L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[GB]The non dogmatic texts - Non-dogmatic testimonies -

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 17, 2021 3:59 am    Sujet du message: [GB]The non dogmatic texts - Non-dogmatic testimonies - Répondre en citant

Citation:

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Jeu Aoû 10, 2023 11:44 am; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 10, 2023 11:39 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Reference texts that are not dogmatic
    Angel Mount General

One day, one of my parishioners came to me and told me about a strange dream. He claimed to have seen an angel in a dream. Naturally, I doubted it, doubted the sincerity of the church member, or rather, I didn't doubt his ability to drink beer and good wine. Then two or three more church members joined in. They all repeated astonishing details. They even claimed to have found fruits under their beds shortly after the dream! The dream seemed to be the same, but I was able to reconstruct it. A large angel with magnificent hair and beautiful wings addressed the dreamers and said upon departure, "Long live free Quebec!" or an equally unintelligible phrase, "I understood you!".

Suddenly, one night, doubting more and more the mental health of my parishioners, this angel appeared to me in my dream. He didn't smile at me. He was dressed in light chestnut-colored clothes and, from his words, he understood me.

Waking up suddenly, I decided to jump out of bed and sat down with my pen. I wrote, wrote, wrote, not about the dream, but about this text, narrating a story from my grandfather, a scholar from Constantinople. I always took this story for a hallucination, but my grandfather's description matches exactly with this dream. Here is this story that I tell from the depths of my soul.

Citation:
    Agranicos was my paternal grandfather. He was one of the literature professors at the largest school in Constantinople, the Imperial School. One day, as he was about to quench his thirst after long discussions with his students, he entered a tavern in the city center and found no one there, well, no human being. He saw an angel. An angel with perfect wings. He was of great stature, probably over six feet tall. An angel is superior to humans, and it shows. This angel was drinking a beverage slowly. A glass bottle with a strange label, "Cognac," was right next to him. Every time his glass was empty, he would fill it up again.

My grandfather, a man of faith and reason, approached this divine creature and began a conversation. The angel was dressed in a light green suit. Two bright stars adorned a strange cylindrical headdress. My grandfather later proudly mentioned that he had seen two of the stars that shone at night and that he was now convinced that the stars in the sky were nothing but angels. He even proposed a fanciful hypothesis to me at the time, but today, I doubt it. A constellation would be nothing more than an angel wearing stars on their headdress. The number of stars would indicate their importance and proximity to God. Having less than two stars is impossible, as it would not be a constellation. Having more than seven stars as well, but he could only say that beyond seven stars, it was God Himself.

The two wings extended far beyond the suit, and it seemed that openings had been made for them.

Agranicos: The Earth, so lowly and impoverished, greets you, oh great Saint. Angel: Ah, a human. Agranicos: Angel is indeed your title, your name. Angel: Oh no, if you wish to address me respectfully, my name for you is "Mount General."

Agranicos: Mount General? I beg your pardon?

Old Agranicos knew that many people were named after their place of birth. But he couldn't locate this mountain.

Angel: But of course, I am De Gaulle!

Agranicos finally realized that this mountain was in Gaul, far to the west, a land he hardly knew except from books.

Agranicos: Mount General, I didn't mean to offend you. It is quite rare to encounter a being of such perfection on our humble Earth.

Angel: Ah, perfection! I messed up my life. I dedicated it to my country, and look where I have ended up.

Agranicos: Were you previously a human before becoming an angel?

Angel: But of course! But what remains of me today? Of my heroic deeds? For example, when the war began in Africa in 1942 and units of my country fought.

Agranicos thought of the invasion of North Africa under the rule of Emperor Caligula and the bloody battles. It seemed that Mont General was a Roman officer.

Angel: I don't even want to talk about '68! Ah, the rebellious students! And everywhere, in the streets of the capital! I had to give a great speech to bring people to their senses.

Agranicos didn't understand. He had no memory of a student revolt in the year '68 after Christos, maybe in the year -68, but that didn't make sense. The angel would have been too old! The old scholar questioned the angel.

Agranicos: I don't understand, Mount General, a student revolt at that time?

Angel: But of course! Don't you remember?

The angel hesitated for a moment, then regained composure. His breath smelled of alcohol.

Angel: Oh, right, you wouldn't know. But I still remember when I was a young angel on my journey to Qué-bec and recalled the teachings of Archangel Gabriel, whom you surely know, the great Archangel? I repeated the words, "Long live free Qué-bec!" It was a great moment. We liberated Qué-bec without hesitation, and it settled in its sea bed.

Agranicos: Québec, where is that?

Angel: Qué-bec is not a country but a ship.

Agranicos was astonished by this mysterious name that came out of nowhere. He knew of the Archangel, but apparently, this name wasn't familiar to him. After a few moments of contemplation and a few swallows by the angel, Agronicos realized that Québec was indeed a ship, as narrated in the hagiography of Saint Gabriel!

Angel: Oh, and how well I was in North Africa in 1958 when things were deteriorating! The war was already lost, but nobody had realized it, especially not the military. So, in a grand speech in the midst of the capital of North Africa, I said, "I understand you!"

Agronicos was confused by his lack of understanding and tried to search for a Roman campaign in Africa during those years. It was very difficult for him because the region was not yet pacified. Suddenly, he saw the angel hold his hand to his ear and speak into empty space.

Angel: Yes, hello?... Very well... Perfect... So, I'll leave immediately.

Angel: Excuse me, the conversation was very interesting, but I have to go. A new mission has just been entrusted to me. I have to help garlic throwers save a republic, and it's not even the fifth one.

Agranicos watched him soar above the capital with a grand movement of his wings. He flew extremely close to the dome of Hagia Sophia and disappeared into the sky.

According to my grandfather, the angel's last words were "Long live the Republic!"

Reported by Monseigneur Bardieu
    Translated at the Villa San Loyats, July 13th 1471.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 10, 2023 11:39 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Miracle of Guyenne

I, André, the guard at the dungeons of the Fort du Hâ, wish for my testimony of this night, a night both terrible and magnificent, from Saturday the 12th to Sunday the 13th of December in the year of our Lord fourteen hundred fifty-seven, to be put into writing.

From a distance, I saw a man whom I knew well and who often visited the Cathedral of Cahors. His name was Monsieur Aqualung. Supported by two guards, he was roughly thrown into a cell. His face was tired, and he could not stand. If he had been an enemy of Guyenne, he could have been treated the same way. His face bore the usual marks left by the guards when they were bored and a prisoner caused a commotion.

Since I recognized the man, I asked one of the two guards for the reason of his imprisonment. The taller one replied that he had been sentenced to a day in prison for fraud. Apparently, Father Aqualung protested against the maximum price set by the city administration, which was lower than the production costs, and demanded mediation by the duchy.

Thus, Father Aqualung was brought into this dark cell. I saw him with my own eyes, completely stunned by the absolutely unimaginable way he was being treated. His cell was damp and full of rats. I could see him because the doors of the prison cells of the Fortress du Hâ were made of wood and had an opening at the top to observe the prisoners.

The two guards left, and I remained on watch for the night. I saw him sitting motionless in his cell. He scribbled on a piece of paper. This action, natural for the rector of the University of Guyenne for several months now, reassured me. Then I saw him place the message on a rat even more emaciated than himself. The rat disappeared without a moment's hesitation.

Later, I learned, when I saw the paper posted at the university, which contained the following:
    Citation:
    To all my student brothers and sisters,
    The days in this icy and stinking cell will put an end to my health. With each passing hour, I feel everything that remains of my life gradually dissipate.
    Before I die, I wanted to bid you all a final farewell and testify to the pleasure I had, during these eight months as rector, of working with you. Despite the occasional disagreements we may have had, I am happy to have fulfilled this role throughout this time.
    It is time for me to go to the Most High... I do this with serenity and trust... My task down here is fulfilled...
    I hope you soon find my successor, and I thank Madame Ombres for stepping in so quickly for me...
    Farewell, my friends...

I continued to sleep when suddenly a bright light streamed out of the small hatch that was used to watch the prisoners. I hurriedly got up to open this small hatch at the top of the door. The light was so blinding that I could not look. After a few seconds, my eyes got used to the light and I recognised a radiant, winged figure. Not beautiful, no, beautiful would have been too common, the more apt expression would be "almost perfect". I had read in a text that beauty comes from harmonious forms, and I could confirm this with my own eyes.

The winged figure had human features and I recognised an angel. He saw me and turned his head in my direction. He put his hand in front of his mouth to signal me not to scream. But this was a little needed precaution, given the panic that had gripped me. The angel spoke to Aqualung, who had a completely serene face. His features looked relaxed, for he had faith.

I continued to sleep when suddenly a bright light streamed in from the small opening used to observe the prisoners. I hurriedly got up to open that small opening at the top of the door. The light was so dazzling that I couldn't look directly at it. After a few seconds, my eyes adjusted to the light, and I recognized a radiant, winged figure. Not beautiful, no, beautiful would have been too ordinary; the more fitting expression would be "almost perfect." I had read in a text that beauty arises from harmonious forms, and I could confirm this with my own eyes.
    The winged figure had human features, and I recognized an angel. He looked at me and turned his head in my direction. He placed his hand in front of his mouth to signal me not to scream. But that was an unnecessary precaution, given the panic that had seized me. The angel spoke to Aqualung, who had a completely calm face. His features appeared relaxed because he had faith.
    The angel approached Aqualung and spoke a few words:
    Citation:
    Angel: "Good day, Aqualung, do you recognize me? I am the Archangel Michael."

Aqualung: "Of course, great Archangel!"

Angel: "You lie, Aqualung. You have never celebrated a single Mass in my honour! But perhaps you have seen my image in the Book of Virtues."

Aqualung: "That's true, great Archangel. I have celebrated all the saints, prophets, and most of the archangels, but I have forgotten you. Shame on me, forgive me for having ignored you during my short life."

Angel: "Clearly, justice has not forgotten you. It has brought you to this gloomy place. But that is nothing, Aqualung. I have come to tell you that the Almighty has admired your life and your work, which is close to the virtues. He has silently observed the Guyenne justice and Judge Zorgl as they condemned you and imprisoned you today, on God's day. They will regret it when they find out. The Almighty has tasked me with putting an end to this disgrace. The Guyennois, and especially their Duchess Melior, inflict the unbearable upon you. Therefore, I ask you, Aqualung, to come."

Aqualung: "How is that possible, great Archangel? Should I come? Is my task fulfilled?"

Angel: "Yes, the Almighty has decided that it is fulfilled. It is time for you to receive your just reward, for a life full of work in the name of our patron saint, in the sunny paradise. Come, Aqualung, so that your spirit may leave this body too greatly tormented by humans and so that true justice, from God, whom I defend, is present and pays tribute to you. So that your body is not immediately defiled by the unbelievers, the henchmen of the executioners, this gate will remain intact until your soul completes the journey to the sunny paradise!"

A flash of light appeared and enveloped the door in a bluish hue. Startled by this unexpected wave of light, I collapsed and lost consciousness.

Several hours later, I abruptly awoke. An agitated man below was demanding the immediate release of Father Aqualung. I had difficulty recognizing him, but his attire and coat of arms left no doubt; it was Father Bardieu, the current Bishop of Cahors, who had come to request the release of Father Aqualung for the Day of the Lord.

How shameful I feel today for my response... I had to say that the sentencing would take the whole day and that he could only be released by the end of the afternoon. Father Bardieu waited in the hope of catching a glimpse of the imprisoned priest.

When the time for release arrived, I noticed that Father Aqualung was motionless. One of my colleagues arrived with the keys to open the door. But he couldn't do it. He tried the key several times, then another key, and finally, all the keys in the prison. None seemed to work. We were astonished by this problem. As time passed and Father Aqualung lay unresponsive to our calls, we decided to notify the Palace of Ombrière.

The response was swift and decisive—the door had to be kicked in. Antoine, the strongest among my colleagues, retrieved an axe from the town hall and attempted to break down the door. Then Roger took over, followed by Aurélien, our executioner. In short, soon there were four guards attempting to destroy this door with axes, swords, and other sharp objects. With each strike, the axe bounced back as if it had hit iron. The wood showed no traces and remained as flawless as it was at the beginning...

After three hours of effort, we realized the obvious truth. The door would not open. Antoine and Roger tried the most brutal methods over the next two days to open the door. They attempted to melt the lock with hot coals, tried to create a pivot point to unhinge the door, and used a battering ram to break it down. Nothing could open it. The more my comrades struck the door, the shinier it became, increasingly gleaming until it reached a polished glass surface. Then, two days later, when we had lost all hope, we heard a click, and the door finally opened.

We rushed to help Father Aqualung. He was motionless, and without a doctor among us, we didn't know if he was dead. He appeared to no longer be breathing. The orders from the Ducal Council were to transfer Father Aqualung to Father Bardieu's cart, which had been waiting in front of the prison for three days, so that he could be taken to a place where he could receive care.

I learned shortly after that Father Aqualung had died. I don't know if he met his demise in the dungeon, but it is highly unlikely that a man as old as him, without water or food for three days, unconscious in a rat-infested cell, could survive.

I, André, ask for forgiveness for my mistakes and confess to leaving this brilliant rector, a "wise man among the wise" and a man of the Church, in such deplorable conditions. Today, I have opened my eyes and seen the divine truth. Who was this angel I did not know? Who was this mysterious creature named Archangel? How did she do it? Why did she let me witness the scene?

The Creator has called Father Aqualung back to Him and probably wanted to show everyone the consequences of imprisoning a priest in a cell on God's day. Depriving a clergyman of his duty to celebrate Mass is an unforgivable offense against faith. I believe that many people will have to confess after witnessing the power of the divine.

May the Almighty welcome Aqualung into the solar paradise and show mercy to my poor example. A few days after these terrible events, we received a request from the Bishopric of Cahors. We removed the polished door and transferred it to the episcopal palace. Apparently, the bishop wanted this door to be part of Father Aqualung's coffin.

Such is my account.

Written by the Brothers Bardieu and Bender.B.Rodriguez
    Translated at the Villa San Loyats, July 13th 1471.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 10, 2023 11:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

The Sermon of Neajdalf

Long ago, after completing my Sunday Mass, a somewhat noisy crowd entered the sacred place and placed at the foot of the altar an individual with bewildered eyes and eccentric attire. The villagers were all speaking at once, but eventually, I understood that they brought me this stranger because they believed he was possessed. He said it was his first connection from his computer and that he was looking for the FAQ or at least a guide to help him get started.

Approaching the poor fellow, it became immediately clear to me that it was the first time he had seen an Aristotelian priest, or at least, he didn't have a good opinion of them.

- Good day, my child, I am Neajdalf, the priest of this village. What are you called?

- They call me Newbie. Despite my appearance, I am an elven mage on a quest to find the Ring of the Elders.

A villager interrupted me:

- You see, my father, we must summon the Inquisition or the exorcists. He is possessed, as I told you.

- Calm down, my son. The Inquisition has other matters to attend to. Their purpose is to combat recognized heretics, not to burn those who are a little lost. I know that some people tell children who don't eat their vegetables that the wicked Inquisition will come and burn them, but that is not its purpose here. As for the exorcists, let's wait and see about our friend.

The vagabond, still seemingly lost, shouted:

- Alright then, explain it to me. And who can provide me with some of their trust?

- Patience, my son. To think of yourself as an elven magician, you must have suffered quite a blow to the head. Let me tell you the story of our Kingdoms. At the time of the creation of the world, there was only God, motionless and full of love. He created the universe and performed a series of miracles to bring forth animals, plants, and humans. So, either you are a plant, an animal, or a human. Then, God only gave the power of speech to humans and to The Nameless One that tries to corrupt humanity. Therefore, since you cannot be that creature, which takes the form of shadows, you can only be human.

- Ah yes, I understand. But if I want to, can I still be a mage? the stranger replied.

- You can entertain the crowds with tricks, but no human possesses magic. Certainly, some chosen ones may have seemed to perform extraordinary feats, but it is thanks to their faith in God, not some pagan magic.

- Alright, let's talk about Moses then. He did use magic, right? Ha! There you have it!

- I do not know this Moses. I may have read texts concerning him, but they are stories meant to entertain the elders, like the tale of Noah and other ancient texts that sometimes circulate.

- Surely, they are in the Bible, aren't they?

- In any case, not in that of the official Church of the kingdoms. Let me tell you our history in a few sentences:

God created the universe. Within the universe, He created the world. And He populated the world with various species of creatures. But each species believed they were God's favorite, except for humans, as they understood the meaning of life: Love. So, God rewarded humans by naming them 'His children.' However, God's children fell into sin, encouraged by one creature rejected by God, The Nameless One. God punished His children by destroying their city, and they scattered. Not understanding the punishment, they invented multiple gods. Then, God, to remind humans of the meaning of life, entrusted His message to Aristotle. And this message found its perfection in Christos (his birth name was Joshua).

The vagabond then asked if he had to forget everything he knew now.
    So, I tried to answer him:

- If what you believe in is not directly tied to the history of the kingdoms, and you want to embrace our historical truth, then undoubtedly, there are many things to forget, yes. Sometimes, it's easiest to forget everything and update your knowledge using the texts recognized by the kingdom. Remember that you are nothing more than a vagabond for now; it will take time to instruct you and become a scholar.

Our religion is called the Aristotelian Church and is of Aristochristian origin, drawing inspiration from the writings of Aristotle, the Kingdoms, and Christos. Its message is that to draw closer to God, one must seek happiness and find Aristotelian friendship. This friendship is not unrestrained; it follows certain rules, the primary one being that it must be selfless. Of course, there are different types of friendships, but you will find that in our libraries or discover it for yourself.
    In each village, there is a mayor who handles politics, city management, and especially commerce. There is also a Presbyter who takes care of religion and the management of the faith of the parishioners. The Presbyter and the mayor must collaborate for the good of the citizens, and if one of them judges that the other is not fulfilling their duty, they can intervene to try to resolve the issue. That's why some mayors take care of religion and some clerics engage in politics.
    Above them, there is the Count for politics and the Bishop for religion, but you will discover all of that by yourself. Just know that political functions are chosen by citizens through elections, while religious functions are appointed and dismissed by the hierarchy of the Church. So, if the people want to elect their Presbyter as mayor, it is the choice of the people, and the Church hierarchy only ensures that the cleric continues to primarily guide the citizens without neglecting their responsibilities as a cleric.

The vagabond seemed to have understood.

- Ah yes, I understand, that is already clearer, and for the rest, what do I have to do? How do I eat? How do I sustain my life?

- That, my child, is less my expertise, but here is a list of documents that will help you find your place.

List from the library:

- Thank you, my friend. I will see if I can find my path," said the vagabond, grabbing his bag and purse. "I will immediately contact the villagers at the tavern to show them that I am not possessed... and that they can trust me.

I smiled as I watched him leave, and I shouted to him.
    - Do not hesitate to contact me if you need assistance.

Later, I learned that the vagabond became a great lord and, while he did not join the Aristotelian Church, at least he had no preconceived notions about it and did not let himself be swayed by unfounded rumors. He made his choices based on informed decisions and not to please the illusions of Hyérel.

Excerpt from the 'Memoirs of a Country Priest,' written by Father Neajdalf, 926 AD.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: