L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Ahem - level 2 priests? Questions!
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 02, 2008 8:07 am    Sujet du message: Ahem - level 2 priests? Questions! Répondre en citant

Citation:
Anaxila, i'm please to informed you that the English Episcopal Assembly and the ESPC had validated your proposal: men and women wishing to swear the vows and become priest, can do so at level 2.

So, knock me over with a feather. This I didn't expect. I've only been Deacon for a month and am still level 1, but within a couple of weeks I'll be jumping up to level 2.

I've checked the calendar and yesterday was the 1st of March and not the 1st of April, so I guess you guys are serious about this decision.

Trying to contain my curiosity and excitement - but what requirements would there be to work towards, before swearing vows and seeking to become a priest?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Dainsleif

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 03, 2008 3:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

One would have to be lv 2 naturally. Also by becoming a Priest while still at lv 2, you cannot change your mind anymore. You HAVE to take Church way when you level up.

As for the other requirements, I really cannot see anymore besides the usual - ordination, no marriage etc.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 04, 2008 4:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you for the reply Smile

I shall speak to my bishop about this some more nearer the time.
Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 10, 2008 11:23 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I do loath to put a damper on your excitement Sister, but I must point out that, "the English Episcopal Assembly" voted to ask for the appointment of level 2 priests. That body's authority is limited to the dioceses within England. You of course are not a deacon in any of those dioceses. As such this policy does not yet apply to you.

At this moment the chamberlain's office is willing to expand this policy to Scotland. However it will only do so at the recommendation of the senior prelate in Scotland: Syounger, archbishop of Glasgow. Until such time that His Grace should recommend such a policy change, you will not be eligible for ordination until level 3.
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 11, 2008 2:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Shakes his head in disbelief

But then realises for the first time the ESPC has recognised Scotland has an Archbishop and is capable of making decisions on their own Laughing

A step in the right direction but a public statement that might have been handled with a little more tact!

So the English Assemby has no say about Scotland but loves to talk about us! Embarassed

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 12, 2008 10:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Nae problem!

I'm happy to get clear information any which way or how Smile

Also, this clarifies that the EA in England does not authority in Scotland, a question I've asked but not heard a clear reply on. The nice spokesperson of the EA in England wasn't sure herself and was going to get back to me on it, because she said that father trontor and cleophas had been sitting on the EA while in Scotland.

So good news all around in terms of stepping forward with information.

But I suppose this also means I shouldn't be applying to join the hall of meeting then as the description says for clergy and deacons of England? Does that mean we set one up here for the scottish clergy and deacons instead? It's all a bit confusing as this forum is for the Church of England.

Edit: Anyway, getting back to the point ... Father Syounger, what's your thoughts on this?
latan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 12, 2008 11:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As the EA of Scotland does not exist yet (maybe soon? Depend on the admin Wink, it may be to soon to discuss it, but in my point of view a priest is a priest and priests in Scotland should access the hall of the priests in England, and vice versa. We are universal.
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 13, 2008 1:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It would appear I agree with my learned friend, not a habit we're known for Laughing
But yes I've added you

I've also mailed you to bring you up to speed on latest developments and my direction concerning both England and Scotland.

As for thoughts I tend not to try to hard as most of my thoughts are not encouraged by the ESPC and therefore disappointment and frustration can creep in. Embarassed

Best to have one thought at a time so with that in mind I will think of the nice English spokesperson Wink

Cardinal Bishop in Partibus of Augusta Former Bishop of Portsmouth, Whithorn, Glasgow, Hereford & Worcester
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 13, 2008 2:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Well, this is all good. And aye, universal, totally agree. All ye need is love as Christos once said, or ah think he said, but someone said and aye, we're all Jah's children.

Ah'll go check out that hall then and thank ye fer the mail, Father Syounger - most illuminating Smile
Loxxy

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 13, 2008 11:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

But we've had level2 Deacons become Priest before, why the change back to that idea now?
There must have been a good reason why this stopped before.
I've been a Deaconess since I too was level 1...quite a while now, at least 7 months...but I'm not sure I could match the mastery of a true Level 3 Church way Priest.
syounger
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 13, 2008 8:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Nonsense you have done more good in Girvan than most Priests do Sister you’re a natural.

I would be most disappointed if you did not follow the Church Path it would be such a waste of talent as it would with you sister Catriona Delacroix.

To have two such beautiful Deaconess in my patch is more than I could have hoped for, to have two Priestesses a dream come true Wink

I'm hoping a friend of mine Mother Sepia a former Priestess of Plymouth may join me here in Scotland soon. I like to surround my self with beautiful women it keeps me happy and contented and a Happy Bishop is always a good Bishop Laughing

You have now both got excess the Hall of meeting and increased the Scottish numbers:wink:

Riktin

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 13, 2008 9:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The practice was discontinued because we had enough church way level 3s to fill the roles. When the game was coded, it was intended that only level 3 church way would be able to be full clergy; it is not coded for bishops to be able to appoint any level 2s, so we simply cannot. We rely on LJS to appoint level 2s for us, and he's not exactly speedy on it (Father Gimi of Sevenoaks has missed 4 masses because he's not installed just yet). I'm not pointing blame here; admin have a huge amount to do, so it's completely understandable that this would take some time. However, it also means that it is darned inconvenient for us to have to wait several weeks while an ordained level 2 priest waits to have access to his office so he can set up the mass.

So we only take level 2s as priest when there are too many empty parishes and not enough level 3 church way people who are willing to commit to the clergy. I was brought in as a level 2... several years ago, but I was also one of the last ones allowed in as level 2. Our parishes filled up and we had enough level 3s, so we restricted clergy to what is coded in game again. Now we are in the same situation, so we have loosened the restrictions once more.

I feel I haven't communicated clearly here... I believe most of the info is there, but it's not well-organized. Please do ask if you need me to explain things better.

Embarassed
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 14, 2008 1:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Very clear - thank ye Smile
Loxxy

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 14, 2008 2:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I thought that was very well said sweety, I understood perfectly.

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 14, 2008 10:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you. I felt I was being rather inconcise. I'm glad Jah saw fit to communicate through my rambling.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
Page 1 sur 3

Sauter vers: