L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Book of Virtues and the matter of "the God"

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Ayahv

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 09, 2009 11:10 pm    Sujet du message: Book of Virtues and the matter of "the God" Répondre en citant

Some time ago, I used fragments of "Mythos Aristoteliana" during funeral I performed. Soon I was warned by the censors, that I shouldn't use "God" name on forums. It's official text of Aristotelian religion, but it's worth of attention in my opinion.
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 10, 2009 8:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A few days ago, in a recitation of the Aristotelian Creed, I had a post edited with a reminder to use "Jah" instead of "God."

I asked via appropriate channels for a review, which I presume is on-going.
Blazingfast

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 10, 2009 9:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As a collaborator to the St Jerome's Order, I used to use "Jah" however, SE Apocas told me that we are suppose to use God. I do not know if it is applicable here.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 10, 2009 11:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

This is an old issue.

The censors that told you that Jah is only allowed are simply wrong.

God is a perfectly acceptable term. It is used IG in nearly every language, but English (the others that don't have it, is because of uncritical copying of the English). It in fact used to appear IG in English until over-zealous translators removed it.

Here's a random example from the french interface:

IG a écrit:
>>>Vous êtes impopulaire dans votre ville ?<<<
Dieu peut vous aider !

Ayahv a écrit:
I used fragments of "Mythos Aristoteliana" during funeral I performed. Soon I was warned by the censors, that I shouldn't use "God" name on forums. It's official text of Aristotelian religion,

Funny enough Levan IG coded a link to said text. Rolling Eyes

IG a écrit:
Vous pouvez consultez le dogme et le livre saint de l'Eglise Aristotélicienne :

Le livre des vertus

In fact the BoV was coded as part of the game in V.2 of the french interface. That is to say Levan himself had no problem with the BoV appearing IG with the word "Dieu" in it hundreds of times.

Blazingfast a écrit:
As a collaborator to the St Jerome's Order, I used to use "Jah" however, SE Apocas told me that we are suppose to use God.

I only mentioned this in St Jerome, because God is the more accurate translation for Dieu; and for issues of translation from English to other languages where Jah does not appear IG, that would only confuse other translations.

When RPing go ahead and use God, Jah, Most High, Almighty, and any other traditional (and even non-traditional) terms for God if appropriate. Just don't call Him Jesus.

Masked a écrit:
I asked via appropriate channels for a review, which I presume is on-going.

Which means they are waiting for LJS or Choup to make a response (which may not come). All they would really have to do is write a French censor asking if "Dieu" is allowed.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Ayahv

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 11, 2009 1:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Today I had mail from censor, he told me about discussion they had and LJS said it's okay to use "God" if we want, because even with capital "G" it's not neccessery christian "God".
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 11, 2009 4:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you, your eminence.
I received a similar message and my post returned to its original state.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: