L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Whether England needs a potential priest or not.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Iustinianus

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 27, 2011 4:21 pm    Sujet du message: Whether England needs a potential priest or not. Répondre en citant

Your Eminences and Excellencies,

greetings, I am Iustinianus, a humble traveller, whose continuous errands have caused to begin questioning the meaning of life and the goal towards whom humanity constantly races, in an attempt to secure material needs rather than contemplate the perfection of the Universe that the Highest One has granted us. After a life of useless and pointless acts, I have decided to join the Holy Church, in order to preach to the masses and show the grace of those saintly deeds we should all strive to accomplish. I know that my words may sound suspicious and that it may look like I am simply delirious, but I would truly like to help our holy cause.

Pax sit Vobiscum

Iustinianus
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 27, 2011 11:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The cardinal hears a stranger to himself speaking, he has not seen that man before, but in the house of our lord all are equal

"Welcome, my child, you've found the path to our lord most high!
I understand your wish, but I am a little concerned about your spiritual life. You see, a man of cloth is a shepard of the sheep of our lord. It's not a mere challenge it's a vocation!

While I do not question your purposes, I know that our lord works in many ways and maybe it's his wish that you'd one day become the pope! For now I'd suggsest you to read the holy scriptures, join the seminary and nuture in your spirit.

We, cardinals, bishops of the mother church accept you with opened arms and want to see you grow in spirit.

If you posess questions ask! If there is a way I can help, tell me. I am at your service as the shepard of our lord"

Koolike blesses the good child and waits for him to speak

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 28, 2011 12:35 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Iustinianus heard someone speaking to him and turned in order to see his interlocutor; initially he failed to recognize him but, as he observed the colour of his vests and his headgear, he understood that he was speaking to a Cardinal. He listened attentively and, as the High Prelate concluded, he humbly answered:

Your Eminence, it is a honour for me to speak with you, since your words are of particular significance, as the Lord most High has granted you the possibility to work in His name for the benefit of your spirit and your flock of sheep. Thus, I trust you more thank I would trust myself and I will agree to any act you will tell me to accomplish.

In truth, your Eminence, I actually do know something of the Holy Scriptures as, during my many voyages, I have met several wise and learned men who have taught me the bases of our religion and reinforced my faith within my spirit. However, I do understand that it is rather difficult to believe a stranger who pronounces these words (and I admit that I would not trust myself if I were in your shoes) and I am ready to sit an examination if you deem it necessary. I ignore whether structures dedicated to the education of religious pupils exist, but I would be more than ready to study and instruct my soul.

Furthermore, I please ask you to forgive me if, while speaking, I have offended you or I have been disrespectful, but, unfortunately, English is not my mother tongue and, from time to time, I seem more brusque than I intend to be.

Your Eminence, I am at your complete disposal, tell me what would be best for my spirit and for the Holy Church; that I will do."

Having said this, Iustinianus knelt in front of the Cardinal and waited for an answer.
Darienbalintyne
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 28, 2011 12:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bishop Darien had watched this man conversing with his Emminence Koolike, he was close enough to hear the words of both men and he smiled and nodded his head at what both men were saying, his heart felt light at how Jah impacted on people and edging closer he felt obliged to also speak.

Nodding at his Emminence he put his hand on the kneeling man's shoulder and said "please rise son, it gladdens my heart to hear you speak such of serving the holy church and the community, our way can be challenging at times but offers the most wonderful rewards when we see members of the flock grow, achieve and develop into beautiful servants of Jah, wonderful family people and community members, such is our life serving and while we may not be rich in possessions we are far richer in spirit and rewarded on judgement day.

Fear not that language may restrict you cause the holy church accepts difference and we would not be serving Jah as per his teachings if we discriminated due to difference be it age, sex, colour, race, language and so on. The Aristote religion accepts people of all corners of the globe and offers all opportunity who would reachy out and grab it.

If you wish, I would be willing to mentor you and offer you opportunity as you grow in your life of service in the holy church. The choice is yours but your journey has already started and how it proceeds is your decision to make".

The Bishop went silent and smiled at the man, he wished to hear more so he waited patiently to see if the man would respond or perhaps his Emminence would speak after being rudely interrupted by the Bishop's eavesdropping.

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 28, 2011 8:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As he knelt, Iustinianus perceived the soft noise of feet treading the floor and understood that somebody else was nearby. After a few moments, he felt a hand on his shoulder and he heard a voice exhorting him to rise.

The traveller did, in fact, rise and pay attention to what the man, whom he recognized as a Bishop, was saying. After the latter had concluded, Iustinianus remained silent for some time before opening his mouth to speak:

Your Excellence, it is an honour for me to hear similar kind words, ad I have seldom been graced with such generosity in my entire existence. Apparently, the High One has decreed that I shall be his servant, as I can see non other reason for all this.

As I have aforementioned, I have never felt the pleasure of teaching, the pleasure of showing the right path to those who have averted their gaze form the light, to those who have shed their virtue in order to obtain earthly gains. I have, however, experienced the joy of learning and the joy of discovering what previously was covered by layers of obscurity. I thus am ready to enhance my knowledge and to apprehend whatever you may want to teach me.

I would be honoured to become your disciple, Your Excellence, if His Eminence grants us his
placet ,of course. You have, in fact, spoken correctly: my journey has indeed started the moment I entered this rooms asking for the possibility to work in the name of the Holy Church. Please do tell me what I should do and how I should act.

He then stood silent, waiting calmly for Cardinal or for the Bishop to express their opinion on their matter.
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 28, 2011 10:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Koolike gave a slight nod to Darienbalintyne as he approached them both. He heared the opinions of the two sides, fell into a silent tought and then spoke.

"I think both your and Father Darienbalintyne have much to learn from one and other, thus I can't have anything against this mentor and disciple relationship."

The cardinal made a quick stop and continued

"My child, I must tell you that becoming a priest is not a one day effort, it's a constant struggle and a road towards better knowing yourself, others and our lord.

The first step in this all is to get baptised that allows all other sacraments to be recieved.

Then a religious seminary has to be passed (If you have passed another one, good if not then our Rector SE Josephus will gladly help you along the way)

And then it's all about learning either in deaconhood or at the hand of a bishop like SE Darienbalintyne.

Finally you'll be annointed a priest yourself."

The cardinal made yet another stopped as he continued

"A road towards becoming a priest is hard and requires efforts yet in many ways it's rewarding! Now don't think that I do not trust you and that I do not take your words sincear, as my child, I trust all people! As a shepard I trust all my flock as I would trust myself."

The cardinal stopped to wait for the reply of his colleague and the young yet promising child of Jah
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 29, 2011 12:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Bishop listened to his Emminence speak and he nodded his head and after a pause he spoke once more towards Iustinianus "Cardinal Koolike speaks wisely of the journey to Priesthood which is challenging and at the same time rewarding, each step leads to the next and your base grows as the journey continues and you will have the support of the people around you to address any questions you may have.

The fact you are here discussing your dreams of a life in service to our holy church is a good platform to start from, I can promise an interesting journey ahead with many challenges but tempered with the most wonderful joy's, such is our lives and reflection on each and every challenge brings us closer to our god and thus makes us better practitioners to the communities we serve.

It is now up to you to decide what, how, why and when your journey begins if indeed it is to begin, that is your decision alone to make and all that entails, reflect on what we have spoken of today and look deep inside yourself and I am sure Jah will shine a light through you and lead you to your decision that gives you peace of mind and fulfillment on your future journey".

The Bishop again went silent to allow Iustinianus to ponder and perhaps reply to his words.

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 30, 2011 3:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

nods....

"Precisely" he hummed as he walked by the chatting crowd

English Ambassador to the Holy See | Chancellor of the Reformed Church| Metropolitan Archbishop of York
Iustinianus

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 02, 2011 12:41 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Iustinianus did indeed ponder for a while after the two High prelates had finished speaking. A decision had to be taken and it surely was not easy; in fact, the traveller was not doubtful in regards to life as a clergyman, as he knew that it was his precise duty, to whom his Lord had assigned him. He was, however, fearful that the High One could have tasked him with something that was by far over him. Was he indeed worthy of carrying such a heavy and difficult burden? Was he apt for preaching and for being an "exemplum" of faith and of wisdom?

As the two clergymen stared at him, waiting for an answer, Iustinianus looked upwards, through the romanesque vaulting above his head (which was per se quite interesting, the architect had been quite good…), up to the realm of God, to the Solar Paradise, where the souls of those who had been good in life can be found. He contemplated the beauty of such a vision for few seconds and considered his role in the Universe. He was small, immensely small, ridiculous compared to the Universe that the High One had created, compared to the concentric circles that regulated the harmony of the "Mundus", as somebody before him had already stated with greater effect.

He then spoke:

Your Eminence, Your Excellence,

I cannot say whether God has truly graced me with the understanding of my own role in our World and whether I am truly fated to operate as his servant in such a fashion. I know what he wants me to do, but I ignore how he wants me to do it. I am like a captain who, aboard his ship, must decide the route that will take him to his goal. Which way should I follow? The Nameless Creature spreads evil and corruption amongst mankind and often we are powerless against it. Why does God allow this to take place? It is duty of the good to understand it and to conduct a reflection of theodicy that will finally allow man to reach moral integrity and rectitude.

I ignore whether I am worthy or not of joining the Church of the High One as one of its ministers, but I feel that the only way to save my ship and its passengers is this, notwithstanding the fact that I myself might perish in the storm. "O navis, referent in mare te novi fluctus. O quid agis? Fortiter occupa portum."

I am ready to act as you say. Please tell me where I can find the seminary you have spoken of and I will nourish my soul with His divine word. I will accept any test or trial you may want me to face, in His name and for His glory.
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 04, 2011 12:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

You must excuse me for my tardiness, good child.

The seminary can be found here.

After you've completed your seminary I will leave everything else up to Mgnr Darienbalintyne who will oversee where it would be best to have you.

By the grace of jah go forth my child, nourish your soul and become a beacon of light!
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 04, 2011 12:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Bishop smiles and nods his head at his Emminence Koolike's words, he would be only to happy to guide this man in his vocation.

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 04, 2011 3:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Your Eminence, you do not have to ask me to excuse you, as I know that you must face innumerable complex situations as a Cardinal and that your devotion is source of bliss for those who have faith.

However, I seem to be unable to find my way in these corridors which seem to endlessly wind in several directions, could you please give me another set of indications to reach the seminary?

[RP OFF:] My computer does not recognize the link you have provided as it leads me back to this post. Is the seminary an external forum or is it here? [RP ON]
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 04, 2011 4:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ahh, of course!

Time has not been mercyful with me! Senility wins, it always does!

Here is the correct way

[HRP/OOC]It's here in rome I accidently gave the reply I don't even know why, anways all is OK now[HRP/OOC]

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 05, 2011 12:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank-you Your Eminence. You have been extremely courteous to me and I am sure that the High One has noticed the purity and the kindness of your acts.

May the Lord Bless us all.

As he finished speaking, Iustinianus knelt in front of the Cardinal and the Bishop and began walking towards the Seminary.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: