L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

A young man walks into the Church
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Cinead

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 17, 2018 12:20 pm    Sujet du message: A young man walks into the Church Répondre en citant

He's not certain what he is doing here, but he took the time to walk here so he may as well make himself be known. Cinead had never been inside another Church than the one in his Hometown and he wonders if it is even the same religion as this one. His parents took him to mass every Sunday and Wednesday so he is familiar with most of the ceremonies and sacraments, however he has never met an actual priest in person. Not certain what to expect he walks around in hope to meet someone else. Wondering if this is even a place where he is allowed to be, well nobody tried to stop him so that should be fine.

Bishop of Whithorn, Priest of Kirkcudbright, Archivist for the Registers, Translator at Order of Saint Jerome, Witer at the Holy Office 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
annnamcshane

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 18, 2018 2:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Anna whilst walking in the halls on her way to check some records seeing someone who she has not met before, Anna walks past the man and goes into the record room after checking the records comes back with her arms full of papers and stops to look at the man

Hello there are you new to Rome? im Anna hanley the national vice primate of Scotland, i would shake your hand but my hands are full.

Anna then smiles at the man

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 18, 2018 12:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Seeing a woman approach him and greet him friendly brings a smile to this young man's face. And then when he hears her speak he's even more surprised and pleased. Does he hear that correct, this woman is speaking with a Scottish accent. That is so good to hear, it feels like home. A national Vice Primate, that sounds like someone whom is in charge of things, he thinks when he hears her words. And looking at her robes that only confirms his thoughts on the matter.

Your Grace, thank you for your kind words. My name is Cinead and I am exploring the world and learning more and more of many things. I came here to be educated in all things that have to do with the Aristotelian faith and I hope that I am at the right place.

He smiles back at the nice woman and hope that he addressed her accordingly.

Bishop of Whithorn, Priest of Kirkcudbright, Archivist for the Registers, Translator at Order of Saint Jerome, Witer at the Holy Office 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 19, 2018 1:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Welcome.

Cinead

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 20, 2018 11:42 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Seeing a man wearing red robes, Cinead knows he is dealing with a Cardinal. What a honour that a Cardinal would come and greet him. He nervously returns a smile to the old man, nods and says.

Thank you your Eminence, that is most kind of you.

Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 21, 2018 12:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Brother Will saw the new arrival and went up to greet him.

On behalf of the Franciscan Grey Friars of Liverpool, welcome.

Metropolitan Archbishop of Canterbury | Marquess of Exminster | Earl of Bassetlaw | Viscount of Osney
Prefect of the office of Relics
Cinead

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 21, 2018 3:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Another man approaches young Cinead, it is becoming a party the young man thinks to himself. He's pleased to see that so many are still active here in these Church Halls. Back home it almost seems that there is not much going on, but here that is different.

Thank you very much, I have never been to Liverpool, but I hear that it is a nice town. I hope that the Friars are doing well there.

Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 21, 2018 7:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

There are not many friars nowadays. I rarely go to Liverpool except to visit the convent. I spent most of my days here in Rome or in Southampton, Devon.

Metropolitan Archbishop of Canterbury | Marquess of Exminster | Earl of Bassetlaw | Viscount of Osney
Cinead

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 24, 2018 12:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The answer of William makes him somewhat sad but also pleased. Religion and Faith seems to be booming in the world nowadays. Everyone wants to be a town priest, or a confessor or what not. But as it seems there are not that many Friars around.

It is good to hear that there are still some Friars in the world, and that you have an active convent. In Scotland we see no orders active at all.

Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 24, 2018 1:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sadly it is not religion and faith that is booming.

It is the perception of Power that goes with those roles of confessor and priest.

Sometimes I visit church and their is a "Goat Lover" or "a person who believes that one day we will be able to talk to one another across the oceans with a brick in the palm of our hand". These madmen do nothing for faith and weaken the true belief.

Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 24, 2018 4:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Brother Will listened to what the gentlemen had to say. He listened actively with a smile on his face.

Cinead, one of our the great Franciscans came from Scotland, he was named Brother Statler, an active man. He was called to serve Scotland as King and died some months ago. Peace to him.

The Friars now, have Rome as their convent. Most of them are now Cardinals serving the Church and no longer have time to visit our respective convents. So, we get the chance to see one another now and then in the corridors of Rome.

Eminence Teagan, you are right. Though we are few, it is our duty to do what we can to serve others.

Cinead

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 25, 2018 1:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hearing the two men speak makes Cinead feel the chills down to his bones. The picture that is painted before him is dark and gruesome. It sounds like many are attracted to Faith for the wrong reason. And Cinead hopes that his faith will be strong without being corrupted. And that is why he is here in these halls, looking for like minded people. The notion of people talking to bricks seem ridiculous.

Luckily William speaks of a person that he has heard of, never met, but seen his presence or image. He wonders how to describe this best, his thoughts make no sense to him now.

I am living in Kirkcudbright and we have the royal Crypt of Statler in our town. So I have heard of him, however I have never met the man in person. Maybe in time I can spread our faith in Scotland as he did before me. We do have a priest in town, Father Rondrian, have you heard of him?

Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 26, 2018 7:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Brother Will pondered on the name that was stated and tried to see if he had heard of him. The name seemed not to ring a bell.

Ah, my child. Forgive me for my ignorance. The name of your priest does not seem to be familiar. I think I have never heard of him before or if it is the case, I have forgotten. Perhaps one of these days I will have the grace to meet him.

But tell me, what is your trade?

Cinead

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 27, 2018 9:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The young man nods when he hears the words of Brother William. He too had not heard much of his own town priest. He doesn't even know if he was properly ordained to become a priest or not. Cinaed wonders how something like that can be checked, there must be records somewhere he thinks to himself.

No worries about our father, maybe his records are lost or something like that. As for myself, I have no real trade yet. I have only become aware of this world recently and I am struggling to find food and clothing at the end of the day. Which is difficult in a town that appears to be slow. There are two other young people in town, we meet weekly in the tavern and chat about many things. But we are all in the dark in many things. But nevertheless, we are young and full of energy, so that counts for something, does it not?

Vanyar

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 27, 2018 2:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Welcome young man, it is nice to see new people here in our Church. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Father Vanyar, Cardinal here at the Church. May I ask, have you been baptized already?

Presbyter & Professor of the Universal and Roman-Aristotelian Church. | Bishop of Ptolemais
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
Page 1 sur 3

Sauter vers: