L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Question: Marriage dissolution

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Aishling O'Niall

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 13, 2011 10:40 pm    Sujet du message: Question: Marriage dissolution Répondre en citant

I am making an inquiry about the dissolution of marriages. A marriage that was blessed by a deacon but not celebrated within the church, does it need a litigious cancellation of the sacrament for the marriage to be dissolved?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Darienbalintyne
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 14, 2011 2:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Was the marriage a formal marriage as per the church guidelines or was it a simple "hand joining" ceremony that was not ratified by the church?

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

My reply to that question when I asked it was "The marriage was a service led by a deacon, not a URAC marriage, so probably best defined as a civil service with a blessing."

This person would feel more comfortable with litigious cancellation. The question then becomes since it was not an official URAC marriage but one blessed by a deacon could they have that? I assume it wouldn't be necessary but I believe this person feels the need of it.
Jeanette_voerman
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 15, 2011 4:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Aren't Deacons part of URAC's clergy and hence the marriage in this case is actually official?....

What do you mean by blessed, but not celebrated?...

Jeanette
Aishling O'Niall

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 15, 2011 6:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'm going to hazard a guess here but I believe that to mean that there were no wedding banns placed in a church. The wedding wasn't in a church, there was no registration of the marriage within the church, things like that. I also don't believe either of the partners in the marriage were ever baptized although certainly one is a believer and has made inquiries about baptism.
Jeanette_voerman
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 15, 2011 8:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hmm... but doesn't this mean that this wedding is not recognised by Church, since you do need to be baptsed to receive this sacrament?
Which would mean it is up to the couple to stay together or not Wink

Jeanette
Aishling O'Niall

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 15, 2011 9:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Isn't it always up to the couple? This situation isn't that the couple don't wish to be together, it's that one of them is.... has a malady which has the one incapable of even recognizing the other or really anyone.
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 15, 2011 10:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

OOC:

I've been watching this post for a while but I'm missing something so I'll ask

1. Is it a RP marriage?

What do you mean by was blessed but not celebrated?

If there is a doctorinical error and the church does not recognize the marriage then there never was one so there is nothing to disolve, I'm sorry for answring OOC-ly but I'm not getting this very so Excuse me.

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 16, 2011 12:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

ooc: It was an rp marriage and I have no idea what the person means by blessed but not celebrated. I'm assuming that the marriage had a deacons blessing but wasn't celebrated in a church. Most likely a civil service and I can guess that it wouldn't be an official URAC wedding in that case and therefore wouldn't need the church to dissolve it. What I'd like to know is could it be anyway as we're trying to get some church type rp going here in Ireland :D
Darienbalintyne
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 16, 2011 3:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Based on what has been said here I am of the opinion that the couple do not require a disolution of the marriage as it is not recognised by the Church.

Given the wedding was not endorsed by the Church I would suggest advising the couple that they could simply "just walk away" as I don't believe the Church should be giving an official dissolution to a marriage that was never official to begin with.

Darien a écrit:
I suppose a bigger question that I see as arising from this situation is the fact that an appointed Deacon of the Church has officiated at a unofficial ceremony not following Church guidelines or not an endorsed ceremony and I wonder if that is an issue or not?

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 16, 2011 3:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I wouldn't think it was an issue as long as the person involved had stated that it wasn't a URAC service and they weren't acting on the churches behalf.

ooc: eg. My character is also the Chancellor of an Embassy who could be asked to marry someone. Or maybe they were a mayor, ships captain etc. but they also happened to be a deacon.
Darienbalintyne
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 16, 2011 7:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Aishling a écrit:
I wouldn't think it was an issue as long as the person involved had stated that it wasn't a URAC service and they weren't acting on the churches behalf.

Fair enough answer, but then we come back to the question of whether it is a recognised marriage by the Church and that would likely be a negative answer in which case no official disolution of said marriage would be required.

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 16, 2011 3:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Not required, this is true but could it be done anyway to give the man a sense of peace? Would it be very wrong to do that or would it perhaps encourage more here in Ireland toward the church? Those who flit from person to person like a bee looking for honey would be glad to not be required to do such a thing but this man is far from that kind of man.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: