L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[EN-Doctrine]Of the indulgence

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Office des bibliothécaires - Office of the Librarian
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Gianvitus

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 09, 2019 10:00 pm    Sujet du message: [EN-Doctrine]Of the indulgence Répondre en citant

Citation:
Book of the eclipse, Chapter V - « The Peak » a écrit:
4 When I thought that I had reached my own end, and my muscles cried out for me to stop, I saw an outcropping not far from me. Delighted by this unhoped-for discovery, I moved there. Once I arrived at this haven, I finally decided to look toward the ground, in order to see how high I had climbed. When I looked, I saw the entire moon beneath my eyes, under volumes of blue smoke similar to clouds. No mountain on Earth could be so high! I was pleased with the effectiveness of my efforts, but I remembered also that there was much distance yet until the top.

5 I had collapsed on the cornice to try to find some rest, when I heard tears. I turned my head and saw an old man with a thick beard, drenched with his own hot tears. His body was so dry that it appeared skeletal. It said to me: “I am Lucifer, Prince of Apathy. Selaphiel, Archangel of Pleasure, is my opposite. Those who surrender to spiritual depression, who remain passive, who do not have any more taste for life, and who are unaware of their own satisfaction join the rows of my damned, which cannot manage to reach the sun.”

6 I saw a cave behind him. It beckoned to me to go there, without saying a word. A long paved corridor moved towards a metal door, which presented a strange vertical veining in its medium. I sought a handle, but did not find any. After long effort, I collapsed against the side of it, exhausted. I then heard a small noise like a bell and the door opened, split into two, and the two halves of the door slid out into the sides. Much surprised, I looked inside and saw there a splendid mirror, which reflected like any other my image.

If we consider absolution, the conclusion that is induced is that of a conditioning to the repair of the faults committed by sin and which must be purged on earth in order to reach the Solar Paradise. It happens, however, that for lack of means one is unable to precisely repair the extent. Nevertheless, reparation is necessary, and it is inconceivable to be able to gain Heaven with a soul heavy with sins and a spirit stained with impurity. God who knows it well, and always moved by this deep love for his children, is indulgent and allows a more direct handling of faults.

About the sanctifying nature of indulgence

By its nature and effect, indulgence can only come from god. It is therefore perfect and absolute in its essence. It can't be anything but a piece of divine grace that allows us to sanctify ourselves and liberate ourselves from the tyranny of sin. This grace is a sanctifying grace, in other words, derived from the merit of the Community of Saints interceding for men at the Heavenly Court that forms above the triumphant Church in its incessant prayers for the militant Church that we are here below. It is thus by this meritorious intercession that divine grace subsists within indulgences.

About its purgatory effect

One can thus see the indulgence as the delivery of temporal punishment conditioned to an act of piety and devotion to the love of God that form some good works of fervor and charity that will have no other effect than to be sanctifying. And it is because indulgence is piety and devotion that the grace of god works in us and purifies us of our faults. I want proof of this, that once it is received, it causes vice to recede in us and increases our virtue and our Faith.

The Church depository of indulgence

Just as god made his ministers here below the sacramental vectors of the remission of sins, he endowed his institution with the power to judge and forgive in his name. The ineffable link between the two faces of this holy institution makes the militant Church the custodian of the merits of the triumphant Church. It is then up to the Aristotelian and Roman Church invested with the legitimate authority from god, to grant such redemptive grace. And it is the Pope, the first of the pastors, who is responsible for promulgating and distributing indulgences. By virtue of the uninterrupted apostolic line since Saint Titus, to which the episcopal power takes its source and its legitimacy, it is then up to the diocesan authority to confer indulgences throughout the ecclesiastical provinces and parishes.

It is then quite legitimate to say bluntly that any other granting of indulgence done outside the Church will be empty of essence for the purification of faults. I advance this assertion by the certainty that false indulgence, not coming from god, can not bring grace into it and bring it to men. I would even add that it is blasphemous and constitutes a serious danger to the souls of the faithful, because, by a pretense, it viciously parodies the grace of god and misleads. False indulgence, thus distributed to a faithful of good will, failing to bring him redemption, puts his soul in peril of death.

The only effective indulgence must be granted by the Church, being the only spiritual representative institution of the Most High on Earth, it is also the only one able to act in favor of sinners seeking indulgence in the eyes of the Most High.

Arnarion de Valyria-Borgia
    Cardinal of Saint Ripolin of the Angels.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Office des bibliothécaires - Office of the Librarian Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: