L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[RP] Arrival of the young Yakobus

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Order of the Jesuits
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Yakobus

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 14, 2022 7:41 pm    Sujet du message: [RP] Arrival of the young Yakobus Répondre en citant

After a life of travel and misfortune, Yakobus finally set foot in the eternal city. Yakobus was still quite young, about 17 summers old. He might have learned a lot about the world when it comes to surviving and traveling since he was forced to travel from place to place as an orphan. Although because of his travels he is quite old for his age, he hardly learned anything about the intellectual world. As a young boy, he spent the first years of his life in an orphanage, and at around his 12th year, he started to travel, mainly through the German Empire. Although he did not learn a lot from the intellectual world, he manage to learn Dutch, German, and English enough to be able to communicate.

But now he finally arrived in the Pontiffs city. Some weeks ago he decided that he had enough of his life, a life of meaningless traveling. He decided he needed to follow the way of the Lord. But since he even wasn't baptized - or at least not to his knowledge - he did not know where to start. So he figured he would travel to Rome in search of a monastery, in the hope the brothers there would be able to help him.

The mother abbey of the Jesuits was the first abbey the young Yakobus came allong. A bit insecure he knocked on the door he saw in front of him in the hope one of the brothers would open the door. While he waited he mumbled a short prayer in his mother tongue..

Oh Hemelse Vader, Jah, vergeef mij, een eenvoudige zwerver voor mijn zonden en sta mij bij. Oh, Jah, Eeuwige Vader, sta mij bij.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 26, 2022 7:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Winter in Rome was never cold but not really blisteringly warm either, in fact it was pleasant and perhaps a good reason to stay. However, a new important time had now dawned. The time of citrus fruits and so he came up the path with a basket of freshly picked oranges where he saw a young man.

Dominus vobiscum, young man. The cardinal looked at him curiously.

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 27, 2022 4:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dominus vobiscum, young man. Yakobus turned around when he heared a male voice. Het looked at the man in front of him, he was well dressed, some sort of cleric, Yakobus was not sure of which rank but surely a bishop or cardinal. Humbly he nods his head. Good day, Father. Nervously the young man tried to form a sentence. My name is Yakobus, I am from the Low Countries, I was looking for the Jesuits. Could you maybe point me to them, Father?
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 29, 2022 7:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Kalixtus looked at the young man very closely. What did he mean by the Low Countries? Perhaps another name for the Netherlands? He knew the derivation of the term but never heard it that way.

The Jesuits are right here. Cardinal Kalixtus smirked mysteriously. But actually they are everywhere. Because their essence runs through the world of the Church like a golden ribbon. Although admittedly, the black is preferred. Simplicity was something important, simple but not cheap. Dignified but not vain.

It was simply impossible for the cardinal not to teach, not even when it was not necessary. But that was his mark. In these times, perhaps even more than usual. In times when many powers had much to learn. The cardinal turned and looked at the man with his ice-blue eyes. It was a little as if he was walking through the man's mind, looking at his past, present and future. Scanning the potential and looking through the personality, his character and letting the many many years of experience speak.

With a wave towards the gate, it opened as if by magic and the cardinal smiled. I am Cardinal Kalixtus Alain-Edmond de Montfort-Beaumont d'Autevielle. I am the Praepositus Generalis of the Order of the Jesuits and thus guardian of the Societe Christo. It seems that the community has decided to welcome you. At least I think so. the cardinal was referring to the welcoming open gate.

But be warned, if you step over this threshold, you will leave this place as someone else.

The cardinal lifted the basket and stepped past the Dutchman to wink at him. In the courtyard surrounded by the arcades, a steady fountain of fresh spring water gurgled. There the cardinal would sit and wait for the young man who had come here to the home of knowledge and mysticism.

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 02, 2022 4:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The young Jesuit heard the call at the door of the Abbey as he was strolling placidly through the porticoed cloister of the Abbey. For him these quiet and inspiring walks were a true gift from the Most High, for they took him away from the daily noise.

With a firm step he approached the shutter where he could see the Praepositus Generalis himself, Brother Kalixtus, greeting the newcomer.

Seeing the gesture of his superior, he opened the door for the two to enter the abbey and as they passed, he greeted them kindly.

Dominus vobiscum, he said

-------------------------------------------

El joven jesuita escucho la llamada en la puerta de la Abadía mientras se encontraba paseando placidamente por el claustro porticado de la misma. Para el estos paseos tranquilos e inspiradores eran un verdadero regalo del altisimo pues lo alejaban del ruido diario.

Con paso firme se acerco al postigo donde pudo ver como el propio Praepositus Generalis, el Hermano Kalixtus, recibía al recien llegado.

Al ver el gesto de su superior abrió la puerta para que ambos entraran al interior de la abadía y al paso de ambos los saludo amablemente.

Dominus vobiscum, dijo

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 03, 2022 1:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The illustrious man in front of him replied to Yakobus. He did not quite understand what he was talking about, but at least Yakobus seemed to be in the right place. The mysterious glance of the Father together with his sayings triggered a curious feeling in the young man. A bit cautious he nodded his head.

Somewhat magically the gate in front of the two men opened. The young man was not used to a lot and quite impressed. The important-looking figure in front of him smiled and introduced himself to Yakobus, who did not know to present himself. The young man was not learned in etiquette and reacted clumsily towards the Cardinal.
Oh, Fath-, Emin-, He was looking for the proper words, Forgive me for my behaviour, I am merely a simple peasant. He tried to reach for the Cardinal's hand to kiss it, but in his clumsiness, he missed it as the Cardinal moved through the gate to sit down in the courtyard.

The young man walked through the gate and was impressed by what he saw. The courtyard was filled with decorations and a beautiful fountain. The young man had not seen a lot in his life and had been quite poor. Suddenly he was more than just a little aware of his shabby appearance. He felt a little ashamed and uncomfortable. Doubtful he walks toward the Cardinal to sit beside him, but before he can reach him another individual appears. Yakobus was, again, spoken to with this Latin phrase he did not recognize. Greetings Father. He replied. Unsure what to do he still stood in the middle of the courtyard. He looked at the Cardinal, who gave him a confusing feeling - he did not know whether to be afraid or impressed by the illustrious man - while he spoke to him. Father, Eminence, forgive me.. I hope I do not bother you. I am nothing but a poor boy from the county of Holland. I am merely seventeen summers old but traveled a lot. I feel lost father, I am in discomfort. So I traveled to Rome, hoping to find guidance, hoping to find Jah. Im not even baptized Father, as he looked a little ashamed, I hope I do not bother you, as he looked at both men, But could you help me and my soul..Father?
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 12, 2022 5:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Kalixtus observed the young man with some attention. It was the famous interest that was inherent in the cardinal. A contemplation of the soul, the potential, the possibilities that could be or were inherent in this man.

So the great Kalixtus considered whether this man was worth investing in or not. It was all a question of choices. For if not, then a conclusion would soon be reached. Welser joined the conversation and the cardinal threw him an orange. Eat, it's healthy. He smiled and handed Yakobus an orange too.

The orange knows a lot about life. It is a tree that bears leaves all year round and then, when it gets cool, cold and frosty, the most beautiful flowers with the sweetest fragrance develop and before you know it, strong orange fruits grow that are full of sweetness. So, surprisingly, the barren soil may give us sweet fruits. Such is life. A barren life need not lead to stunted fruit. Often it is barrenness itself that first flourishes into consummate sweetness.
    To the world of far-off Holland, these exotics may be something extraordinary, but soon the mighty merchant cogs of the great nation of the Netherlands will command an empire of their own, stripping these fruits of their exoticism. In this too rests a wisdom, when the sweetness of life goes on a great voyage, it can not only share the pleasures of the world, but multiply them.

That is why you are here, my young friend. You seek the sweetness of life and let us share it.
    Seeking baptism is a good reason to be here but know that God rests in all things. His magnificent spirit of creation is a characteristic of this world.

Tell us a little about yourself while we indulge in the sweet orange and dive into another world.

Kalixtus smiled mystically and his long, crescent-shaped nails sank into the peel of the orange, which he expertly separated from the flesh, and the precious perfume from the oils of the peel rose like a cloud of beauty and memory. So it was a little different for everyone, because oranges used to get to the bottom of the nature of things.

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 14, 2022 6:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Su Eminencia y el joven con el que había entablado conversación accedieron al patio porticado de la abadía. Tras ellos caminó Welser acompañándolos hasta la hermosa estancia donde el Hermano Kalixtus se sentó cómodamente y lanzó a Welser una hermosa naranja del huerto de la abadía. Sin duda el Praepositus Generalis sabia elegir los mejores frutos

El joven jesuita busco un lugar donde apoyarse cercano a ambos y se dispuso a disfrutar de las enseñanzas de su maestro. Siempre era un lujo escucharlo hablar y la forma en la que trasmitía su sabiduría
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Order of the Jesuits Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: