L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Preaching
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
leanasidhe

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 18, 2007 4:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

latan a écrit:
Citation:
I know that I can preach as a nonpriest, but my beliefs are not high enough. Sad I don't have an absolute belief in anything yet. Sad

You've got to read books to achieve such level of belief.

I have been reading. We only have two books in Stafford and I can't leave the county. Sad

Maybe someday, Jah willing!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dainsleif

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 12, 2007 3:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
You have to wait 3 days more.

When I try to preach I got this message, well actually I got it before too, but then it was 9 days. (Forgot to ask before)

My question is - why? Because I moved to colony?
invisible007
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 12, 2007 6:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It's the first time I hear that, I can't help you.
RumD

Localisation: Bishop of Chester Diocese, Prior General of Grimsby Frithelstock Abbey

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 24, 2007 7:48 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

This is my first shot at preaching today.

I am preaching at the Market on Beauty. I borrowed Invisible007 sermon on beauty and added a little;

Citation:
Contemplated with a pure soul, the beauty speaks directly to the heart, and elevates it from the surprise to the delight, from the admiration to the gratitude, from happiness to contemplation.

It creates a breeding ground for the listening and the dialogue, because it helps to understand the man in his whole, the spirit and the heart,
Intelligence and reason, creative capacity and imagination.

The way of the beauty answers the intimate desire of happiness which lives in the heart of all the men. It opens infinite horizons which prompts the human being to go beyond, it prompts the routine and the ephemeral moment which spends, to open in the Transcendental and in the Mystery, to wish, as ultimate purpose of its desire of happiness and its absolute nostalgia, this primordial Beauty whom is God himself, Creator of all beautiful created things.

Aristotle taught us there are nearly 1800 years complex doctrines, of which the goal is to anchor us in the Good, the Beautiful, and the Truth. This anchoring is done by the contemplation of the eternal beauty of God, and by the transcription of this beauty in everyday things.

Cross your fingers. Surprised
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 24, 2007 6:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'm pleased to see my Priest following my lead Laughing

I to am preching on the same theme although it is more of a message than a Preach to the people of Winchester.

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
RumD

Localisation: Bishop of Chester Diocese, Prior General of Grimsby Frithelstock Abbey

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 25, 2007 5:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Here is the result:

Your preaching enables the people to learn the truth (+684 PVD).

So is this good or bad for a full day of preaching at the market?
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 25, 2007 10:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

RumD a écrit:
Here is the result:

Your preaching enables the people to learn the truth (+684 PVD).

So is this good or bad for a full day of preaching at the market?

For the first time it's not bad, not bad at all. Smile

As you learn more skills and become more convinced on beliefs, you can gain thousands a day.
invisible007
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 28, 2007 3:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

syounger a écrit:
I'm pleased to see my Priest following my lead Laughing

Me too syounger Smile

I think that we must develop this, and ask to all the members of the clergy who have responsabilities (OOC the level 3 of the church way, it's enough)
to preach in order to carry the word of Jah and perhaps this will allow to change people's mentality towards us.
This will be a job in parallel with the Seminary.
Dainsleif

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 28, 2007 4:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

In Appleby:
21-12-2007 04:33 : Your preaching enables the people to learn the truth (+240 PVD).
In Penrith:
28-12-2007 04:26 : Your preaching enables the people to learn the truth (+440 PVD).

Penrith has obviously more lv2-s.

I lack 2 skills necessary for maximum conviction. Plus I should develop more stock sermons on Almighty.

As for the Ideas I have only one currently. If I play my cards right and get 65%+ in Modern languages I could get all the Ideas at maximum. But its going to require me to make a very long trip to Wiltshire. 25 days or more if I want to take courses too.
leanasidhe

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 29, 2007 6:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I wouldn't mind preaching but I still can't preach as I don't have any beliefs at 100%, although I am a "good believer."

My transcendental menu:
Citation:
Your ideas:
It seems reasonable to you to say that the Holy Being is Almighty.

It doesn't seem insane to you to pretend that things are copies of Ideas.

It doesn't seem insane to you to pretend that the wise man must take part in the life of the City.

It doesn't seem insane to you to pretend that sensible beauty is an image of Eternal Beauty that any Soul has already contemplated once.

A strange idea sometimes comes to your mind without convincing you completely: metaphysics is the study of first principles.

My skills:
Citation:
Master of Latin: 74%
Mastery of ancient Greek: 95%
Mastery of modern languages: 46%

The Roman Church: organisation and history : 100 %
Aristotle's Moral Principles : 100 %
The Good : 100 %
Virtue : 26 %
Temperance : 50 %
Logic : 100 %
The sense of being : 100 %
The beginning of the world : 100 %

Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 29, 2007 10:39 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

leanasidhe a écrit:
I wouldn't mind preaching but I still can't preach as I don't have any beliefs at 100%, although I am a "good believer."

You don't need 100% (its just recommended). You only need 70% to preach (though there is a risk of no return).

Citation:
My transcendental menu:
Your ideas:

You should be able to preach on this.
Dainsleif

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 29, 2007 1:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Apocas a écrit:
leanasidhe a écrit:

You don't need 100% (its just recommended). You only need 70% to preach (though there is a risk of no return).

Citation:
My transcendental menu:
Your ideas:

You should be able to preach on this.

This would be 80%. 79% is maximum that one can get from listening someone preach. Thus it is required to read a book in order to preach yourself.
leanasidhe

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 29, 2007 6:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

All I know it that I can't preach. Every time that I've tried, it's said that I don't have anything that I'm sure about.
invisible007
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 30, 2007 12:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dainsleif is right.
In order to preach you must read a - appropriate - book.
So you have to travel Leana Confused

OOC : Our way is a difficult way ... we have a lot of skills to learn, to travel, to preach, to have responsabilities ... but it's also charm Smile
leanasidhe

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 30, 2007 10:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

In a couple of months then. Smile

I'll be able to travel once I retire from political life...this term is my last one. Smile GeorgeSilver and I are going to take a pilgrimage to the southern counties to do some learning then.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
Page 4 sur 5

Sauter vers: