice for love it was decided to canonize Saint Valentine as the patron of falling in love.

In the eleventh century, the head of Saint Valentin was brought to the abby of Jumièges, of the diocese of Rouen; Baudry, bishop of Dolo in 1020, inscribed the story of this transcription and the miracles that followed it.

Lady Alessia translated this text from the Spanish language.
Edited by Luciano P. Monforte O.P.
Conradh MacKinnon translated this text from the Italian language.
Edited by Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose

German archivist for the Roman registers of Sacraments
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: