L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Quest for Information

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Zankumo

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 10, 2014 12:34 am    Sujet du message: Quest for Information Répondre en citant

Zan cautiously walks into the church entryway. As a new clergy of the AAC, and with the relations between England and Ireland at the moment. he wasn't sure how welcome he would be. Not immediately seeing anyone to help him with his questions, he decided to call out.

"Ah.. hello? I was hoping someone could guide me to where I could find some information.

With the recent discussions on the CA's Anathema, I was wondering if there might be some documentation I could peruse for more information on it? Being in the targeted area, a clergyman, and a scholar I'd love to find out more about it."

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 10, 2014 12:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

On her way from the Library, Cat heard the call of hello and went to see who was there.

"Hi there! May I ask the type of documentation yer seeking beyond the annoucement of anathema? I'm Cat Mackenzie, nay one of authority here, just a priest, but I know that the corridors here can be a bit of a maze. I still get lost meself as I dinnae speak french that well but I might be able to point ye in the right direction."
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Zankumo

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 10, 2014 2:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Zan bowed to the helpful priest.

My name is Zan of the Clouds. Pleased to meet you. Really, I'd like to see any and all documentation available on it. So far, all I've heard is hearsay, and all I've seen is a tattered copy of a copy of Eminence Darien Balintyne's proclamation. And well.. when copies are copied.. things happen and it's not quite the same anymore. I'd prefer originals, but I know those are usually protected, so if that isn't possible I'd at least like to see a direct copy of any documentation available."

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 10, 2014 6:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Catriona listened with a small frown, knowing that she didn't have access to anything that might help Zan. When she was bothered enough to find out what the Church was proclaiming on a particular day she tended to just use the national offices. She gave a low whistle and slowly nodded her head.

"Originals, ye say? Well I think ye'll have to go ask the Roman Curie for that direct. They may be able to rustle up a copy of original documents for ye."

She smiled a little sympathetically. "Although ye'll likely be in for a wait. Do ye speak french? I've gathered from those who've complained about the bureaucracy here that requests and such are usually dealt with faster if ye do."

She pondered some more and then added, "There's also loads of announcements made over in Aristote's Square but ye have to wade through all the announcements of appointments to this, that and the other. Mostly in French or Italian, but occasionally they'll have an English version up. But given that yer likely to be waiting to hear back from the Curie, ye'll have time on yer hands."

She grinned and shrugged. After all, the bureaucracy of the Church had always been a mystery to her. Perhaps this fellow would have the patience though if he was a scholar.

"But if I see a cardinal pass through here, they may be more helpful so I'll point them yer way."

She paused a moment and then ventured a little wistfully, "So how are things in Ireland these days?"
Zankumo

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 11, 2014 6:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Zan looked up at the ceiling and mused.
"Finding the answers is never so simple. But everyone has a piece of them; the trick is finding them and putting them together."
Turning back to Cat he smiled.
"Thank you for your help. I'll do as you suggest and petition the Curie. My French is... lacking.. but I might be able to convince a translator I know to assist me. And this Aristotle's Square has my interest piqued. I think I'll check it out before sitting down to pen the letter."

With that he bowed and headed in the direction she had indicated.

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 12, 2014 11:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

"Nay worries, and good luck in yer search," she replied. "Jah's blessings!"

She watched him go and then remembered the text that she had copied out from the Library on a bit of rolled up paper - a particularly fascinating piece that had recently entered the dogma, and thinking more on that, she left.
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 14, 2014 3:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Welcome Zankumo.

I hope you wish to join us here.

If you wish to learn more about the aristotelian faith than I suggest you seek our seminary

http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewforum.php?f=217

where you can be tested and assessed on our faith.

Arguments of the curia, and discussions are normally held secretly.
As an example I know little of the ways of war, but I don't think a war council would allow one of their members to announce that an attack would take place at dawn on x date.

The same as State Councils will not often disclose who supported or opposed the tarriffs on goods.

Once a decision is made than all curia support it. To publicly say otherwise is wrong and diminishes the faith.

We are in the era Known as the "renewal of the faith". It is during this time that Church has assembled and conglomerated all the dogma from various regions, and validated their merits.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Zankumo

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 16, 2014 3:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Zan was stopped by Teagan, so he decided to what was said.

Zan nodded
"Yes. I understand. I'm not questioning who voted what or hunting for transcripts... well.. actually I wouldn't exactly mind those, but I wasn't expecting to see them. Mostly what I'm looking for is the documentation that might be public. Such as the original petition against the CA or NNGO, or the proclamation of anathema, or the Curia's agreed decision, or any other documents that might fill in the blanks.
"As I told Priestess Cat, I've only heard word-of-mouth on the anathema. For all I know on official word, it might not even exist.

"As for joining you, it isn't likely to happen. After all, I'm from Ireland, a citizen of Cuige Chonnacht, which in turn is a part of the CA. Which also means I've been targeted by this anathema that I know nothing about. Aside from that, I'm baptised in the faith of the AAC, so I'm not really looking to join up.
"I'll try to keep an open mind, however. After all, he who is closed minded and set in his ways cannot see the truth in front of him."

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: