L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Preaching
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
latan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 27, 2009 10:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It seems level4 lost the ability to preach.
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 27, 2009 10:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Well I suppose strictly speaking we never had it.

While it is not personally needed for the L4, it would have been helpful for others. Level 4 seems to be very isolated...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Prospero

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 28, 2009 12:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

If you take preaching strictly as a means to get DTP (=PVD), i.e. divine truth points, then there's no need to preach anymore once you reach lev4.

However, I think it's a major feature of the game. It really should be allowed for lev4s in my opinion.
Former Bishop of Waterford
Former Archbishop of Dublin

geomam81

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 07, 2009 3:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

If you read books, how much will increase your beliefs so you can preach ? You increase it only by reading books or while you learning alone the moral skills like Friendship?
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 12:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

geomam81 a écrit:
If you read books, how much will increase your beliefs so you can preach ?

I believe it is dependent on the difference of belief. If you have a high level of belief in the subject already it will increase your level of belief in the subject by only a little or maybe not at all if you are very high. If have little or no belief, it will increase by a relatively better amount.

geomam81 a écrit:
You increase it only by reading books or while you learning alone the moral skills like Friendship?

The transcendental beliefs are increased by either reading books, or hearing someone else preach the subject.
geomam81

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 12:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

My beliefs are those:

It seems reasonable to you to say that the Divine Being is almighty.

You say to yourself that maybe the wise man must take part in the life of the City.

You say to yourself that maybe sensible beauty is an image of Eternal Beauty that any Soul has already contemplated once.

But when i choose to preach i cant. I guess its not high enough. What is those percentages of what i have? If im right over 80% you can preach.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 12:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

geomam81 a écrit:
What is those percentages of what i have?

Respectively: 50-59%, 30-39%, and 30-39%

geomam81 a écrit:
If im right over 80% you can preach

I believe you only need 60-69% ('You know that...' ).

Also besides for the above, you need at least 170 IP, though safer to have at least 201 IP. Less then 201 you have a danger of not only preaching nothing, but possibly losing PVDs.
geomam81

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 1:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I have 211 intelligence so im ok. Can you please brother tell me what books are needed for those ideas?
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 1:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

geomam81 a écrit:
what books are needed for those ideas?

Respectively:

Timée
la Physique d'Aristote
De providentia
De natura deorum

La République

Symposium
Poétique

(Forgive me for not remembering what they are called in english. We I was an active preacher the books were all in french.)
geomam81

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 1:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Oh my Jah. None of the Nicomachean books work? Shocked
So if i want to preach i have to travel to france? At least is there any of those books you said in SRING ?

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I just read that you cant have both Ontology and Theology because you need to read metaphysics A and Γ (Gamma). So, if you have both those believes in maximum after 34 days you will have 0 plus you will lose 34 belief points. Is that true? Can someone confirm it? Shocked
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 2:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

geomam81 a écrit:
At least is there any of those books you said in SRING ?

Baden - La République

Franche-Comté - Physique, De providentia, Timée

Savoie - Poétique

There are probably more places; but I have limited (and somewhat dated) knowledge for the SRING, particularly for the german-speaking areas.

geomam81 a écrit:
Is that true? Can someone confirm it?

Ontology is rare in ESI, so I do not have first hand information. But my understanding is that you can learn both, but your beliefs do take a hit.
geomam81

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 2:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

If i try to learn both, as i intent to do that, i will loose my belief (!). The question is can i increase it again and how? I will everything in zero or just one so i have to read again just one of the two book ? I will loose that way the chance of preaching or not?

Ps i need to read them just one or more times? The same question for those books you wrote me.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 2:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

geomam81 a écrit:
The question is can i increase it again and how?

You should be able to, and in the same way you learned it the first time.

geomam81 a écrit:
I will everything in zero or just one so i have to read again just one of the two book ?

Just the one, I believe, otherwise it wouldn't be worth studying.

geomam81 a écrit:
I will loose that way the chance of preaching or not?
You may depending on the level of your beliefs. But it will not effect IP so you would recover relatively quickly.

geomam81 a écrit:
Ps i need to read them just one or more times? The same question for those books you wrote me.

I believe just the one time. Though even if they are like the morals, it should be no more then three times. So it is not that difficult.
geomam81

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2009 2:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Apocas a écrit:

geomam81 a écrit:

I believe just the one time. Though even if they are like the morals, it should be no more then three times. So it is not that difficult.

Like the nicomachean ? I have study them 5 times and is still 50%. I have to read them alone as a normal lesson

Also, when i will read the metaphysics in my skills will say anything so i can know im ok or not?
After 34 days i will lose my faith, can i boost it up again by reading the one of those metaphysics or something else??
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
Page 3 sur 5

Sauter vers: