L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Training for new Priests and Deacons

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Nikolai.volkov

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 21, 2015 8:30 am    Sujet du message: Training for new Priests and Deacons Répondre en citant

Good day,

I was just wondering, is there any training or manuals for new priests or deacons?

The reason I ask is because I am now Deacon of Lewes and want to obviously do the right thing but I am just stumbling along at this stage, not knowing how or what I should be doing as a clergyman of Rome. Any assistance or advice given would be most welcomed.

Sincerely In Faith,
Nikolai

Knights Hospitallers ~ Chief Trade Officer of the Southern Star Company ~ Deacon/ Missionary ~ Baron of Rackheath
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 21, 2015 6:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Nikolai Smile

There is no training book as such, but I can give what advice I can based on my personal expériences, and of course will be happy to answer any questions you have.

First I would recommend requesting access to the Hall of Meeting here which is a private room for the clergy to talk about ... well, all sorts of things Smile In there at the moment I am sharing my plans for the year and we are also talking about possible promotions so that the leadership of the Church in the English speaking lands is maintained. The thread to gain access is one of the stickies above.

Regarding your own pathway as a new Deacon, I would suggest the following:

1) Read, read, read. Although you have already demonstrated to me that you are knowledgeable regarding our dogma, keep up the reading using the Library here and in the URACESI forum. Check out the canon law too. Some of it is still not translated into English, but there is enough there to cover the basic services of baptisms, marriage and there's also an old, but still relevant text on confessions.

If you have any questions regarding the sacraments, please do ask. We are encouraged to find our own styles for how we deliver the sacraments as long as we make sure that the basics are covered to adhere to the canon law.

2) Keep active in the Church in Lewes. If you have no sacraments to perform, a regular sermon is one way of doing this. Pick a theme, or find a text you would like to use as a reading, and have some fun. Statler posted the new calendar in our Library in forum 1 if you want to see which saints are being celebrated on which days. I was really pleased to see ye hold a reading about St Anthony the other day.

3) Get involved with the community as a Deacon. Holding prayers or blessings is a nice way to do this. If someone asks ye to bless their fields, go do it Smile If ye feel like saying prayers for a new workshop, go for it. Once again there are examples of prayers in the Library if ye need inspiration.

4) Don't get discouraged if no one posts as attending. That you are active is the main thing, letting people know you are about and available. Be aware that often the only time people think about religion is when they are in need of a priest or Deacon. You may end up surprised at the number who do notice you and who do read what you are saying. Our mission in the end is to spread the word of Jah and to bring people to the Faith. As you said to me before and which I agree with, forcing it on folk doesn't work, so look for your opportunities when they arise.

5) When ye feel more settled and into your role as a Deacon of Lewes, have a chat with our Church leaders about other ways to get involved if you feel you want to do more. Also, keep an eye out for announcements in the URACESI forum to keep up to date with new developments within the Church. There are also announcements made here in Aristote Square, but often they are only in French.

Finally, I'm working on an unofficial guide to the Church. Really, you would be a great help in that because as a new Deacon you will know first hand the sort of things that would be good to put into it. So if you would like to work with me on this, that would be smashing. I basically learnt what to do by looking around and occasionally prodding folk, but really a brief guide for those new to the clergy would be a good thing, aye Smile

edit: 6) Contact the new people regularly, for example:

Citation:
Hello Ciera,

Just to introduce myself, I'm the Chaplain for the Hastings chapel and would like to say welcome to Hastings and congratulations on gaining your first field here.

If you are interested in exploring your faith, please feel free to contact me. Everyone is welcome to attend the services in the Roman Aristotelian Chapel of Hastings, and use the space for private prayer too.

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=2105141

I hope you feel settled and supported in Hastings and know that any questions you may have about life here can be answered in the taverns, or by mail to the town mentor, or indeed by asking your question in the Hastings hall forum.

Jah's blessings!
Mother Catriona Mackenzie

Dernière édition par Catriona Delacroix le Sam Fév 21, 2015 6:15 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Nikolai.volkov

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 22, 2015 11:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Gratitude, Mother Cat. I would be glad to help you and also get more involved in the Church.

Knights Hospitallers ~ Chief Trade Officer of the Southern Star Company ~ Deacon/ Missionary ~ Baron of Rackheath
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 22, 2015 9:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Great Smile

The first thing you could do that would be very useful would be to note down all the questions that have sprung up in your mind about being a Deacon, including the ones you quickly found the answers to yourself. Then we can start to create a guide for new priests/deacons which anticipate these questions.

Really, too, anyone else reading this if ye have advice for new clergy, or want to chip in with things that ye would have liked to have known when starting, that would be grand.

I know when I started one of my questions was about whether I could perform the sacraments beyond where I was officially assigned. (Yes! but if there is clergy in that area already, check with them first)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Nikolai.volkov

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 23, 2015 3:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I will give it some thought, Mother, and present some questions to you soonest.

*almost skips away excitedly.*

Statler

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 26, 2015 3:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Within the hall of meeting are some texts that have helped me a lot in the past when I became a new priest. Maybe that will help you as well brother Nikolai. If not opening a topic there with specific questions will always result in answers.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: