L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

On the Position of the Pope

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 23, 2014 4:00 pm    Sujet du message: On the Position of the Pope Répondre en citant

Hi Teagan

I found the new article in Reference Works - On the Position of the Pope - to be a very interesting read. May I request that a version is added to it that includes the method of calligraphy style for ease of copying it and carrying it beyond these walls?

((ooc: I'd love to repost it elsewhere but need a version that has the formatting! thx))
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 23, 2014 6:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

technically - I shouldn't have published it yet.

in a few days it will be ok, and i will post on forum 1.

I'll send code then.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 24, 2014 2:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Smashing Smile Thanks Teagan!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 24, 2014 3:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

votes are in.

will publish on forum 1

even I have used to have trouble formatting, but I now have proper access to the chambers and can copy code.
still a pain, as copying french/spanish code still produces errors!

Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 24, 2014 4:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Code:
[quote]
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/igniusv/allargassatdogma.gif[/img]

[b][size=18][color=orange]The Pope[/color][/size][/b]

The Pope is the head of the Aristotelian Church.  He has on it a higher power because he is God's vicar on earth, and as such, is not accountable to anybody on earth.  It is in his powers to make or break anything that can be done or undone in the Church.  He may also oppose any discretionary action of a clerk or a group of clerics.

However, does it mean that the Pope has unlimited power over the Church?  To answer these questions of the schismatics who deny the rights of the Pope to lead the Church, we first must discuss the philosophy and reason behind the nature of the Pope's authority.

[b]I) What papal authority?[/b]

The Pope is, without any doubt, the man who was legitimately elected by the College of Cardinals electors meeting in conclave.

Does this mean that the election is enough in itself sufficient to be Pope?  No.  Indeed, the legitimate election by the College merely confers the material authority.  In Order to be a good Pope it also requires the elected:

- to Objectively want to act for the good of the Church and its benefit;
- to not be heretical, in any form.

If God finds within the heart of the elected one of the obstacles mentioned, then the formal authority can not be transferred to the latter, and the election, without any public statement being necessary, is null and void, and all decisions taken by the elected are null and void.

[b]II) The Pope, a necessity of reason[/b]

To understand why it is absolutely clear that the Pope is the only true leader of the true Church of God, a few observations on the purpose of our life will be performed.

Oane said in [i][url=http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?p=148379#148379]Chapter VII of the Book of Creation " Love "[/url][/i]

[quote]"We are all united in life and we are all thy humble servants.  For you are our creator."[/quote]

From this it appears that the goal of every human being is to love God, so that, through this love, God will save his soul.  Because God has on several occasions warned of what would happen to those who do not follow His word.

So in the [i][url=http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?p=148400#148401]End of Times, Chapter IV "Divine Judgment"[/url][/i]

[quote]6  And God spoke to me: "Look. These men and women who are now united in the pending judgement of their soul.  I made you aspire to virtue and I did it in such a way that if any of you practised, it would be communicated to others."  There I recognized Aristotle's teaching and the words of Christos!  "There has always been this goal,” He added, “to serve, honour and to love Me, but also to love each other.  I am the invisible hand which guides your steps, but a number among you were diverted from My Word.”

7  "You are judged one by one when you die, but this is not always the case.  In fact, I left the creature that I have not given a name among you thato prove his point, whereby it is the strong that must dominate the weak.  If, once again, you turn away from me in great numbers to sin, what you saw in the puddle will be fulfilled.  If you forget again the love that I have for you and, through this, cease to love Me, it will all happen as you have seen.  If My Word, revealed by Aristotle and Christos is not heeded any more, I will destroy the world and its life, because the love will not be any more.  So, take care to not let My Words get lost in the abyss of oblivion."[/quote]

And every soul will be judged according to his practice of virtue.  But what is Virtue?  Virtue is defined as the practice of sincere piety and respect for the commandments of God and the teachings of His prophets -Aristotle and Christos.  So those who do not follow this path will see the moon where the Demon Princes who suffer for eternity prevail.

From these extracts it indicates that God, who is infinite love, does not leave His children without protection against the vice.  It specifies that He gives them the teachings of Aristotle and Christos - His Prophets.
So there is only one viable path, that of Aristotle and Christos.

But does not Aristotle say that in all things the unity is greater than the division?  If the Divine is perfect, His desire is not to see the robe of His Church divided into independent national churches as in England, in the German States and more recently in France.  God has always wanted a church that is not addressed to the French, German or English according to the preferences of these people, but to all of humanity because He does not say "I promise salvation to the French in this way and to the Germans in another way", which would be absurd.  How can God, who is pure Truth, could He ask one thing of one nation, and different or opposite from another nation?  Since He is absolutely right, what he asks is for the good of everyone. There is therefore a need for only one leader of the Church to achieve this end: the POPE.

[b]III) From the Historicity of the claims of the Pope.[/b]

Once it is demonstrated that the Pope is the only reasonable thing that the Church can do to fulfill its role of guiding souls on the path to virtue and holiness, we must show that the Pope of the Church Aristotelian is, according to the Scriptures, the legitimate person by right to guide the nave of the Church and be the vicar of God through this office.

The first evidence is simply historical.  Who founded the English Church? an Englishman.  Who founded the Church of France? A sovereign lost. Who founded the Church Aristotelian? Christos himself, commissioned by God to guide His flock. As mentioned in [i][url=http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?p=142733#142733]Chapter XI of the Vita Christos[/i][/url]:

[quote]"The faithful of God, those who learned the teachings of Aristotle and who want to follow the way that I show you, must form a community of life.  This community will find its direction, and will allow each one to live in virtue, if he or she is united in the shared friendship that each one of its members must feel toward others in the community.  To guide you, I would be the father of this community, I would set up the principles of it, and my successors will do so in the same way after me."[/quote]

The Roman Aristotelian Church is founded by Christos, and thus each Pope dates back directly to him.  This is not the case of the founders of schismatic churches that have legitimacy only for themselves, while the Pope is heir to an unbroken Christosique line since Christos himself, starting when he appointed Titus Head of the Church after him. He made his first promise, still in the same [i]chapter XI of the Vita [/i]:

[quote]. "Titus, approach, my friend Titus, you are strong and vigorous You can help me with this community. Thou shalt be my second Titus.  Now you're a titan, and it is with the help of your strength. I will build a titanic Church!"[/quote]

However, some schismatics by hubris and to justify their separation from the Church of God, claim that "nowhere does it say that the successors of Titus have the same privileges."  Is this not doubt of the divine plan for the Church?  Does it not unfairly diminish the forces of God and Christos? These schismatics they think a "titanic" designed by Christos Church would cease to exist after the death of Titus, which Christos intended as chief of the Assembly after him?  Where is the titanic work if it is not able to survive the death of a man, instead forming into the division of several independent sub- churches;  that is to say a less qualified state than that proposed by Aristotle himself?

But above all that, they do not read further to understand the text better.  Christos set Titus up as the successor of his work, as his second.  Christos said he shall erect and continue to erect until his death the principles of the Church and its "successors" will do the same after him. But does he speak of the apostles here?  No, he clarifies their role by speaking of establishing the bishops.  He speaks of Titus here first, and the successors of Titus also.  Christos respects the hierarchy he himself had set up by first establishing the Papacy and then the episcopate of bishops.  Indeed, Christos said then still in the same [i]chapter XI of the Vita [/i]:

[quote]"And you, look at yourselves, here you forget the virtue and become jealous!  To belong to this community, faithful to God, it will be necessary to hold yourselves in purity and avoid sin.  However, I see well that none among you can claim to such a level of virtue.  Turn then toward God, my brothers, for He is merciful and the occasion remains for you to wash away your faults and to follow the way that I show you.

Thus do not be sorrowful, for you will be my successors.  You will carry the good news to all the nations by helping Titus to create my Church. Thus, I call on you to be guides to those faithful to God.  Be models for those who listen to you, because a bad guide traces a bad road for those who follow it.  I name you as Bishops.  You will have responsibility for the safety of your flocks.[/quote]

It is clear here that this is not the same type of successors, that Christos speaks of.  It must be remembered : Christos is the first bishop, since it was he who instituted the sacraments.  Christos has all the power of the order.  And it is this order that transmits power to his Apostles whose role is clear: "to help Titus build my church."  Therefore the Apostles are inferior to Titus who is the chief.  How then could his successors be similar to the successors of the other Apostles?  How can we believe that the divine hierarchy established by Christos may well crumble under the pretext that Titus is going to die?  Once again it seems to defy reason that God would hardly have breathed a word to Christos on how to act following the the death of Christos? 

Moreover, the [url=http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?p=533113#533113]letter from Titus to Linus[/url], his successor, corroborates the direction that this text and its author gives to the definition of Christos successors when speaking of those who erect the principles of the Church after him:

[quote]"I write to you Linus, my friend, because I want you to pursue after me that which our savior Christos began in Judea and for which he was martyred."[/quote]

[b]IV) The consequences of papal authority [/b].

Having established the righteousness and truthfulness of the papal mission, it remains to clarify the role and what it entails.

First, the Pope, as the supreme authority of the Church, necessarily enjoys special favors granted by God in the exercise of his office. Indeed, the Pope is the supreme shepherd, he can not lead his sheep into the ravine, because then it would mean that the Church was responsible for guiding souls so they might fail.  But what is God (and we have demonstrated that the church was of God) can not be debased, stupid or lame.  The Church therefore can not "fail" in its mission and the doctrines it offers to its faithful are necessarily good because they come from God. The Pope is the Titan upon which rests the Church, so He enjoys an immunity from error, which ensures him certainty to properly guide the Church in its principles.

The mission of the Church, the salvation of souls, requires three components : Government, Education and Sanctification. The Government in fact concerns the organization of the Church, with the Pope at its head, the papal Titan who wears it.   The Church requests sanctification, that is to say the sacraments, by the clergy and especially priests and bishops; and there is Education, which consists of continuously improving the knowledge of the Word of God and fight the errors and lies issued about Him.  Everyone will see that the Pope is mainly concerned with two of these missions: Government and Education.

Indeed, the Church can only have one leader and one Faith.  The Pope can therefore teach the truth to his followers.  Because this is the most important mission of the Pope : teaching.  It is for him to say what is faith and what is good and evil on earth by recalling the divine word.  Hence it appears that the Pope can not err when putting on his role as Pastor and Doctor of the Church when speaking:

[list]- Of the Faith, that is to say the supernatural mysteries about God. Since God created the Church so his word is known and will save souls, His infinite love can not allow a man, even unconsciously, to poison its nectar.

- on Manners and morals, that is to say on how to act and be Aristotelian on a daily basis doing.[/list]

However, in these special graces received by the Pope we also find the limits of that authority.

The Pope can not change the doctrine of the Church because it is a word that he has been tasked to keep and not change.  How can a man, even the Pope,  subtract a word already defined as divine?

The Pope also can not change anything in the sacraments and their conditions of validity (He can however change their condition of lawfulness) since it was by Christos that these criteria were defined and, once again, the [i]Pope is in charge to keep and not to create[/i] the supreme repository of God upon Earth.

[b]Conclusion:[/b]

The Pope, as vicar of God is greater than any other man in matters of religion and its Primacy does not impose itself on only the Aristotélité but on the whole universe when it comes to religion.  It also appears that it would be a grave insult to God, in relation to texts and their meaning, to put a man on top of the Pope in the government of religious and spiritual affairs of any part in the universe.  Thus there can not be any other Church than that led by the Pope.

[size=9][i]Written by His Eminence Aristokolès de Valyria[/i][/size]

[i][size=9]Translated into English by Cardinal Teagan February 1462[/size][/i]
[/quote]

there are links here that go to this forum. In the english forum, I have made the links go to the english forum. I can provide code for that if you wish.

Note: the french version does not contain links to the text, as the extracts are provided in the text. My translation put those links in, because Titus was only recently translated, and I want people to start looking around the dogma a bit more.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: