L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Rules and regulations of marriages

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Oliver_westcott

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 07, 2012 12:13 pm    Sujet du message: Rules and regulations of marriages Répondre en citant

I have a few questions. If one person in a couple lives in Lewes (Sussex)and one in Sterling (Scotland) is it ok for the wedding to take place in Lewes church (RP in Glen) if both have posted the banns in their resepctive home towns even if they state they will both reside in Scotland after the wedding?

I guess next question comes when i have the answer for this one.

Thanks in advance.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 07, 2012 2:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

OOC
Probably no truthful reason why not if baptism & banns are done correctly but I would not marry them on the grounds of unrealistic RP. We stretch thing as it is but we are talking different countries. if we allowed this do we allow English - Irish couples & the list goes on. There has to be a point when we say no but in truth others may think differently and each Bishop/Priest differently!

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Oliver_westcott

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 07, 2012 4:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

hmm, interesting point.

Should i suggest that the bride to be moves to Scotland first, so that they may act as future man and wife ((living in the same place etc) and that then they request a priest/bishop marries them in Scotland?
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 07, 2012 8:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

OOC I would suggest this better RP but in truth the same Country or County would help. I thought the groom normally travels to the Bride Laughing

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
Oliver_westcott

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 07, 2012 8:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

ooc: Then i shall tell the chap to come and get his bride!
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 08, 2012 1:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

in game marriages have to be in the same town from memory.

i wouldn't roleplay something different

latan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 08, 2012 1:26 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

i agree (both RP and IG)
Serdan

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 08, 2012 10:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As the 'chap' in question. The marriage is between two old families, one Scottish, and one English. The 'lass' is planning on moving to Scotland in the coming weeks. (I dont blame her, its the best kingdom in the game). And as for poor RP?...not really sure what you mean by that. I will try not to take offense to your statement.

Anywho Its nothing new to the game, marrying across borders. I do not fully understand the issue.
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 09, 2012 12:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I answered OOC and as I did not know who was being talked about so I could hardly be offensive.

I’ve RP’d a member of clergy for 6 years now & its up to individuals how they try to RP in a RP game. I try although I admit its not always possible to RP within the town I’m in IG or the town next door. So for example if I’m personally asked to baptise someone or marry them I travel IG to where they are at my own cost & time. When I’m at sea on a ship I won’t RP in a town or attend a funeral or coronation for example.

So for me personally I would not marry two people currently living so far away IG but its just my personal choice it doesn’t mean it cannot happen if someone else agrees. As for a Scotsman & English lady marrying I think it’s great.

So please do not take offence as to how some clergy RP in a RP game we all have different ways of doing things. For me since the forums opened up to make these RP’s more easier they have ruined RP in the town forums but again that’s a personal opinion.

Oliver_westcott

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 09, 2012 11:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

ooc: When i came here to Rome to attend the seminary, my rp stopped elsewhere and once completed i opened my home thread and "came home frome Rome" in the RP. I'm extremeley ocd on details in rp and can spend ages trying to find the right substance used in dish washing soap to getting pictures to aid description that must look 15th Century. I have spoken to the bride and she understood my explanation, i also suggested she could try asking another member of the church to perform the ceremony as not all will feel as i do.

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 09, 2012 9:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

ooc: Woah, let me put "OOC" in front of my post, that way everythings okay. Rolling Eyes

Seriously though, shame on those of you who refuse to do such a wedding. I'm greatful that the scottish clergy have a pair.
Oliver_westcott

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 09, 2012 9:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am glad that you have found someone to do the ceremony, congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: