L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[RP] Meeting with Didicus Crescenzi

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Chancellerie Pontificale – Pontificia Cancellariae – Papal Chancellery
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Felipe...
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 25, 2023 4:55 pm    Sujet du message: [RP] Meeting with Didicus Crescenzi Répondre en citant

Several days earlier, the Vice-Chancellor had received a message in his office in the Chancellery from the Count of Gualdo Tadinus, whom he had met some time before during the extraordinary session in the Senate for the election of the Censor. Apparently Didicus was interested in one of the vacant posts in the Chancellery, so the Hispanic prelate immediately sent a reply and paid the messenger handsomely to ensure that it reached its addressee in Holland. Despite that brief meeting in the senate, Felipe did not know the count very well, so while waiting for a reply to his message, he made a point of inquiring about him, because he liked to have a prior and well-founded opinion about the people who worked in his congregation. An interview was customary on such occasions before making a decision on appointments, as he had been taught by his mentor, the elder Cardinal Arnarion, and so it would be done.

A few days later, Felipe heard that the Count of Gualdo Tadino was in Rome, so he asked one of his secretaries to arrange a meeting between both of them in one of the halls of the Chancellery. Felipe was not one of those people who liked to keep his guests waiting, so he arrived before the appointed time. He strolled slowly through the marble-floored room with its frescoed walls, with his head abstracted by many other matters, while at a table awaited a little refreshment for the Dutch guest and himself. And as everyone knows, in Rome a little snack means more than a glass of wine and a small sweet.

- Angelo, show the count in as soon as he arrives, please - he said to his trusted secretary.

_______.______Sanctae Mariae Rotundae cardinalis episcopus | Archiepiscopus Burdigalensis
__________..Secretarius brevium ad Principes | Sanctae Sedis Vice-cancillarius et Magnus Auditor
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Didicus

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 26, 2023 12:10 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Didicus arrived in Rome for one of his regular visits to the Eternal city.
    Not long after his arrival, he recieved an invitation for a lunch and interview.
    He gave Mombert the task to reschedule their plans so he could make it in time for the invitation.

Upon arrival at the Chancellery, there was someone waiting for him who showed him immediatly toward the right place. A very rare event where things were so well organised.
    After thanking the person for guiding him towards the correct room, he entered and bowed when seeing the Cardinal waiting.

"Your Eminence, thank you for your kind invitation."

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 26, 2023 1:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

When the door to the hall was opened by one of the servants, Felipe turned and came forward to greet his guest with a gentle smile. The cardinal reached out and shook the Dutchman's hand vigorously.

- Your magnificence. Welcome to the Palace of the Chancellery. It is I who must thank you for accepting my invitation, I hope I have not forced you to alter your agenda too much.

The vice-chancellor waved his hand and invited the count to walk beside him to the other end of the huge room, where the table and the two chairs were placed.

- I hope your trip to Rome was pleasant despite the distance from your homeland. I thought a meal while we discussed the matter at hand would be most pertinent. Or at least more relaxed.

- Please - he said to Didicus to take a seat at the table.

It had a white embroidered linen tablecloth on which were set several plates of fine Faenza porcelain and four Murano enamelled glass goblets, as well as two silver forks. A decanter of Castilian white wine, a tray of torta d'erbe, a plate of oysters on ice and, for dessert, another plate of Sicilian cannoli.

The cardinal personally served the wine and water, first to Didicus, then to himself.

- It's just a small aperitif, I hope it is to your liking - Felipe took a sip of white wine - Well, so you are interested in the position of Praefectus Urbis, what do you think of the city of Rome, do you like the architecture? I must admit that this position is very sought after and prestigious, even though some people may consider it even irrelevant considering the transcendental religious and political decisions that are made in Rome on a daily basis. However, I am of the opinion that it is an essential position, as well as being pleasurable and instructive.

Felipe took a piece of the puff pastry herb cake with his fork and savoured it as he listened to the count.

_______.______Sanctae Mariae Rotundae cardinalis episcopus | Archiepiscopus Burdigalensis
__________..Secretarius brevium ad Principes | Sanctae Sedis Vice-cancillarius et Magnus Auditor
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Didicus

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 26, 2023 11:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Upon being greeted he thanked His Eminence for his kindness before accepting to take a seat.
    Glad to being offered food, he answered first "The trip was pleasant. I travel regularly between Bentheim and Incisa to visit my wife, and while doing so the trip towards Gualdo Tadino is a must as well. It brings me a lot of joy to spend some time in Rome, where I was born originally." before listening to the further question. "Well, Rome feels like home. The architectural art is fascinating and never gets bored. Although there are for sure some improvements to be made. I think about updating the sewers. It would help prevent spreading deceases from time to time to give an example.

Besides that there could be some increased survaillance from authorities in certain suburbs where taverns often turn into small battlegrounds as the nights go on. But these aren't unusual remarks for a city of the size such as Rome.

Besides that, the religious and political decisions that are made here are way above my standing. I can only follow the wisdom provided by His Holiness and the Curia. It is not my place nor will to question the decisions they make. I understand that, as being Pope you are ruler of Kings. And not all decisions can be popular. But I believe it to be a strength to also enact these decisions.

And personally I would be honored to have to reside in Rome on a more permanent basis again to forful my duties. It is a city full of opportunity, full of hard work and responsability. But this will bring much joy to be able to contribute to the overall progress to Rome as a city."

Didicus then stops for a bit to take a bite from pastry and takes a sip from his wine.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 27, 2023 7:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

- Oh dear, I didn't know you were born in Rome! Now I understand why you are so enthusiastic about this position. I suppose you still have a lot of childhood memories.- Felipe sipped his wine again - Just a few improvements? - the cardinal smiled wryly - Come on, half the city is falling apart! We are in one of the most beautiful cities on earth but many buildings are in ruins or in a deplorable condition. It doesn't mean it's the Holy See's fault, but I believe that with our work we can dignify it. I agree with you, the issue of the sewers is very old and certainly of vital importance. As for the security of the city, it is also a sensitive issue that we will have to deal with.

Felipe took a short, wide knife, with the other hand he picked one of the oysters from the ice tray, and covering it with a cotton cloth, he inserted the tip of the knife to open it. They were fresh oysters, still alive. Then he added a little lemon juice inside and slurped the mollusc.

After washing his hands in a ewer, he said: - However, we have a much bigger problem than that: the cadastre register. Unfortunately our list of properties is not perfectly up to date, which means that some of the properties are not properly documented, which requires us to make too many checks before attributing a property. Imagine the embarrassment if we grant a property that already had a tenant! or even properties whose residents died years ago and we do not know this fact. So that would be your first task: take all the property registration documents and make sure that they are all correctly noted in the land registry listing.

- Another issue is the new map of the city. Will you allow me if I feel a bit proud of my own work? Of course I have had assistants who went to take the measurements on site. Now, we have to write down on the map the exact location of each of the buildings; it is a tedious task, but it is the only way to know how to locate each of the properties. You don't have to worry about this, because I would do it myself.

Felipe opened another oyster and placed it on Didicus's plate. - So, after knowing these details, are you willing to take charge of this office?

[OOC: The Office of the City ]

Didicus

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 31, 2023 2:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Didicus listened carefully to the tasks ahead and looked carefully at the well-drawn map of Rome.
The cadastre is something he was used working with. It was not that different from naming certain tennants to his own properties. Although this would be more detailed ofcourse.

The map looks impressive. And after hearing what has to happen with it, he took a minut to think things through before answering... "Your Eminence, the cadastre is a job I can handle easily. It will take some time ofcourse to look things up at different places, but I will be able to forfil this task.

The map looks more challenging for sure. I don't mind spending some time outside to visit each building, and like that, appoint it to the exact location. Are there any helpers I can rely on for the drawing itself? I must admit that art isn't one of my strong points."

OOC: I am really bad with graphic programs etc,... So not sure if I will be able to put it on the maps like the examples I see.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 02, 2023 2:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The vice-chancellor nodded as he stood quietly listening to Didicus' explanations. It did not take the Cardinal too much time to realise that the Count of Gualdo Tadino was the right candidate for the Office of the City. Before reaching the deserts he had already made up his mind, although he allowed his guest to explain himself in order to know him better.

- Don't worry, your magnificence, you are not asked to update the cadastre immediately, you will just have to take it as one of your priority responsibilities, because without that update you will find that registering new properties as petitioners arrive at our office will make the work more burdensome.

Felipe took one of the cannoli and savoured it pleasantly. The meal was coming to an end. It had been a very pleasant time to share this moment of rest with the man who was to become the Praefectus Urbis.

- Regarding the map, you will not be in charge of modifying it personally, it will only be necessary to identify in which sector each building is located, a task that will be done between the both of us. You can see that each section of the map is accompanied by a small appendix: a brief list of properties, streets, squares and prominent places in the city.

The cardinal waited patiently for his guest to finish his dessert as well; after that Felipe got up and asked Didicus to follow him.

- Well, it's time to work. I will show you to your new chambers [1] [2] and explain briefly how you are to be initiated into the office. I'm sure you'll love it. Please follow me...

Didicus

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 03, 2023 12:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Didicus listens to the Cardinal while finishing his desert. He stands up, thanks him for the lovely meal and follows him to the new rooms.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Chancellerie Pontificale – Pontificia Cancellariae – Papal Chancellery Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: