L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[GB]Book of Virtues - Eulogy -

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 07, 2021 10:38 pm    Sujet du message: [GB]Book of Virtues - Eulogy - Répondre en citant

Citation:

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Juin 05, 2023 2:10 pm; édité 3 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 07, 2021 10:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Panegyric I - On the Soul -

During the time that Aristotle lived in Athens and had installed his headquarters at the "Academy of Beer", a tavern located in Plaka, in the heart of the Egyptian district (they had modest rooms for the students, or for the revelers and night owls who were later to become known as gypsies.), Aristotle was often confronted by drunks, deep in their thoughts. It was during one of those special nights that the tavern was known for that Aristotle made a revelation which shook the whole intellectual community of the city for a long time.

In the midst of the usual clamor in the damp heat of the sweaty and noisy tavern, accompanied by the staggeringly drunk Paulodare shouting "Drink, Drink Drink!!! It is through Drink we hips....hips..hiccups....", that Mimilas a friend of both Paulodare and Aristotle, leapt onto a table and questioned Aristotle:

Mimilas : “Enlighten us, then, Master, on what our soul is.”

Then the wise Aristotle addressed the assembly in these terms.

Aristotle : “My friends, there are two kinds of soul. Any living being has a soul which I would call the anima, in that it is the force which animates it, placed in the formation of the being toward its complete body. Being the organizing principle of the living body, the anima is inseparable from the being itself.”

Mimilas : “One might thus call this anima the same as the function of a red worker ant, for example, but what would be the other sort of soul?”

Aristotle : “Indeed, (and I remind you that the red worker ant is known as proletarian), in contrast, the animus, the thinking soul, has a privileged status and it seems well to be a very different kind of soul, and that it alone can be separated from the body, as the eternal component of the corruptible physical anima.”

Mimilas : “Then, being eternal, the animus would thus be conceived in the image of God?”

Aristotle : “Exactly. It is the anima which makes our friend Paulodaure instead of heading straight home from his corn field to his wife Bobona and the kids, choose to head toward the tavern like the other red ants - his buddies and thus little by little allow himself to grow plump, be full of regret and have Cirrhosis. Thus our friend has a fat appearance and appears older than he really is.

On the other hand, it is the animus of Paulodaure which will arrive pure and intact (for it was of little use to Paulodaure) at the doors of Paradise in expectation of its introduction... and there, informed that our friend Paulodaure has been in possession of all the potential capabilities in the animus, but has not given use to his animus he will be included in the same group that we would find a black-headed gull. What will happen then?"

Then a great silence fell, which spread throughout the whole academy including the lowest levels of the common room, such that the air seemed to become electric with anticipation as each person reflected on what Aristotle had said about the soul. Each were wondering about their own animus, and thus their own salvation. The revelry had ceased.

Mimilas scratched his head then said, appalled, “I fear that the holy gatekeeper will certainly refuse the animus of Paulodaure entry!”

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 07, 2021 10:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Panegyric II - the being as being -

Through the stunned crowd, then came the most terrible of all enemies of the mind: Cratylus, the philosopher of silence, who preferred gestures to words.
    He had already famously won an argument with his own tutor Heraclitus who had once proclaimed "you cannot bathe in the same river twice."
    Cratylus had replied,

"You cannot even do it once. The truth is that change is constant and instantaneously, thus so are words. Without exactly defined words to enunciate the truth communication is impossible and as of this moment I shall not express anything in words".

Approaching the instructor, Cratylus wiped his forehead and sat in front of the Prophet, and, as he always did, he began to move his finger in all directions. This meant :

"I can not say anything intelligible about this perpetually changing world."

His quickly then jabbed his Thumb at his opponent in an aggressive challenging gesture.

The watchers among the crowd became disturbed and unsettled as they witnessed this great assault.

But the great philosopher, always attentive, dodged the blow from the thumb and replied

"It is from watching the world and not turning away from it that we learn the truth. He that does not see the first movement, thus ignores the substance, ie what remains is changed. "

Cratylus, destabilized, wondering what he had got into, clenched his fingers into a fist before raising his middle finger.

The prophet, taking advantage, continued:

"If we take for example Palaudaure, whose body is so ravaged by his stays at the tavern so that he is more often seen on all fours like a quadruped or struggling reptile. But everyone agrees he is biped as that is his original form if only seen on rare occasions. (it is his potential form not actual)"

Cratylus understood full well, and began sweating with anxiety such that he made fanning movements with his hands.

Aristotle continues:

"Thus, and in the same way, a large number of human beings have malformations, malignant or benign and remain human, despite what their appearance would have you think."

Then the sage gave the coup de grace, saying :

"You yourself, philosopher of Silence who does not emit any sound, All of us here know that in the same way you were given the shape and form of a talking person. It is an irrefutable fact that you cannot change, since the power of speech is a gift that the Almighty has given mankind"

As he made these final words, he thrust his own thumb out at Craylus, but pointed it downwards toward the ground. Cratylus meekly returned the gesture, meaning he had lost the battle. This would later become a common sign for those who were lost, or who had a judgement against them.

Then the crowd rose as one and cheered the the Prophet in his moment of triumph, even if some of the crowd had weakened legs from the tenseness.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 05, 2023 2:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Panegyric III – Copying Ideas

The next day, while at The Peripatetic school, Aristotle the Prophet was about to start his daily exercises, a 400-meter sprint, when Xenocrates "the heavy" came to find him. Xenocrates, known for his aphorisms (sayings) such as "The brain has such astonishing capacities that today almost everyone has one" or "Alcohol makes water drinkable" or "A ton weighs at least a hundred kilos, especially if it's heavy", addressed the prophet Aristotle in the following way: "The master has greatly appreciated your performance against Cratylus, and would like you to join him at gymnasium to congratulate you".

"A summons from Plato can't be avoided or postponed!" murmured the Prophet with a smile.

In the gymnasium, as usual, a swarm of disciples buzzed around grand master Plato himself, wrapping him in their slimy, canine solicitude. The latter suddenly raised an eyebrow and imposed silence. Then Plato, with his broad forehead: 1.93 m, 95 kg, puffed up with pride, rose to his feet. He grabbed Aristotle by the arm in a perfectly locked grip and began the most illustrious verbal debate of all time.

Round One – Plato serving: Copying Ideas

Plato: Creatures are in a constant state of "Being". Creatures rushing towards their own destruction, are in a state of "Becoming". They don't deserve to "Be". As a young man, I was shy and frail-voiced," thundered the giant extrovert, "so if I can't answer the question who am I permanently? shouldn't I also ask the question am I? Right, my good friends?" The whole assembled fan club intoned in ancient chorus.

Plato: "However, when a thing changes, there must be something in it that remains, otherwise it wouldn't change, it would be radically different, right lads? "My good Master" whispered the company of sandal lickers.

Xenocrates: "Well yeah, if it's not you then it's your brother, but if it were you your brother, your sister-in-law would be your wife and your children their own cousins ... That's not good enough!" says Xenocrates, scratching his head.

Plato: "How about we put his muzzle back on, guys, instead of throwing peanuts at him like he's a monkey?" "You said it, puffy" cried the platonic disciples.

Plato: "I would add that when we observe these different creatures we discover that they reproduce in the same species constant traits which are pass on from individual to individual, transcending generations and which are Copies of Ideas, from perfect eternal models - which I shall call Ideas. Surely, in seventeen hundred years, I promise you a number of Xenocrates in the human population destined to entertain their contemporaries."
    "That would be something!" giggled the ecstatic gawkers.

Plato: "Besides, don't we always have a vague consciousness of these archetypes, these Ideas, because our soul, which existed before us and will pass into other bodies after we have seen them in another world? "
    "That hits the mark " chuckled the wallow at the feet of the magister

Plato: "Therefore all living beings have by nature the intuition of this similarity, which makes them recognize everything that is of the same kind and which makes the snail, despite the difficulty does not select the slug to copulate, not to mention the choice of the porcupine!" The speechless disciples rolled into a ball in ecstatic delight.

Plato: "Companions, each of you knows the myth of disagreement: the young provincial, initiated into the arts of the city, becomes the best student, so that, accomplished, he nibbles on the fingers he has licked. You have the floor, Aristotle!"

Aristotle: "As God is my witness, I love Plato's hand, but I love the truth even more," replied the prophet. The audience held its breath, in anticipation.

( to be continued...: the essence of things is in the things themselves)

Reviewed and corrected by Cinead of Twynholm, June 5th 1471

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 05, 2023 2:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Panegyric IV - The Essence of Things

Aristotle: "Your work, my good master, brilliant as it may be, is but a pure figment of your imagination. To say that things cannot arise from Ideas, that they are exemplary and that other things partake from them, is to speak words in vain and spin poetic metaphors."

The embarrassed audience turned their eyes to the sky to the angel heavily packed with catapults, and everyone mentally walked away from his ballistic analysis. Aristotle then began to circle around his victims in concentric circles towards the shadow of the sundial.

Aristotle: "Observing that Ideas are almost as numerous as the things for which they have been used to explain them, well, dare I say it? The process is more than a little smoky, if I may say so. Just as a drunken Paulodaure has to close one eye to avoid seeing double, we have to fight against the vertigo of your discourse and the endless multiplication of ideas in the great universal mishmash!"

Although the audience had already won over the master, rumors were already circulating about the in-the-move aspect of the Peripatetic discourse as Aristotle swooped down on his prey.

Aristotle: "You claim that the soul passes from body to body without being dependent on it. How then can it be altered by the body? For when the same Paulodaure has eight grams of pure alcohol in his blood, with all due respect, his soul is no longer to beautiful to behold".

The murmur grew louder, "Very trendy Aristotle..." "I'm also a fan of wall graffiti."

Aristotle: "So, in your opinion, the Idea of Human is the Perfect Human in the Ideas World, in a way that all men and women are more or less imperfect copies. But let's be serious: this view on things is so abstract that Diogenes mockingly searches for it in vain in the streets of Athens, in broad daylight with a lamp in his hand! The prophet smiled devastatingly, "holy mackerel!"

Then the illustrious Diogenes, his lifelong partner in crime, joined Aristotle on the sidelines. Dressed as a woman with stuffed breasts, he threw a feathered chicken at Plato's feet and then sang in a high-pitched voice, "Say it again, master, that man is a featherless bird."

The crowd chuckled, hastening the Platonic defeat. "How they ruin the old man!"

Aristotle, holding Plato's shoulder and sobbing with laughter, said:

"Try to understand, old man, that the substance of things, the essence of beings is found in itself and the form cannot manifest itself without matter. Thus, when our soul has reached the Most High, it will incarnate for eternity, even if you don't like it, without setting its intention again on endless earthly round trips."

Some of the trendiest Athenians were already gathering around the Prophet to get his opinion about the new way of wearing khiton (undergarment) instead of the classic peplos (Grieks dress), and to find out if the sandal would soon be dethroned by the buskin (theater boot).

Reviewed and corrected by Cinead of Twynholm, June 5th 1471

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: