L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[EN] The Siege of Aornos Chapter VI

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Policarpo

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 25, 2019 10:39 pm    Sujet du message: [EN] The Siege of Aornos Chapter VI Répondre en citant

Citation:
Life of Aristotle – The Siege of Aornos – Chapter VI

On the evening of this victory by the word, Alexander, accompanied by Aristotle and myself, was able to observe the effervescence which reigned in the city of Aornos. The words of the prophet had been so strong that all inhabitants had to come to see this man whom all already considered as their new guide. Looking back, I still remember perfectly the feeling of freedom and joy that gripped Aornos; the powerful corruption still present had been driven out by the plebs and the others who had all gathered at the foot of the temple of the great manitou, where Aristotle and his generals had established their headquarters. A representative was sent to meet the Greek and palaver about the fate of the city.

The man who appeared before us was young, he called himself Jeremiah, he was dressed in simple clothes and had been chosen because he had always understood that Aornos was falling into disuse. Jeremiah was a philosopher and breathed virtue. He humbly approached Aristotle and greeted him with deference before saying these words: “Aristotle, your victory has opened our eyes, the city is now cleansed of all defilement with the disappearance of the great manitou. We rely on your wisdom to guide us in our future.” Aristotle was silent for a long time, Alexander did not intervene leaving the philosopher the gain of this victory that was so important for the latter. The greek used all his splendor to respond to the one who faced him: “Aornos was the seat of all vices and all sins, the city was guided by corruption and acedia, now it's all over. Formerly, I had a dream, that of an ideal city that I thought I had found when arriving in Aornos, such was my terror to see what I saw there. We must now build this new life together, that's why I'm going to write the precepts that will make Aornos the city of my dreams."

In the following days, Aristotle asked that no one disturb him on any pretext and shut himself up in a room with some food and a little water. I took advantage of this respite to walk the narrow streets of Aornos and listened to what was said there. The people had found themselves in friendship, the classes had been abolished and all shared a single purpose: to live together in perfect harmony. I was sure it would not last and that this state was mostly due to the latest events. Jeremiah had explained to the people what Aristotle had told him, and all were waiting for one thing, to put into practice those precepts spoken of by the prophet. Alexander, meanwhile enjoyed a little rest, putting his generals in command to maintain order when needed. In a few words, I can tell you today, how much these moments trotted in my mind as a turning point in the history of Aornos.

Exactly seven days after the victory of Aristotle, the latter, who had not given any sign of life during all this time, finally came out of retreat. He asked Alexander to bring Jeremiah and explained the fruits of his work with an air of appeasement and certainty in his eyes: “Aornos will be an ideal and perfect city, where all will live in harmony. The balance will be so strong that no one will be able to break it, and everyone will be welcomed like a brother. This city will be organized according to the principle of three concentric circles, or three classes of citizens." And Aristotle thus exposed each stage of the organization of the new Aornos. He explained that the city should keep the same name, to prove to all that the heart of the man can change from shadow to return to the light. Jeremiah and Alexander drank these words filled with wisdom, and we all understood that there was no alternative but to apply these just precepts.

We stayed six months at Aornos, helping Jeremiah to implement what Aristotle wrote, working tirelessly to recreate that city that the prophet had dreamed of and arguing with everyone the reasons for each decision. It is easy for me today to understand how this work was immense, because at the moment, when I write these lines, Aornos still shines with the flame that Aristotle gave birth in her. Alexander had endorsed everything; every point had been accepted, it seemed to him that the he owed it to his friend. At the turn of a conversation, seeing what interest I bore to the wise words of the prophet, Alexander explained to me that he could not have upset his friend in his ideal city project. Indeed, he had told me that he had never seen him so determined to destroy vice before returning from the city.

During these six months, Aristotle taught Jeremiah and some other inhabitants of the city the subtleties of the faith, he made them see the beauty of the love of the Most High and firmly anchored in their hearts fervor and friendship. They constituted the golden class, that of the kings' philosophers, the third circle of Aornos, all of who practiced virtue with great humility. Everyone became a priest and together they directed Aornos towards the light. It was they, with the help of Aristotle, who formed the two other circles: the silver class, composed of citizen soldiers, and the class of brass, composed of the producers. Thus Aronos experienced an era of splendor, mingled with faith and friendship where everyone naturally found his place. Once this magnificent work was completed and prospered, we decided to resume the long journey that we had started. Aristotle, who had dreamed of this ideal city, explained that he still had to continue his work through the kingdoms and Alexander went on his way with his armies. We left Aornos in the hands of Jeremiah and philosopher kings never to return. Our path led us to the gates of Athens that we had left so long ago, the soul filled with rich and imperishable memories.

Translated by brothers: Angelo de Montemayor and Bender.B.Rodriguez
Translated from french into English by Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose
Proofread by Conradh MacKinnon

German archivist for the Roman registers of Sacraments
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: