L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

A Home In Rome

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La place d'Aristote - Aristote's Square - Platz des Aristoteles - La Piazza di Aristotele -> Les faubourgs de Rome - The suburbs of Rome - Die Vororte von Rom - I Sobborghi di Roma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 29, 2015 10:09 am    Sujet du message: A Home In Rome Répondre en citant

Between Catriona's broken italian and the guide's broken English, it was by a small miracle that at the end of the afternoon they had managed to find the perfect apartment. Numerous places had been looked at and each rejected for various reasons. The rent had been too high, or the rooms too dark, or the distance too far from Aristote's Square. One apartment that had been promising had apparently been the scene of a vicious murder. Another had been too cramped. And the penultimate apartment had an unfortunate smell.

"Perhaps I am being too fussy," the young priestess had thought as they reached the final destination. And it was quite likely that this same thought was shared by the dumpy man who had been showing her around.

And then the small miracle of perfection occurred.

Rooms of moderate size, furnishings that were neither too ornate or too basic, the walls recently whitewashed and a rent that she could manage. Perfect. Finally she had smiled and finally her guide heaved a sigh of relief. Located a good half hour's walk away from Aristote's square, it occupied the top floor of a stone building, on a cobblestoned side street. Yet being at the top, when looking out the window of the main room, one could see over the rooftops for a glorious view of the city.

It was a sight that she would never be bored of. Excited, nervous and feeling like she was embarking on a new adventure, Catriona had signed the agreement and paid an advance of rent. The man was happy. The English woman had not haggled and taken it for twice the rent it was worth!

But Catriona was content in her blissful ignorance. It would be another week before she realised that rooms below were used by prostitutes.

Well, life is never really perfect. And by then she had fallen in love with her home in Rome.

Mother Catriona Mackenzie, Bishop in partibus of Ephesus
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 08, 2015 7:01 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The moon shone full over Rome on this night, casting its pale blue-white glow over the roofs and streets of the city. In the small apartment at the top of the building, Catriona paced back and forth. Two cheap candles were lit, and there was a small light from the dying flames in the hearth, but on the whole, shadow prevailed.

The lass was quietly speaking aloud, although she was evidently alone in the room. With a sigh of exasperation she stopped, frowned, clasped her hands together, and then started again to walk back and forth.

"Credo in deum, altissimum omnipotentem, creatorem caeli et terrae ... inferos et paradisi ... ultima hora animas ... animara ... ani ... an... gah!"

Stamping her foot, she took another deep breath and then walked to the table where a piece of parchment lay. Picking it up and tilting it to the candlelight, she read and repeated, "Ultima hora animae judicem nostrae. Ultima hora animae judicem nostrae. Animae ... okay."

She poured herself a small measure of whiskey into a glass and took a swig. "I can do this," she told herself. And when ready to tackle the creed once more, she began again.

"Credo in deum, altissimum omnipotentem, creatorem caeli et terrae, inferos et paradisi, ultima hora ... animae judicem nostrae! Yes!"

Success! Although shortlived for her mind was now blank on how to start the next verse. Aristotle came next, she knew but ... hesitantly she tried.

"Et ... in Aristotle ... Aristotelem, prophetum ... prophet .."

From the apartment below came the sound of a rhythmic banging, likely a headboard of a bed knocking against a wall. Catriona sighed again. It seemed she was not the only one working at this late hour.

It was going to be a long night.

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 21, 2015 9:16 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

She had to admit that repeating the creed in latin had become an exercise in procrastination. And a physical exercise in itself. Whenever she was sick of scribbling notes down about what to do next (for she did love making lists), or was halfway through trying to deciper a sacred text in a different language, Catriona would throw down her quill and start to pace about the apartment, saying the creed.

Regular footsteps would tap out as she circled the room, pronouncing each syllable carefully, each time with a growing confidence, her hands beating time as she found the rhythm of the phrases. Then a change of direction as she hit a new verse, each time gaining in momentum as she started to punch the air with each word. Then at the final verse, she would lightly jump on the spot, knowing she was reaching the end, the climax ...

"Sanctorum communionem,
Peccatorum remissionem,
Carnis resurrectionem
Vitam aeternam!

AMEN!"

It would come out as a shout, the final word, and then she would laugh and run a victory lap of her room to celebrate having said it right.

And this afternoon, having given up on constructing an address to the people of England, so the routine was repeated, the lass reciting the creed with increasing enthusiasm until she hit the final high note. The window looking out to the rooftops of Rome was wide open and in the exuberance of the moment, she dashed to the window and leaned out, throwing her arms open wide to the world.

"Credo in Deum!" she shouted to the sky.

Opposite, a woman who was flapping a rug out of her window, stared at the young priestess. "Pazza! Ehi, inglese donna, sei pazza!"

Cat looked across in surprise, not knowing what the woman had said. So she called back, "Grazie!"

countess.Kathleen

Localisation: Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ - Principality of Mayence - Buchen

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 04, 2015 9:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Kathleen had come to Rome to talk with some of the scribes in San Loyats and as far as her bussines was concerned, things turnes out good. Unfortunately however, the secretary of the Vice-Prefect somewhat sheepishly explained to her that the lodgings were undergoing maintenance and that she couldn't be accomodated on the spot. So the young deaconess was roaming the streets of Rome searching for a room to stay. As the daylight faded, she got just so desperate to ask a guide to show her some place of hospitability. And some hospitability he found her! When they arrived at what the guide proclaimed to be a suitable hostel, she realized the little rascal had brought her to a brothel!

Outraged she slapped him, but he seemed to deem the jest worth a little slap and retreated laughing joyously. "Begone, you lousy excuse for a guide! Furfante cattivo!" She screamed after him before he went around a corner, his giggling still to be heard. Kathleen sighed "Dios mio, Good Lord. Now what should I do now..."
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 09, 2015 3:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Walking up the lane, Cat was carrying a basket with some bread and cheese and a hefty flagon of wine. A visit to the local market had cleared her head of some of the worries which had been troubling her, and she looked forward to a small lunch by the open window in her apartment. Ahead of her she saw a man and woman standing by the door which led into the building and then her eyes widened as she watched the woman slap the man and shout at him.

"Goodness me," Cat murmured, slowing her approach. The man was laughing and ran past her, heading off around a corner. Wondering what had caused the small scene, she continued, walking up to the door where the lady still stood.

"Is ... everything okay?"
she asked, concerned. And then added in her broken italian, "Um ... va tutto ... bene?"

countess.Kathleen

Localisation: Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ - Principality of Mayence - Buchen

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 09, 2015 9:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Kathleen valiantly faught back a tear when she noticed that Catriona had adressed her. She needed a second to clear her thoughts. The woman didn't look like she was doing... bussiness... here.

"Well yes. And no." she decided to answer in english with a barely audible german accent. While the speaker offered her english and italian, she was more comfortable with the tounge of the isle.
With as much calm as she could muster, she explained to her that and why she was looking for a bed to stay in. "And preferrably sleeping there without male company. However, I'm utterly lost now. My guide has forsaken me and an Inn is nowhere to be seen."
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 10, 2015 2:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Cat listened carefully. She understood the woman was upset and realised that the man who had abandoned the woman had played a rather cruel joke. "Ah, I see," Cat replied. "Well, I think you should come inside and have a drink and a rest while we figure out what to do next. And ... not in the lower apartments here."

She smiled a little and held out her hand. "I'm Catriona Mackenzie, one of the clergy from the British Isles. I rent the apartment at the top of the building. You will be quite safe! Just don't knock on any of the doors as we go up the stairs!"

She gestured to the entrance to see if the deaconess would accept the invitation inside.

countess.Kathleen

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 10, 2015 4:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Given what she got herself into, Kathleen found the proposal impossible to refuse. Thankfully she took Catriona's hand and upon suddenly realising, she didn't properly introduce herself, added: "Kathleen of Kinsale, from the imperial clergy close to the German Kingdom" with a somewhat shy smile. Quickly recalling what she knew about the Isles, among the Roman Church, the Reformed Church, the Westmorelanders and strong heathen tradition it was likely a most interesting place to serve the church. Kathleen also felt, that Cat's face and name should ring a bell somewhere but she couldn't quite wrap her head around it.

Nodding to her suggestion in approval, she motioned toward the entrace, offering Catriona to carry the basket. Then she promised: "I certainly won't knock. I'm not at all interested in what's going on there." She would have smiled but she wasn't quite herself yet. That a lousy prank made her lose security so easily angered her which didn't help either.

"I used to spend a good deal of my youth on the isles" she said upon arriving upstairs, dropping the leather bag which contained her neccessaires including a humble set of spare clothing and her writing equipment. "The people were lovely, mostly fishermen but they knew their hearts and made it show. And of course they had the most wonderful tales to tell." The memory made her smile again.
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 15, 2015 12:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

She grinned happily on being introduced and seeing her invitation accepted, Catriona led the way up the stairs, around a landing and up again and again until they reached the final door at the top of the building. Unlocking the door, Catriona welcomed Kathleen inside.

It was quite dark until Cat opened the shutters to the large window at the end, and then light streamed in to show a small apartment neatly kept. The furniture was simple but a few cushions had been added to the chairs, some paintings of italian countryside adorned the walls and a bright colourful rug covered part of the floor. The best feature though, was the view from the window, stretching across the rooftops of Rome to the hills beyond.

She had put her basket on a table and was fetching some glasses and plates from a dresser.

"Oh, you have visited my country?" Catriona replied as she carefully wiped one of the glasses to make sure it was clean. "How lovely! I was born in Scotland in the far north and spent my youth there before I moved to Ireland. And now I am based in the South of England, but perhaps I will be moving again soon. I'm glad you liked it. It is such a mixture of cultures, and although there has been many troubles there, I still prefer Ireland for its beauty. You will take some wine, yes?"

She asked the question as she poured herself a glass of light red wine. "Please, do sit down and make yourself at home. I will apologise now for the wine. I am not a connoisseur so I rely on the market sellers to tell me the truth about what is good."

countess.Kathleen

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 25, 2015 5:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

When Catriona opened the window, Kathleen was immediately captivated by the sight. She strode toward the window, slowly as if mesmerized and murmured to herself: "Why, this is... the most... magnificent..." Kathleen had been to large cities before but never ever had she seen anything like this. It was this very instant that she understood Aristotle, who predicted, that the second prophet would 'build an ideal city' that would 'radiate beyond the Tyrrhenian Sea and even shine on all mankind'. She had always thought that the city had to be a metaphorical one like what he saw in his dream but indeed, it was just before her.

Catriona's voice made her snap out of it and she replied: "Oh, wine would be great. As far as it's a finer bouquet than what we give to the faithful during services, I'll be delighted." She hadn't come to appreciate the finer tastes in wine, yet. That was probably something that was bound to change if she were to visit Rome more often in the future.

Sitting down as suggested, she decided to come back to the topic of her time in Cat's homeland. "I didn't get to see Scotland, yet though I'd love to. I was still a child when I last had the pleasure of coming to the Isles. We usually stuck to the coastline on our route towards the Duchy of Brittany. So what I've seen is parts of Middlesex, Cornwall and Cork. So what I can absolutely agree on is the unrivaled beauty of Ireland's countryside." She smiled warmly and held her glass of wine towards her host. "To the kindness of strangers, Catriona."

She had a sip of wine and really honestly couldn't tell if it was a good one. Was it supposed to taste like this? She sincerly hoped that her face wasn't giving too much away. Actually it might have been a really good wine, Kathleen just didn't... kind of... had the ability to appreciate. Yet. Things would probably change, given time.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La place d'Aristote - Aristote's Square - Platz des Aristoteles - La Piazza di Aristotele -> Les faubourgs de Rome - The suburbs of Rome - Die Vororte von Rom - I Sobborghi di Roma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: