L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Baptism of Villef

Poster un nouveau sujet   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> L'Église de l'Union de Kalmar - Church of the Kalmar Union
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Dunpeal

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 25, 2009 1:58 pm    Sujet du message: Baptism of Villef Répondre en citant

The cardinal finally arrived at the church. He entered to find a quiet, solemn and holy place. He went before the altar, knelled, and made a small prayer thanking the Most High for allowing him to arrive safely after such a long journey.

After praying, the priest went to gather the things he would need for the ceremonies that would happen on this day. In a side room, he found candles, towels, and vestments. He collected them and brought them out to the sanctuary and places them by the baptismal fount. It is now that he notices that the fount is dry.

'Not a problem.' he thinks. The priest finds a small bucket, and goes outside to find some water. Not too far from the church, Dunpeal finds a small well. Filling his bucket, he returns to the church.

Once inside, Dunpeal pours the water into the fount. The priest then places his hands above the water and blesses the water,

"Almighty One, in baptism we use Your gift of water, which You through the wonder of Your unseen Power have made a rich symbol of Your Love and Forgiveness.

God, look now with love upon Your Church, and unseal for her the fountain of baptism. Let this water be a sign of the baptism, that make an end of sin and a new beginning of true friendship.

We ask You, the Most High, with Chirstos and Aristotle be upon the waters of this fount to give as a new life in Your Everlasting Happiness. Amen.
"

When he had completed consecrating the Holy Water, he paused for a moment in meditation. Then the priest placed his hands in to the water, then he raised it to his lips praying that the Power of the Divine Action should direct his hands and speak through his lips.

After this prayer, Dunpeal went to sit down. While he waits for Villef's arrival, he goes over in his mind once again on what he is to do on this day.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Villef

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 25, 2009 9:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Villef has been waiting for this moment for a long time. Early in the morning he had dressed in to his finest clothes he could find (and that's quite much for duke), and all the day long he had been walking nervously around the town. But when the moment of baptizing came closer, he calmed down. Some strange but very relaxing feeling had made him happier he ever had been before.

When the time to go to the churh finally came, he stepped out of the house where he had been waiting for the biggest change of his life. The sun was shining and the birds were singing, only good signs were in sight of Villef's eyes. He took one of his loyal followers with him and began walking towards the church. The town was quite quiet, not many people were in the roads. "Oh I totally forgot that it's lunch time now" Villef said. Finally they were in front of the church. Villef opened the large door, and stepped inside. The servant was coming in too, but Villef asked him to stay outside.

In the church Villef walked to Dunpeal, and greets him.

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 25, 2009 10:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

- i sent you a message, please check inbox
Dunpeal

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 26, 2009 12:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Following Villef back into the church, Dunpeal again looked around as Villef pointed at the places he wanted to decorate.

"Oh, I think it looks quite well, my son. It has a certain solemn dignity and grace, that I think fits the occasion well."

Arriving near the altar, the priest can see the grand happiness on the soon to be faithful's face.

"Okay let us now begin."

The priest clears his throat, and begins the rite of baptism.

"Villef, you have asked to join the Aristotelian community. This is a community of believers seeking the Illumination of the Soul by Faith."

"To join this community you are to be baptised. Baptism is the beginning of the road to purification. This road will free you from a purely material vision of the world and grant to you access to the world of the Ideas. If it is faithfully followed, it shall end in the Promise of Paradise."

The priest guides him to the baptismal fount,

A reading from the Book of Virtues, The Creation, Part VII - ‘Love’:

“We are certainly connected with the matter, certainly subjected to its laws, but our goal is to tend towards You, the Spirit Eternal and Perfect. Therefore, in my opinion, the purpose You gave to life is love.” Then God said: “Human, since you are the only one to have understood love, I make your kind My children. Thus, you know that the talent of your species is its capacity to love Me and to love each other. The other species can love only themselves."

“Thus is the Word of the Most High.”

“Hearing this one could ask oneself: How does one begin on the goal of advancing into a relationship with God? To be able to join with Him and with all Humanity? This relationship is the ‘Aristotelian Friendship’. What is the Aristotelian Friendship?”

"’The Aristotelian Friendship’ in the broad sense, is a community of life: By the Baptism each believer shall be introduced into a spiritual union in power which would thus be a spiritual contact with all the others baptised, at this point joining the traditional notion of the Baptism which introduces the baptised into communion with the Saints.

Baptism, or rite of entry in the Aristotelian Church, gives to new believers the premises of the perfect Aristotelian friendship. This friendship is still to be developed by a contact with God through prayer and the sacraments, and also by the testimony of kindness and compassion to others.

Thus baptism is an introduction into a divine and human family. It is Divine because it puts one into a relationship with God. It is human because it integrates one into the human society of the Aristotelian Church.

Allowing for a moment of reflection on what has been said, the priest again addresses Villef.

"Villef knowing and believing all that has been said, I now therefore ask if you of free heart and mind can say the following:

I believe in God, the Most High Almighty,
Creator of the Sky and the Earth,
Hell and Paradise,
Judge of our heart until the hour of death.

And in Aristotle, the prophet,
The son of Nicomachus and Phaestis,
Sent to teach wisdom
And the divine laws of the Universe to straying men.

I also believe in Christos,
Son of Maria and Joseph.
Who dedicated His life to show us the way to Paradise.
Thus after He suffered under Ponce the Procurator,
He died as a martyr to save us.
He joined the Sun where Aristotle waited on the right-hand side of the Father.

I believe in Divine Action;
In the Holy Roman Aristotelian Church;
In the communion of Saints;
In the remission of sins;
In Eternal Life.

AMEN
Villef

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 26, 2009 1:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Villef has been so relaxed like never before in his life, the moment has come...
The feeling that was in him was greater then he expected to be. With strong male voice but at same time with a dose of respect and dignity he said:

"I believe in God, the Most High Almighty,
Creator of the Sky and the Earth,
Hell and Paradise,
Judge of our heart until the hour of death.

And in Aristotle, the prophet,
The son of Nicomachus and Phaestis,
Sent to teach wisdom
And the divine laws of the Universe to straying men.

I also believe in Christos,
Son of Maria and Joseph.
Who dedicated His life to show us the way to Paradise.
Thus after He suffered under Ponce the Procurator,
He died as a martyr to save us.
He joined the Sun where Aristotle waited on the right-hand side of the Father.

I believe in Divine Action;
In the Holy Roman Aristotelian Church;
In the communion of Saints;
In the remission of sins;
In Eternal Life.

AMEN”

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 26, 2009 2:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

"You have read and accepted the creed put before you.”

”So it is my honour as a priest of the Aristotelian church to ask you to step forward and receive the sign of the Aristotelian Friendship with this holy water. As I make the sign of the Aristotelian Friendship, you shall receive the purification of passed sins and shall be welcome as a baptised member of this Church."

The priest pours the water upon Villef’s head while reciting the solemn words of the ritual of baptism.

“I baptise you in the name of the Holy Universal and Roman Aristotelian Church and the Most High, with the communion of all the Saints and though the Love of the Father of Humanity.”

Handing Villef a towel to dry himself, Cardinal Dunpeal recited one last reading.

A reading from the Ethics of Nicomachus:

Friendship is what is most necessary for living, because without friends, no one would choose to live, had he all the goods in the world. And in poverty, as in any other misfortune, Men believe that friends are the only sanctuary. Friendship is, moreover, a saviour for young people, to protect them from error; for old men, to ensure care and to compensate for their lack of activity due to weakness; finally, for those who are the prime of life, to encourage noble actions, because we are therefore more capable in thinking and acting."

Dunpeal then takes a candle and lights it

handing it to Villef while saying,

“I light a candle for you and give it to you on behalf of myself, the Priest, and all the members of this Church so it may shine and show you the way to true peace and happiness.
After saying this he picks up a small cyan coloured medallion, and places it around the new faithful’s neck while saying.

“Finally, I present to you this symbol of membership into our Faith, into our Friendship, and into our Family. That you may visibly proclaim the message of the Almighty One though your good works for Him. I do this in the Most High’s name. ”

“Amen.”
Villef

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 26, 2009 6:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you for baptizing me, cardinal Dunpeal.

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 26, 2009 10:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Registered.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> L'Église de l'Union de Kalmar - Church of the Kalmar Union Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: