L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[RP] All roads lead to Rome

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Palais apostolique – Apostolic Palace – Palazzo Apostolico
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Ines..

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 10, 2021 12:46 am    Sujet du message: [RP] All roads lead to Rome Répondre en citant

It was with great joy that the castilian princess received a letter asking to fulfill a promise she did some days before. She still did not believe that she earned the friendship of Casaviecchi, or at least, kind of. He seemed to be interested on the things that Rome could offer, as well as visiting every monument and historical building preserved in the Eternal City.

For the moment, she had some things in her mind, although she had barely idea of every Historical curiosity. She often traveled from one place to other, and that let her know some of them, but in the same time she was not that wise to make a complete guiding. Nevertheless, she felt a responsibility on her shoulders, so she tried to study the days before the arrival of Riccardo. Was it enough? Of course not, she had many other things to do and it was impossible to attend to them all, but at least she tried.

The only response she sent to the Great Ambassador of France was a little boy with a little message: « Your Excellence, Her Royal Highness waits you at the gates of the city. You may come on this friday? » But the poor, little boy was not good enough speaking in English, nor French; actually he was Italian. But is that supposed to be important in this story?

Inès, on the signaled day, waited at the signaled point. That day she was wearing one of the best dresses of her wardrobe, and a jewel, what she didn't use to do actually; it was a medal made out of gold and pearls, and its heart was an emerald, and had some gold chains that embraced her neck. She also wear a fox fur to keep her warm, and this time, she was not wearing a veil, but a bonnet. Her companions were two beautiful, white horses of the papal stables. That day, she was the Major Squire.

Queen of Navarre | Princess of Ischia di Castro | Duchess of Billy | Child of Castile | Countess of Tafalla | Baroness Palatine of St John Lateran | Lady of Bressolles
Prefect of the Court of His Holiness Sixtus IV
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Riccardo Casaviecchi

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 10, 2021 12:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

When the Infanta offered him a visit to the Holy City, curious as he was, the Casaviecchi had of course accepted. As the days went by, back in the French capital, the Grand Ambassador worked from morning to night, no longer counting his hours to the point that every minute of his free time was shrinking like sorrow. The project of drafting numerous treaties with neighboring countries was his priority over all kinds of personal leisure.

Finally free, he had hoped to have the opportunity to make his guided tour thanks to Inès. He didn't have to be patient, because the answer arrived indicating to him a rather easy meeting place to find for a neophyte of the city of Rome. His outfit chosen carefully, he took his little cat who was too happy to be taken on a trip. The animal was carefully placed in the fur of its collar which served as a hood in bad weather. Finally arrived, his Italian although rusty had in theory reflected the place of departure of the visit. Walking without paying attention to the people, the mere sight of the tall, blessed buildings was enough to satisfy him. White stones seemed to predominate in the architecture. Waking up Zeus who seemed to have left for his umpteenth nap of the day, the cat seemed little interested in the beauty of the place.

He for his part fed on space and he would have the chance to be strongly supported for this adventure. The Infanta had many qualities, besides her wit, she was a woman who spared no effort in her work, not to mention that she was not unpleasant to look at. Seeing two white horses, he wanted to approach to stroke them when the elegant silhouette of the Infanta appeared.

Tilting his chest to greet her, he did not miss a moment the care of the outfit and the jewelry worn for the occasion, it offered him a certain aura of maturity that he appreciated and no doubt that the expression on his face demonstrated his feeling.

Your Royal Highness, you are radiant. Thank you for giving me your precious time.

Returning his gaze to the horses, they were majestic.

They are magnificent.

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 10, 2021 11:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Her gaze was lost in the horizon, trying to intuit the figure of Casaviecchi. The bells of all the churches in the city had been ringing for some time, dismissing the faithful from their prayers, and by the tilt of the shadows, Inès sensed that he was about to arrive. It was only for a second, a brief second in which the Baroness Palatine was distracted by the flight of a butterfly as the diplomat approached in the near distance.

Her first reaction was to hide with the body of the horses, which she held by the reins. She was intimidated by the fact that she was not used to doing that sort of thing, let alone without the old cardinal's supervision. But for the luck and safety of the two teenagers, two pontifical guards would follow them at a safe distance, to avoid any unforeseen events, as the last few days had seen an increase in disturbances provoked by imperial emissaries. Nothing to worry about, those disturbances always remained oratory, but Inès felt safer that way.
The girl, then, with incipient nerves in the pit of her stomach, stepped forward just a step to greet Riccardo. Good manners first and foremost. And though she might have been shy at first, as she was on first impressions, the sight of Casaviecchi dressed so solemnly made her laugh.

– You're radiant too, Your Excellence. I didn't expect you dressed with such elegance, though you always do properly, but let's admit! It was supposed to be a visit, a kind of excursion, then...

But I must be honest, you see. I had to be dressed in accordance with my age.

Again, joking. There was no better way to break the ice. And if she was dressed like that, with that trace of maturity that Casaviecchi had assumed, it was precisely because she was honouring the riddle that had been hatched in the rooms of San Benedetto. She was dressing one of her mother's dresses, made out of silk. Lots of luxury in so little fabric. But rather than talking about their wardrobes, she looked at the horses, by the time he mentioned them. Inès nodded.

– They will help us to cross the city without a feet pain. Or did you think I was going to let the Grand Ambassador suffer under the Squire's hospitality? This one, which I will ride, is called Temperance. -She caressed the animal. Then turned out to look the other, much taller.– And this is Sundance. Both are coursiers, specifically the one you will ride today is a mare from Lipica, a purebred. She is docile, but also has character. She is warm-blooded...

She stopped to look at him, smiling broadly. Whenever she spoke of the horses in her care, the Marquise could not help it, and exuded joy and pride from every pore. In fact, it was his favourite of all the positions she held, although it was the loneliest. With a calm expression on her face, she waited for Riccardo's reaction, hoping that he would also introduce her to the adorable pet that came with him. She would have wished to show her excitement at the uninvited guest, but for the sake of propriety, she kept her appearance calm, beyond that ever-present smile. She had a lot to talk to him about, and in fact was eager to explain the route they would be taking.

Queen of Navarre | Princess of Ischia di Castro | Duchess of Billy | Child of Castile | Countess of Tafalla | Baroness Palatine of St John Lateran | Lady of Bressolles
Riccardo Casaviecchi

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 14, 2021 7:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

He could have taken offense at Inès' laughter, no doubt if others had done so, the Casaviecchi would have split a revealing raised eyebrow. But it was refreshing, and then ignorant of how to dress, he had mostly listened to the advice of his chambermaids who feared too much for his health.

Grinning back at her, he shrugged like a good teenager, hands spread in apology and embarrassment.

To tell the truth, I did not see myself coming in simple clothes, and then I do not hide from you having feared the winds of the city. Their temperature is said to cool the body very much when you are not used to it. I who am a real paper scraper, the fur is not too much.

Continuing on the teasing without losing his smile.

Imagine a sick doctor, that would sound bad.

Resuming a little of his usual seriousness, not without being as he could be within the embassies or when he represented the King.

This outfit really looks amazing on you, I'm honored to see you wearing it.

Small exchanges made, his attention was mainly focused on horses, he who adored animals, he was served. Horses from the papal stables, just that and better yet, he would have the right to ride them. The excitement rose slightly like a little boy having his Christmas present ahead of time. Allowing himself to gently stroke the muzzle of his companion for the day, he smiled dreamily as the pads of his fingers brushed the hair of infinite softness.

You give me a very nice present for this day. I had no doubts for a moment of the good care you will take on this ride. But this is beyond my hopes. They are splendid and this dress is just fit for angels.

His cat showing up, he allowed himself to withdraw his hand touching Sundance and grabbed his cat to present it to Ines. He was the size of a kitten no more than four months old, his ears and legs were much smaller than normal, and his head was of course round. Large green eyes scrutinized Ines, filled with curiosity.

And here is my little travel companion Zeus, I did not choose his first name, it was the mayoress of the village at the time, because he struts around as if he was an ancient god when he walks.

Reaching out to Inès so that she could take it if she wished, he held out his other hand towards the horse, too tempted to touch him.

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 17, 2021 1:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Marchioness listened attentively to Riccardo's words. Whatever he might say, even if it was nonsense, was of interest to her, so whenever he spoke she remained at his most concentrated attention. And the smile, too.

– You are right, April is still cold in this land even if it is sunny, but in May the countryside blooms again, warming everything up. Your clothes are the most suitable for this temperature.

You are very kind to flatter my clothes, I do admit that I wore the best of my wardrobe to see you, though if you repeat that it is worthy of angels, I warn you that in Rome that is almost like heresy!

Joking again, she laughed softly, and her eyes widened, full of surprise, to hear that Riccardo was a doctor. But she made no comment at the time, for Casaviecchi introduced her to his pet, an adorable feline with an absolutely majestic bearing for such a young age.

– Oh, he's so adorable. Zeuus, bonny, good morning. -She said, stroking the cat after taking it in her arms.- Can you stay with me during the walk? Maybe it's too cold for him, I'll tuck him in with my fox collar. You know, I have a cat too, he's black, and his name is Softly, but he's a bit old and I can't take him with me, he doesn't like emotions....

Do you agree if we start with our route?

He lamented inwardly. Softly was a gift that her aunt Countess Anelle of Lancaster Dorchester gave her in childhood, when Inès was a newcomer in England and knew no children; Softly was her pet and her most loyal friend during her childhood, and now, although he was still alive, his health was somewhat more delicate and he had become a lazy cat who preferred to sleep rather than play. But that did not bother the Infanta, for she had other pets, perhaps too many for what was considered appropriate. She had a great sensitivity and love for animals.
It was important that they start with the scheduled route so that they had time to visit everything they had planned in the morning, and then retire for lunch at the palace of Aracoeli, where some specific dishes were ordered to entertain the Grand Ambassador. With a polite, almost shy gesture, Inès asked him to help her mount the mare. Temperance was calm, but also hot-blooded at times, and although both horses seemed to be still asleep on the surface (they are not very early risers apparently), they reacted appropriately. So she offered her hand to Casaviecchi, and with the other she took hold of the saddle, placing her left foot in the stirrup. The saddle for her was to ride the horsewoman, as was required among the ladies. If this had been a long journey, Inès would have ridden like the men for comfort.
Once on Temperance, Inès looked at Riccardo, thanking him for his help with a smile, and waited for him to get on the horse as well while she gripped the reins firmly, and pulled the riding crop from one of the saddle bags.

– Are you a doctor? My goodness, you must be an eminent one! Only the most intelligent can learn that trade. I once thought I wanted to study medicine, but I'm a bit intimidated by blood. Sometimes I get dizzy at the sight of it, so I don't know if it would be right for me.

Look Riccardo, this gate in the wall is the Porta Castelli, we're here.
- She showed him a map.– Behind there we have the Circus of Nero, a really grandiose building, but our visit doesn't go through there.
As you know, the Vatican palace is in that direction. But we will go through the city, following the course of the Tiber as far as the harbour, and then the fields. I would like you to see all the beauty of Rome.

Riccardo Casaviecchi

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 22, 2021 1:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Flattered that she allowed herself to wear her best outfit, he didn't hold back her smile as she said the words.

I promise to be careful not to compare yourself to an angel in this case. It would be unfortunate if I got into trouble when I am here as a very humble tourist.

The tone of the ride was set, intellectual curiosity and joke, the day promised to be pleasant.

Adorable and capricious, like all cats, no doubt.

Leaving him the animal, as much as Zeus enjoys the ride too, for once, he would not take a nap.

The wind is especially not very pleasant for them, on their hair, they feel the slightest breath, but well in the shelter there is no doubt that the exit will be marvelous in his kitten eyes.

His eyes widened, the fact that she had a cat in her possession just as delighted him.

Oh really ? You will have to show me yours next time.

Answering the following question accompanied by a smile.

Absolutely.

Stretching out her hand politely, Ines was able to allow herself to support herself and thus ride the mare in complete safety. Just allowing himself to take a look at the dress to make sure it didn't bother him during the ride, he in turn allowed himself to climb onto Sundance by leaning on the stirrups and then settled down comfortably. The saddle was well adjusted, he relaxed the stirrups just a little considering its height to allow a more pleasant ride.

His long jacket was spread over the rump of his horse, he held the reins then barely turned to bring Sundance closer to Temperence.

Indeed doctor for more than a year now. But I admit spending more time in my laboratory than stitching up wounded people. Doctors don't just stitch up the wounded. But the studies are quite specific, unfortunately there are not many methods for learning human anatomy.

Not daring to admit that the course included in-depth studies on the dead. Most of the time they were forgotten in the streets, people whose families did not even have the minimum to pay a last sacrament or to dig a simple hole. Recovered before going to the mass grave, the bodies were sold to the medical university, from there, the students learned about more or less fresh bodies to train.

His head tilted over the map, he scrutinized each little little house eagerly, eager to discover a possible secret. Architecture could sometimes reveal wonderful treasures, and what could be better for the teenager if they found a secret passage? Enthusiastic, he focused his azure gaze on Ines.

I can't wait to start this trip. Do you think there will be boats on the Tiber as well?

Curious of course, the flood of questions would begin from the first few meters without a doubt.

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 24, 2021 12:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Inès' gaze did not stray from the little kitten Zeus, and while Riccardo rode on Sundance, she caressed his little head with care, wrapping him in the fox fur. The comment about the angels still made her smile, especially as Riccardo, who appeared to have a strong character, was backing away looking like an innocent tourist - oh yes, a tourist indeed, but not so humble and innocent! And this brings us to... What does the Marquise think of him? At that moment, the Viscount seemed to be as affable as she was. But in previous encounters, perhaps, the two had not started off on the best foot. However, she was not spiteful or vindictive, and although she had a good memory, she liked Riccardo. She felt sympathy for him.

She stood with her back straight, firmly holding Temperance's reins. The mare was receptive, though she seemed to want to move forward already, which was not long in coming. The Spanish girl waited for the French boy to be ready, and seeing that he was already settled on the mare, Inès took the riding crop and gave Templanza's hind quarters a gentle tap. So the walk began with the couple leaving Porta Castelli, crossing the old walls of the Eternal City towards the Tiber promenade, where the first houses of ancient construction were already appearing, while Riccardo explained to her the profession of medicine. Inès, who admired the knowledge, stared at him attentively. There was a moment when their eyes made contact; but Inès was not yet confident enough to hold his gaze, so she looked straight ahead. It was important, too, to know where the horses stood. The causeway was a legacy of Ancient Rome.

– Ohhh and what kind of stuff do you make in the laboratory? Do you make phylters? –The aristocrat was surprised. In spite of being a worldly person, since she had travelled a great deal, and of her studies in heraldry and the thousand and one useless curiosities she liked to read in books, she was ignorant of any knowledge in relation to medicine. Inès was also unaware of how the body could be known. She hardly knew hers, nor its mechanisms, because she was still extremely naive, as she had been brought up according to the demands of a good lady of high birth.
On the day of the first moon, he still remembered, she was being portrayed by an apprentice painter hired by his brother the Duke. She was dressed in white and pink silks, sat on a niche, and she hardly noticed the pain in her belly, except for a trickle of blood running down her ankle. At first, she was repulsed and frightened, and did not understand why God had decided that women should suffer from this evil.

As they moved towards the Tiber, they could smell the humidity, and the noise of people walking and converging on Rome gradually increased the closer they got to the city centre. Inès looked at Casaviecchi.

– Ships? Mmmmm. Sure, there are always some. Rome is a city with a lot of trade, like any port city, of course. Although I must say that what we will see more often are the little boats moving goods from the coast to the city. Normally the big ships caulk outside, and I know that in the event of an attack they put out to sea, they can't be taken in by the river. Do you have maritime skills?

Inès kept the whip relaxed, the mare's gait was harmonious and she did not need to be encouraged to continue. Besides, she did not wish to disturb the kitten, still in her lap, and who sometimes moved forward a little, trying to look beyond to guess what was there and how they were moving, without daring to get off.

– However, I have devoted myself to the study of heraldry, as you know. I tried to study the pastoral maxima, but I admit that, at the time I did so, I was so overwhelmed by all the work at the College of Heraldry that I could not concentrate on the study of Dogma. I know that it is not as exciting as medicine... I will get it back, sooner or later. I like to study, I admit it. –She smiled. At one point along the road, Inès pointed the whip at a collapsed building.– This used to be a wash house from Roman times, today it is used as a watering place for cattle returning from the fields. It is true that Rome has great constructions, grandiose monuments, but even the most humble ones are details to be taken into account, small brushstrokes that make up the picture.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Palais apostolique – Apostolic Palace – Palazzo Apostolico Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: