L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Ahem - level 2 priests? Questions!
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Flaithbheartach

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 10:10 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

So is the implementation of level 2 priests possible? I see Blazingfast is one, I want to know if I'll have that option in a few weeks. Scotland currently has 7 of it's 13 parishes vacant, and I am 100% certain I want to be a priest and choose the church way when I hit level 3.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 11:35 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Flaithbheartach a écrit:
So is the implementation of level 2 priests possible?

Only in RP, not IG.
As such, a level 2 priest would not be able to serve as the curé of the parish church. Also within the ZG anglo, one has to be a member of a religious order to possibly become a priest at level 2. Currently the only religious order operating in the ZG anglo that has been authorised to ordain at level 2 is the Ordo fratrum Minorum, id est the Franciscans.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Flaithbheartach

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 11:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

What would be required to make the Order of Saint Dwywai the Ecstatic another such order? My character is an ardent follower of Saint Dwywai, and a friar of that order.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 12:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The rector-general of the ODE would have to request such authorisation from the cardinal of religious affairs. Of course a rector-general would have to be elected first in order to make that request.
Flaithbheartach

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 12:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ok. One more question, what is the difference between being a deacon and level2 RP-only priest? Other then the names of course.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 12:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The deacon is a lay minister that has a charge pro tempore to a particular parish. He may leave his charge simply by informing his priest or bishop. In all other ways he retains his status as a simple faithful.

The level 2 priest, is an ordained minister that has committed to life vocation and obligation to become a theologian (level 3 church way). He shall never marry, found a family, or carry arms (sans ceremonial). He may only leave this status by the formal process laicisation. His defrocking requires the approval of a cardinal. Save for the officiating at the mass, he has all the responsibilities of the ordained.
Flaithbheartach

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 1:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The ODE does not have a rank called "Rector-General" the leader of the order is styled "Rector" - I'm not sure of the difference of those two. The Rector of ODE is currently Avia I believe, if she is Rector would she have the right to ask for such authorization?

(Sorry for adding another question, it just popped into my mind.)
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 1:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Actually the head of the ODE is canonically a rector-general (as are all heads of religious orders; though not all are called by that name). The last rector-general was The Venerable Eraine. If Avia does meet the requirements, she will need to be formally elected and validated by the Cardinal Religious.
Flaithbheartach

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 2:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ok, thank you very much for answering my questions. I won't be pushing Avia into going through all the formal processes just for me. Laughing

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 2:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Rector General of the ODE is HE RumD. That was the last information I had about the Order.

Apocas
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 2:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It is not particularly arduous on her part. She just sits there, while everyone else has to decide to vote for her or not. Then the cardinal has to decide to validate or not. Arguably she is the only person in the entire process that does not have to do anything. Wink

At most she has to decide if she actually wants the position. Well someone will have to take on the charge at some point. So I am sure the issue will be addressed eventually.

Until then, Friar Flaith may you continue in good work in service to the Most High and your brother and sisters though Dwywai.

Blazingfast a écrit:
The Rector General of the ODE is HE RumD. That was the last information I had about the Order.

Actually he is the Prior-General, the second to the rector-general.
Flaithbheartach

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 3:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Apocas a écrit:
It is not particularly arduous on her part. She just sits there, while everyone else has to decide to vote for her or not. Then the cardinal has to decide to validate or not. Arguably she is the only person in the entire process that does not have to do anything. Wink

At most she has to decide if she actually wants the position. Well someone will have to take on the charge at some point. So I am sure the issue will be addressed eventually.

Until then, Friar Flaith may you continue in good work in service to the Most High and your brother and sisters though Dwywai.
"Well I shall bring it up than to see if she's interested, again thank you. Regardless I will continue my current work with glee."

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 27, 2011 8:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dainsleif a écrit:
Well as already mentioned the lv2 priesthood was the thing of the past. Coding permits Bishops to appoint lv2-s and since admins dont take action, there really isnt anything we could do about it.

Anyone can confirm that he meant the opposite of ''coding does permits Bishops to appoint lv2-s''?

If coding permits it, then at last the lack of priest problem is solved in An Mumhain. But I do think he meant ''doesn't'' as per the rest of the sentence.
koolike101

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 27, 2011 6:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tested it, didn't work
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
Page 3 sur 3

Sauter vers: