L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Questions for Bishops
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
latan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 04, 2008 7:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The EA can choose among the ecclesiastics members one who will have a right to vote in the assembly, usually such members will hold a position in said assembly (speaker etc...). This co-opted member is then not necessarily a bishop nore the rector of an Aristotelian order. For exemple Archdeacon Leanasidhe has been granted such a honor Wink
paullo

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 04, 2008 4:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Interesting. Thanks for the answer Latan.

I took a look in Apocas list and I noticed that the LEader of HEr Sacred Rose Order isn't listed. Is it correct?

And how is a Bishop chosen? And a Cardinal? And the Primat? Just curious.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
latan
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 04, 2008 7:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

You're right the military order of her sacred rose is not granted an access by right to the EA. The proposal was rejected many months ago.

bishops are elected by vote in the Episcopal Assembly.
English Speaking Cardinals are chosen in the ESPC, and the choice is validated by the Curia in Rome.
The bishop primat is elected by vote in the Episcopal assembly among one of the bishops.

PS: that would be "your Grace" please Wink
paullo

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 04, 2008 9:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am sorry Embarassed. Many thanks Your Grace. Smile
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Gimi

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 18, 2008 5:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dainsleif a écrit:
But good news is we have a candidate and he shall soon be instated Very Happy

Greetings and Good Morning to everyone.

We know it has been a trying time with the recent loss of our friends and mentors but we are loosing more than good people - we are loosing ground in the constant battle to preserve the souls of our flock. What has happened to us?

The Church once played a role in the daily life of the Towns. We held baptisms, weddings and invested our Mayors and Council members. We taught our flock the works of Aristotle and Christos, we consoled our parishioners with words of comfort and Love and we helped them to find enlightenment and to celebrate their Spirituality. The Priests were respected by the Townsfolk and gave of themselves for charity. Yet now we are an unused corner of the town - an ignored feature of life in the cities. Our message of Jah's love is ignored by nearly everyone for other pursuits and vices. We now see warnings about the removal of our currently unused Churches and I grow ever more alarmed.

There was a time when a message left on the Church's door would bring a dozen responses in a day - now I'm lucky to hear from one parishioner after a week. I know that Sevenoaks is not unique in this problem - it's why we asked His Majesty for permission to elevate younger Theologians to the level of Parish Priest over seventy days ago.

Thus I feel that this spiral of decay is from within us and we must act now to stop it before the Church ends up becoming yet another distant and faded memory. We have lost sight of the reason the Church exists. If we are here to bring the Love and Light of Jah unto the common people of the World, then we must return to those roots before we are naught but an empty stalk left to wither in the Sun.

The Parish Church is the very lifeblood of our system. If we do not consistently bring the message of Jah's Love to the common people of the towns then they will not support the existence of the Parish Church. Without these local Houses of Worship I see no reason for our Church Administration to continue to exist. First and foremost we must all remain Priests, not just ready to preach to the people but actually caring for their souls. We need to be out spreading the word to the flocks - be it at Mass or in the Marketplaces. Yet all I see here is a constant voting process with little tangible result and people reading books. We are disconnected from the World we serve and so I fear that we are doomed to failure.

It has been 72 days since I was Ordained as a Level 2 Priest for Sevenoaks (as the Game Admins had approved us to do.)

It has been 30 days since I reached level 3 and could be installed by the Archbishop of Canterbury (meaning now installed with out Game Admin assistance.)

It has been 15 days since Your Eminence suggested there was a candidate ready to be installed as Archbishop of Canterbury.

Yet as of today there is still no Archbishop in place and Sevenoaks, nay all of Sussex, withers and dies in the sun outside of the sight of Jah.

Whatever the cause for this horrific delay, be it resting with His Majesty or be it resting with ourselves, we must effect the needed changes with due speed. Our flock hasn't just started to leave - they are nearly all gone. Soon there will be nothing of our beloved Church left but a pile of ruins and some moldy books.

Church of St. Cyr / C.R.Habilimentary Shop
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Yahoo Messenger
Gimi

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 25, 2008 1:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Now it has been 79 days since I was Ordained as a Level 2 Priest for Sevenoaks (as the Game Admins had then approved us to do.)

It has been 37 days since I reached level 3 and could be installed by the Archbishop of Canterbury (meaning now installed with out Game Admin assistance.)

It has been 22 days since His Eminence Dainsleif suggested there was a candidate ready to be installed as Archbishop of Canterbury.

So why do we still continue to delay?

What can be more important to the Church than the Spiritual Health of it's Parishioners?

Sepia

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 26, 2008 12:28 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
What can be more important to the Church than the Spiritual Health of it's Parishioners?

Technical difficulties. Mad

There are 3 candidates for this position, therefore a vote has to happen and as most of the people who should vote don't have the necissary rights yet on the forum we vote on, we have not been able to get a majority yet.

Also remember patience is a virtue. Wink

Click here to see God!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dainsleif

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 26, 2008 2:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I would like to add another reason too: its summer... people have other things to attend so we may not be as active as on other times.
Gimi

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 26, 2008 6:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

All fair responses but the good folk of our flock aren't hearing them. They instead think we ignore their cries for Mass and Parish Priests. Maybe a RP needs to be seen in some public place or an AAP note needs to be sent about the gathering of the ESPC to discuss the appointments.. a little PR work goes a long way in keeping the Church active in the minds of the believers and non-believers.

Dainsleif

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 26, 2008 12:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Actually its quite a good idea to publish appointments in AAP.

*looks around for a friendly editor*
leanasidhe

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 26, 2008 4:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

If I am given a press release or announcement, then I'd be more than happy to publish something newsworthy like this. Very Happy
invisible007
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 28, 2008 2:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dainsleif a écrit:
I would like to add another reason too: its summer... people have other things to attend so we may not be as active as on other times.

OOC :
Dainsleif is right.
And others are working also.

A game is a game, nothing else. So please wait Smile
Loxxy

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 28, 2008 5:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello Sweetie, I have a couple of lads in Muirkirk asking about the crusaders. I was hoping you could tell me a bit about them please?

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 29, 2008 1:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

invisible007 a écrit:
OOC :

OOC? Who said anything about OOC? Very Happy

Gimi

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 29, 2008 1:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

leanasidhe a écrit:
If I am given a press release or announcement, then I'd be more than happy to publish something newsworthy like this. Very Happy

Hooray! Very Happy

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivante
Page 3 sur 6

Sauter vers: