L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Aspiring believer

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Gwyneth

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 28, 2020 2:51 pm    Sujet du message: Aspiring believer Répondre en citant

Greetings, brothers and sisters.
I have embarked on a church way last year and have even got baptised. However, I have been staying with the monks (occ: retreat) for nearly a year praying for the souls of all the Jah's people.
Anyways, I would like to take a more active role in the church and was wondering if someone would guide me for what my next steps should be.
Whilst I was being a hermit, I seem to have missed some important changes and was wondering if there are some who could answer my queries?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Vanyar

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 02, 2020 4:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It is nice to see someone new in these halls, the old Bishop thinks to himself. Time to say hello and he approaches he woman that is standing before him.

Hello my child, allow me to introduce myself, I am Vanyar, one of the Bishops of the Universal and Roman-Aristotelian Church. Allow me to assist you in these first steps here in Rome. You said you have questions, feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Presbyter & Professor of the Universal and Roman-Aristotelian Church. | Bishop of Ptolemais
Gwyneth

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 02, 2020 6:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Gwyneth was submerged reading a book she picked up at the local library, it was a bit boring to just sit there in silence, staring at a wall.
She looked up when she heard someone come in, shut her book closed and immediately got up.

You excellence! She exclaimed How lovely to meet you and to actually see someone in these corridors. I am Gwyneth, a theologian from Lichfield. I have just started out the journey of becoming a devoted servant of Jah and Father Blazingwill was most helpful to get me registered in the university of Rome to reaffirm my baptism.

I have a copious amount of questions, very kind of you to offer your help. Very Happy

My first one is related to preaching. I saw some articles published by father Teagan on this subject. But since then the church has undergone a lot of changes, so I would like to know whether it is still possible to preach and how can you do it. And whether the articles by father Teagan are still true or if they are need of being updated.

Gwyneth smiled and waited for the answer.
Vanyar

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 03, 2020 11:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The old man is pleased with someone to speak to in these halls, it is not always too busy here. Usually he sits in a corner and reads a book, or losing his line of thoughts by wondering about life, the universe and everything. But now, now there is actually someone to talk to.

First of all, congratulations, dear Sister, with the completion of the course Pastorale Prima! Brother William is a great teacher.

Now allow me to return the favour of introducing myself as well then. I am brother Vanyar nowadays a simple Grey Friar of the Franciscan brotherhood. Nowadays I live in Penrith, where I help with the town. I'm alternating the position of Parish Priest with another very active person. So that is how we do things together there.

Before answering her direct question, the old man decides to do some explaining on how things work here in Rome as well, that may be helpful for the future here in Rome.

Hmm, a theologian huh! That is quiet impressive. Here in Rome, we speak of a Theologian if that person has completed three courses at the Seminary. The Pastorale Prima, the Pastorale Maxima and of co(u)rse Theology. There are not many on the British Islands that have completed that, so I am glad to meet one in person and have a talk with her.

After this, Vanyar thinks it is time to give a direct answer to the young woman that is standing before him.

And now, to answer your question, the art of In-Gratebus (IG) preaching is no longer possible for us. Which is unfortunate, because it makes reading University books, and acquiring the skills In Gratebus kind of luxury and no longer a necessity. I remember the days that we needed all these skills to be a successful confessor or preacher. Nowadays we do not need that anymore, opening up opportunities to younger people to perform at a same level - which is unfortunate if you ask me. But things are what they are, so there is no need to dwell on them.

Does that answer your question?

As for these halls, the old man does belief that we could do some archiving of these things indeed! and makes a mental note to ask one of the acolytes to help him with that task in the near future.

Presbyter & Professor of the Universal and Roman-Aristotelian Church. | Bishop of Ptolemais
Blazingwill

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 03, 2020 8:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

An acolyte arrives at the scene with a letter in hand. He greets all present, thrusts the letter in the hands of Gwyneth, and leaves to deliver the other letters.

Citation:
Greetings My Child,

I hope that this letter finds you well.

I have asked Monsignor Vanyar, one of the Roman Bishops of the British Isles to guide you in your first steps here in Rome. He is a man with a great experience.

Please do not hesitate to seek his help. Also, I think that some company will do him good.

Peace and Goodwill,

Monsignor William Blazing, OFM
Franciscan Grey Friar of Liverpool
Primate of the British Isles

Metropolitan Archbishop of Canterbury | Marquess of Exminster | Earl of Bassetlaw | Viscount of Osney
Prefect of the office of Relics
Vanyar

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 04, 2020 8:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The bishop puts a smile on his face when he sees brother William walk up to sister Gwyneth and hand over a piece of paper, without a word the busy primate of the British Islands rushes off again to continue his important work that he is doing for the Church and England.

Gwyneth

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 11, 2020 7:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Gwyneth was a tad embarrassed that she seemed to have made quite a faux pax on her first day in Rome. She thought she would speak to brother Vanyar, whilst she had his attention.

You are too kind dear brother Vanyar. I am indeed not quite a theologian - I got confused by what it says on my papers (IG profile), but aspiring to be one. I am yet to complete Pastoral Prima, but clearly very keen on proceeding further with the rest of the studies.

Embarassed

Gwyneth felt a bid sad learning about preaching. She was looking forward to standing at the local market and impose the wisdom of Aristotle.

Oh, that sounds incredibly upsetting. So there is no need for me to attend any of the courses at the county university then? As I am not entirely sure what other uses any of those skills have!

She then thought about it a bit more

Oh, but wait! That brings me to a follow up question. I thought that the divine points are affected by changing the beliefs of the people. So why do I see the daily change in the divine points (sometimes the faith is not maintained, sometimes it is)? How are these affected?

Gwyneth paused. She just received a note from Father Brazingwill. She was actually worried that he was reprimanding her for not submitting her examination answers, but thankfully it was just an introduction of brother Vanyar. But something unusual caught her eye.

Brother Vanyar, I see that you are also , like brother Brazingwill, are a Gray Friar of the Franciscan brotherhood. I was wondering, if you could let me know what this brotherhood is about and what being a Gray Friar means?

Except at this point, she realised that brother Vanyar was nowhere to be seen, no doubt leaving in silence whilst she was busy reading the note. Gwyneth sighed and decided to carry on with reading texts from the Book of Virtues in her preparation for the examination, whilst waiting for the bishop's return.
Vanyar

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 20, 2020 9:02 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The old man smiles reassuring to the young lady that stands before him. He remembers his first steps in the Church and later in Rome, everything was new, words are used in other ways that he had used them before. That combined with the international culture that is here in Rome makes one looks puzzled at times.

Sister, forgive me for my joke, of course I knew what you ment. But I am sometimes a bit of a prankster when it comes to these things. I am glad that you are a Theologian in that manner (I am not), and it pleases me even more to hear that you are working on your Pastorale Maxima. An important course in our education of Clergy.

Now to answer some other things that the sister has asked him.

Divinity in your life is something that you require to level up (from 6 to 7), to my knowledge that is the only thing it is still used for in our current world.

Now the brotherhood, that is an interesting question indeed. Not many people are interested in the ways of the Franciscan Monks.

Thank you for inquiring about the Franciscan Brotherhood, it is truly a good Order if you ask me. The Franciscan order or Order of the brothers (and sisters) minor is an open religious community welcoming laics and the secular clergy, and the brothers and sisters of the regular religious.

It was created in September 1450 by Frère Nico now canonised by the Dogma as one of our patron saints. It was he that found an old manuscript of Saint Francis of Genoa, which contained the “Rule of Saint Francis”.
He indefatigably preached all his life in the Kingdoms, and the community, which first gathered at the time of his sermons in St Ménéhould (the first village of the French kingdom), still continues to defend and respect those values and that rule, now based in the monastery in Bruz, Brittany. There is also a Grey Friars covenant in England, Liverpool, that is where Brother William and myself have been active. Because brother William's French is perfect he is also very active in that covenant.

The order is accepting new members, and if you are interested I could show you the covenant in Liverpool so you can get a feeling about the environment. Or I can teach you here about the value's that the Greyfriars hold so close to their heart.

The old man hopes that this answers the questions of sister Gwyneth.

Gwyneth

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 27, 2020 9:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Gwyneth smiled

Oh not at all brother Vanyar! I like a good joke myself! But it is difficult to judge when you don't know people very well. Yes, I am a rather keen scholar.. brother Brazingwill has set me copious amounts of books to read for the next few weeks. I do hope that some of the text will stick in my head!

Having listened to the words of wisdom about the divine points, sister Gwyneth decided to put the matter out of her head for now.

I would love to visit the covenant in Liverpool! I am very keen on being involved in the religious community and would be delighted to meet brothers and sisters in faith.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: