L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Book - Metaphysics G - Aristotle
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sepia

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 04, 2009 10:40 pm    Sujet du message: Book - Metaphysics G - Aristotle Répondre en citant

I've heard that the book necissary for Ontology is now avaliable in England, could you please check your local universitys and let me know if you can find the book Metaphysics G - Aristotle?

Thanks!!

Click here to see God!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 05, 2009 9:19 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

from my reading of it that thread, it was discovered learning.

there are a few of us that have hit the 70% threshold.
i don't think the book is available, but i hope i am wrong.

landrick

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 05, 2009 10:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bridgewater harbor is done and chard port will be done soon.

I inform church autorithies and I ask to church authorities to inform church way citizen from scotland ireland and england that somerset want to create sealane between chard and county possessing the book "methaphisic gamma" needed for ontotheology and absent in ireland scotland and england.

Somerset port authorithies discussed to create departure in chard to britany or anjou. Bridgewater sealane will be use for transport citizen from north ireland and scotland. Chard and bridgewater are very near one of other and only one node is to securized. All the sealane creation are in discussion now and the project seem's interesting and usefull because it exist need and facility.

By this way somerset open the most rapid conexion possible between north island and france.

If people are interested by this transport please contact me directly. I will transmit to accelerate the discussion.

sorry if I post in most than one post but the information concern numerous subject

Localisation: IG: Girvan, Ayrshire, Scotland RL: Odense, Fyn, Denmark

MessagePosté le: Ven Fév 12, 2010 9:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I've heard that while sailing, then going to the university through the old version of the game should give access to Artois University, and thus 6 books.

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 13, 2010 10:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Here is a brief reminder of prerequisites for advanced theological skills:

Ontology: science of the being:
Arrow "Aristotle's Moral Principles": 100%
Arrow "Logic": 100%
Arrow "The sense of being": 100%
Arrow Read Metaphysics GAMMA (Γ) - Aristotle
Arrow Ancient greek : > 85% (to be able to read the book)

Please note that "Beginning of the world" is NOT needed to reach 100% in Ontology.
I have proven this myself about a year ago and published it in Rome.

Theology: science of the first matters:
Arrow "Aristotle's Moral Principles": 100%
Arrow "Logic": 100%
Arrow "Beginning of the world": 100%
Arrow Read Metaphysics A - Aristotle
Arrow Ancient greek: > 65% (to be able to read the book)

Please note that "The sense of being" is NOT needed to reach 100% in Theology.

As far as I know, Metaphysics Γ (Gamma) is only available from the following universities:

- Duché d'Alençon
- Duché d'Anjou
- Duché du Berry
- Duché de Bretagne
- Duché de Touraine

Metaphysics A (alpha) is available from:

- Comté d'Artois
- Comté de Flandres
- Duché de Savoie
- Cornwall
- Duché de Champagne
- Franche-Comté
- Markgrafschaft von Baden
- Wiltshire
Former Bishop of Waterford
Former Archbishop of Dublin

Josephus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 15, 2010 9:16 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Is Metaphysics Gamma needed to begin studying Ontology or is just necessary to complete it? What I mean is, can we begin taking classes in Ontology even without having read Metaphysics Gamma first?

From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks
[Cardinal Deacon of the British Consistory][Bishop In Partibus of Hieron][Primate of the British Isles][Parish Priest of Kendal]
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 15, 2010 2:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

yes.

you can self study ontology to 70%. Some of us have already.

but to go further you need to read the book.

Josephus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 16, 2010 3:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you very much for the information Your Eminence. I will look forward to your classes in Cornwall.

[Cardinal Deacon of the British Consistory][Bishop In Partibus of Hieron][Primate of the British Isles][Parish Priest of Kendal]
landrick

MessagePosté le: Jeu Fév 25, 2010 7:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I have negociate with britany authorities and I find a captain and a boat to travel to britany. Please inform people in game by church mail.

The travel will come the 10 of april from chard (somerset) to treguier (britany).

Inform me in game if you are applicants to travel

The boat will take only 5 passengers => +/- 5.000 kg load

I negociate the price.

Moreover the two port are very near and I tghink that boat can do more than one travel. Most we will be to travel, better it will be

Dernière édition par landrick le Sam Fév 27, 2010 7:15 am; édité 1 fois
Dee_snider

MessagePosté le: Ven Fév 26, 2010 1:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Kitialeah a écrit:
I've heard that while sailing, then going to the university through the old version of the game should give access to Artois University, and thus 6 books.

Correct - I copied them down on my journey from Ireland to Scotland:

The books aboard boats (c/o Artois University) as of January 29th, 1458:

"The Nicomachean Ethics: I - The Study of the Good - Aristotle - Greek"
"The Nicomachean Ethics: V - Justice - Aristotle - Greek"
"De providentia (On Providence) - Seneca - Latin"
"Metaphysics A - Aristotle - Greek"
"Poetics - Aristotle - Greek"
"Parmenides - Plato - Greek"

No elusive Metaphysics G though... Confused
Prospero

MessagePosté le: Ven Fév 26, 2010 10:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dee_snider a écrit:
Kitialeah a écrit:

Correct - I copied them down on my journey from Ireland to Scotland:

The books aboard boats (c/o Artois University) as of January 29th, 1458:

"The Nicomachean Ethics: I - The Study of the Good - Aristotle - Greek"

No elusive Metaphysics G though... Confused

You'd probably get Metaphysics Γ (Gamma) only when sailing past a duchy that has it, and the only one that has a sea opening is Brittany.

How close to the shore do you need to be to get access to books aboard a boat ?
Former Bishop of Waterford
Former Archbishop of Dublin

Dee_snider

MessagePosté le: Ven Fév 26, 2010 11:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Actually if there is one University that should have Metaphysics Γ, (Gamma) it would be the Artois University, because that is the default university at sea (at least from Ireland to Scotland it is). As an added bonus, you also have access to the Artois Duchy and County Fair - hehe.

Basically the entire ocean (at least the part I sailed) is linked to the Artois University in-game (once you board and the Captain sets sail) - this stays constant. The forums change from county to county and you have to be near the shore to "sail by" a county and see its forum. You can also synch your forum account and it will synch to France (Artois) for about an hour. After an hour it switches back to whichever county your ship is closest to (and the forums will auto-synch themselves to Artois by default if your ship sails out of range of any other counties).

Here is the route I sailed:
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/File:Booty-CillChaoi-Ardencaple.jpg

From Ireland to Scotland, I was able to see and post in Munster, Chonnacht, Galloway, Ayr, and finally Glasgow forums (in addition to the French forum whenever I synched or when the ship sailed out of range of the Irish and Scottish forums).

I tested the University while coming to Scotland from Ireland and here is what I observed:

Helpful advice for those attending the University while at sea (to get the most out of your studies):

1. You can only use the old version (V2) of RK to access the University: http://old.renaissancekingdoms.com/

2. It is yet unknown if you can teach from a boat. I doubt the French University would confirm anyone English/Scottish/Irish to teach from a boat though. Laughing

3. To access the Artois University forum class schedule, you have to resynch your forum account IG (Forum>Miscellaneous tab). Caveat emptor: just like the rest of RK, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If it synchs correctly, then go to:

Main Forum>Comté d'Artois>La gargote Artésienne>Announcement: [RP] L'université artésienne

The University Schedule is in French so if you can't read it, then use: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

4. Even though you synch, the forum will eventually switch back to whatever county you are closest to after an hour and the Artois University forum will disappear (so you'll need to synch again if you want to reach it).

5. You can take classes except on days that have new classes offered (Masonry, Seafaring, etc.). New classes conflict with the old version (V2) of RK and will close the University to those using V2 once they are confirmed by the rector (and thus you can't take any classes that day). You can still choose another option (consult books, look for new ideas) on those days, but you must make your choice before classes are confirmed (and the University closes).

6. Classes are usually confirmed by the rector around 11:00 a.m. (GMT +0:00). Check: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

7. You can consult books in the University Library. The books in the Artois University at the time I sailed (January 1458) were:

The Nicomachean Ethics: I - The Study of the Good - Aristotle - Greek"

8. You can self-study (improve your skills or work in your skill fields) while on a boat, but if you have any of the new classes in your list of skills at 0% or higher (Masonry, Seafaring, etc.), then you will be completely locked out of self-study altogether, because V2 conflicts with new classes.

9. Your list of skills will display correctly, but if your list is too long, it will get chopped off at the bottom.

10. You can look for new ideas. Remember that there is only a 1/13 chance that you will find something, though. Wink

*Remember that Artois county has over 1,600 residents and only 10 slots per day (5 per class) in the University, thus, classes fill up very quickly.

Happy studying and safe travels!

Wink
Josephus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 27, 2010 3:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

This is very informative Sir. Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

landrick

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 27, 2010 7:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Is my post not clear?

Britany have the methaphisic gamma and reading book is possible everytime (no competition)
I have a captain with a boat (lector) to travel to britany.
The travel will come the 10 of april from chard (somerset) to treguier (britany: the harbor will accept our boat).

Inform me in game if you are applicants to travel. Moreover lector is in ireland for the moment then contact him and he probably can transport you from ireland.

The boat will take 5 passengers => +/- 5.000 kg load

I negociate the price.

Moreover the two port are very near and I tghink that boat can do more than one travel. Most we will be to travel, better it will be
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 27, 2010 4:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

there is a regular boat that crosses from dover/hastings to calais. if you leave from dover it is a day trip across with fine weather. While it will take you some days to travel to read the book, you will get to see different goods on the market, possibly visit tastevin, and go on a large pilgrimage.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers: