L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Help Wanted in Ireland
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Prospero

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 17, 2010 5:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I still have no news from Rome (I was elected bishop of Killaloe at the end of january if my memory's right)
Our earthly lives are not eternal, and I sometimes think that it might be 'funny' if a person elected as member of the clergy died before the election became effective ingame (and I'm only talking about the death of Prospero there)

And I'm not even mentioning the time it took to have my course at the seminar validated, nearly one full real-life year ago. Maybe we could reflect on just how selective we want to make the access to priesthood ? Hmmm ?
Former Bishop of Waterford
Former Archbishop of Dublin

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 18, 2010 8:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

You were renominated on Monday. So it is in very much in channels again. That is as much as can be done by us right now.

I would say try to wait for a few days. Considering that a Dutch bishop that was submitted on Tuesday was installed yester-day (though not without problem); we should have good reason to believe your installation should happen relatively soon.
Prospero

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks for answering your eminency.
I wonder what it means to be 'renominated'
Does it mean some names had been forgotten in a nook ?

Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 18, 2010 12:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

We are not sure what exactly happened with your initial nomination, but as you stated, a month is a fairly long wait (though not unprecedented). It seemed that now would be a good enough time to resubmit the name for appointment.
deisdre

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 19, 2010 12:17 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Apocas a écrit:
deisdre a écrit:
My name is Deisdre and I have been in An Gort since July, I am a level 3, Im baptised and I chose the Church way. If there is no priest or priestess appointed, I would like to volunteer my time to the town.

Contact the bishop, Invisible007 for the IG appointment. Also you should contact Primat Paullo . He can ordain - and if needed baptise - you.

I sent an email to invisible, but no reply yet. I was baptised by Father Crepitus a long time ago. Im currently in the process of starting the seminars. I do need to be ordained.
Josephus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 20, 2010 7:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I've just learned that Mother Eleyne, former parish priestess of An Gort, has passed away. Her remains lay is state in the church of the same town.

(The funeral services can be found in The Glen)

From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks
[Cardinal Deacon of the British Consistory][Bishop In Partibus of Hieron][Primate of the British Isles][Parish Priest of Kendal]
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
paullo

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 21, 2010 1:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

May Mother Eleyne rests in piece.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Prospero

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 22, 2010 10:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Alright.

This is becoming really nonsensical, and obviously leading nowhere.

From an rp point of view there's no reason for such delays.
From a 'game admin' point of view it's just plain carelessness.
And from a player's point of view it is just annoying. I'm going to reach level 4 without any help whatsoever from the church --practically only through preaching. That's fine with me.

I'm therefore giving up my candidacy as bishop. Sorry for all inconveniences to those who supported my application, whatever the reasons.

Please note that if I ever get 'nominated' ingame I'm resigning immediately.

Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 22, 2010 12:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ooc:

While I do not think it has gone on as long as this before, this is frankly not atypical for what happens sometimes. You have been a player of this game long enough to know that this is just the way the admins operate sometimes. You just sort of have to bear it and wait for it to come through.

I will try to find out what the issue is and when you can expect to be appointed IG. I suppose it won't make you feel any better, but you are not the only one. We have two more from us (with perhaps another two shortly), the Saint Empire has 4 waiting, and Hungary has one as well. So there are quite a few people in waiting.

Also know that your fellow bishops do support you and want you to become bishop IG quickly. I mean they would not have voted for you if they did not. So please when you are appointed IG do please stay in office. At the very least if you do resign, please first appoint yourself as the priest of the parish. That way at least some other players will be able to get something from this long wait.
Prospero

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 23, 2010 10:15 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ooc:
I know that some things are slow in this game, especially when it comes to game improvements, and so on.
I was the one who launched the petition on the french forum to have preachings reimplemented on v3, and it finally was a success...at long last (if my memory's right it took about 6 months). So yes, I know this.

However, we're not talking about a game improvement, new functionalities, or anything like that.
We're just talking about naming people to ingame functions. In other words, normal, everyday, very simple things.

Such things really shouldn't take ages. Celsius are just careless.

Rp:
Now I am also fed up because it took ages for me to simply be authorized to become a priest in Ireland. To be precise, it took 4 full months (june-october 1457) This was hassling, red tape, from some who apparently thought it unfit to have 'outsiders' (coming from other countries, with different experiences and trainings) in 'their' church.

This is why I asked just how selective you wanted our church to be.
I just wanted to help, you know. And I was deterred.

Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 23, 2010 4:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Well father, there is not much I can do but agree that things often take far longer then we would desire. I suppose what little I can say is that that hassling red-tape is nearly as much of an issue for those that have certain charges as well as those that do not. It is not unnatural for some to show caution when an unknown is first encountered. In many cases that is the prudent action. However there are a few times when over-cautiousness is more of an hindrance then a help. However at the very least we learn from such situations and we become better at doing what should be done. Well, at least when we have some control over the matter.
Prospero

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 23, 2010 4:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mmh... diplomatic talk indeed Smile

Maybe some of the hassling red tape could (should ?) be spared at times. Especially when the reasons are not very... visible if you see what I mean.

But enough with it. I don't want to bother you any more.

Edit: I just posted my thoughts on Forum 1/ Babel tower / Bugs

Prospero

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 29, 2010 12:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Just a tiny update: no news about anything related to bishopry.

Or, as a recent french president would say:

Citation:
ça leur en touche une sans faire bouger l'autre

...a nice metaphor indeed to say they just don't give a damn.

Prospero

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 29, 2010 4:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Latest (and last) update: I posted a description of the problem on 'forum 1/Je ne comprends pas' and I was named bishop of Killaloe immediately...

Maybe we could try and do the same next time there's a bishop elected ? Or write directly to Choup, who seems to be the right person ?? Who was contacted when a bishop had to be named until now ?

Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 30, 2010 2:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Actually you name went through with all the the other dozen or so backlogged bishops. Perhaps bishops have to be approved in batches of about ten now (it was previously about five)? Though it is Choup that actually does the appointment, she doesn't normally approve names from anyone but Aaron.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Suivante
Page 11 sur 14

Sauter vers: