L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[IT]Hagiography of Saint Iustinianus I[EN]

Poster un nouveau sujet   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Villa San Loyats -> Atrium - Dépositaire - Deposit
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Svevo

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 23, 2019 11:31 am    Sujet du message: [IT]Hagiography of Saint Iustinianus I[EN] Répondre en citant

Citation:
Hagiography of Saint Iustinianus I ( ? — 565)

The Western Empire had fallen under the assaults of pagans and Rome itself, seat of the successors of Saint Titus, was often sacked. The Goths, a Germanic tribe who followed the doctrine of Barius, the heretic, governed the Italian peninsula. Their chief was the savage and fierce Dorothericus, who never ceased to persecute Aristotelians.
The Eastern Empire, in the meantime, resisted to the assaults of the invaders and repelled those who attempted to force through the frontier.

The obscure birth

Because of the persecutions in the peninsula, a group of citizens of Comum, a city in the North, decided to flee from the West and seek refuge in the East. Thus, having avoided the Barian patrols, and after a long and hazardous sea voyage, they finally arrived at Constantinople, the glorious Eastern capital. This tiny group included a small family, made up by a young couple with a newborn and a relative of theirs, called Iustin. The baby had bravely endured the travel and had reacted so incredibly well that it seemed he had been blessed by God. He was given the name of Iustinianus.
His parents worked in the Great Palace and had rather humble trades, whereas Iustin successfully fought in the army.

The Propitious Providence

Iustinianus grew up and became a brilliant, intelligent and wise youngster. Despite his obscure birth, he spoke Latin and Greek perfectly well and was admired by everyone.
A young girl, reknown for her debauchery and beauty, whose name was Theodora, lived in Costantinople. She wanted to see who this boy was, thus she went to meet him. Seeing him, she addressed him with arrogance and said: “I have heard a lot about you and many praises have been sung of you, but you do not appear worthy of such a fame.”

Smiling, Iustinianus calmly answered: "You are correct, Theodora, since my appearance is empty: I am nothing more than a creature, created by God, a soul enclosed in my body. I ignore what destiny awaits me, but a dream has revealed a great future, worthy of being lived in His name. In that dream, Theodora, you sat at my right."

As soon as Iustinianus had finished speaking, Theodora lowered her beautiful head, as if the Divine Will had bent it, and, having left her past habits, married the young man.

In the meantime, Providence had smiled once again upon him, as, after the death of the Emperor, his uncle, Iustin, was chosen as Autocrator of the Romans. He was a very strong and courageous man, and an excellent commander, but he was ignorant of politics and of theology, thus Iustinianus, who was elected consul, had to make up for his faults: with great wisdom he administrated the public matter and he began diplomatic interactions with bordering nations. He was also a fervent Aristotleian and took serious measures to limit heresies and heterodoxies

Few years later, finally, Iustin perished and Iustinianus became Roman Emperor.

The Revolt

The rise to power of an Aristotleian, of Italian origins, alarmed Lotila, successor of Dorotheric to the Gothic throne: thus he sent his agents into Imperial territory in order to spread rumours that Iustinianus was a traitor and wanted to cede the Empire to the historic enemies of the Roman population. The mass in Constantinople became furious and assaulted the Imperial Palace. The counsellors were already exhorting the Emperor to flee, but, accompanied by Theodora, he went on the balcony that opened on the forum, where the screaming crowd was; in one hand, the Emperor held a sword, in the other one a map. As soon as he had raised his hands, the population went silent. In the silence, he began to speak:

"I will tell you, in truth, only this: God has conferred authority on me so that I could protect the Church, founded by Christos, in all of the Roman Empire. You can already see a clear sign of it." Indeed a halo had appeared upon the head of the Basileus, the sword was burning of a pure white fire and the map was shining, causing the imperial territories to shine. Thus, the population, with new faith in their Emperor, unveiled the deception and prepared for war.

War and Law

Iustinianus did not forget the Goth treachery and could not tolerate further the heretics that rampaged across his homeland, Italy. Thus, having prepared an army, he appointed Belisarius commander of his armies. He left and, in a short time, conquered Africa, governed by the Vandals, allies to the Goths and heterodox, and then waged war against Lotila himself, restoring, after a long time, the Roman dominion on the peninsula.

Iustinianus, in the meantime, helped by the greatest legislators of his times, created a codex of laws that re-established on Earth the Divine Order, that had assigned the control of the Aristotelian World to the legitimate Roman Emperor, the Eastern Basileus.

The End

One day, Theodora fell ill and, after a brief agony, died. Iustinianus, extremely sorrowful, was taken ill and, despite the help of the greatest doctors in the Empire, was soon close to death. Just before dying, with a trembling voice, he uttered his last will:

"I want my mortal remains to be buried near Comum, the city that saw me getting into the World, so that I can protect it from any peril. Never forget to follow the laws of my Codex and respect my successors, Lords of Constantinople.”

This said, the soul left his body and ascended to the Solar Heaven. His subjects celebrated a very solemn funeral for the enlightened sovereign and brought the body to Comum, where they build a mausoleum in his honour. Towards the end of the ceremony, when the coffin was about to be placed in the building, a miracle took place: all the trees close to the structure, as if in mourning, bent and cried resinous tears. After many years, the tomb fell in abandon and wild plants covered it up, hiding it until the arrival of the legitimate Roman Emperor.

Patron Saint: Como
Protector: Governors, Emperors, Legislators
Relics: The Imperial Sword (Como) and the Map of the Empire (Constantinople)

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 26, 2019 6:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I did some research due to other reasons and found this

http://rome.lesroyaumes.com/viewtopic.php?t=23299

I guess that should solve this case - I will take care to rightfully publish the translations Wink

Cardinal-Deacon of the British Isles -Bishop In Partibus of Lamia - Prefect to the Villa of St.Loyat - Expert to the pontificial collages of Heraldry - Assessor to the Developing Churches
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Svevo

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 29, 2019 6:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yes thanks, this solves everything
Poster un nouveau sujet   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Villa San Loyats -> Atrium - Dépositaire - Deposit Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: