L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Missle Texts for Gianvitus

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> ARCHIVES : DIOCESES IP -> IP Diocese of Lamia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 15, 2019 4:54 pm    Sujet du message: Missle Texts for Gianvitus Répondre en citant

Citation:
- 6th Sunday of Easter time

From the Life of Christos:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:56 am Post subject: Chapter V Reply with quote
Chapter 5

Joshua had been in the desert for several days already, drinking his water and eating the grasshoppers from the sand, when, tired, the desire to lie down and move no further filled him. It seemed to him that a mysterious force said to him: “Stop, Christos, line of Joseph, for you are tired. If you desire it, you may turn back and return to your home without any further exhaustion.” It was the creature without a name, it that had lived in the darkness for millennia. It did not want that, through Christos, word of the love of God would be spread. It had decided to corrupt Christos in order to divert him from his righteous mission. If the roots of the tree blackened, then it would never bear fruits.
Christos answered, without anger: “Get away from me, you who want me to lose myself in idleness. I will continue because the world belongs to those who rise early!” [...]
Then, as Joshua fasted for days, he became more and more hungry. [...] The creature without name, [...] said to him:
"Apri il tuo sacco Christos, figlio di Joseph, poiché sei affamato. Mangia questo pane e questa carne che ti attendono.[..]"
“Open your bag, Christos, line of Joseph, because you are hungry. Thus eat this meat and this bread that await you… you will always be able to eat the grasshoppers later. Think of your current hunger.”
[...]. Suddenly, by fixing the horizon in front of him, he saw the impression of an oasis. It was a small lake surrounded by green bushes.. [...] Christos recognized soon silhouettes of naked women bathing in this water. The honeyed voice of the creature without name said to him:
“Why do you hesitate, Christos, line of Joseph, to join them? Do you not hear them? These beautiful women who call you? They are here for you! And so beautiful, my goodness! ”
Christos answered, without anger: “Get you away, you spirit of vice, who wants to drown me in lust. I would not divert from my path, because, as true as I say it to you, this oasis and these women will disappear from my sight.”
[...] Then, as Joshua continued to go, without looking behind, he suddenly saw in front of him the image of a large city. This city was splendid, the walls and the battlements did not hide its richness. Its houses, decorated with gold and precious stones, seemed to shine with a thousand fires. [...]. The soft voice of the creature without name called to Christos: “See this beautiful city? Think of its riches! With the talents you have, you could become the mayor of it if you desire. Because, in truth, you were able to fast during all these days, like resisting tiredness and lust; your force of character could take you alongside the Most High! ”
Then Christos answered him, without putting himself in anger:
“Get away, malignant spirit which wants to lose me in pride, desire and avarice. I would also resist these sins there, because he is small who yields to his impulses.”
Then the creature without name cried out: “God made us His children because we are the strongest of His creatures. Among us, I am His preferred, because I am the strongest of us all. I alone understood that the strong were always to dominate the weak, just as you men dominate the cows, the pigs and the sheep. God gave us His creation to experience the thousand pleasures of the body and the spirit that we deserve. How is it possible to better pay homage to Him than in appreciating the pleasures of His creation?”
But Christos retorted: “Go away, tempter! Your presence among creation is an insult unto God. Know you that you are not His preferred. He relegated you to the darkness, because you were diverted from His light. He left you your existence only in order to test the faith of His children.”
And he added: “God made us His children because we are the only ones with understanding that, as He loves us, so He desires our love in return. He did not give you this status, shameful creature, because you do not have a soul, because your heart is black like jet. Admittedly, the world, created by God, offers a thousand pleasures and more. Admittedly, we pay homage to Him in knowing to appreciate them with their right value. But these pleasures must be tasted and not devoured. Only virtue, such as was taught to us by Aristotle the prophet, allows us to appreciate these worldly pleasures without falling into vice and sin.”
He concluded finally: “This is because sin is the negation of divine perfection. Total abandonment to the many pleasures is accompanied by diversion from the love of God, whereas the measured taste of the pleasures of divine creation can be done only in the love of its creator. Now take yourself away from me!”
At once, the creature without name, that had crawled at Joshua’s side, disappeared, leaving him alone at the edge of the desert. He had crossed this country of temptations in forty days.
(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. V)

Cardinal-Deacon of the British Isles -Bishop In Partibus of Lamia - Prefect to the Villa of St.Loyat - Expert to the pontificial collages of Heraldry - Assessor to the Developing Churches

Dernière édition par Jolieen le Lun Juil 15, 2019 10:23 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 15, 2019 4:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
-7th Sunday of Easter time

In those times, the world was in crisis. Many pagan religions abounded. Also, certain men had forgotten the precepts of Aristotle and worshiped false idols. Others, gathered in a powerful Church, claimed they followed Aristotle but had diverted his message or failed to comprehend it. Fortunately, there were still people who lived in the virtue such as it was taught by our first prophet. [...] Thus, the inhabitants of the country of Judea lived in a state of permanent sin and diverted more and more their eyes from the transcendence of the Almighty.
[...] Many lost souls wanted to turn to their spiritual guide, the highest priest of the country, the chief of all the priests, but this one remained silent before them. [...]
Christos, after his test in the desert, had returned to civilization, and preached the good news and the message of Aristotle in many places in the villages. He said: “Repent! Confess your sins, for The Most High does not like to see vice having invaded and conquered the cities of Men. ”
Several people listened to his speech. Two of them, a craftsman and his apprentice, were struck by the accuracy of his words. These were Titus, and your servant, Samoht.
We approached Christos, accompanied soon by our friend Paulos, though we were but peasants. I was youngest, still little more than a child… but it was I that spoke: “Teacher, your words are so right, please tell us of the message of Aristotle! ”
Then Christos, touched by my youthful innocence, answered us: “Then follow me. Your trades, your goods, your tools must wait until you finish your mission. Because, for the time being, I will have you build in the Church the most beautiful instrument of peace the world has ever known. I would teach you the wisdom of Aristotle and the message of God, but you will have to learn altruism and self-sacrifice.”
We joined a large crowd, all on the way to the large basilica in which the chief of all the priests resided. The man was deep asleep before an amazed assembly that watched for the least movement of eyelid or nostrils, awaiting the ceremony he was to have performed. [...]
Christos, accompanied by his three companions, entered the room and declared: “You, man of little faith, why do you delay those who come before you with aspirations of believing? Why don't you answer their anguish? ”
Christos turned to us, and declared: “Mark it well: This man represents the vice infiltrated into the very heart of the temple of God.. [...]
And you, king of believing, what do you do? Do you not see that your Church falls apart all around you? Don't you hear the cries of the lost souls which call to you for aid from without your palace walls?”
Awaked by the voice of Christos, the large priest, miserly of words, but who did not choose them well, rose and cried out: “And why is this fellow not captured? You are not content but to break in, my goodness! It is necessary to see to it that you are not starting too much to bust my chops as well!”
At these words, Christos turned back towards his disciples, and said to them:
“In truth, I say to you; it is better to hear than to be deaf! This man falls into the excesses denounced by Aristotle, remaining quiet most of the time, yet when he does speak, saying too much. He does not know the virtue of temperance, nor the principle of the happy medium.”(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. VI)

Cardinal-Deacon of the British Isles -Bishop In Partibus of Lamia - Prefect to the Villa of St.Loyat - Expert to the pontificial collages of Heraldry - Assessor to the Developing Churches

Dernière édition par Jolieen le Lun Juil 15, 2019 10:44 pm; édité 1 fois
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 15, 2019 4:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
- 8th Sunday of Easter time

After we left the Basilica, we found ourselves face to face with a group of idlers who declaimed sharply one against the other.[...]
He readily understood the cause of the conflict before him; a sheep was lost, terrorized by the cries which came from all sides. On his left were followers of the pagan religions, their priest at the head, holding in his hand a long knife. On the other side stood some who were disappointed by paganism and who, somewhat less diverted from the precepts of Aristotle than the first, had massed to denounce the barbarian sacrifice which was being prepared in the honor of the false gods. Each camp howled with vehemence against the other.
Then, Christos called out, calmly, to the terrorized animal, which advanced submissively towards him. Christos cherished it, then told it to go on its way. The sheep left then. But the pagan priest was filled with rage against Christos and advanced toward him, knife raised in the air. At this point in time we interposed ourselves between them, Titus, Paulos, and myself, joined soon by nine others of these disappointed which had been assembled on the right. But Christos advanced and faced the priest alone. This one gazed sternly into the eyes of the Messiah, blanched, and left without a word, the crowd of pagans following with an air of embarrassment.
[...] One of us, a man that I did not know yet, but whose name was Thanos, said to him: “But who are you, you who calms the lamb and whose gentleness turns aside the pagan infamy? ”
Then Christ answered him: “My name is Christos, of the line of Joseph and Maria. Those who know me say of me that I am the Messiah, because I love God and my fellow human beings. ”
And we exclaimed: “In truth, none of us doubts this fact. Our thanks be to The Most High for having sent you to us, so that His word illuminates our lives and that the prophecy of Aristotle is realized. ”
And Christos answered finally: “In truth, it is quite sad that so many children of God are diverted from His love. It is necessary to guide them so that their errors are rectified. Will you follow me and make yourselves apostles of the word of God? ”
I looked to the nine which did not yet know Christos, who seemed as a group to be divided between joy and distress. And they asked of the Messiah what it was necessary to do to join him.(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. VII)

Citation:
-9th Sunday of Easter Time

“My friends,” he said to us, “do not mistake! Those who do not live in the friendship taught to us by Aristotle will burn in the thousand flames of Gehenna. Those who yield themselves to experience the temptations of sin, those who do not know the virtue, these will finish in the suffering and the loneliness of Hell. Those who yield to the honeyed voice of sin, who are allured by its speech, these will accompany it in darkness. Those who, finally, reject the love of God and of their fellow human beings, who take refuge only in their own selfishness, these will finish in the infernal ruin. Also, take guard, my brothers and sisters, to be attentive and vigilant! Because no one knows the day when the prophecies will be carried out. No one knows the day and the hour of the end of time.” [...]
“You wish to join me? In this case, have much love in your heart and follow me, giving a little of your time and your goods as you are able. On the other hand, if you choose to dedicate yourselves to guide others on the way of the Church, it is necessary rather to give God all priority. Then take distance from your goods, from your work, from your tools, say goodbye to your family… Prefer simplicity and instruction to the rich person’s ornaments and beautiful finery. Because our task will require us to sacrifice the personal good to the collective good, yet, in exchange, you grasp sanctity among the children of God.” [...]
“If your family does not understand you, pray for them, because they are not sensitive to the message of God. If one engages you and attempts to initiate a struggle, do not be upset with him, and pray for him, because he is not sensitive to the message of God. If your friends restrain you, then involve them with you, so that they discover also the message of God.[...]
La strada sarà lunga e tortuosa, la via accidentata, l'orizzonte remoto, la salita ardua, ma il sole che brilla sopra di noi guiderà i nostri passi. Avremo problemi, discussioni, arrabbiature, passioni, esitazioni, ma l'amore e l'amicizia ci uniranno, e Dio ci supporterà.
Se voleste vivere da soli, discutere da soli, mangiare da soli, camminare da soli, allora nessuno ve lo impedirà, andate per la vostra strada e rifugiatevi nell’amore per voi stessi.
The road will be long and torturous, the rough way, the remote horizon, the strong slope, but the sun that shines above will guide our steps. We will have problems, arguments, anger, passions, hesitations, but love and friendship will link us, and God Himself will support us.
If you want to live alone, to go wherever you wish, to eat and reason however you will, then nothing prevents you. Go your way and take refuge in the love of yourself. But if somebody strikes you, and you fall, then nobody will be there to assist you.
If you want to live in the group, in the love of your friends and of the multitude, if you want to divide your bread with your friends, to go with your brothers, then come to me and follow me. In this case, if you fall on the way, a brother will stop and help you.”
And we, his friends, listened to and approved Christos. We were from now on twelve to follow him. The six women were named Calandra, Adonia, Helene, Kyrène, Ophelia and Uriana. The six men were Daju, Thanos, Paulos, Nikolos, Titus, and Samoht, your servant.
(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. VIII)

Citation:
-10th Sunday of Easter Time

And it was in this manner, going from village to village, that Christos spread the good news to the crowds that would assemble. Each time, people were struck by the accuracy and power of his words, so that the fame of Christos the Galilean spread itself in the farthest reaches of the Earth, and the crowds came in increasing numbers to the places where Christos spoke.
He often said: “Love God as He loves you and live in all friendship with others, as taught to you by Aristotle,” or “Believe in the love that God carries for you, and love God in your turn. ”
And he would also say: “Your solidarity does not know a border! Remember, my friends, that Aristotle lived in a country of intolerance toward other people. Today, you must know that all the nations are entitled to respect, and their people to freedom and friendship.”
Lastly, he concluded: “In the same way, solidarity and friendship should not be constrained by a border between the sexes. Because the men as well as the women are children of God and, in that, they are equal.”
On the way, he met with many of the sick and the disabled, and we saw extraordinary things then: it was enough that Christos should touch a leprous or blind man that his disability would disappear. The sick felt alive again at his approach, and full of new hope. The mute began speaking, the deaf persons to hear, the blind men to see, the paralysed to walk, and all then blessed Christos and The Most High, praising them and thanking them with all their heart.
One day, our small troop of pilgrims collected a man suffering very badly, who had been attacked while on the road. The man did not have any more strength to go on. He had not drunk for a long time. Then Christos turned to the thirsty man, and said to him: “Light, Light, you are the light within the light. Your faith makes you luminous and saves you! ”
We did not have any water for the poor fellow, but Christos said to us: “It is not serious, he will simply have to drink from my hands. ” And, in fact, Christos knelt, joined his hands to make of them a kind of cup, and brought them toward the lips of the unhappy one. Then, an incredible miracle occurred, and the hands of Christos filled with water for the man to drink.
(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. IX)

Citation:
-11th Sunday of Easter Time

And yet, when Christos went up to the central fountain and addressed himself to the population, everyone fell silent and soon heard nothing other than his clear and soft voice floating in the silence.
“Men and women of Jerusalem,” said he, “come to me and hear the word of God. He wants only to share with you His love. Love Him and He will fill you with joy, and this joy will be also in your souls. Divert yourselves from His love and He will be pained, and this sorrow will be to your greater suffering.”
Then, a crowd piled up around Christos and many were those that asked of him: “But who are you, foreigners, to know so well the love of God?”
Christos answered them: “I am Christos of Nazareth, the Messiah, guide and mirror of the divinity, inhabited by God. Aristotle the prophet announced my arrival, and now I show you the way to follow in order to live in the love of The Most High. ”
But some still doubted his words and said: “How do we know if you say true, or if your words are only honey intended to stop our ears and divert us from His true message? ”
Christos answered them: “See even yourselves, as you have kept yourselves silent as I have been speaking, and as you all are gathered here near me! Listen to your own hearts, which clamor for the faith that nourishes my words. Only look around you! In this crowd gathered close around me, many a disabled person has risen to come to listen to me, a number of the gravely ill have approached me, without realizing that they are finally and forever cured, a number of tired old men have found a new youth while listening to me. This is because God loves us, and those who listen to me and believe me are blessed of Him.”
Then everyone was amazed, and the news was spread in the entire city that Christos, announced by Aristotle, had finally arrived. Consequently, all those who had in them an unspecified trace of humanity and divinity, all those which had for a long time felt unease toward the head of the pagan worships, all these left their trades and sought to join the Messiah on the place to hear him speak.
So, then, at the end of a half hour, the streets were encumbered with the passers-by, one could not manage to circulate in the middle of the city while, yet, the edges were deserted.
(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. X)

Citation:
- 12th Sunday of Easter Time

And all the city was pressed around Christos. And he continued to speak, so quietly that it seemed remarkable that he could even be heard. But not a word of his was lost to the least of that multitude.
“See, this town of Jerusalem chokes by its lack of humanity. You have lost the values of division and friendship. But you have especially lost the most important among them all: fraternity! This city chokes for lack of love and charity! See the soup kitchen; who among you made food and gave bread to the vagrants?”
[...] One of them, who was named Natchatcha, raised toward the Messiah her pure face, and said to him: “Teacher, what do we have to do to live in the love of God? ”
Then, Christos answered her with a smile: “The faithful of God, those who learned the teachings of Aristotle and who want to follow the way that I show you, must form a community of life. This community will find its direction, and will allow each one to live in virtue, if he or she is plain in the shared friendship that each one of its members must test toward others in the community. To guide you, I would be the father of this community, I would set up the principles of it, and my successors will do so in the same way after me.”
Christos turned then to Titus, who was nearby, “Titus, approach, my friend. Titus, you are strong and vigorous. You can help me to carry this community; you will be my second. Now, Titus, you are Titan, and it is with the assistance of your strength that I would build a titanic Church! ”
And he turned to the other apostles, who grimaced and pouted, saying: “And you, look at yourselves, here you forget the virtue and become jealous! To belong to this community, faithful to God, it will be necessary to hold yourselves in purity and avoid sin. However, I see well that none among you can claim to such a level of virtue. Turn then toward God, my brothers, for He is merciful and the occasion remains for you to wash away your faults and to follow the way that I show you.
Thus do not be sorrowful, for you will be my successors. You will carry the good news to all the nations by helping Titus to create my Church. Thus, I call on you to be guides to those faithful to God. Be models for those who listen to you, because a bad guide traces a bad road for those who follow it. I name you as Bishops. You will have responsibility for the safety of your flocks.”
(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. XI)

Citation:
-13° domenica del Tempo di Pasqua

Dalla Vita di Christos:
When the crowd dissipated, the place was emptied, leaving room for the guards of the Roman procurator who controlled the city. [...] the soldiers, dressed in blood red, converged suddenly on the place, seeming to come from all directions at once.
Some emerged on the walls and others left various buildings, blocking all the exits and all the doors. A powerful orator [...] descended the steps from the palace of the governor, accompanied by a robust centurion.
Having arrived in the middle of the place, this powerful orator stopped his walk, and leaned over toward his centurion. This last then spoke and his large brutal voice cried to us: “You, Christos, who say you are the Messiah and the guide! I say that you do harm to this city. You are a fomenter of rebellion, a dangerous revolutionist, a man of chaos. I now demand that you follow me!”
[...] Christos said, then, to the centurion: “In truth, I say to you, man of little faith, I would not follow you, for it is you who will follow me!”
Then, the powerful orator ordered the centurion to seize Joshua, and the officer, with a ferocious expression, approached us with a slow step. [...] When he was face to face with Christos, the Centurion looked him in the eyes, intensely and rather lengthily. Then, suddenly, he removed his helmet and knelt by our Messiah, clutching the hem of his robe.
“Teacher,” he begged, to the great surprise of his superior, “I would like to follow you and belong to this community of the faithful ones. What must I do? I know that I am sinning and that I have served a bad Master, but I request some word from you. Tell me how I may repent! ”
Then Christos raised him and [...] he pronounced these words: “Sinning, you have said, and you have just done the first thing that the faithful ones will have to do; to be humble and confess. Thus, if your repentance is sincere, God forgives you.”
Christos turned to his apostles, and continued: “And you, know that the sins made by your flocks are forgiven if they come to confess them to your ears; if they are ready to make penitence of it.”
Then Christos approached the fountain, and said to the Centurion: “By the grace of the Eternal, I will wash away your sins, renewing you of water, the source of life.”
And Christos plunged his hands joined under the jet of the fountain. He sprayed the figure of the Centurion in this water, whispering these words: “Lord, condescend to wash this man of his sin, and to thus give him a new birth among believers! I ask this in the name of The Most High. Amen.”
Then, Christos called us to him, and we, his apostles, one after another, were fortified by Christos in the water of the fountain, giving to us the second birth. He said to us: “My apostles, men and women, by the grace of God, you here have washed away your sins. Show Him that you could be worthy of this honour that He does you, because the sacrament of Baptism could be withdrawn from whoever betrays the substance of it.”
(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. XII)

Citation:
-14th Sunday of Easter Time

Christos guided us toward a large, richly furnished house and a middle-class woman who there sold food, drink and lodging.[...] Christos turned then to us, his apostles, whom he had named as his bishops. He said to us: “And you, my friends, as you will have to devote yourselves completely to God, as I do myself, love in the manner of which is shared personally between humans will be forever prohibited to you. You must love humanity, and not particular humans. In this, marriage is not for you, nor even sexual activity.” [...]
But Daju, whose flesh was very weak [...] This is why he rose, irate, and exclaimed: “And why should I respect that? Why should I obey based upon a commitment that does not relate to me? You gave us the role of bishop, but guard jealously for yourself the command of the Church.”
Then Christos answered him, calmly: “Verily I say it to you; I hold the command because I am the most capable to guide you. Along the entire way that we traversed, I have been like a father, one who took care of you. But the result is tiredness and labor, not exalted status. My role is difficult and abrasive… I become exhausted because I carry the weight of the suffering of all men.
“But you, Daju, I see anger invading your face. Know that the task that I have entrusted to you and to the others is quite as noble, and will be also difficult. Moreover, to assist you in your task, you will be able to name other guides, other shepherds who will have the responsibility of each city. And you will be those that will decide my successor.”
But Daju was furious. He had been corrupted by the Creature Without Name because he could not gain some personal advantage and he left us at that time. Christos looked at his retreating figure without saying anything. His glance then fell on the Centurion, who was yet with us, and whose sword gleamed at his side. Christos turned to him and specified: “And you, Gracius, if you want to also become one of these shepherds who will guide the herd, you must set aside your sword, because weapons are sources of violence whereas you will have the mission of teaching friendship and the love of God.”
And he repeated, then, to us all: “Then, my apostles, my clerics, with you to follow the way which I have shown you, with you to baptize those who want to enter into the community of the faithful of God, with you to ordain as priests those who wish to be devoted entirely to the love of God, with you to hear the confession of those who wish to be washed of their sins, with you to punish those who could not be worthy of the love of God and to preach at least each Sunday, the will of The Most High will be achieved.”
(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. XIII)

Citation:

- 1st Sunday of ordinary time

From the Life of Aristotle:
Night fell in the village of Pélla. One could hear the murmurs of women who, near the pagan temples, prayed to the false gods for the king's health. He was, indeed, dying. Nicomachus, Aristotle's father, was at his bedside[...]. Aristotle, who was now 14 years old, wandered through the streets of the town, [...] He felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Epimanos. [...]
Aristotle: "What happens after life, Epimanos? This unique soul that man possesses and which differentiates us from the animals, does it survive after life?"
Epimanos: "I don't know, Aristotle. My science rests on life and not on death. I can tell you how to live well, how to be happy, and how to understand everyday life, but not what occurs after death."
Aristotle: "You can tell me how to live well? Let us see that. Don't you agree that to act intelligently, it's necessary to know in advance the consequences?"
Epimanos: "Yes, of course, this helps you avoid making mistakes, acting badly, or prejudging the situation. It's important to anticipate the outcome."
[...]
Aristotele: "[...] Therefore, to live well we must know what happens after death.[...] We must prepare ourselves carefully. If there is life after death, then the life we live before death must be devoted to preparing for life after death.[...]
Epimanos: "But why is this future life more important than the present? And how can you be sure that it exists?" [...]
Aristotele: “[...]"Then our soul, which is immaterial, must never die. When we die, our body disintegrates, but our soul remains. Our life in the future is this life of the soul. It is for this life that we must, in our bodies, prepare."
Epimanos: "The dying king will therefore live on?"
Aristotle: "Yes, and it's for the happiness of his soul that I am going to pray this evening."
Epimanos: "We will pray together then."

(Libro 2, Vita di Aristotele, Tomo Primo - Dialoghi, Cap. IV)

Citation:
- 2nd Sunday of ordinary time

From the Life of Aristotle:
One morning, Aristotle mind was preoccupied. His faithful Sargas, [...]met with him to inquire about his fate.[...]
Aristotele: "Last night, my dear disciple,[...]I dreamed that in the East a marvelous city existed.[...] An ideal, perfect city where everyone lives in a fabulous harmony. The equilibrium there is so solid that no one can break it, not even foreign arrivals such as I was in my imagination. I intruded there, importing my morals, which I would now say are corrupted, but they welcomed me there like a brother."
Sargas: "What were its principles, teacher?"
Aristotle: "The city was organized according to the principle of three concentric circles, or three classes of citizens if you prefer.
I will begin by describing for you that which will constitute the lowest of these classes, namely the producers, or the bronze class. They comprise the majority, and they live peaceably in the culture of their fields and the breeding of their animals. They take that which is necessary for their subsistence and that of their families from their own production, and gave the remainder to the higher classes. Even if these men constitute the base of the city, their condition is somehow enviable. They know the joys of tranquility and a simple life in service to the community. They are devoted to physical activity required of regular work, and this keeps their bodies well-conditioned. They fill their spare time by contemplating nature, educating their children who are prized by this class, and for prayer, they praise God for giving them the pleasures from which they benefit.
The second class of citizens, the silver class, is that of the guards and soldiers. They are authorised with idleness and profit in times of peace and enjoy free subsistence provided to them by the producers. They philosophize, admire also the benefits of nature, educate themselves according to their age, and are involved with the handling of weapons. In times of war, they are the most enthusiastic defenders of the city. Their courage has no equal, and they would give their life, without hesitation, to preserve the community or to defend their faith, which they hold in very high esteem. Upon their return from battle, they are treated as heroes. Their heads are wreathed with laurels, they are treated like princes, and fabulous feasts are held in their honor. They are carried about triumphantly by the people and are loved by the women.
The third class of citizens is that of the philosopher kings, the golden class. These are the oldest people, recruited from among the guards who demonstrated the most bravery, the best commanders, and the most gifted philosophers. Their only good is reason, because they are freed of their earthly possessions. Their faith in God is their only weapon. They are famous for their most perfect practice of the virtues. They are an example for everyone, and the people are happy to sacrifice a portion of their property to assure the survival of these masters. The philosopher kings constitute the government of the city. They determine its fate in an assembly. They are also the ministers of religion restored to the Almighty, and there resides their legitimacy. In their positions of power, the Almighty advises them. They keep their power as advised by the Almighty, sharing their condition with the priests. They organize the whole city, plan production, return justice, and legislate."
(Libro 2, Vita di Aristotele, Tomo Primo - Dialoghi, Cap. XI)

Citation:
- 3rd Sunday of ordinary time

From the life of Aristotle:
Aristotle walked on to Attica[...]at an intersection, he took the wrong path and instead of heading down into the plains and the city, he climbed upwards into the hills. After walking for two hours, he realized his error and noticed an isolated dwelling. He decided to go there to ask for directions. [...] He knocked on the door and, eventually, someone openeAristotle: "Hello, old man. I am lost and looking for the way to Megara."
Hermit: "If you go there, you will be lost."
Aristotle: "I don't remember the town at all or the roads in these parts, which are occupied by brigands by now."
Hermit: "So what if there are brigands. Humans populate the roads. That's dangerous enough."
Aristotle understood then that he was dealing with a hermit.
Aristotle: "Tell me, are you happy?"
Hermit: "Am I happy? And how! I have all that I need: water from the river, the olive trees, and a little garden. In addition, my hands are not deformed, so I make everything that I need. I do not need anything or anyone. I am perfectly happy."
Aristotle: "A man cannot be satisfied with such a life. At least not fully."
Hermit: "Nonsense! I am the best of men."
Aristotle: "How would you know it, you who do not know any others? To be human is to live according to the virtues. Moreover, the virtues are practices that can only be expressed with other people. You live well, certainly, but you practice none of the virtues since there is no one with whom you can practice. You live independently, like a bear. However, has anyone seen a bear being virtuous? You are not a happy man because you are not even human. A human has friends, where are yours?"
Hermit: "My friends are nature, my olive trees, and my vegetables."
Aristotle: "A true friendship occurs between equals. You are thus equal to an olive tree: planted and motionless. You survive on the margins of the city, instead of taking part in it like a true human. I will leave you to take root, farewell!"
And Aristotle returned to the road, descending towards Megara.
(Libro 2, Vita di Aristotele, Tomo Primo - Dialoghi, Cap. XII)

Citation:
- 4th Sunday of ordinary time

When the crowd dissipated, the place was emptied, leaving room for the guards of the Roman procurator who controlled the city. [...]Having arrived in the middle of the place, this powerful orator stopped his walk, and leaned over toward his centurion. This last then spoke [...] :"“You, Christos, who say you are the Messiah and the guide! I say that you do harm to this city. You are a fomenter of rebellion, a dangerous revolutionist, a man of chaos. I now demand that you follow me!” [...] Christos said, then, to the centurion: “In truth, I say to you, man of little faith, I would not follow you, for it is you who will follow me!” [...] the Centurion looked him in the eyes, intensely and rather lengthily. Then, suddenly, he removed his helmet and knelt by our Messiah, clutching the hem of his robe.
“Teacher, [...] I would like to follow you and belong to this community of the faithful ones. What must I do? I know that I am sinning and that I have served a bad Master, but I request some word from you. Tell me how I may repent! ”
Then Christos raised him and under the spineless glance of the Romans, he pronounced these words: “Sinning, you have said, and you have just done the first thing that the faithful ones will have to do; to be humble and confess. Thus, if your repentance is sincere, God forgives you.”
Christos turned to his apostles, and continued: “And you, know that the sins made by your flocks are forgiven if they come to confess them to your ears; if they are ready to make penitence of it.”
Then Christos approached the fountain, and said to the Centurion: “By the grace of the Eternal, I will wash away your sins, renewing you of water, the source of life.”
And Christos plunged his hands joined under the jet of the fountain. He sprayed the figure of the Centurion in this water, whispering these words: “Lord, condescend to wash this man of his sin, and to thus give him a new birth among believers! I ask this in the name of The Most High. Amen.”
Then, Christos called us to him, and we, his apostles, one after another, were fortified by Christos in the water of the fountain, giving to us the second birth. He said to us: “My apostles, men and women, by the grace of God, you here have washed away your sins. Show Him that you could be worthy of this honour that He does you, because the sacrament of Baptism could be withdrawn from whoever betrays the substance of it.”

(Libro 2, Vita di Christos, cap. XII)

Citation:
- 5th Sunday of ordinary time

Natchiachia poured the wine into Christos’s cup, and asked him: “Teacher, I am in pain with a deep torment of the heart. I would like to follow you in your lesson, but I love a man who lives here named Yhonny, I love him with a pure love, sparkling like diamond… What says Aristotle on this question and what must I do? ”
Christos answered her: “When two beings share a pure love and they wish to perpetuate our species by procreation, God allows them, by the sacrament of the marriage, to live their love. This so pure love, experienced in virtue, glorifies God, because He is love and the love by which humanity exists is the most beautiful homage that can be made to him. But, like baptism, marriage is a commitment for life, Natchiachia, judiciously selected, because in the faith that you and Yhonny will have married by, you will not be able to any more to withdraw from it. ” [...]
“But, Master, will we be strong enough to respect this choice and to live without sinning?”
Then, Christos answered: “Know you that humans doubt by nature, and that the love which they hold for God and their neighbors can know risk as much as anything else in life. But the virtuous life is an ideal toward which man must tend. And, on his way, he can be helped by prayer. The prayer can indeed be the means for reinforcing this love when necessary. Do not forget, either, the power of mercy, which is granted thanks to sincere repentance.”

Citation:
- 6th Sunday of ordinary time

Then, Christos answered: “Know you that humans doubt by nature, and that the love which they hold for God and their neighbors can know risk as much as anything else in life. But the virtuous life is an ideal toward which man must tend. And, on his way, he can be helped by prayer. The prayer can indeed be the means for reinforcing this love when necessary. Do not forget, either, the power of mercy, which is granted thanks to sincere repentance.”
Christos turned then to us, his apostles, whom he had named as his bishops. He said to us: “And you, my friends, as you will have to devote yourselves completely to God, as I do myself, love in the manner of which is shared personally between humans will be forever prohibited to you. You must love humanity, and not particular humans. In this, marriage is not for you, nor even sexual activity.”
And as certain apostles were disappointed by this rule, they started to grumble and murmur between themselves unpleasant words. Christos looked at them, and informed them: “These restrictions will be the price of your commitment. Learn within yourselves how to like them, because they will enable you to carry out your holy mission.”
But Daju, whose flesh was very weak, looked at Natchiachia with a lustful glance. Moreover, he was of a jealous temperament and appreciated neither the friendship that Christos carried now to the Centurion, nor the particular benevolence he showed me because of my youth. This is why he rose, irate, and exclaimed: “And why should I respect that? Why should I obey based upon a commitment that does not relate to me? You gave us the role of bishop, but guard jealously for yourself the command of the Church.”
Then Christos answered him, calmly: “Verily I say it to you; I hold the command because I am the most capable to guide you. Along the entire way that we traversed, I have been like a father, one who took care of you. But the result is tiredness and labor, not exalted status. My role is difficult and abrasive… I become exhausted because I carry the weight of the suffering of all men.
“But you, Daju, I see anger invading your face. Know that the task that I have entrusted to you and to the others is quite as noble, and will be also difficult. Moreover, to assist you in your task, you will be able to name other guides, other shepherds who will have the responsibility of each city. And you will be those that will decide my successor.”
But Daju was furious. He had been corrupted by the Creature Without Name because he could not gain some personal advantage and he left us at that time. Christos looked at his retreating figure without saying anything. His glance then fell on the Centurion, who was yet with us, and whose sword gleamed at his side. Christos turned to him and specified: “And you, Gracius, if you want to also become one of these shepherds who will guide the herd, you must set aside your sword, because weapons are sources of violence whereas you will have the mission of teaching friendship and the love of God.”
And he repeated, then, to us all: “Then, my apostles, my clerics, with you to follow the way which I have shown you, with you to baptize those who want to enter into the community of the faithful of God, with you to ordain as priests those who wish to be devoted entirely to the love of God, with you to hear the confession of those who wish to be washed of their sins, with you to punish those who could not be worthy of the love of God and to preach at least each Sunday, the will of The Most High will be achieved.” ."

Citation:
- 7th Sunday of ordinary time

From the life of Aristotle:
Epimanos: "Are you praying for the King, Aristotle?"
Aristotle: "Praying? [...] And what should I request? That he should live? [...] He has lived a long time, and it is time for him to leave. No, if I pray, it's won't be for him to live."
Epimanos: "For what then?"
Aristotle: "What happens after life, Epimanos? This unique soul that man possesses and which differentiates us from the animals, does it survive after life?"
Epimanos: "I don't know, Aristotle. My science rests on life and not on death. I can tell you how to live well, how to be happy, and how to understand everyday life, but not what occurs after death."
Aristotle: "You can tell me how to live well? Let us see that. Don't you agree that to act intelligently, it's necessary to know in advance the consequences?" [...] just like marriage, death is a final event. We must prepare ourselves carefully. If there is life after death, then the life we live before death must be devoted to preparing for life after death. Just as we must spend the time before marriage preparing for married life. [...]
Epimanos: "I see where you want to go. For you, death is just a passage to another life?"
Aristotle: "Yes, and our present life must be devoted to preparing for this future life."
Epimanos: "But why is this future life more important than the present? And how can you be sure that it exists?" [...]
Aristotele: “[...]how does he search for newness, to create new things both in him and around him?
Epimanos: "Well, if I speak from my own experience, I can say that the ideas came to me and didn't seem to come to anyone else, and that I meditated on these ideas."
Aristotle: "I have arrived at the same conclusion. What struck me is that these ideas did not come from my environment, but from inside me. They seemed [...] immaterial. [...] that would mean that the soul is immaterial, but the immaterial cannot come from the material. [E] if it isn't composed of matter, then it cannot disintegrate. It cannot die. In this way, the thoughts of a man like Pythagoras will be eternal and will still be alive in more than a thousand years." [...] Then our soul, which is immaterial, must never die. When we die, our body disintegrates, but our soul remains. Our life in the future is this life of the soul. It is for this life that we must, in our bodies, prepare."
Epimanos: "The dying king will therefore live on?"
Aristotle: "Yes, and it's for the happiness of his soul that I am going to pray this evening."
(Libro 2, Vita of Aristotele, Tomo Primo - Dialoghi, Cap. IV)

Citation:
- 8° domenica del tempo ordinario

Dal Mito Aristotelico:
In the beginning, there was only God.
There was neither matter, nor energy, nor movement. There was not even the vacuum, that which separates the world from the stars, because even the vacuum is something.[...]
But God is higher than all, including nothing. He does not have a beginning or an end. He is thus the Infinite one and the Eternal. He is Perfection, on which nothing can take hold, nothing can act, and nothing can interfere. [...] All is thus possible for Him and everything that is thus owes Him its existence.
God is the Raw material from which all is created. Matter, energy, movement, and time are themselves composed of Him. All that exists, as well as nothing itself, belonged to Him from the beginning. He also is the Creator of all things. It is He that creates all that exists and gives it its form and its contents. He is finally Most High, because He is the cause of the existence of all things, including nothing.
God knows all, because knowledge itself belonged to Him, is created by Him and finds its cause in Him.[...] Moreover, He is everywhere because, as far as one goes, one is always in Him. [...] Lastly, He can act everywhere [...] God thought and a tiny point appeared. [...] God both created and thereafter dispersed Nothing [...] God decided to name this tiny point “Universe” and exploded in it a myriad of stars, which populated the vacuum. Never since have they ceased to sparkle from within the celestial firmament.
Then God created the two movements: the heavy things would go to the bottom and the light things upwards. He also created the four elements. Heaviest was the ground. Then water, wind, and fire came. He laid them out in the hierarchical order of their gravity. The ground was thus in the centre. It was covered by the water, which was itself covered by the air. Lastly, lightest of the elements, fire, came to cover the whole.
This matter ball, God named "World." So that the movement would be done, God undertook to demolish the hierarchical order of the elements. He placed fire in the centre of the ground and water in the sky, above the air. The elements moved, alternating order and disorder, systematically turning over disorder to the order. God enjoyed seeing how His creation was driven to correspond to the hierarchical order of their gravity.
(Libro 2, Il mito aristotelico, La creazione - Parte I)

Citation:
- 9° domenica del tempo ordinario

Dal Mito Aristotelico:
God was perfect; His creation was imperfect. [...] He wanted to love His creation and be loved by it in return[...]. God then joined together the love that He had in Him. He made of it the spirit, which could not be touched, or seen, or felt, or tasted, or heard, because it was different from the matter. The spirit contained the Intelligence, made up of the reason and the feelings. God put there more of Himself: the capacity to choose and to feel. God associated the matter with the spirit, so that this last could exist in harmony with the world, and named the whole “Life.”[...] And on the world, life took a multitude of forms, from smallest to the largest. The plants filled themselves with the light of stars, thus covering the world with a layer of greenery. The animals rambled or fluttered between the plants. Whereas God seemed motionless, the life appeared to be in ceaseless movement. Indeed, God, being eternal, was not subject to this perpetual need for mobility, as the life, which must be unceasing in activity. He thus appeared to be motionless. But it was this uninterrupted action that God liked over all to observe in His creation.
But God had not conceived the movement of the life like an infinite force and, so that it continues, it was necessary that the animal eats the plant, that the predator devours the prey, and that the corpses of animals should rot away to nourish the plants. Thus, death formed an integral part of life. But, so that death should not destroy His creatures, God divided each species into two complementary forms, which were called masculine and feminine. Both were equal and were to seek each other and unite, and thus to perpetuate the life.
Thus, of the life God created time, when death succeeds the life, the life succeeds death, and the offspring follows his parents. In the same way, water joined the sky to go down on the ground and to feed the rivers, and fire left the volcanoes to feed the ground, which accumulated to nourish fire in its centre.
(Libro 2, Il mito aristotelico, La Creazione - Parte II)

Citation:
- 10° domenica del tempo ordinario

Dal Mito Aristotelico:
A certain group of creatures, only a small part of the life, decided to traverse the world in order to discover other species, animal as well as vegetable. All took their belongings on their backs and traversed the world, led by the thirst for discovery that had caused them to make this decision.
In this manner, they surveyed the world. They climbed green hills and gigantic mountains. They crossed ravines, drank from rivers, and rested in meadows. They sampled all that the life had to offer, moreover, in beauty and ease. Thus, they tasted of honey and fruits. They were intoxicated by the scent of the flowers. They admired the Aurora Borealis and the rainbows. [...]
Thus, they met cows, placidly grazing on grass, giving milk to their young. Further, they passed close to a plain covered with wheat, undulating under the breeze, and crossed the path of many sheep, soft and white, which gazed at them peacefully.[...]They stopped to taste various vegetables, all different in form, scent, and flavour. [...] Further, they approached a lake and came upon fish playing and chasing each other through the water. Not far from the shore had taken root a forest of gigantic oaks whose outstretched branches were like a gigantic dome of green sheets.
Further, they came to a cornfield whose ears were gorged by the sun. Some pigs were there, nourishing themselves. [...]
(Libro 2, Il mito aristotelico, La Creazione - Parte III)

Dernière édition par Jolieen le Mer Aoû 28, 2019 2:28 pm; édité 6 fois
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 15, 2019 5:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
- 11° domenica del tempo ordinario

Dal mito aristotelico:
The small group decided to stop for a moment.. [...] Their collective mood was gloomy, because they all pondered the same question.
Each of the many species that they had met were equipped with a particular talent. The cows, creatures that grazed grass placidly, had a large family. The sheep had soft and bulky wool. [...] the fish were the masters of the vast oceans. The pigs were powerful and savage. Even the plants were equipped with singular talents. The oaks were equipped with a longevity rivalled only by their grand size. The wheat multiplied tremendously, covering broad territories. The corn had its ears, gorged with life. The fruits had a delicious sweetened taste and the vegetables also their appetizing scents. And the small group of creatures questioned themselves. Why didn’t their species have any particular talent? [...]Its species was held upright. But what advantage did that gave him? “None,” in concert all the members of the group answered. Their hands were used to build tools, but what was this to compensate for the lack of claws or other bodily adaptations? Their stomachs were so weak that they had to cook the meat to eat it. And their eyes were not so very piercing, compared to the cats or the owls, so that it was necessary for them to light the darkness to see. Their fur was not very thick, which required them to seek shelter when the rain, snow, or hail fell, or when the wind blew too extremely.
Making this disaster report, the creatures of the small group began to cry. They were convinced that God disliked their species, that He scorned them, that they were the dregs of His creation. A heavy silence had settled, whereas all were looked at mutually, each one seeking in the look of the others an answer to its questions. But these glances did not carry any answer. They were just oozing tears.
But one of them had remained apart from the group. He looked towards the stars. All the members of the group neglected him, regarding him as weak in spirit. He often answered them “Happy are the poor in spirit…” but could not add to this counterpart. However, of all of them, he was the only one to wonder what God wished, instead of complaining about his fate. This man was called Oane.
(Libro 2, Il mito aristotelico, La Creazione - Parte IV)

Citation:
- 12° domenica del tempo ordinario

Dal mito aristotelico:
God looked at the small group of creatures that were crying, and was moved. They felt abandoned by Him, because they were not equipped with unique talents. They had even come to believe that He hated them, whereas He loved each one of His creations with a perfect love. They belonged to Him, and to hate them would have been to hate a part of Himself. He had created the universe, the world, and all life to be able to love them, and He did.
By and with this love, God had equipped each species of creatures with talents so that they might each find their special place in His creation. But this splendid gift remained invisible to the eyes of this small group of creatures. These human ones of which the group was composed were inhabited by doubt, remaining blind to His love. Their tears were sincere but unjust. They only asked to be loved of Him, but did not see that He did love them already. .[...] But this human that was called Oane carried in himself the germ of the talent that God had given to humanity. Gradually, he gained consciousness of the true love that God carried to His creation. He began to understand that each component of creation was loved by God, but did not know yet why. Then he spent his time looking at the stars, hoping to find the Most High, but he did not know anything of God’s omnipresence.
Then, God decided that time had come to provide true place in the universe to the species in which could be found a creature who understood love, the only true meaning of life. He thought then that His creatures must prove the love that they have for Him. For this purpose, He decided to join together all the creatures of the world in one single place and ask them what life was. What He would do with them would depend on their answers.
(Libro 2, Il mito aristotelico, La Creazione - Parte V)

Citation:
- 13° domenica del tempo ordinario

Dal mito aristotelico:
They were several billion to have met on the same stretch of plain. [...] The wolves waited near the sheep, the dogs near the cats, the eagles near the mice, and the lions near the gazelles. Even the plants were represented. Thus, the oaks, fir trees, poplars, olive-trees, apple trees, date palms and other trees formed the most gigantic forest that has ever been. The flowers, the vegetables, the fruits, the wheat and the corn were also present. [...]
Then the thunder rumbled, the clouds parted, and a soft light with its origins in space lit the sky. A great silence fell over the gathered creatures.[...] a serious voice, penetrating, but soft and serene was next heard. The voice made itself understood thus: “Listen to me, you that I conceived, because I am your God.” [...] A number among you have claimed to be My preferred, but never have I hitherto expressed favour towards any of you above any other. The time approaches that I will change this. The time comes that I make a choice among My creatures. [...]The time comes that I will name a species among you to be “My children.” To make this choice, I will ask you a single question.” [...] According to you, what purpose have I given to life?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> ARCHIVES : DIOCESES IP -> IP Diocese of Lamia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: