L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

nngo and similiar
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
swampi

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 16, 2010 10:45 pm    Sujet du message: nngo and similiar Répondre en citant

i am a new priest with my first church in ardencaple, glasgow, scotland

i have recently been asked to do a baptism for a young fellow of the nngo wanting to marry his love, she is already baptized

his lady love is a friend of mine and he asked to be baptized so she could have the wedding of her choice and he would be ready

i have been told by someone else there is a sanction of sorts on nngo members and they cannot partake of church sacraments.
i have looked everywhere i know of and find no such info.

is this true that nngo are denied sacraments ?
also where would i find such listings for sanctioned groups such as them and is there a list of their individual names ?

thank you
mother swampi
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 16, 2010 11:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Reverand mother Swampi

The info given to you is Correct. NNGO is under anthema thus banned for recieving no churchly sacraments besides confession, what they can make.

Sactioned groups. Hmm
Currently I for sure can think of NNGO and WOS, but every criminal organisations is not good, I remember that One requierment to be baptised is not to belong to a criminal organisation.

Hope, that I answered your questions.
Koolike

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 12:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Apart from the fact that these groups are sanctioned, it seems to me unlikely that two persons ask to be baptized explicitly to be able to marry ... in my parish, the new pairs to be able to marry must have showed before that they are real faithful.

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 4:01 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Carolum a écrit:
Apart from the fact that these groups are sanctioned, it seems to me unlikely that two persons ask to be baptized explicitly to be able to marry ... in my parish, the new pairs to be able to marry must have showed before that they are real faithful.

i was married ig at one point.........
when we got married we had the baptisms as part of our wedding ceremomy Cool
i murdered him right after the kids were born that i was already pregnant for when we married

koolike101

..thx for u info
i do not understand tho the need for a clean record so to speak to be baptized
does not jah love all his children and baptism is the first step to him ?

i have a very wild past , ran whorehouses. aka the den of forbidden pleasures

i murdered my husband
the kids i gave birth too were not his
yet i still i found my way to jah and serve him
my clan raises my children for me
i now run mother swampi's soup kitchen

i was lucky to have a understanding priest for my friend to help me thru my troubled times
never once demeaning me for my problems but aiding me in the right path

also what is the point of confessing to religion u are not allowed to be baptized in.......Confused

and where might i find this original anthema stating as such?

ooc...u guys do realize this is a game right...........
in rl even the mafia is not denied the sacraments

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 4:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

"Mother Forbes you do indeed have a dark past, but so do many. The difference between you and the groups under sanction, such as the NNGO and WoS, is that you have repented whereas they continue their dark ways. If a person is to renounce their past deeds and leave their shadowy path then they can of course receive the sacraments, or even join the clergy as you have."

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 4:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

but flaith

the point i am trying to make is i was like that when i was baptized.

just because i did not belong to such a group made me better then them?

i still recieved the sacraments

u know the young couple i speak of. ......i believe u were her squire at one point if not still

another question i have also.......

why can a baby not be baptised if their parent is a criminal ?

what does it have to do with the innocent child?

and how is one to be deemed a criminal ?
just from the groups they associate with openly ?

do u know how many criminals there are out there with no groups affiliations?

or what of those that belong to these groups secretly ?

is there a list somewhere of these names for one to know who does belong ?

for all i know flaith
you could be one Shocked Shocked Shocked

just what is that secret secret group u been saying u joined in a secret place ? Rolling Eyes
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 5:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

swampi a écrit:
just because i did not belong to such a group made me better then them?

Not necessarily 'better' per se, but more 'compatible' to the life of the baptised faithful.

swampi a écrit:
why can a baby not be baptised if their parent is a criminal?

I child may be baptised regardless of the status of his parents. In fact being a criminal does not necessarily bar the parent from being baptised, or receiving any of the sacraments except ordination. However in the case of an heterodox parent, an Aristotelian godparent is required for the child baptism. The heterodox parent is not able to receive any sacraments. However he would be encouraged to give confession (even though he can not receive the absolution) for the possibility that it would strengthen him in a desire to enter the church.

swampi a écrit:
how is one to be deemed a criminal ?

A combination of methods. Being judged by a temporal, ecclesiastic, or religious court is sometimes one method of being deemed of criminal status. Also, yes membership in criminal organisations (both publicly and privately) are another method. In addition, a person may be deemed to have criminal status through certain administrative or extraordinary methods.

swampi a écrit:
is there a list somewhere of these names for one to know who does belong ?

There is such a list maintained by the inquisition for use by the bishops and the religious superiors.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Flaithbheartach

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 5:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

"I don't recall anyone here stating that the sacraments weren't to be granted to children with parents of criminal organizations. I think the child can be baptized provided, in accordance with canon law, there is an Aristotelian godparent present. Of course no one can know just what is in everyones heart, but the obstinate sinners are not true followers of Jah if they do not live by the teachings of his prophets, and how can one claim to be a good Aristotelian and thus partake in the benefits of the Aristotelian community if they live a lifestyle against those teachings?"

((ooc: Remember the RK wiki is OOC. But the group is a non-violent, non-criminal, secret organization dedicated to ensuring good quality in the community. Oh and thanks for reading my page in the wiki. Smile))

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 7:34 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
In fact being a criminal does not necessarily bar the parent from being baptised, or receiving any of the sacraments except ordination.

then what is the reasoning why such organizations are sanctioned so that their members cannot recieve sacraments ?

why cannot this young man be baptized if he wants?

Apocas a écrit:
Citation:
To All Aristotelian Faithful

The ESPC hereby declares that membership in the organisation that is known as the “NNGO” is forbidden to all Aristotelians. This violent group has formed an illicit alliance with the heretical group known as the “Wolves of Sherwood”. This association is contrary to the spirit of Aristotelian Friendship. If an Aristotelian freely joins this wrenched group and if he does not repent of this egregious fault, he shall be excommunicated.

Anathema is proclaimed from this day against all members of this organisation.

All members of this organisation have two weeks from this day to leave the NNGO and ask repentance to their parish priest.

Woe onto he that has entered on an evil path

Officially Proclaimed by Eminence Latan, Cardinal for Religious Affairs; 15 October, 1455

does this mean the only reason for an Anathema on the nngo is because they have some sort of loose ties with the wos who believe in a pagan god?

forgive me if i ask a lot of questions
i am just trying to understand the reasoning here

Latan a écrit:
Citation:
To All Aristotelian Faithfuls

The Episcopal Assembly desires that you should be aware that membership in the organisation that is known as the "Wolves of Sherwood" is forbidden to all Aristotelians. This loathsome group has publicly declared that one of it's goals is the forming of a heretic religion. If an Aristotelian freely joins this criminal band and if he does not repent of this egregious fault, he shall be excommunicated.

Anathema is proclaimed from this day against all members of this organisation.

All members of this organisation have two weeks from this day to leave the Wolves of Sherwood and ask repentence to their parish priest.

Woe onto he that has entered on an evil path

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 8:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mother Swampi, a person cannot just happen to be a member of a certain organization without adhering to their principles/purpose. If the young man you mentioned really desires to be baptized, he has to publicly denounce his allegiance with the NNGO.

Your questions are valid but you must also understand that it is impossible to give his allegiance to two conflicting beliefs. One will always be preferred over the other.

Swampi a écrit:
why cannot this young man be baptized if he wants?

How much does he wanted it?

Maybe you have to ask his true reason why he wanted to be baptized. Is it just for the purpose of fulfilling a requirement in order to have an Aristotelian wedding or because of a conviction that he really wanted to follow Jah and his teachings? Regardless of person's past, it is the purity of one's intentions that matters most.

Please don't feel that everyone here simply does not want the 'young man' to be baptized. On the contrary, it is our desire to bring him to the fold. But with the right intentions and through the right process. You know the candidate first hand. You will be able to judge if his desire to be an Aristotelian is sincere.

From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks
[Cardinal Deacon of the British Consistory][Bishop In Partibus of Hieron][Primate of the British Isles][Parish Priest of Kendal]
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 9:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As I stated before the young man can always confess, and then after penance if he has killed (NOT in the straightest meaning) all the connections what tie him to anykind of criminal organisation he may then be baptized.

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 1:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

hello josephus. it is nice to see u again.

forgive me for being persistant here in info on the nngo itself

arden is where they currently base their home even tho most are at the dealings going on in carlisle, so u can understand my concerns for them as a whole
i believe you are in carlisle atm, are u not ? you must spend time in the taverns there to have a first hand knowledge on the individuals in this group

Citation:
does this mean the only reason for an Anathema on the nngo is because they have some sort of loose ties with the wos who believe in a pagan god?

how does belonging to nngo automatically make u a wos pagan by association ?

we have a few self proclaimed wytches in scotland, does being a friend or having some sort of contact with them, make u one?
if one in your clan is a criminal in the nngo , does that make all clan members criminals thus wos pagans by association , so that no one in the clan could recieve sacraments ?

am i right in assuming that basically, all nngo are sinners regardless of whatever crimes they may or may not have commited. And the urac have decided that although their faith is the only true faith, they will encourage nngo and all "criminals" to further sin, by forcing them to get marriages that are not deemed equal in their eyes, and not have any sacraments because they befriend a pagan organization ?

i am befriending nngo members .... does that make me guilty too of worshiping loki Shocked Shocked

also
this blacklist that is made of them? just how accurate is it and who took it upon themselves to make it?
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 2:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

swampi a écrit:
does belonging to nngo automatically make u a wos pagan by association ?

It does not make one a pagan necessarily. However it does make one heterodox.

swampi a écrit:
we have a few self proclaimed wytches in scotland, does being a friend or having some sort of contact with them, make u one?

It would depend upon the nature of the contact.

swampi a écrit:
if one in your clan is a criminal in the nngo , does that make all clan members criminals thus wos pagans by association , so that no one in the clan could recieve sacraments ?

No, generally a decree of anathema is done for voluntary association and support. The association of the clan is of a familial nature, as such is not per se a voluntary association. Though there certain exceptions dependent upon certain conditions.

swampi a écrit:
am i right in assuming that basically, all nngo are sinners regardless of whatever crimes they may or may not have commited.

Yes, as are all other human beings above the age of reason.

swampi a écrit:
nngo and all "criminals

Again remember that to be designated a 'criminal' is not to be synonymous with being designated an 'heterodox'. The 'criminal' is generally only barred from ordination. Of course particular circumstances may require other restrictions.

swampi a écrit:
by forcing them to get marriages that are not deemed equal

All men have Free Will. Like the Almighty, the Church does not force anyone to do anything against his will. Each of us must make our own choices in life; and therefore we are accountable for our own choices.

swampi a écrit:
befriend a pagan organization ?

To rob, to assault, to torture, to murder, and to blaspheme on behalf of pagan organisations, are matters different than to 'befriend'.

swampi a écrit:
i am befriending nngo members .... does that make me guilty

It would depend upon the nature of what it is you mean by 'befriend'.

swampi a écrit:
this blacklist that is made of them? just how accurate is it and who took it upon themselves to make it?

The list is collected and maintained by the inquisition. The list is composed and amended after extensive investigation by the members of the inquisition and its agents. In the majority of cases public confession of heterodoxy by the person themselves is the main way in which names are added to the list.
swampi

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 5:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

i serve on the glasgow cc here
i have been requested to ask a question of this body

Silenus a écrit:
more out of curriosity, than because it would bother me being excomic(sp?) - can you check if this organization is on URACs list too?
[hrp] The Grove of the Old Faiths
For those who follow the Paths of the Ancient Religions [/hrp]

where can i get a list of the "bad" organizations around ?
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 5:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

swampi a écrit:
where can i get a list of the "bad" organizations around ?

The possibly non-obvious ones, are generally announced. Those being the two of which you previously mentioned and any subsidiary organisations. Also as assumed, all non-Aristotelian 'spiritual' groups, are anathematised.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
Page 1 sur 3

Sauter vers: