L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Sharing Preaching Examples

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 08, 2015 6:34 am    Sujet du message: Sharing Preaching Examples Répondre en citant

Although I still don't have the full preaching skills, my studies have reached the blocks that now require reading of books in France. But as I've some time before the ferry leaves for France, I've decided to start preaching while waiting. I no longer need PVD so this is more about raising the awareness and profile of our faith with the people.

Preaching can be a bit daunting, and from talking to other Church way folk they often feel like they don't know what to use for a preaching session. So I'm starting this thread to gather together examples. I'm aiming to keep the language simple and the length brief - although they're probably too long still. You are welcome to use them. I'm writing them when I get the time. A little credit is nice if you are using them fairly verbatim.

Feedback is welcome! As are examples you may have that you'd also like to share. Try to keep them under 200 words in length.

Mother Catriona Mackenzie, Bishop in partibus of Ephesus

Dernière édition par Catriona Delacroix le Dim Fév 05, 2017 7:03 am; édité 2 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 08, 2015 6:35 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Divine Being is Almighty. That there is one, true god, whom we call Jah, is the first tenet of the Aristotelian Faith. This was revealed by the prophet Aristotle, who reasoned that unity was the perfect, divine state and there was one deity rather than a multitude. Being a singular unity, perfect and divine, Jah is ever present and all mighty. Jah is our Creator, making the sky and the earth, the lunar hell and the solar paradise. Jah loves us all, for we are the preferred species over all other creatures, and we return this love to Jah for creating us and the gifts of the earth. But Jah is also the judge of our souls at the hour of death. Take heed! Live good, virtuous lives, preparing your soul for the eternal life so that when ye leave your earthly body behind, ye may reach the Solar Paradise! For more information on the Aristotelian Faith, visit the chapel.

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 08, 2015 6:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Aristotle taught us that the wise man must take part in the life of the city. Aye, and women too ... for there's no discrimination between the genders in the sight of Jah, so dinnae let the fact he said 'men' think he wasn't meaning women too! The prophet Aristotle once met a man, a hermit, and asked him if he was happy with his life. The hermit declared he was, yet Aristotle told him he was living like a bear, being separate from society. His point was thus: that humans were meant to live virtuous lives, in friendship with each other. And how can one have friends if they live alone? The hermit declared that nature was his friend, his olive tree was his friend, to which Aristotle replied, ""A true friendship occurs between equals. You are thus equal to an olive tree: planted and motionless. You survive on the margins of the city, instead of taking part in it like a true human. I will leave you to take root, farewell!" --- Take heed of his words, good folk of Hastings. Dinnae be plants, living in solitude!

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 10, 2015 12:06 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

"Good folk of Hastings, hear me. While ye may agree that the Wise man must take part in the city, for some of you, the question remains, in what manner should one take part. Aristotle had a dream of an ideal city based on three classes: the producers, the soldiers and the philosophers. The producers were the majority, producing the goods with which the city thrived. The soldiers protected the city, defending it in times of war. The philosophers governed the city, ran the university, and led the Faith. It may take time for you to realise which path is yours. But all are essential. A city of philosophers and soldiers will soon fail without the farmers! You will know the right path when you are happiest in the contribution you make. May Jah guide you on your journey of discovery!"

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 19, 2015 12:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Divine Being is Almighty. That there is one god, whom we call Jah, our Creator, singular, perfect and divine, is the first tenet of the Aristotelian Faith. In the beginning, when the world was new, all knew of Jah and were close to Jah. Yet being imperfect in nature and lacking guidance, over time we became distant from Jah. People looked for different reasons to explain why the world exists with all its gifts of nature, developing stories of gods to explain each aspect. Many false gods were created relating to different lands and people. Some even claimed themselves to be gods, or to be the offspring of gods. Yet Jah loved us still. Not wanting us to be lost to the darkness of misunderstanding, Jah sent us two prophets. Aristotle, who by logic and reason proclaimed the single divinity. Christos, who taught us the way to Jah, establishing his Church so we would never forget about Jah again. Since then the Universal Roman and Aristotelian Church has kept the light of Jah shining, the enduring faith of the guides of the Church preserving the sacred texts and recording the lives of the Saints. Thanks be to Jah. Amen.

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 22, 2015 4:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

When talking about the notion that Things are Copies of Ideas, the word idea is not referring to the ideas we have every day, such as one deciding to hold a party, or eat bacon for breakfast. Instead it refers to the Ideas that exist beyond space and time, in the solar paradise. Divine ideas, eternal, unchanging. Our world was created by Jah created and all things that exist are copies of these Ideas. Made from matter, and being separate to the solar paradise, our world is not perfect. But when you look at something, for example the stray dog that wanders the streets, with its mangy coat and lopsided gait, you still know it is a dog despite being different to others. This is because we recognise the Idea of a dog. And we recognise this Idea because of our connection to Jah, because we have intelligence, because we have souls. People of Dover, recognise your connection to Jah, our Creator! Strengthen your connection to Jah through prayer and confess your sins, so that one day you may enter the solar paradise! Amen!

Dernière édition par Catriona Delacroix le Dim Mai 24, 2015 5:54 am; édité 1 fois
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 24, 2015 5:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Today I passed an apple tree covered with blossom. The gentle petals of white, tinged with soft pink, swayed in the breeze of this fine April month. I was filled with joy as I gazed upon this display of nature. And I said to myself … Beautiful. Yet how did I know this tree with its abundance of blossom to be beautiful? No one has ever led me into a forest and taught me which tree was beautiful and what was not. No one has ever sat me down and lectured me on what makes something beautiful. We all know what beauty is. We know because we have a soul and thus are able to sense this blossom’s beauty by our connection to the divinity and the eternal beauty that exists beyond our material world. Soon, this blossom will wither, for our world is constantly changing. Yet the idea of what is beautiful remains, eternal, fixed, divine. Praise Jah for creating our world. Praise Jah for giving us souls to appreciate and take pleasure in the beauty of our world. Amen.

On the idea - sensible beauty is an image of Eternal Beauty that any Soul has already contemplated once.

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 24, 2015 5:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Good people of Salisbury, hear me. I have spoken to you of the divine ideas from which Jah created our world, and and how we recognise these ideas because of our souls, our connection to Jah. Our minds are illuminated by this connection, allowing us to understand our world. And thus we are also able to recognise divine action. During his mission, the prophet Christos performed many miracles, such as when he cupped his hands together to offer them to a man, water suddenly poured forth to quench the man’s thirst. Those present knew this was divine action - a miracle, because they knew water ordinarily comes from a source such as a river, or rain from the sky, not from a man’s empty hands! If Christos had offered his cupped hands to a dog, it would have drunk the water without questioning the source. We have souls. We are Jah’s preferred species, chosen because we understood that the purpose of life is love. Do not deny Jah, but open your hearts and let the light in. Know that Jah loves us and we in turn should love Jah. Amen!

On the idea - Things are Copies of Ideas

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 26, 2015 9:06 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

What is eternal beauty? Some say that recognising beauty is a personal experience. Some try to define it by referring to harmonious proportions, or perfection, or clarity with beauty shining through. But trying to precisely define beauty leads to disagreement because what one person considers beautiful will differ to another’s experience. Beauty can come in many forms - the dawning of the sun, a haunting song, a heroic action - and rather than try to define what it is, consider instead its effect. Something that is truly beautiful, that is connected to eternal, divine beauty, makes us pause as we contemplate it. It takes us out of ourselves and lifts our souls, summoning us to a higher plane of existence than our ordinary lives. The experience is intense, and may even bring you to tears. It provokes a longing for truth, goodness, unity. It gives hope and can open the door to a virtuous life. When next you hear a song that lifts your soul, consider the source of this joy. For you have just experienced the divine, eternal beauty that shines through the beauty of our lives on earth. And it is Jah who calls to you.

On the idea - sensible beauty is an image of Eternal Beauty that any Soul has already contemplated once.

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 27, 2015 5:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Good folk of Salisbury, I will confess that when someone talks to me about metaphysics, my mind often whirls around in confusion. There is something about the word metaphysics that I resist. It may be because I do not considered myself to be a learned woman. But those of you who likewise look blank when someone mentions metaphysics, bear with me! And those of you who are learned, forgive my simplistic views! When we consider the idea that metaphysics is the study of first principles, we are looking at the fundamental nature of our reality, considering concepts such as time, space, identity and existence. What are we? What is life? To find the answers to such questions, I look to Jah. For it is my absolute belief that our existence comes from Jah. And just as I believe Jah created the world, I also believe that Jah can end our world. Does this mean we should worship Jah out of fear that he will take away our existence? No. Rather we should love Jah for this gift of life, for the world that surrounds us. And moreover we should active lives with respect for this gift, not squandering our time in passive apathy. Amen!

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 28, 2015 5:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Good folk of Salisbury, hear how Jah created our existence. Jah is the raw material from which all things - matter, energy, movement and time - were created. Jah created two movements: the heavy things would go downwards and the light things upwards. Jah created the four elements, earth, water, wind, and fire, laying them out in the hierarchical order of their gravity. Earth was thus in the center, covered by water, then air and lastly the lightest of the elements, fire, covered all. So that the movement would be done, Jah placed fire in the center of the ground and water in the sky, above the air. The elements moved, alternating order and disorder. Yet, while Jah is perfect, his creation was imperfect, without intelligence, only doing what was necessary to survive. Jah then created spirit, that which could not be touched, or seen, or felt, or tasted, or heard, because it was different from the matter. Spirit is our intelligence, made up of reason, feelings, having the capacity to choose. Jah joined matter with spirit and named the whole “Life.” Amen!

On the idea - Metaphysics is the study of first principles.

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 21, 2015 5:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Is everything in life beautiful? Obviously not. I have never found anyone in raptures at the stink of a dungheap. But there is perhaps potential beauty in everything. For example, take a lute, a simple musical instrument. In the hands of someone with a gift for music, with understanding of harmony, played in a place where the sound can resonate, the player might create a song which touches our hearts and lifts us out of ourselves, taking our minds away from the troubles and worries we may be harbouring. In that moment we hear the beauty of that song. But someone else playing the same lute may produce an awful racket! Yet even a beautiful song may not be heard by all. The listener may be a bit deaf, or they may be too preoccupied with their own thoughts, or so discontent in their lives that beauty rarely touches them, because they are too absorbed in their own circumstances to take notice of what is around them. People of Chard, remember to stop and look around you, to notice life, to seek out what is beautiful. And let your soul soar to Jah! Amen!

On the idea - Sensible beauty is an image of Eternal Beauty that any Soul has already contemplated once.

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 30, 2015 6:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I confess that when someone talks to me about metaphysics, my mind often turns to a stone. There is something about the word metaphysics that I resist. But those of you who likewise look blank when someone mentions metaphysics, bear with me! And those of you who are learned, forgive my simplistic views! When we consider metaphysics, we are simply examining the fundamental nature of our reality, considering concepts such as time, space, identity and existence. Who are we? What is life? What is the purpose of this existence? To find the answers to such questions, one can look to Jah and the prophets for guidance, to the sacred texts, to the mythology that tells of the beginning of the world, to Oane who spoke so simply and eloquently to express what others could not. But while enjoying the knowledge gained from such study, do not forget to also question it. To test ideas out, to see if they make sense, if they are logical … this is the aristotelian way. To weigh up and decide, to think for oneself. We have free will and intelligence. Use them. Dinnae be a sheep. Amen!

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 03, 2015 4:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

So, what is the purpose of life? The simple answer, if we return to Oane’s conversation with Jah is love. To love and in return be loved. Yet love is not something that we can conjure up just because we know that is the answer. It is difficult to love unconditionally, when life is dull or unrewarding, when one is alone, or caught in miserable events, when bitterness and sorrow overshadows all. Love is easier to feel when we are happy, when nothing restricts the flow of love. So the question then becomes, how can one be truly happy with all the hardships and difficulties that arise from the simple act of living? Yet, we all wish for happiness, we all wish for peace in our hearts, contentment to fill our souls. Friendship, comfort, work satisfaction, freedom of thought and expression, freedom from tyranny, good health … and many other things combine to create a state of happiness. If you are unhappy, examine your life and think about why this is so. Think about what changes you can make so that you can begin to find happiness. So that you may begin to love once again. Amen!

For metaphysics idea.

Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 05, 2017 7:01 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Whenever I speak about beauty and how I take this to be a proof that we are Jah’s chosen race, preferred above all other animals, it’s often pointed out to me that there’s a lot of ugliness in this world. I would agree. We live in a world that is in motion. Nothing is static. Yes, the most beautiful flower will wither and die. It is natural for there to be both beauty and ugliness in our earthly world. Also, by beauty I don’t mean merely a pretty face. After all, birds are known to preen their feathers to attract a mate. Rather I mean we have the capacity to appreciate beauty in a way that no other animal does, whatever form it takes whether a natural wonder, a haunting melody or a noble action, to the extent that we feel uplifted, as though our spirit were trying to reach upwards, beyond our mortal bodies. Knowing this, can you really say there is no divinity, no greater intelligence and that we have no connection with that divinity? If you wish to learn more about Jah, send me a mail.

For the idea regarding beauty

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: