L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Aristotle Star
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 21, 2009 8:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

latan a écrit:
Syounger did you receive your silver star in the end?

I never got it presented on a lovely red cushion NO!
To be fair I was not alone but I felt as an English or even Scottish Bishop I was not top of the priority list. A lack of French was also not helpful.

So like any good Bishop I prayed for help & Jah answered by telling me to take a broom & sweep up. To make myself useful rather than moan.
It was while I was cleaning up I came upon a Star with my name on & a note.

Cardinal Bishop Syounger troublemaker lacking in finesse & etiquette.
Keep him waiting it serves him right for moaning about the French!
Now who wrote the note I do not know but I polished the Star, I had a letter from Rome to say I had been awarded such an honour so I wish to wear it with the pride & honour it deserves. It was awarded I’m told before I became a Cardinal for services to the Church in England which means more to me than reaching higher office.

I have to say my old friend if all French speaking Bishops were as kind & curtsies to me as you I would have nothing to moan about.

My acceptance speech I tried to prepare with no French skill was

Je voudrais remercier ceux à Rome de reconnaître mon travail que j'ai effectué pour l'église en Angleterre et maintenant en Ecosse. Je porterai l'étoile avec la fierté et l'honneur. Pour une telle personne d'origines humbles un ivre et un womaniser à lever tellement haut dans le bureau elle donne à espoir au tout ceux qui choisissent de suivre Jah

Please do not laugh it was the thought that counted

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
latan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 21, 2009 9:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As you do not laugh with my english, i will not laugh with your french Wink
invisible007
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 21, 2009 10:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A lot of French people has a lot of problem with the grammar, the spelling ...It's shameful for my country.

So, Syounger, never I will laugh with your french !
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 22, 2009 2:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It's funny as both of you said you would not laugh yet I hear a ringing in my ears Laughing

Perhaps it's what you don't say rather than what you do say Wink

Perhaps one of you could translate & I could see if I would have made a complete idiot of myself or not? Shocked

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
invisible007
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 22, 2009 3:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

syounger a écrit:

Je voudrais remercier ceux à Rome de reconnaître mon travail que j'ai effectué pour l'église en Angleterre et maintenant en Ecosse. Je porterai l'étoile avec la fierté et l'honneur. Pour une telle personne d'origines humbles un ivre et un womaniser à lever tellement haut dans le bureau elle donne à espoir au tout ceux qui choisissent de suivre Jah

In the first sentence, I have just make a little change.
In the last, I suppose that "womaniser" is in fact "womanizer", in french it's "coureur de jupons". I have just a doubt with the word "ivre", so I have not includ this word in the correction.

Citation:
Je voudrais remercier ceux, qui à Rome, ont reconnu le travail que j'ai effectué pour l'église en Angleterre et maintenant en Ecosse.
Je porterai l'étoile avec fierté et honneur.
Pour une personne d'origine humble comme moi, coureur de jupons, elle donne espoir à toux ceux qui choisissent de suivre Jah.

Syounger, it was a good translation, intelligible, and a very good grammar : you have used the good tense (conditional for the first sentence, and future for the last).
tressa

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 22, 2009 3:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I noticed that there isn't a date associated with Loyat's silver star. The date that he received the star is August 30, 2007.

here is the link where he is given the award:

http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?t=6379&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=13
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 07, 2009 2:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

tressa a écrit:
I noticed that there isn't a date associated with Loyat's silver star. The date that he received the star is August 30, 2007.

here is the link where he is given the award:

http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?t=6379&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=13

Thank You, its been added.
latan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 27, 2011 10:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

alright make a complete list up to date, and i'll try to get out of my cell to request strongly to the curia.
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 09, 2011 11:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Errr, I'm eligible too?
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 10, 2011 12:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yes with your shiny new paper work you are automaticly I beleive but you may now bring this to the ESPC Wink

prof.sloth

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 21, 2012 2:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Any new individual in this geodogmatic zone granted this award?

English Ambassador to the Holy See | Chancellor of the Reformed Church| Metropolitan Archbishop of York
Leopold
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 21, 2012 4:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

prof.sloth a écrit:
Any new individual in this geodogmatic zone granted this award?

Every Cardinal of the Holy Roman Aristotelian Church is "by right" a Grand Officer in the Order of the Star of Aristotle.

Other individuals recieve this great honor by their merits. By with of course I don't say that the Cardinals don't have their merits. Wink When one is chosen to the cardinalate, it means one is worthy of such position.

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 22, 2012 1:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you for the response, brother.

I am aware of that specific condition. Though I must apologize for not stating my question very well, ..of any other member of the Church with the exception of the good cardinals have been granted this merit. It is only out of pure curiosity that I asked.

English Ambassador to the Holy See | Chancellor of the Reformed Church| Metropolitan Archbishop of York
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 22, 2012 3:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

We tried to get the curia to give them to some members ... but yes! Nothing! That's why we have our own national order!
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Page 2 sur 2

Sauter vers: