L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[EN Dogma]Saint Tugdual Tréguier

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Archive of the Vatican Library
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 03, 2019 3:23 am    Sujet du message: [EN Dogma]Saint Tugdual Tréguier Répondre en citant

Citation:
Hagiography of Saint Tugdual of Tréguier

Tugdual (in the language of Breton also known as Tudwal) is the patron of the city of Tréguier (Landreger) and one of the seven founding Saints of Brittany. He is sometimes shown accompanied by a white horse or a dove, the symbols of his many travels.

His Youth and high expectations

Tugdual was born about 490, in the Islands of Britain. A source later claimed his father was a prince of Britain, arguing that a man of such ways, instruction and influence could only come from a great race; but the teachings of Christos invite little interest in this theory because Christos teaches us it is by his own will that a man rises over his fellow man and not by the grace of his birth. Whatever the truth behind his relatives, he took part the path to the novitiate on the islands of Britain, and had already entered orders when he first set foot on the Armorica peninsula known as Brittany.

He arrived in the town of Tréguier, and settled there. He never hesitated at the task in front of him, speaking of the Almighty to everyone he met, tirelessly preaching the word of the prophets, and by building at his own expense a church in the town of Tréguier, which is dedicated to him these days. However, he felt he could not act alone.

"Faith is not a one man affair," he said sometimes sadly, as he sat drinking a glass of mead, when he felt the loneliness of his priestly state. "What can I do well, if I'm alone! "

Much later, in a letter to his disciple, he wrote about this melancholic period:

Citation:
"I mediated often on the company of the apostles. It seemed reasonable to assume that a strong Church was to be a cohesive Church, whose members know each other and act together, although in a hierarchy as Christos wanted, for a body must have a head, but the head without members would never touch anything.
Me, I was a hand without a body. I had not yet met the other hands, and dared not even dream of the curious creature that we would form."

The Encounter and his greatest Achievement - the establishment of the Tro Breizh (Tour of Brittany)

In the same letter to his disciple, Tugdual wrote:

Citation:
"One day, a merchant of Leon heard me complain about my loneliness. He told me first: "Hey, you, the cleric! Who are you to complain? "I was going to respond harshly, because I've always had, to my shame, a propensity to get carried away. But I said nothing, and this did me well, for he added: "Write now to your colleague Pol, who is also quiet and sad. The both of you will be greater than the parts.
This is how I got in touch with those who would become my friends and allies.

Therefore he contacted this Pol, who introduced him to his friends - including Brieg in whom he recognized his uncle. When Brieg, Samson, Maclou and Pol Aurelian (Pol) decided to improve the company aristotelic as created by Corentin and Patern, Tugdual joined them. There was some exchange of letters before the first meeting, which is likely to have taken place in Rohan.

They resolved first to act in each part of the land of Brittany which was still very divided, so that no place was forgotten. The division was made according to the affinities and achievements of each: to Tugdual thus fell the country around Tréguier where he continued his office. He also founded the monastery of Val-Treg, which stands today near Tréguier.

They then resolved to write a lot and meet often, so that we may never forget that the Church is the Most High. In addition, they decided to make regular pilgrimages from one parish to another to avoid retreating to their favourite places and thus closing their eyes to the world. Sometimes they did this trip together. Sometimes, one of them led other clergy and laity. Their journeys are still famous and are commemorated today in the Tro Breizh.

It is at this time of great activity that Tudgual would first utter these words:

Citation:
"We must never let it be said again: how lazy is this priest!"

The Roman Adventure and his Dedication

Anxious as always to become more involved, Tugdual desired to someday push the pilgrimage outside Brittany, because the creation knows no boundaries, nor should the Church. His steps brought him all the way to Rome, where he showed the same enthusiasm to the task that he had shown to his parishioners. Therefore for two years, he divided his time between the Tréguier and the land around and Rome.

There were so many myths and rumours that tried to explain his extraordinary dedication to travel with such large cumbersome loads to lands so geographically distant: some attributed to him the power of ubiquity, while others suggested he had the possession of a large dove or even a winged white horse that carried him from Rome to Tréguier.
The simple truth of it was that he was merely a great traveller, one who was not afraid to spend time on the road and work hard along the way.

After two years of constant travel he began to think that it was not reasonable for him to continue this forever.

Citation:
"We can not be everywhere, either! "

He said one day, and settled at Tréguier, where he lived out his life, never ceasing to act for others and the Church.

Appendix:

Relics: some of his bones are preserved in the church of Treguier.

Feast: Nov. 30

Common Themes he preached:
    - The spread of the faith
    - The Church
    - The Pilgrimage
    - Dedication to his office

Image, relics and themes preaches added.
For the image, I stayed in the same series as Pol Aurélien - it will have the advantage to own. So, I changed a small detail in the last paragraph, to explain the presence of the dove.

Written in September of the year 1461 by Sister Elisabeth Kermorial, according to the archives of the church of Saint Tugdual Tréguier and the Archdiocese of Rennes

Translated into English by Cardinal Teagan February 1462

Cardinal-Deacon of the British Isles -Bishop In Partibus of Lamia - Prefect to the Villa of St.Loyat - Expert to the pontificial collages of Heraldry - Assessor to the Developing Churches
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 03, 2019 3:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Arrow Origin http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?p=592663#592663

Cardinal-Deacon of the British Isles -Bishop In Partibus of Lamia - Prefect to the Villa of St.Loyat - Expert to the pontificial collages of Heraldry - Assessor to the Developing Churches
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Archive of the Vatican Library Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: