L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Saint Origène Sermon

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Catriona Delacroix

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 02, 2015 6:52 am    Sujet du message: Saint Origène Sermon Répondre en citant

Sharing the sermon and service given in Hastings to celebrate Saint Origène, the patron saint of seminarians.

((ooc: a long one, this was split over three posts))

Citation:
“Today’s mass is to celebrate the life of Saint Origène, the patron saints of Seminarians. What’s a seminarian, you may ask? Well, these are the clergy who dedicate themselves to the teaching of the faith through educational establishments called Seminaries! They make sure that the clergy of our faith and any interested members of the aristotelian friendship are schooled in the dogma and canon law, so that the faith is then preached consistently.”

“But before we look at Saint Origène’s life, I would first like to read to you the new Camerlengo’s speech. Oh? What’s a Camerlengo, you may ask? Well, the Camerlengo is the Cardinal who leads the college of Cardinals in Rome, overseeing our Faith. He is effectively the Pope’s right hand man, or woman as the case may be. Our new Camerlengo was announced on the 19th of January, his eminence Arnault d’Azayes. And having spoken to him already, I can say that for a french man, he speaks English well!”

Citation:
“Would the Aristotelian faith have remained the Aristotelian faith for all these centuries without an institution capable to rationally organize this faith? Would the holy texts be accessible to all without clerics permanently present to assist the faithfuls in their reading? The obvious answer to these simple questions proves that the Church is definitely an institution dedicated to the good of the faithfuls, for whom it must be the first and foremost goal to save souls. For this purpose, the Church must be rationally organized. That is why the creed of the Holy Church could be Fides et Ratio, Faith and Reason.

We live in troubled times. The kings succeed at a breakneck pace, cities are losing population, no one really understands the deep cause of those disorders. In front of this frenzy and this agitation, more than ever, the Church wants to be an element of trust, peace and stability. To all the faithful who look to it, the Church wants to be a beacon in the night.

If in the past the Church might have forgotten its fundamental role of institution which is serving the faithfuls, today it never ceases to revive with this original mission. But the general depopulation does not help the Holy Institution in finding the necessary means for its task. The Church will nevertheless show no tolerance for mediocrity: it would expose the souls from whom clerics have the charge to the creature to which the Lord has given no name.

To all, from the faithful to the cardinal: the Church is more than ever willing to act permanently for the salvation of a increasing number of souls, and may no one doubt that the vast structure I now have to administrate continuously cares to increase its efficiency.

May Faith and Reason guide all the faithfuls, and may all the faithfuls never forget that they can turn to a Church for their service.”

Before I begin of Saint Origène, I would like to say that we do not have a copy of Saint Origène's hagiograhphy in our Library as it has not yet been translated into the English language. So, firstly, I hope I have all the details right and secondly, if anyone who is of the Faith would like to help the ongoing work of translating the holy texts, please let me know! A sound knowledge of french is helpful as many copies of the holy texts are in that language."

Citation:
Origène was born 185 years after the birth of Christos. He was raised by his father as an aristotelian, learning the holy texts from a young age. Origène’s enthusiastic zeal in his studies impressed many and baptised at the age of 12, he had already a sound knowledge and understanding of the holy texts. Then a tragic event that would deeply affect Origène happened. Emperor Serverus started to persecute Aristotelians and the boy’s father was arrested, tortured and killed.

He grew up, refusing to be involved in corrupt activities, and began to live an ascetic life, spurning riches and comfort for himself and engaging in charitable acts. Above all else he valued the Aristotelian Friendship, helping others who fell into difficulty times with empathy, charity, mutual help and love. He considered the friendship that was returned to him from those helped to be a hundred times more valuable than money or material gain.

His greatest virtue was his generosity, giving food and clothing to the poor, offering shelter to the homeless. He would sell his own possession and give the money to those in need, once selling his large library of manuscripts, which as a scholar you can imagine he valued greatly, so that he could help a friend who had lost everything in a house fire.

Some would criticise Origène, saying he denied his own pleasure and happiness by giving away so much. But on the contrary, Origène considered himself the happiest of men, saying “By living simply and giving to others what I do not need to live, I can enjoy my time studying the holy texts. There is nothing to distract me from the essential purpose of my life and my pleasure in knowing I am deepening my faith … by distancing myself from the temptation of material goods, I am becoming closer to Jah and his will.”

When barely a man, because of his dazzling knowledge, Origène was made head of the School for Religious Teaching by the Bishop of Alexandria. His reputation grew beyond Aristotelian circles and soon many came to be taught by him, including those who had lapsed in their faith, and even pagans and heretics. The school grew, with the addition of new courses and teachers and many were converted to the Faith.

When students were lazy, he would compare the study of the holy texts to acquiring a skill or art such as carpentry or medicine, noting that one cannot fall asleep and wake up expecting to have mastered that skill. Instead, mastery was the result of effort over a long time, and to retain the skill one had to practice the skill daily, otherwise it would disappear. He considered the study of the holy texts to be a constant and ongoing occupation, and at the end of one’s life, then one would behold the glory of Jah, his mysteries finally unveiled.

Origène then met Pactolus, a man who would become his generous patron. As thanks to Origène for setting him on the Aristotelian path, Pactolus gave him his fortune for use in his work. And what great work it was! Previously Origène had taught by the oral tradition, but now he employed many scribes, and began to put his lessons to parchment. Many copies were made and distributed. This continued over Origène’s life and eventually he wrote over 6000 books, commenting on the scriptures and composing theological treaties.

At the age of 45, he became a priest and moved to Caesarea, opening a new school there. He continued to teach in the school as well as preach in church. It was at this time that Origène truly shared the wealth of of his knowledge, intelligence and faith and he became recognized as the authority on the Aristotelian faith in the East. He would often be called to defend the faith in places where heresy arose, challenging those who tried to trouble the church, and successfully bringing them back to the truth.

But he would also give time to retreat, to meditate and become closer to Jah. After a particularly long retreat, his congregation complained at his absence. Origène recollected Christos’s reminder to all to retreat regularly so that one can reconnect with Jah through prayer and tranquil meditation, saying:

“It is essential that each of you take time to step back from your daily life in order to get closer to Jah. Ask yourself, when have I recently taken the time to really think about myself, to get closer to Jah, away from everyday circumstances? Think about it. Daily prayer is essential but no sufficient. It is necessary that everyone can, from time to time, forget everyday life and surrender themselves to reflection without external constraints. This retreat is essential, you will always come back stronger.”

At 63, Origène became the Bishop of Tyre. Two years later began the greatest test of the Aristotelian Church so far. Emperor Dèche resolved to destroy the Church and proclaimed edicts of persecution. Origène could not be overlooked. Yet recalling the martyrdom of his father, he was willing to suffer the same fate for his faith.

Origène endured terrible bodily torture with chains and iron and was kept prisoner in a deep dungeon. He would be locked in a barrel filled with water for several days, then threatened with fire. Bravely he endured all and following the example of Christos, did not cry out, supported by his faith in Jah.

He survived and was eventually freed, but exhausted by this terrible ordeal, he died shortly afterwards at the age of 68. His last words … “My road ends here on Earth. I’m leaving now to join Aristotle and Christos, to continue in the sun …”

"So many lessons can be learnt from the example of Saint Origène's life. His virtue shone like a beacon, reaching many and guiding them to Jah's love. By the inspiration of the almighty, he lightened the darkness, bringing truth and understanding of the holy texts to the world. He lived in the spirit of the Aristotelian Friendship, always seeking to help his neighbour, to bring them comfort, to aid them through difficult times. And he bore the persecution of those who wished to attack the Church established by Christos with patience and courage, the strength of his faith sustaining him."

"Our new Camerlengo, Cardinal Arnault d'Azayes, has spoken to us of the Aristotelian Faith and how it has endured through the centuries. Its foundation was built by those like Origène, and Saint Paulos before him, scholars who discussed, understood and put to parchment the words that formed much of the holy church's dogma and sacred texts in use today. For this we give praise and thanks."

"As the patron saint of seminarians, we remember and celebrate Saint Origène. Those who wish to learn more of the aristotelian faith can attend seminaries to educate themselves, and the Library of Rome, remains open to all who wish to read more, to learn more, to be inspired in their faith and understand the message of Jah. Cardinal Teagan, who many know as a resident of Hastings, works hard as Chancellor of the Holy Office, examining texts which are newly discovered and validating the hagiographies of saints. His Eminence also is the main translator of texts into the English language and for this we give praise and thanks as each new translation is added to our Library."

"May the Holy Church continue for centuries to come, strong in its foundation by the words and wisdom of our ancient saints, and may it contine to lighten the darkness, as Saint Origène did, spreading the word of Jah and bringing his children to his love."

"In faith and reason, AMEN."

Mother Catriona Mackenzie, Bishop in partibus of Ephesus
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> The Church in England, Scotland and Ireland - L'Église d'Angleterre, Ecosse et Irlande Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: