L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Help Wanted in Ireland
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Shadowrose

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 20, 2011 11:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Okay I was wondering spotted the NNGO after a posted the last one here and now it was gone again. Was looking into that myself but what you said confirms. I thank you all for your information. Also just because I reread the NNGO stuff again earlier this morning before I headed off to work I wanted to make sure of something. A few months back I was on the council in Cúige Chonnacht their was two parties at the time. One was citizens of Cúige Chonnacht and the other were NNGO, my group decided not to run again and NNGO asked if I wanted to stay on council and run with them since they were the only group interested in the county at the time. I did join their list and I want to be precise here, I only joined the list not NNGO itself so I could try to help serve my county. Could this be a problem if I decided to joint the religious way once I hit level 3. I am asking now so I can start to plan a course of action.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 21, 2011 12:10 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A sensible question & I admire your for thought.

Usually it might but we are aware that area of Ireland is difficult to avoid NNGO in fact it could seriously damage your health.

As long as you avoid joining NNGO or being involved with their activities you will be fine.

But when you close in on L3 & you still wish to follow the Church Path speak to us so we can advice.

I have to say its wonderful to see someone from Ireland considering such good luck to you

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
Furiax

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 18, 2011 7:35 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I was asked before by a church responsible to resign one of my 2 bishop position.

I came to Imleach, and just discovered that I can't. There is no option to do so.

In my office :

Appoint/Dismiss a parish priest
Appoint a collaborator
Dismiss a collaborator
Appoint a bishop
Communicate

No resigning option.
Galdun

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 9:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Greetings from the trouble city of An Gort.

I have returned from an extended retreat and see that we have no parish priest. I have sent many letters to our Bishop, Invisible007. After receiving no responses to my letters I traveled to see him in person only to find he has died (and seemingly been reborn at level 0 in the past could days).

I have served as a priest previously while living in England, Bridgewater to be exact. I am unsure of the exact time or duration of my time a priest there.

I am level 3 and of the Church Way. And am requesting keys to the parish so I can begin restorations on the church and the town's souls.

Master's in Latin: 55%
Master's in ancient Greek: 74%
Master's in modern languages: 26%

Basics of History : 4 %
The Roman Church: organisation and history : 100 %
Aristotle's Moral Principles : 100 %
Virtue : 26 %
Pleasure and Delight : 18 %
Justice : 20 %
Logic : 100 %
The sense of being : 100 %
The beginning of the world : 22 %
Basic knowledge of the military : 11 %
Basic tactics : 11 %
Stonemasonry : 0 %
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 9:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

My answer will not please some brother so remember these are my private thoughts rather than of Assemblies.

In my opinion Assembly & those Bishops who make up the number myself included have failed to address Bishop Invisible007 demise, lack of activity & death despite the fact I brought this up several times before.

He should have been removed from Office a long time ago.
(its possible it could be him reborn but anyone taking that name will get his office we have come across this with the Pope as well as Bishops in Scotland.)

Your offer should be warmly received but without Bishops more difficult to give keys to as it is never straight forward.
We need to work together & with others here to find a solution. We must also ask as you are in Ireland are you connected to parties or organisation that would prevent you taking office once more?

A little of your recent history & were you a Priest for longer than 3 months? I ask as it has reference also we now have seminary lessons for new Priests so your experience & general history is important. Where have you lived where do you propose to live etc etc

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
Galdun

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 10:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Your Eminence Cardinal syounger,

I do not recall the exact length of my tenure as a priest ((ooc: we're talking 4 or 5 years ago)). I would think it was between 2 and 4 months, quite possibly longer.

I currently reside in An Gort, Ireland and plan to remain here for the foreseeable future.

I have been a member of URACE and then upon moving to Ireland CAC and I preached to a band of gypsies. I have severed ties to the CAC.

I currently have and never have had any political ties other than my own as I have been Mayor of two towns in Ireland.

I am pleased to be talking to you Your Eminence Cardinal Syounger, as you are the reason I became a priest. We met many years ago when I was but a wee laddie, I used to listen to your sermons and teachings (you were to baptise me, but I do not think that ever happened). After a time we parted ways and before I knew it, I found myself studying to become a priest and soon had my own Church and congregation.

I have lived in the following places;
  • Lewes, Sussex, England
  • Fowey, Cornwall, England
  • Barnstaple, Cornwall, England
  • Bridgewater, Bristol, England
  • Evesham, Worcester, England
  • Lios Mór, An Mumhain, Ireland
  • Loch Garman, Laighean, Ireland
  • An Gort, Cúige Chonnacht, Ireland

((OOC: I do apologise, I do believe it was Evesham that I was a priest and not Bridgewater. As I said it has been 4+ years.))
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 3:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I’m so sorry I cannot place you but as you say a long time has passed. I’m proud to say many have taken the Church Path following my enthusiasm & guidance. Not all have become Priests & some have taken a while to fulfil their potential perhaps you are one of those.

Records are not easy to find that far back & sometimes even get lost but I will be surprised if anyone doubts your claim to ordination. In fact your name does now sound familiar but it would help if you had an old friend from England that may remember your time as Priest.

3 months was an important time line as after 3 months as a Priest you are entitled to be considered as a Bishop. In truth no one could foresee such a time span between appointments & voluntarily attending a seminary class as a refresher course would help I’m sure with your appointment.

Ireland has in the past always been treated slightly different given there are so many Dioceses. It would in truth if all agreed be easier to install or vote you as Bishop of Tuam alas this is an Archbishop position requiring a further 3 months as a Bishop!

I’m still concerned about An Gort, I’m no Irish expert but is not An Gort wholly taken over by NNGO possibly the County as well? We have had non Church members trying to become Priest for other faiths so we must be careful.

I feel sure my brothers will disagree as I’m not a one for rules & regulations but if we cannot give you keys to the parish of An Gort & your credentials hold out (a Priests keys have to be given by a Bishop in game!) It may be possible to vote you in as Bishop of a near by Diocese for 3 months until such time you could be appointed Archbishop which in turn gives you the power to give yourself Parish keys.

For now Brother we need guidance from those who follow rules & events in Ireland closeir than myself to pass comment.

Galdun

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 4:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am glad to hear that my name rings at least a slight bell with your Your Eminence Cardinal.

I have dispatched a letter to LadyGina to ask if she recalls my time as priest of Evesham as it may even be recorded in the church books ((OOC: there was a forum thread with church RPs in it and was still active last I was able to read that forum)). Upon arriving in Ireland I preached our teachings in Lios Mor for quite a time while in contact with Invisible007 who was to be Bishop and give me keys to the parish church. ((OOC: If RP priesting counts, I acted as town priest for 5 or 6 months while awaiting Irish Church coding and a Bishop.))

An Gort is very much over run by NNGO, in fact Anto and his mistress Jill reside in our town.

Regards,
Father Galdun
Galdun

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I have found my baptismal record. I was probably given the Evesham church keys shortly after that.

Apocas a écrit:
Evesham:

Galdun - 8 April, 1455

I received word back from Ladygina, she has no recollection of my time as a priest, nor access to town records.

As of 28 May 1455 I was listed in official records as Priest of Evesham, noted here:
http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?t=3739&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=galdun&start=26

latan a écrit:
Diocese of Worcester - (Vacant)
Worcester - (Ratio)
Warwick - (Enor)
Evesham - (Galdun)
Gloucester - (Wheeler)
Birmingham - (vacant)

Diocese of Hereford - (Vacant)
Hereford - (Invisible007)
Ludlow - (vacant)

Diocese of Chester - (vacant)
Lichfield - (vacant)
Derby - (vacant)
Shrewsbury - (vacant)
Coventry - (vacant)
Beeston - (vacant)

Diocese of Llanelwy (St Asaph) - (vacant)
Holywell - (vacant)

Dernière édition par Galdun le Mer Fév 29, 2012 6:13 pm; édité 1 fois
Aishling O'Niall

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 5:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'm going to give a point of view that will most likely cause some concern. Please listen with an open mind. I think that it is time to lift the anathema against NNGO as a group. I understand that there are some amongst the NNGO that are thieves etcetera. I understand that full well and I understand that some are not believers. Some are though. I also know that the concern is that some are very vocal in their dislike of the church and are not unlike some in Scotland that would rather they had full say in church matters.
We in Ireland know we will never be rid of the NNGO. We have their members living amongst us. May I suggest some sort of agreement between the NNGO and the church? I know it's a troubling thing to hear for many and I understand why. I also know that Christos would do his best to help the unbelievers, to change the ways of a thief and while some might say "lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas" someone has to be the one to take the first step, to be the hero. If the agreement was something as simple as if they will not interfere with the church in any way that the anathema would be lifted. Of course there would need to be some kind of assurance, some trust built. Perhaps a time of.. oh six months?
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 5:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Its fair to not all NNGO are bad nor all have no faith.

In the same way not all members of Scottish Clans are anti our Church or have no faith in Jah.

I'm not even sure being old & of poor memory what they did to be under anathema now Confused

It might be time to lift as you say a blanket ban but keep certain individuals in anathema. For example did we ever remove a certain former Priest in Scotland from our Church?

I will try to look into it further myself as a Cardinal it may be easier to talk to those concerned as it would appear more recent history puts them against the English rather than our Church so to speak.

Aishling O'Niall

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 6:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I would love to see the church spread it's wings here in Ireland. I know I've found many deacons with potential and I know most of Port Lairge are becoming believers and supporters of the church. We need good people and I think Galdun that I at least recall your face here in Ireland. Cuige Chonnacht I'm told also has a large group of visiting Fury members who are in An Gort. I pray that you would be exactly what An Gort needs Galdun.
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 29, 2012 6:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sounds more like grief & trouble but if thats where your hart is & Jah has called you then there is little that can be done Wink

We await further input but its good to see you Aishling here, still trhe voice of Ireland although for to look a lone figure it seems at times.

syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 03, 2012 2:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Galdun

You should contact Father BrotherRichileau by PM & ask direction to the seminary where you may prepare at least for Priesthood

Galdun

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 07, 2012 2:55 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

syounger a écrit:
Galdun

You should contact Father BrotherRichileau by PM & ask direction to the seminary where you may prepare at least for Priesthood

I have sent Father BrotherRichileau a letter and await his response.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Suivante
Page 13 sur 14

Sauter vers: