L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Blessed Wilgeforte - meeting in Aristote's Square

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 20, 2015 2:25 am    Sujet du message: Blessed Wilgeforte - meeting in Aristote's Square Répondre en citant

Catriona pinned up an announcement from the Congregation of the Holy Office in Rome to highlight it to the Faithful of the Church in the English speaking lands, adding her own note underneath. She also took a copy of the announcement back to the church's forum for the benefit of those who did not visit Rome on a regular basis.

Citation:

Congregationis Sancti Officii.

Opening the trial on Canonization of the Blessed Wilgefortis Torretta-Granitola.

Us, His Eminence Gregy, Vice-Chancellor of the Congregation of the Holy Office, Deputy His Eminence Teagan legitimate Chancellor of the Holy Office, declare:

- The coterie of theologians had voted the proposition of Canonization of the Blessed Wilgefortis Torretta-Granitola
- Have sought and obtained the prior consent of the Sacred College of the Roman Curia for the opening of the trial Canonization of the Blessed Wilgefortis Torretta-Granitola
- The opening of the trial Canonization of the Blessed Wilgefortis Torretta-Granitola will start the day XXI of January, the year MCDLXIII for a period of seven days.
- That the universality of faithfuls will decide on the holiness of the Blessed Wilgefortis Torretta-Granitola after 7 days
- A majority of 7/10 is required to validate the canonization of the Blessed Wilgefortis Torretta-Granitola and add his name to the list of Saints of the Aristotelian Church.
- That the Blessed Wilgefortis Torretta-Granitola remain Beate Church Aristotelian if a majority of 7/10 was not reached.

Written at Rome, the XIX of January, the year MCDLXIII

On behalf of the Holy Church Aristotelian,
His Eminence Gregy, Holy Office of the Vice-Chancellor

Citation:
Greetings to the Faithful of the Universal Roman and Aristotelian Church!

The above announcement is an invitation to all Faithful to attend a gathering in Aristote's square in Rome, to discuss and decide on whether the woman known as Blessed Wilgeforte should be canonised and become a Saint. For those worried that they may not be able to converse in French, the discussion is also being held in English. I will admit I've nay heard of Blessed Wilgeforte before, as sadly we do not have an English translation of her hagiography, but I hope those curious will join me in finding out more. The decision on whether she is canonised dépends I believe on a vote by the faithful, requiring a majority of 70%.

See you there!
In Faith

Catriona Mackenzie

ooc: link to the gathering in Aristote's Square: http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?t=44389
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Teagan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 21, 2015 2:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

as an old timer, I know Wilgeforte.

As Wilgeforte will possibly become a modern saint, the discussion is open to all. Thats because there may be people out there who actually know Wilgeforte and do not share the opinion that she deserves canonisation.

When ancient saints are being discussed, its done by the saint office and curia alone.

In the early days of the era of the renewal of the faith (1453 onwards) it was relatively easy to become a modern saint. And it was probably necessary to galvanise the renewal! Now it is harder, but not impossible.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 21, 2015 7:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I look forward to learning more about her and hearing your memories of her in Aristote's Square. Smile
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 26, 2015 6:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Well so far no one's spoken up about her ... and it may be that actually there isn't anyone there who knew her well to feel up to the task of testifying on her behalf. But I'm finding it interesting if only to see who turns up for these sort of occasions Smile

What happens if no one speaks up? I think there's only a couple of days left in which to do so.

I'm thinking of attending the enthronement for the new Camerlengo too because I've never been to the St Titus Basilica before. Looks like it'll be a grand ceremony, but I'm a wee bit afraid of being the first to take a seat Very Happy

http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?t=44466

Mother Catriona Mackenzie, Bishop in partibus of Ephesus
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 31, 2015 7:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Someone finally spoke up to testify for Blessed Wilgeforte! Although it wasn't too enlightening ... but at least someone stepped up in the end.

The vote is open for 7 days here: http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?t=44527

and is open to any of the faithful and clergy. It's been interesting to see the process for canonisation in person and have the opportunity to take part in it, but also disappointing as no one felt confident to speak for her until the last person arrived. I'm used to non-participation in Church stuff in England and Ireland, but had hoped more would be interested here.

But then, I've only taken an interest myself here in the last year and a half so ... this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I guess ^^

Mother Catriona Mackenzie, Bishop in partibus of Ephesus
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: