L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Giving the Last Rites

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Deekay

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 02, 2011 1:59 pm    Sujet du message: Giving the Last Rites Répondre en citant

I recently had to administer the Last Rites at short notice. I couldn't find anything, so I produced this.

I thought it worth posting for comment.

Deekay a écrit:

The priest reached into his pack, and produced a small flask of holy oil. He dripped a few drops onto X's forehead. Then he knelt and spoke to X, taking one hand.

"Mighty Jah, who is a strong tower to all that put their trust in him, be now and forever your defence. There is no other in who and through who you will receive salvation. Into Jah's gracious mercy and protection I commit you. May Jah bless you and keep you, and shine his face on you. May Jah give you peace.

Father Jah, our help in time of need, I ask you to give comfort to your servant X lying under your hand in great weakness of body. Look graciously on him, and the more the body decays, I beg you to strengthen him with your grace. Give him repentance for the errors of his life, that his sins may be forgiven, before he leaves this life. Help him prepare for his departure, and give him a place in your kingdom.

Lord X, you believe in the Holy Roman Aristotelian Church, in the communion of Saints, in the remission of sins and in Eternal Life.

In the name of Aristotle, Jah, and his Divine Image, Christos, I pray for your peace as you take your next step on the path to paradise.

Amen."

He looked at Lord X. He was peaceful, now. Perhaps he had passed already.

He brushed a tear from his eye with his free hand, realising that this was the first time he had administered the last rites. He stood to kiss X on the forehead, and then resumed his position, kneeling at the bedside.

Priest Lichfield
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Leopold
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 02, 2011 4:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I believe that canonically speaking the "Last Rites" don't exist. It is simply a "blessing of the dying" or "annointment of the sick". Canonically speaking the only rites (sacraments) that exist are: baptism, wedding, ordination, confession and the funeral.

But, every priest can make a blessing, so no problem as it seems. And it's a very nice text indeed.

May the Almighty Father guide in your pastoral work!

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 03, 2011 10:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

My thanks for your comments, your Grace

Priest Lichfield
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Leopold
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 03, 2011 11:39 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Your Grace? Please, call me brother, father. Smile
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: