L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Feast of Friendship - June 8 - Saint Paulos Cathedral

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 18, 2015 5:23 pm    Sujet du message: Feast of Friendship - June 8 - Saint Paulos Cathedral Répondre en citant

The following is a transcript of the service for the Feast of Friendship, held in Saint Paulos Cathedra, London, on the 8th June.

The Welcome

"Welcome all to Saint Paulos Cathedral on this day when we gather to celebrate the Feast of Friendship. This celebration is perhaps one of the most important of our year as we remember the prophet Christos and his mission in Jerusalem over fourteen hundred years ago."

"It was a time when pagan rule dominated the kingdoms, despite the teachings of the prophet Aristotle. Although there were those who believed in the one god, Jah, they lacked guidance and were still distant from Jah. Christos, endowed with the divine blessing of Jah, was the light that guided home those who were wandering, unsure of how to reach Jah, unsure of how to show their love to the Almighty and reach the Solar Paradise. He gave us the sacraments, the ceremonies which mark our spiritual path, and established his Church so that it may be the bridge that brought the people to Jah, sending his apostles out into the world so that the faith would spread and all who believed would be joined in the Aristotelian Friendship. "

"Today we gather to remember the great work of Christos, and to celebrate that moment in time, sharing a feast, just as Christos did with his apostles as they spoke together of Jah and how to bring the faith to all of Jah's children through the Church."

"To begin, I ask ye all to join with me to say the Creed, the affirmation of our Faith and our belief in Jah, his prophets, and the Church itself, as established by Christos."

[Creed recited]

[Song by the choir]

The reading

Todays reading is when we remember Christos’s time in Jerusalem, where he preached the way to Jah, enlightening the people of the city. One asked him, “What do we have to do to live in the love of Jah?”

Citation:
Christos answered, “The faithful of Jah, those who learned the teachings of Aristotle and who want to follow the way that I show you, must form a community of life. This community will find its direction, and will allow each one to live in virtue, if he or she is plain in the shared friendship that each one of its members must test toward others in the community. To guide you, I would be the father of this community, I would set up the principles of it, and my successors will do so in the same way after me.”

Christos began this community, his Church, which has lasted through the centuries. He appointed Titus as his second, to help build the Church and the other apostles to be guides for the faithful, carrying the good news to all the nations. While eating a meal with friends, Christos explained to his apostles his ideas for the Church and their role as his guides.

He told them that they would have to devote themselves completely to Jah, to live chaste lives, telling them “These restrictions will be the price of your commitment. Learn within yourselves how to like them, because they will enable you to carry out your holy mission.”

He also forbade them to carry weapons “because weapons are sources of violence whereas you will have the mission of teaching friendship and the love of Jah.”

Citation:
But Daju, whose flesh was very weak, rose, irate, and exclaimed: “And why should I respect that? Why should I obey based upon a commitment that does not relate to me? You gave us the role of bishop, but guard jealously for yourself the command of the Church.”

Then Christos answered him, calmly: “Verily I say it to you; I hold the command because I am the most capable to guide you. Along the entire way that we traversed, I have been like a father, one who took care of you. But the result is tiredness and labor, not exalted status. My role is difficult and abrasive… I become exhausted because I carry the weight of the suffering of all men. But you, Daju, I see anger invading your face. Know that the task that I have entrusted to you and to the others is quite as noble, and will be also difficult. Moreover, to assist you in your task, you will be able to name other guides, other shepherds who will have the responsibility of each city. And you will be those that will decide my successor.”

And he repeated, then, to us all: “Then, my apostles, my clerics, with you to follow the way which I have shown you, with you to baptize those who want to enter into the community of the faithful of Jah, with you to ordain as priests those who wish to be devoted entirely to the love of Jah, with you to hear the confession of those who wish to be washed of their sins, with you to punish those who could not be worthy of the love of Jah and to preach at least each Sunday, the will of The Most High will be achieved.”

Christos spoke to us a long time about his Church, the way in which he wanted it, with a head and branches, a living body. And the whole resting on a solid basis; people of belief.”

Yet the evening came to an unhappy end. Daju had left only to return with Roman legionaries who took Christos away, accusing Christos of inciting disorder in the city. When questioned, Christos criticised the Romans for controlling the people and reducing them to slaves. Threatened with banishment, Christos declared that he would continue to speak in whatever city he went to in the world. Thus he was sentenced to be tortured and crucified.

Before he was taken away, Christos was able to speak to one of his youngest apostles.

Citation:
“My body will undergo a thousand torments, but it is so that your heart does not have to undergo them. When you pray to The Most High, devote the bread and the wine to friendship, symbols of my flesh and my blood, in order to never forget my sacrifice for you. Also pay homage to those who, by their virtue, will be an example in your eyes of the love that is due to Jah. In truth, there is no more beautiful homage to Jah than to love without anything to gain in return.”

Prayers

"Let us pray."

"Almighty Jah, we give thanks on this day for sending us the prophet, who through the establishment of his Church showed us the way to your eternal light, so we would no longer wander, lost in misunderstanding, uncertain of the path."

"We give thanks for the sacrament of baptism, the chance to begin anew, joining the faithful in the aristotelian friendship."

"Thanks be to Jah!"

"We give thanks for the sacrament of marriage, the joyful union of a man and woman in loving companionship for the procreation of life."

"Thanks be to Jah!"

"We give thanks for the sacrament of confession, the forgiveness of our sins as we humbly endeavour to be worthy of your love."

"Thanks be to Jah!"

"We give thanks for the sacrament of ordination, the acceptance of those who dedicate their lives to guiding all to your light."

"Thanks be to Jah!"

"We give thanks for the sacrament of funeral, as you embrace those who pass from earthly life to the solar paradise."

"Thanks be to Jah!"

"We give thanks for the sacrament of mass, the communion with Jah, the saints and all the faithful of the Church."

"Thanks be to Jah!"

"As we remember the prophet Christos today and share a feast in friendship, we beseech your blessing for all who follow you, and to help us continue the work of Christos, to reach those who still stray from you, so that all your children may reach the solar paradise. Amen!"

"Before we continue to the feast, I would like to ask everyone to spend a moment in private prayer for our sister Cyriana, who recently passed from this life to the next. She was a great lady of the Church, one who was Bishop and Archbishop, a cornerstone of the Church, whose work in translating the sacred texts as an active sister of the Order of Saint Jerome will not be forgot. May her family be comforted in their loss by the knowledge that she is now at peace, in the embrace of our lord on high."

The Feast

"And now, with our service coming to an end, I would like to invite you all to come and join the feast. Food and drink is here to enjoy and as we share in this feast, take the time to speak to those about you, to make new friends and renew old acquaintances. For this is the basis of our lives here on earth, the basis of all communities. To live in friendship, to acknowledge that our lives are entwined, that we each have our role to play, supporting and complementing one another, to strive together towards the aristotelian ideal of unity, rather than division."

"Thank you all for coming here today to celebrate the feast of friendship. May Jah bless us all!"

Mother Catriona Mackenzie, Bishop in partibus of Ephesus
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: