L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Best times for masses?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 03, 2019 4:00 pm    Sujet du message: Best times for masses? Répondre en citant

I've grown tired of asking the parishoners the best time for masses.

The responses were often poor in number and often you got replies that when you put them together was no clearer for a mass time.

So I decided to look elsewhere.

The Job noticeboard. Each town has a list of jobs and when the contract was accepted. I kept record of the times over a two month period and the times with the most often accepted contracts I made my mass times.

There are probably better ways to decide - please provide feedback.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
gastaldia

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 03, 2019 4:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Good morning brother, in our church in the Hispanic kingdom of Aragon, in the capital city of Zaragoza, we have this time slot for IG masses

Citation:
Mass schedule

A Mass is celebrated every Sunday from 3pm to 5pm, Spanish hours (1pm to 3pm GMT)
and every Wednesday from 9pm to 11pm, Spanish hours (7pm to 9pm GMT)

I don't know how the respective schedules for the church area in England / Ireland / Scotland would be in this case.

But I could have Sunday in a morning time slot and Wednesday in the afternoon band.

I could contact Sister Cardinal Jolieen of the Church of Scotland to have a more propitious response

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 04, 2019 10:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Based on my experience as a parish priest, the most attended mass schedule doesn't depend on what is being followed by a parish in Two Sicilies, or in Utrecht or even in your neighboring parish. It solely depends on your own parishioners' availability to attend mass on the appointed schedules. So asking them of their availability is still the best way to set mass times in your own parish. We cannot please everybody nor cater to all. A compromise is the next best thing. I try to set them on when most of them can attend.

Citation:
The Job noticeboard. Each town has a list of jobs and when the contract was accepted. I kept record of the times over a two month period and the times with the most often accepted contracts I made my mass times.

Brother, this idea is new to me and I think it is a very good one. This will enable me to know when most of my parishioners are active and I can set the mass in these times. Please allow me to borrow your idea.

(OCC: By experience, it is best to know what time zones do my parishioners belong. E.g. If most are in the area of UK, France and adjacent countries, I can set mass time when they are awake. Or if a large group are in the US East Coast or in Oceana, I can set another mass time for them.

This will enable me to set mass times on when majority of them are awake and available. I can set the weekday mass to when a major group is available and set the Sunday mass to another major group's available time. Again, we cannot please everybody, but at least we can serve most of them. This is unique to every parish, so adopting other's schedule will most likely not be effective. The most basic thing to remember is to know who are we serving and where they are.)

Archbishop of York | Parish Priest of Egremont
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: